sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: bjchase.3074

bjchase.3074

I haven’t done a lot of sPvP so I am starting to “learn” about it. The gear skins you get from glory chests is soulbound? Am I missing something? I spend glory points (which is account bound) on a glory chest which has a random chance at skins. Today I bought a gold chest on my warrior and got medium gear. Why? If it was account bound ok but it’s not. If I knew what I was getting I would purchase them on the appropriate toon. This just doesn’t seem right. Also, I have a Thief and a Ranger. I don’t remember what I got on what toon. What if I got gloves on both? The locker only holds one. Again this just doesn’t seem right.

Stormbluff Isle
Straight Outta Kryta [KRTA]
I fart in your general direction

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Chests can give any item type. Depositing your skins into the locker allows any of your characters to pull the items back out and use. Extra items you can salvage to throw into the mystic forge to get something specific. Unfortunately, the locker only holds one for now because of technical reasons.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

ooooo so the locker will eventually be able to hold multiples?

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

i certainly hope so, atleast for dual wield weapons that would be great.

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

ooooo so the locker will eventually be able to hold multiples?

Was discussed a bit in a thread a while ago. We haven’t designed what the new locker would be. We just know it needs a revamp since we’re so limited as it is. I would imagine we would do away with needing to hold onto multiple because the whole system is meant to be for skin “unlocks”.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

i know this contradicts with what evan is saying but the locker could hold up to 250 of each item skin during early beta events

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: Cuddle Time.4027

Cuddle Time.4027

This is awesome to hear. I would love for armor in the pvp locker to work the same way sigils andrunes do. Once you deposit one, you can withdraw them indefinitely. For that to work there would have to be some sort of restriction on salvaging things that come from the pvp locker.

Cuddle Time, out!

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Related bug:
Turns out, sPvP gear is character-bound when placed into your PvE bank. So don’t do it. Due to said limitations, I was trying to remake my character and since there already was an exact item in my PvP locker, I decided to place it into my PvE bank. Here’s the problem though – when I deleted that character and went to pick up the stuff from the PvE bank on my new character, I could NOT withdraw the items because they are bound to my deleted character. The items are now stuck in my bank.

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Related bug:
Turns out, sPvP gear is character-bound when placed into your PvE bank. So don’t do it. Due to said limitations, I was trying to remake my character and since there already was an exact item in my PvP locker, I decided to place it into my PvE bank. Here’s the problem though – when I deleted that character and went to pick up the stuff from the PvE bank, I could NOT withdraw the items because they are bound to my deleted character. The items are now stuck in my bank.

I had similar problem, what I did was withdraw duplicate items from PvP locker with another character, then deposit them from a character I wanted to delete.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: Cuddle Time.4027

Cuddle Time.4027

Related bug:
Turns out, sPvP gear is character-bound when placed into your PvE bank. So don’t do it. Due to said limitations, I was trying to remake my character and since there already was an exact item in my PvP locker, I decided to place it into my PvE bank. Here’s the problem though – when I deleted that character and went to pick up the stuff from the PvE bank on my new character, I could NOT withdraw the items because they are bound to my deleted character. The items are now stuck in my bank.

Even if you’ve already deleted the character, you can still withdraw the items from your locker to open up the deposit slot, then deposit the soulbound item in your pve bank(unbinding it). Hope that helps

Cuddle Time, out!

sPvP "gear" - Soulbound?

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

why does anet respond to threads like this about stuff that doesnt matter. please post in the threads where people area discussing meaningful topics, kthx.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace