Any penalties in the future?
wth

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: buttski.6135

buttski.6135

huh? why?
who cares about hotjoin? oO

A day without blood is a day without sunshine.
Desolation

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

I quit when there’s 3 or more Mesmers in one team.

I value my mental sanity too much.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Caedes.7839

Caedes.7839

I don’t see how it matters. Games are always full, if not, leave and join a full one.

Well, I see how autobalancing sucks making people go to the losing team but that is all.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

There should be a deserter debuff. I literally went “wth?!?!” when we lead 200 to 100 and suddenly several peeps had to leave the team to fight on the losers side.

Also it is not fun to join a game which got screwed up by some peeps which, of course, were the first to bail out.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

huh? why?

just got tournament with 2 players in my team… there are leavers in tournaments aswell

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: DeathByCactus.3954

DeathByCactus.3954

If you quit a s/tPVP match you should be drug outside and shot.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Being downed by hundred blades or heartseeker spam is the only thing that will make me quit instantly before I am stomped by such a bad player.

CD

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Sachmet.2947

Sachmet.2947

Only time I quit is when I really have to go due to IRL issues. At that point, screw all of you, but up until then, I’ll stay to the end of the match, win or lose.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Fynd.4890

Fynd.4890

You only gain glory at the end of a match, so quitting early already hurts the quitter by dumping their current earned points into the nether.

TL;DR: there’s already a nice leaver penalty, a time-out penalty would be excessive

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

You only gain glory at the end of a match, so quitting early already hurts the quitter by dumping their current earned points into the nether.

TL;DR: there’s already a nice leaver penalty, a time-out penalty would be excessive

Right because leaving the zergfest that your losing and only losing maybe 20-45 points is really a penalty, where as the players on the winning team that get switched over to the teams losing zerg and stay in the match gain little to no more glory for being slaped onto the losing team.

Winning players get more of a slap to the face than the losers, who, when quitting, already aren’t really losing much at all.

~Lone Shadow~

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

If it’s a lopsided match early on, I’ll leave. Sometimes I’ll leave just tokitten off some herpykittenzerg that chased me all over the map to kill me, or a mesmer/thief/hundred blades fellow (if it’s not looking like i’m going to get much glory anyway, the satisfaction is worth more than the glory).

The fact is in a match you’re losing badly, you won’t be getting a lot of kills or anything worth any glory, and you won’t get the win bonus. So why stay? They need to fix the incentives to make people want to try more IMO. There’s just no reason to slog it out in a lopsided losing match.

The added bonus of leaving a lopsided match? I get to make some of the people on the winning team get autobalanced onto the losing team and enjoy some of their own medicine.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: buttski.6135

buttski.6135

hot join is what it is. hot join. it’s like joining a counterstrike server and leaving if you get
tired of it. if you want to play ‘serious’ pvp go play tournies.

A day without blood is a day without sunshine.
Desolation

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: broken.5871

broken.5871

Yeah, its annoying, but its part of the system and tourny pvp isn’t like that. So meh.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’d like to see some kind of penalty employed, but not without recognizing that coming in as a hot-join against a pre-made team should be a valid reason for leaving without incurring a penalty.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

you can’t premade in hotjoin, there is no join as group, only join friend in, and 70% of the time they get put on opposite teams anyways.

~Lone Shadow~

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

everyone is talking about hot join, but this happens in tournaments aswell.

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

Right because leaving the zergfest that your losing and only losing maybe 20-45 points is really a penalty, where as the players on the winning team that get switched over to the teams losing zerg and stay in the match gain little to no more glory for being slaped onto the losing team.

Winning players get more of a slap to the face than the losers, who, when quitting, already aren’t really losing much at all.

Sjach hit the nail on the head. The main issue is busting tail for your team and then getting moved to the losing team (usually towards the end of the match) and having all of your efforts reset.

Going from 200+ points earned to 20 or less is a huge slap in the face.

If they really wanted to fix the issue, they’d let players who volunteer to switch teams keep their points accrued while on the winning side AND give them a bonus (20 points or so wouldn’t be overkill) for switching.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Fynd.4890

I guess you’ve actually never done sPVP, because if you did, you’d know that when you get teamswapped, you retain your points, and being swapped to the losing team is actually beneficial to gaining MORE points, because usually your team is now 3-capped and you can go on a neutralization spree (10 points each for 3 seconds of neut. time).

