sPvP + Achievement Points

in PvP

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Q:

Since the new achievement points reward came out I’ve been steadily tidying up those points I was missing. Its got to the point where a large chunk of my missing points come from spvp. The same for a few of my friends.

If we were to buy a custom arena and lock it, could we get our points against each other without bothering anyone/joining the random hot joiny thing hell hole? Or do wins in these arenas not count to prevent this?

Sincerely

PvE Scrub.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

A:

So I bought one!

Turns out you can’t use it to farm the PvP achievement points, doing things like setting a password or lowering the length of a match, number of players etc turns your arena into a no progression zone.

At first I raged out that I’d spent 1600 gems on something that I thought was effectively worthless to me, but after a bit of twiddling with it and figuring out more about how it works, we got on just fine getting our achievement points. We put private in the name, which most people respected which was nice! Those that didn’t got kicked swiftly, which I deemed fair as we were labelled private in big letters hehe.

It was also good to spend more time looking at the PvP browser in more detail, we had a good look to see what other people were using custom arenas for and it was great to see 1v1s and training etc

At the end of the day we had a good laugh, so it was worth it

Aisi x

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

You can get most of them. A few achievements are for torunaments only. I’ve only played using the server browser option so far, and the achievements are counting.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

in PvP

Posted by: sirnibb.4709

sirnibb.4709

You get a lot of points just for getting 200 hot joins wins on each class, i’m sure this will work in a custom arena, just play 1,600 games and bam, profit :P

Rank 80 guild wars 2 player.

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Seems like you could. Set all the conditions to the fastest possible scenario and then just try to murder each other for hours. Sounds like it may be fun.