sPvP is fine and will only get better

in PvP

Posted by: Beonebee.7385

Beonebee.7385

I’m sick of reading all these qq posts. I’ve pvp’d up to rank 23, tried out most professions and feel pvp is fine. There is a counter to everything. If you can’t 1v1 someone, call your friend to come help. The water map isn’t in tourneys and if you don’t like zerg-fest, avoid hot join. Anet has already said changes are coming (thief HS spam was fixed quick). Balance isn’t number one priority post launch… hang in there, try a new build, pvp is fine and if you don’t like it keep it to yourselves or just don’t play.

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisius.2453

Acrisius.2453

Dude, you’re making WAY too much sense. How am I supposed to complain and rage when you’ve effectively removed any valid reason for doing so?!

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

i agree, finally

in PvP

Posted by: Beonebee.7385

Beonebee.7385

And guess what… I’ve been bursted down by a 100B warrior, pistol whip thief, and confused to death by smart mesmers… but I’ve also killed all those professions. This game is about team work (hence combos) and filling a role. There aren’t really “do-it-all” builds, just pick a role and build for it.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

pvp is fine. if you die, you spawn again. there is no dp. you’ll not be dead forever. if you lose, try again. you’ll win eventually.

in PvP

Posted by: uMad.5719

uMad.5719

I bet 90% of the people complaining about pvp probably dont even know how to use combo fields!

in PvP

Posted by: Sargon.9132

Sargon.9132

Thank you for this. Well said and I hope many of these posters take this to heart.

in PvP

Posted by: SaikoPsycho.5312

SaikoPsycho.5312

Wow someone should sticky this stuff man. People need to stop being silly and read this stuff and know what it ACTUALLY means to play sPVP. Kudos to the OP

in PvP

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

I agree, as will the forum. I would like to see more in depth discussion on Strats/Comps and counters/builds. Which is why I have frequented this sub forum. I find much more constructive conversation going on in the class specific forums then currently here, if you are like me and looking to engage in more meaningful discussions I highly recommend checking those until the “scenery” changes here.

The game is still new and with the instant max pvp in the game a lot of people are rushing judgement. Not saying some complaints aren’t necessary because this is a place for legitimate ones foresure, but ATM that’s all every thread is.

I wish Anet would just be abit more heavy handed on moderating some of the “whine” threads and help weed out those types of people. But what are u goin to do!

Either way good thread man. Thx for sharing

in PvP

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

I bet 90% of the people complaining about pvp probably dont even know how to use combo fields!

I’m willing to take some of that action and add that most of them are probably WoW PvPers, where add ons and gear play the game for you.

Are there stuff that needs to be balanced, tweeked and fixed? Sure that will always happen but it’s no where near as “broken” as majority of the QQers are saying.

I will also admit my level of play picked up once I learned how to use CD’s and Combo more effectivly. I came in just spamming buttons, but quickly got out of that mindset, sat down to learn the mechanics and started supporting my team. The teams that do well are the ones that get their downed players up ASAP, use combo field and communicate. If you’re not going to do that, and just want to WTFPWNFACEROLL then get mad when you get steamed rolled.. should just quit now.

in PvP

Posted by: Mandra Madador.1709

Mandra Madador.1709

This is just to good. Are you all in the same guild?
Everyone is agreeing with each other.
That alone is more interesting to me than the topic.

Whats funny to me is that the majority of the complaints are done where there is no pvp confrontation (the forums) so it is to be expected for all the stressed post.

But this one is special! Everyone here is so in tune with each other.
I think this should be the news of this post.

Anyway yea,
posts, crying, w/e its nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: faileon.4381

faileon.4381

You should listen to the NPC that says “First defense, then offense!”. Following his advice my spvp/tournament joy skyrocketed

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

faileon: anet wants game offence>difence

in PvP

Posted by: blaren.2358

blaren.2358

yeah man the game will get so much better if we rather give a giant pat on the back than share our actual opinions about what we think should be improved. i’m with you!

(edited by blaren.2358)

in PvP

Posted by: Baddestchica.2348

Baddestchica.2348

Ditto ; ) I agree with the OP.

The gaming Madre

in PvP

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

2 thumbs up. Remember its only a game (and akittengood one at that) and the angst/qq you feel now will seem silly when you think back on it a year later.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Vecna.8197

Vecna.8197

It will improve greatly. Arena net just need to play it ALOT and see what needs tweaking, where. And also not be afraid of making changes. If something needs to be taken out take it out even if it was on the back cover of the game box! This is a contentious developing game and will be really good over a period of time. They should listen to the players and most of all play it a lot and make it the best possible. Improve pvp even more and people will always play it.