sPvP Underwater Class Tier List

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

Since Defektive made an excellent class tier thread I thought I would make a thread where we as a community could make an underwater tier thread. As we all know that underwater combat is paramount to the overall combat of the game, so I just want to see how underwater tiers compare to the on land tiers.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

The whole thing is trash and classifying trash is silly.
Will gladly accept their overhaul patch for that system, but till then it’s still in Beta.

top tier.
Ranger.
Or maybe not, who knows though. Who plays underwater?

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Warrior is fairly ridiculous damage underwater. The five on harpoon does like 13k damage, and the 2 does around 4k.

Basically whenever I’m underwater on my warrior, I don’t feel helpless anymore. It’s basically a “you’re in my realm now” kind of deal.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

I approve of this thread.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: TheWalkingDead.7298

TheWalkingDead.7298

Wait, you can go in that liquid stuff? Thought it was just decoration.

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Thief replaces the guardian underwater I bunked ON RoC underwater 4evah’

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

All I know is the ele is really bad underwater (or at least I am). I come in against a an enemy at half health and use whirlpool as that seems to be the only way to do much damage, manage to down him, then proceed to be killed by him in the downed state as I fail to finish him since he just swims away from finishers. Eventually he downs me and kills me in my downed state. This may definitly be a l2p issue but just throwing it out there. For the record I kill most people on land as long as I am not out numbered so I am not a terrible player overall.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

All I know is the ele is really bad underwater (or at least I am). I come in against a an enemy at half health and use whirlpool as that seems to be the only way to do much damage, manage to down him, then proceed to be killed by him in the downed state as I fail to finish him since he just swims away from finishers. Eventually he downs me and kills me in my downed state. This may definitly be a l2p issue but just throwing it out there. For the record I kill most people on land as long as I am not out numbered so I am not a terrible player overall.

You play an ele? I had you figured for a necro.

*BA-DUM TISH*

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Tier S:
++ Ranger

Tier A:
+Warrior (#5 on harpoon is OP b/c the Range is way too long – it comes out more like 1500-1800, not 1200 like is listed – and it doesn’t continue forward like every other charge once it reaches target. It is like a heat-seeking, moving hundred blades)
+Engie (nades are great and are player-targeted)
=Mesmer (the charge ability is pretty good
-Thief (some pretty good control and decent damage)
-Ele (you have to hop around like an idiot using water 3 and 5, and use your cc properly. Also helps there is no such thing as backstab/ports underwater. EA not working, and lack of ether renewal is killer here. Also, whirlpool is garbage and kills you just like tornado, except it doesn’t clear people off point.)

I have honestly never seen a guardian or necro fight under water, and havent played them under water myself.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Last time I saw this thread I was riding my dinosaur to work.

Also:

Godlike king of the seas Tier: Ranger
Grenade kit Tier: Engineer
I really don’t know anyone’s underwater skills I just mash buttons Tier: Everyone else.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Ranger is king in water , rest all meh , but theyre poor out of water so , all fair , give us more underwater content lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Last time I saw this thread I was riding my dinosaur to work.

Also:

Godlike king of the seas Tier: Ranger
Grenade kit Tier: Engineer
I really don’t know anyone’s underwater skills I just mash buttons Tier: Everyone else.

LMAO!

I guess all the rangers complaining their class is weak is playing in the wrong place. They need to lure their enemies into the water to win.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

hum.. I guess I’m the only one that feels that the Necro is much stronger UW then the other class.

Playing my necro in both spvp and wvw, I always rejoice when I can pull others to fight me underwater, as I feel I have a very noticeable edge on anyone except maybe rangers.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Ror.9208

Ror.9208

Power necro is pretty strong underwater

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Ranger is best, I reckon Engineer is pretty garbage underwater.
Their default attack is so slow, then they have an attack you have to detonate, then there’s an immobilize, then there’s a timed bomb and a garbage condi attack.

Really, really bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Ranger is best, I reckon Engineer is pretty garbage underwater.
Their default attack is so slow, then they have an attack you have to detonate, then there’s an immobilize, then there’s a timed bomb and a garbage condi attack.

Really, really bad.

Use grenades.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

The only time I actually fight underwater is those kitten sharks at the ruins…

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

in PvP

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Underwater combat is for true men, such a shame there’s only one capture point in the whole spvp maps that is actually interesting to fight for.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

My spvp undercombat experience is little, but there is just one map, Raid on the Capricorn, with underwater combat.

I used to do tons of solo roaming in WvWvW in the lake in WvWvW before the September 17th patch (the patch was so bad it made me stop WvWvW completely). In fact people on my server called me “King of the Lake” or “Lord of the lake”. Comments like “best underwater fighter in EU” are overrated. I am NOT that good. I am an old man with slow reflexes. I have played all the other professions underwater against other players except guardian (all my 7 other professions are level 80, but guardian is still level 61). Most of the my fights have been against ranger (by far the most common profession underwater), but I have been fighting against each profession multiple times, having 1 vs 1/2/3/4/5. 2 vs 2. I have been able to beat two enemy engineers at same time alone with my own engi, but that is only because most players are so bad underwater and think that grenade kit is overpowered (basically most enemy engineers use only the grenade kit and harpoon gun #2 and #4 and that is one major reason why they LOSE).

The underwater combat in WvWvW isn’t that different, so I think this applies:

S tier:
Ranger
- 1500 range with eagle eye trait, both spear and harpoon gun are solid weapons, but do auto attack does rather low damage. The pet seems to have massive range, around 4000 and e.g. shark pet has massive health pool
- Ranger is very difficult to kill alone underwater due bugged downed state #3, lick wounds. Even if the pet is dead, it still continues to revive the ranger. Basically you need either massive dps or interrupt lick wounds right at the moment and keep pet away

Tier A

+Warrior
- good mobility, high survivability, superb condition removal and good damage
- spear #2, spear #5 and harpoon gun #5 and both burst skills are very strong can do very big damage. Harpoon gun #5 and spear #2 seem to have homing ability and hit further away then the skill description says

+Necromancer
- unyielding blast and reaper’s might traits make life blast (death shroud #1) very strong underwater (e.g. use gives might, causes vulnerability, pierces and transfers one condition to target).
- both underwater weapons are solid + plague is one the best underwater elite skills
- Necromancer can very quickly stack so massive amount of conditions underwater that most professions have trouble cleansing them all.

Engineer
- Engineer used to be very good underwater with the grenade kit + grenadier trait, but few months ago they changed the grenade kit so that the spread is now great. Only 1-2 out of 3 grenades hit from range. Grenade barrage is a joke, even at melee range it can fail to hit any grenade. It is very easy to kite grenades from range due their slow projectile speed (no need to use dodge, just use swiftness).
- lacks any gap closer underwater
- Harpoon gun #2 hits hard and so does #4, but especially the latter is very easy to dodge. Harpoon gun #1 is probably the worst underwater auto attack dues its tendency to miss (it says homing missile, but it misses!) and super slow projectile speed. High damage doesn’t help if the firing rate + speed sucks
- bomb kit + EG also very valid underwater choices

Mesmer
- good mobility and damage, one of the rare professions besides warrior and engineer which can spike hard underwater with shatter
- spamming all those endless illusions is a bit too easy, AI for the win
- both underwater elites are more group utility

-Thief
- good mobility + decent damage
- used to have easy perma evade with spear #5 (no more)
- lack of stealth underwater is a serious issue, as many thief traits are related to stealth and thus a stealth build thief loses a lot underwater, but on the other hand abundant stealth underwater would be utterly broken as it is true 3D and stealth allows extremely easy way to reset fights underwater and position yourself for the win

Tier B

Elementalist
- pretty easy to dodge the high hitting attacks
- auto attack does really low damage
- elite not that great

Guardian
- a bunker guardian is difficult to kill alone underwater, but won’t kill anybody alone either
- guardian attacks are easy to dodge underwater except for trident #5, which is good

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

This is me whenever i do underwater combat. You have to look the part

Attachments:

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

1. Ranger
  2. Mez
  3. Engi if speced correctly

The rest aren’t important.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

I think a downed state class tier list would be more interesting, if were going to order terrible unfinished beta crap anet has thrust upon our game…