sPvP continues to be a mess.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I have never seen what the OP is claiming, one case I suspected it but hardly gamebreaking.

If it really is happening all the time please make a vid and show us.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Not sure if serious, or just kissing kitten on Valve and Blizzard. There’s so many hackers on Valve games and Blizzard games rofl. I could literally google a valve game right now and write “hacks” after the name and I will be supplied with all the hacks I ever dreamed of, it’s that simple for Valve games.

Regarding Valve and Blizzard exploits: You can find videos but they are things that have been patched…. Again, these studios understand response time to these sort of issues are critical. Juxtapose GW2. The speeed/teleport/flight hack has pretty much continued on unstoppable for three and a half months.

Hackers will hack but respected game studios have the talent and a solid enough foundation to wage war with hackers and fight back. It appears ArenaNet is not even able to do that.

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Yeah, he goes on like it’s a rampant problem that everyone sees every day. Except if that were the case we’d see more threads about hackers then we see complaints about Thieves.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

Not sure if serious, or just kissing kitten on Valve and Blizzard. There’s so many hackers on Valve games and Blizzard games rofl. I could literally google a valve game right now and write “hacks” after the name and I will be supplied with all the hacks I ever dreamed of, it’s that simple for Valve games.

Regarding Valve and Blizzard exploits: You can find videos but they are things that have been patched…. Again, these studios understand response time to these sort of issues are critical. Juxtapose GW2. The speeed/teleport/flight hack has pretty much continued on unstoppable for three and a half months.

Hackers will hack but respected game studios have the talent and a solid enough foundation to wage war with hackers and fight back. It appears ArenaNet is not even able to do that.

Patched really? Want me to find several TF2 and L4D hacks right now for you?

(im a girl btw)

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Now you’re just trolling. Valve games, even those used for esports have rampant cheating. ESEA alone has banned 13 players for hacking in the past week. These are players who had hacks that made it through two separate cheating detection systems and are paying for a separate matchmaking system.

in PvP

Posted by: metalsonic.2503

metalsonic.2503

When I asked someone in WoW how the game was I told him a ‘’I told you so’‘. WoW’s kitteny crapy atm =D, nothing like it was when TBC release or Ulduar. After ToC WoW has gone straight downhill into the toilet pretty much. With Blizzard as the entire company with it.

Games nowadays are crap with every release after the other being a disappointment or worse then the original. The economic crisis sadly is clearly visible in the gaming sector as I haven’t really seen any game being released that didn’t already had a name or some reputation.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Now you’re just trolling. Valve games, even those used for esports have rampant cheating. ESEA alone has banned 13 players for hacking in the past week. These are players who had hacks that made it through two separate cheating detection systems and are paying for a separate matchmaking system.

No. I’ve not said hacks don’t exist in those games. I’ve pointed out other companies (Valve and Blizzard for this discussion) have done a much better job dealing with those issues. Their issues don’t go months without being addressed.

When you have a security hole it must be dealt with quickly or people do exactly what they have done with GW2, they make videos, they put up links on sites to share with everyone. The hole to continues to go unpatched and the game just goes to garbage.

I can accept that occasionally a group of hackers will make it through. That will not change, what I have difficulty with is having a company like ArenaNet showing they have no good defense against such threats.

We’re going in circles now. The fact that game-breaking hacks went unstopped by ArenaNet from launch until present day is all the proof you need. Valve has never make that sort of long term failure with security. To my knowledge Blizzard hasn’t either. I welcome articles showing otherwise.

Regarding the validity of my claims about the speed/teleport/flight hacks. Google is your friend, you can find references to these things being used second week after release. I’m not going to hunt down the articles. I’ve already gone against my instincts and posted referencing to youtube videos to pacify the people here who are unable to do their own searching.

The facts are out there. You can do the math. If Blizzard or Valve have left a game-breaking security hole open for this amount of time and I somehow missed that in the press feel free to post a link. Until then it’s simple. I am right. You are wrong, the facts exist to validate. my stance. If you don’t believe me research. If you don’t believe me then I don’t care beyond this point. Too much negative energy here for me to continue. I don’t enjoy pointing out the Titanic is sinking.

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

No. I’ve not said hacks don’t exist in those games. I’ve pointed out other companies (Valve and Blizzard for this discussion) have done a much better job dealing with those issues. Their issues don’t go months without being addressed.

You explicitly said time and again that Valve “fixes” hacks immediately. This could not be further from the truth. In fact, Valve’s policy is to deliberately leave exploits in the game, observe usage, then months down the road VAC ban players for having used those exploits.

Valve response to hacks and exploits is actually so bad that multiple third parties have developed their own anti-cheat detection programs as well as third party community ban lists to try reduce the rampant hacking in Valve games. There’s still plenty of exploits in CSS that have been there since the engine overall a couple years ago.

Yet you insist that this is significantly faster and better response than what Arenanet has provided. But despite around a dozen requests for evidence, you’ve still failed to provide evidence of a single hack in sPvP that works today. Your only attempt to provide truth included several claims of “exploit” which were actually the thief skill Steal working exactly as intended. The few actual problems that were in the sole example you could provide have already been fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

I never saw a hack or a cheat in this game.

Then you have never been to Broken Shore my friend and seen the drones of bots hackin around there lol.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock