sPvP Tutor Tag

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: tangatalaga.5943

tangatalaga.5943

Hey guys! What does everyone think of having a a green sPvP “tag” that is analogous to the blue Commander tag that serves in PvE and WvW?

This tag would denote that this player is a Tutor and indicates that he is willing to give advice to those in either the HotM or in hotjoins. Of course, a minimum personal rank of 50 would be required to purchase this tag for some set amount of gold (50g-75g?).

I feel that something like this would create in-game “faces” whom new players can trust to learn builds, practice roles with, understand map dynamics, and formulate strategies. This would help to alleviate the problem of new players blaming their disadvantage to level, rank, gear, etc. This may also get new players to stop prioritizing personal score as “the only thing that matters”.

Thoughts?

More Soul Than ‘Fight Club’

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: ExpelHax.8012

ExpelHax.8012

thats genius, make it happen anet

Y Iisey Y, desolation EU
Fifty Five Hp Monks [ELE]

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Great idea, there was some discussion about marking some players as tutors a year or so back but this is much more simple and streamlined than any of the ideas thrown around back then.

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Would be cool, but I’d imagine there would be a lot of troll whispers, and well.. a LOT of whispers.

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: Super.2749

Super.2749

It’s not smart to let top players pay to help low level players. Would probably be better for devs to decide on who have these tags instead of having random top 200 players giving bad advice to low level players.

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

1000tpvp match played and u can buy this tag for free.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

PvE players would buy the tag and not turn it off, just like the commander tags.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: tangatalaga.5943

tangatalaga.5943

It’s not smart to let top players pay to help low level players. Would probably be better for devs to decide on who have these tags instead of having random top 200 players giving bad advice to low level players.

Yeah the criteria are things that need to be worked on. I just figured the more experienced you are, the more likely you are know the sPvP as a whole. Obviously, neither personal rank nor leaderboard rank are the best indicators of experience.

Maybe some sort of application process must take place in order for a player to receive the Tutor tag to narrow down the roster of truly willingly helpful players.

Its up in the air and open for discussion!

Edit: Grammar

More Soul Than ‘Fight Club’

(edited by tangatalaga.5943)

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I will wear this tag for kitten and make fun of the newbies.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

The idea is gut, except of the part where you have to pay to use it.

In addition, I think the bigger problem aren’t the unexperienced players and more the unexperienced players who don’t care about advice.

Just play some Hot Join games and before the match begins, write some stuff like:
-Only 1 player on a save node / homepoint. More players wont make it capture faster
-Don’t go for NPC on the beginning, better go mid.
-The points on the scoreboard don’t mean anything
-Fight on points, everywhere else it is useless
-Don’t zerg around, try to capture points
-Don’t go mid if their treb is shooting, try to destroy their treb

Or if you are capping a free node and another player of your team comes:
-“Plz leave, nothing to do here. / This wont make it cap faster./The points don’t matter”
etc.

And see how many players will react. The results usally are frustrating.

I know, I probably will get called an “elitist” and my post will be called “toxic”, but the bigger problem is, that a big part of the players (at least in Hot Join) are ignorant idiots.

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

You can help players anyway if you want to. You don’t need to have that tag up and show off.

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

You can help players anyway if you want to. You don’t need to have that tag up and show off.

Pretty much this, if people actually ask for help in hotm I don’t hesitate to help. (It could be me, but people that spam forums I can care less about)

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

I dont think it is in need.
I rather think that making “Legendary Champion” visible anywhere, even in wvw, would be nice though.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

sPvP Tutor Tag

in PvP

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

If you really want to do this, just tag up before you enter spvp, and your blue commander tag will appear to all your teammates in game, you can simply issue orders like you would normally.