[sPvP guide] Calling experienced thieves!

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Hi!

As many of you know, I am working on finishing my thief guide. A part of this guide will be about sPvP. I used to play a lot of tPvP before, but haven’t had time the last months and I am far from top tier thief in PvP. Therefore I need the help from other experienced PvP thieves to give me tips and guidance for the guide.

I want to cover everything from rotations, target priority, style, tips, tricks, meta builds, and pretty much everything. If any thieves want to help you can either answer here or send me a pm.

Cheers!

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Geiir.7603

The PvP guide will be a part of my Book of Shadows. I do not think I will post it elsewhere, but I’ll wait and see how people react and want. It is meant as a guide on how to play thief in tPvP.

Do you use this build in soloQ or teamQ? If so, could you send me a PM with some rotation tips and tactics? I am currently not a big fan of Shadow Arts in tPvP due to the fact that you won’t cap anything in stealth. I’ll test the build too and see.

Thanks for the input!

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

wasn’t caed making full thief guide?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

thieves only use 2 6 0 0 6 or 2 0 0 6 6 dont listen to what that dude said lol

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Yeah lol that dude is either trolling or unexperienced, atm there is 1 s/d build with traits 2 0 0 6 6 and 2 d/p builds 6 0 2 0 6 or 2 6 0 0 6 used in tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

He’s not trolling… he keeps posting builds and nonsense about builds and most of the time it’s probably just something he made while getting rolled in hotjoins…

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Geiir.7603

Couldn’t find one… :/ But if that is true I may implement it into my guide, granted I get his permission though.

Yes, I know the meta builds and have played them all, both in team and solo queue. But I do not consider myself experienced enough to make an in-depth guide about thief rotations and some of the good tricks the pros use, to actually make a guide out of it. That is why I request the help of fellow thieves that has more experience than me in he competitive scene.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

DPS
4/4/6/0/0
III-X/V-IX/V-VIII-XI
Dual Pistol/Dagger
Sigil of Force/Accuracy
Rune of the Eagle
Assassin Amulet
Hid in Shadow/Blinding Power/Signet of Agility/Shadow Refuge/Basilisk Venom

Thief build that I think I got to 100% hope it helps you on your quest of knowledge. Hope to see this guide posted all over so every Tyrian can benefit from it.

Notes on build: This is a very squishy but very power DPS build. I’d advice to take advantage of the stealth pistol skill 1 combo so you can burst and save on initiative. Dual pistol burst to lower health and once hp is 50% or lower D/D skill 2 to finish the fight.

Hope this helps!

@ OP this build is massively unconventional, and not part of the meta at all. If you’re looking for standard (and most effective) thief specs, please check out http://metabattle.com

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

because uber pr0 1 shot thieves don’t spec shadow arts and go full DA.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Lol play the build and then make up your own mind or copy/paste like theses people are saying. I wonder how people found out about “metas”. Easy to copy/paste.

http://metabattle.com <———- LMFAO

He asked for meta builds, not kittenty theorycrafts ^____^

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

K deleted enjoy Metabattle.com

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Seems like all the Master Thief is making all their way through in to Grand Master, i like this competition. wondering whose gonna win and complete the book of thievery first, (it seems valuable indeed) looking forward.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

He has everything written out, but is stuck with making the videos. So unless someone can help him with making videos, I doubt the guide will come anytime soon :/

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

in PvP

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

He has everything written out, but is stuck with making the videos. So unless someone can help him with making videos, I doubt the guide will come anytime soon :/

The big problem is recording usable footage takes a really long time when you’re downed or defeated 90 percent of the time.

3/10, you can do better than that Lopez :/

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i don’t think anyone is “good enough” to help him xD

are videos really that necessary? from what i read it is pretty helpfull already

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: CobOfCorn.6352

CobOfCorn.6352

Thief meta in tpvp is 2/6/0/0/6 D/P, 2/0/0/6/6 S/D or 6/0/2/0/6 D/P (although panic strike D/P is more common in the EU meta)

Ably

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

this may sound like a stupid question but why would you need panic strike on a weaponset(d/p) that can stick to targets easily?

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

this may sound like a stupid question but why would you need panic strike on a weaponset(d/p) that can stick to targets easily?

Good question. The immobilize lasts pretty long. Which is usefull because you have such an easy time to get behind your target. Plus your target can’t dodge.

In a coordinated team it will be even better to spike someone down.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Geiir.7603

Good question. The immobilize lasts pretty long. Which is usefull because you have such an easy time to get behind your target. Plus your target can’t dodge.

In a coordinated team it will be even better to spike someone down.

I have personally played around with revealed training instead (pre-casting backstab into steal) and found out it suited me better than panic strike. In an organized team I can see panic strike do better though.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Here’s a recent video (small guide) on how to use Infinite Infiltrator’s Strike:
http://youtu.be/o1vW5kfyoXE

Feel free to use it

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Geiir.7603

Here’s a recent video (small guide) on how to use Infinite Infiltrator’s Strike:
http://youtu.be/o1vW5kfyoXE

Feel free to use it

That’s awesome! I’ll add it to my guide when I have time. Have been caught up with real life stuff lately, so haven’t had too much time to work on the guide :/

Melder – Thief