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

I guess you’ve actually never done sPVP, because if you did, you’d know that when you get teamswapped, you retain your points, and being swapped to the losing team is actually beneficial to gaining MORE points, because usually your team is now 3-capped and you can go on a neutralization spree (10 points each for 3 seconds of neut. time).

I’ve actually done quite a lot of sPvP (around 17 or 18 ranks worth) and have never kept my points. So unless I’m broken, points don’t transfer. Just a few nights ago I was 150+ points on the winning team at 450 to 30 (or near that), got swapped and ended up with FIVE points.

That’s broken.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

I know it doesn’t take away the points you have already earned, but you lose out on points occasionally. There have been times i have been in the stomp animation with the enemy having no more escapes left and get team swapped before it finishes, not to mention tags on all the other players getting ready to die. Thats 15+ points right there gone and the people saying we should be upset about it are really saying you just lost out on 15+ earned points + the match victory bonus, but it’s perfectly ok. Once, one time and I’m pretty sure it was a bug, i got team swapped and got points for a player on the team i got swapped to dying that i was in the fight with I got points for. One player, out of the pack of 3-4 that were getting killed, that is still a 45 point loss plus the 30-60 win bonus loss depending on booster.

~Lone Shadow~

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

I’ve actually done quite a lot of sPvP (around 17 or 18 ranks worth) and have never kept my points. So unless I’m broken, points don’t transfer. Just a few nights ago I was 150+ points on the winning team at 450 to 30 (or near that), got swapped and ended up with FIVE points.

That’s broken.

Yeah your broken, the game i got swapped twice, due to the fact i was a major contributing factor on the first teams getting ahead, and the second teams coming back, i had around 400 points total from that one game. Also, farming points with treb is entirely to easy >.> i’ve played games where the enemies don’t destroy treab and get upwards of 300 or more everytime just for getting 5 treb hits on the enemy zerg constantly and player kills with either defenses or offenses depending on whether or not our team holds the point being bombarded.

~Lone Shadow~

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Fynd.4890

I know it doesn’t take away the points you have already earned, but you lose out on points occasionally. There have been times i have been in the stomp animation with the enemy having no more escapes left and get team swapped before it finishes, not to mention tags on all the other players getting ready to die. Thats 15+ points right there gone and the people saying we should be upset about it are really saying you just lost out on 15+ earned points + the match victory bonus, but it’s perfectly ok. Once, one time and I’m pretty sure it was a bug, i got team swapped and got points for a player on the team i got swapped to dying that i was in the fight with I got points for. One player, out of the pack of 3-4 that were getting killed, that is still a 45 point loss plus the 30-60 win bonus loss depending on booster.

Okay, so there are two problems here:

1. You lose out on 15 points
  2. The game needs to be balanced because one team has more members than the other

My apologies, but I’d rather see #2 fixed and a balanced game commence than #1 remedied. That’s the selfless compromise, life isn’t always fair.

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

There isn’t quitting in a Hotjoin Game.
However, I sympathize insomuch that this isn’t exactly the most stable hotjoin experience I’ve participated in.

Out of 10 games you might get a 2 or 3 game streak where the points start getting in that sweet spot of a close exciting match and the population stabilizes. But the remaining vast majority of your games are just bland featureless experiences with warm bodies bleeding out of the room to some insane 250 point discrepancy.

And, granted, I could think of a thing or two to tweak on the backend systems to soften the frustration moments a bit. Maybe autobalance can’t happen after a certain point? Maybe give people points for pressing “I Volunteer” if there’s a major point discrepancy because, let’s be honest, that’s pretty altruistic?

However, I’d be remiss to point all the fingers at the mechanics. I see alot of instability that’s purely socially constructed. There’s a surprising amount of people treating this like it’s a matchmade game, and then they turn around and seem to wonder why they’re suddenly alone and getting autobalanced everytime they blink. Newsflash to the uninitiated, in a room structure there’s a much lower threshold for ‘putting up with other people’s kittenfluff’. This should go without saying, but if frustrates you, don’t do it other people. Just exercise a bit of the Golden Rule and god forbid maybe even a little bit of politeness and you’d be surprised how much better a room can be.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

Okay, so there are two problems here:

1. You lose out on 15 points
  2. The game needs to be balanced because one team has more members than the other

My apologies, but I’d rather see #2 fixed and a balanced game commence than #1 remedied. That’s the selfless compromise, life isn’t always fair.

Right because 4 skirmish or defense or offense kills adds up to 15. Thats actually 60 points gone and the up to 30-60 point win bonus if you have booster that makes for a total of 90-120. It is also a self kick in the face when you work hard on the winning team to get a lead like that and then 8-10 points from victory get team swapped, and don’t say well oh you can come back from that, no, you can’t not from a massive amount like that and the game pretty much swapping you and loading you in just in time to hear you lost the match. It’s a self kick to pride and discourages new players from wanting to continue when they get autobalanced to a losing team. And yes, it is entirely important to balance out teams when the game is going to end in 5 seconds, and be rebalanced for the next round anyways.

~Lone Shadow~

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

^
This.

It’s annoying when it happens in tPvP but really that’s kind of the chance you take by playing tourney’s with puggers instead of your team.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

Braxxus.2904
buttski.6135

^
This.

It’s annoying when it happens in tPvP but really that’s kind of the chance you take by playing tourney’s with puggers instead of your team.

Casuals care, you know, the ones who don’t have enough time to spend to get good enough to play competitively in tPvP, but still enjoy versing other players as to repeating the same dungeons to grind for tokens for armor that is really only good when you use it in the dungeon you just got done grinding it from. Those people care about hotjoin, and considering this is only one of numerous threads that discuss the not penalizing leavers as much as the people that get autobalanced to another team threads that are out there, I would say quite a few. Sure the hardcore PvPers do tourneys to get rep, with a good team it’s more efficient that hotjoin anyways, and they don’t really care about what happens with them, ergo all you guys on the forums telling casual players oh well it sucks to be you but since you don’t have the time to put into becoming a hardcore PvP sorry about your loss if you get screwed over by auto balancing constantly.

~Lone Shadow~

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Don’t bring up “casual/hardcore” when it comes to time. It’s a mindset. Just like a large majority of people playing here (I assume) I work 50-70 hours a week, I raise a family, I deal with RL responsibilities just like the next guy. From a “time” standpoint I am casual as hell. The difference is how you spend the time you do have. SPvP is a zergy mess. It’s team deathmatch. It’s exactly the same as in every FPS I’ve ever played outside clanmatches. Go in, zerg around, lul, leave. There won’t be balance there. Just like WvW. It won’t be balanced. It’s all about the zerg and aoe.

The game is (as I understand it) meant to attempt e-sport viability. Because of this the balance is done at the top-end for competitive play. Most every “issue” that’s been presented on the forums (as with every other MMO style game forum when it comes to PvP) is rantish from a viewpoint that is everywhere but actual competitive play.

TLDR: Hotjoin is TDM in MMO format. Adjust your build/tactics/class for the zerg/aoe. Balance lies in competitive play. Casual/Hardcore is mindset, regardless of time.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

sPVP QUITTERS

in PvP

Sjach Darasv.3729

Braxxus.2904

Don’t bring up “casual/hardcore” when it comes to time. It’s a mindset. Just like a large majority of people playing here (I assume) I work 50-70 hours a week, I raise a family, I deal with RL responsibilities just like the next guy. From a “time” standpoint I am casual as hell. The difference is how you spend the time you do have. SPvP is a zergy mess. It’s team deathmatch. It’s exactly the same as in every FPS I’ve ever played outside clanmatches. Go in, zerg around, lul, leave. There won’t be balance there. Just like WvW. It won’t be balanced. It’s all about the zerg and aoe.

The game is (as I understand it) meant to attempt e-sport viability. Because of this the balance is done at the top-end for competitive play. Most every “issue” that’s been presented on the forums (as with every other MMO style game forum when it comes to PvP) is rantish from a viewpoint that is everywhere but actual competitive play.

TLDR: Hotjoin is TDM in MMO format. Adjust your build/tactics/class for the zerg/aoe. Balance lies in competitive play. Casual/Hardcore is mindset, regardless of time.

I think your missing the point entirely here, yes thats what the game is in the 8v8 format and that is how it will stay unless the point system is changed. The point here is being auto balanced to the losing side when there is literally only like 4-5 secs before the match ends and will be rebalanced for the next game anyways. I don’t understand why all the competitive people come in here acting all smart and know what there talking about and being like, oh it’s perfectly fine for the people that don’t want to play competitively to be handed a loss. A rework in the time allotted for autobalance to take place in the sPvP 8v8 has absolutely no affect on what happens in tPvP in any way shape or form. There is no reason to hate on the casuals who just want to run around in the giant zergfest, when the point in this topic will not remotely affect your competitive play.

~Lone Shadow~