sPvP - things to come.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Badtrip.2760

Badtrip.2760

Can i say once more how awesome arena in Guild Wars would be?
Seriously it would be so awesome I would be playing just that straight for a long long time.
Please Arena net give us arenas!

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: lyn.4156

lyn.4156

10v10 sPvp please no 15v15 even better 8v8 is not chaotic enough

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

Stay tuned!

Chap, any update?

Hate to pester you, but the Free Tournament pug stomp is starting to get old. Coordinating queues among organized teams sort of works, but even that is imperfect, and playing three games in hopes of getting one competitive one is not fun for anybody. I really hope that the update will include information about Paid Tournaments and improved matchmaking.

It’s also really hard for any meaningful meta to develop when the more skilled, coordinated teams are only meeting each other occasionally (by coordinating or otherwise). There are some apparent balance issues on the margins with several classes, but it’s hard to pin down a solution to those issues until you provide a platform for high-level 5v5 teams to constantly play, beat up, and one up eachother over many iterations.

Finally, providing a platform for high-level teams to constantly play one another should improve stream spectating, since viewers can reliably expect to watch good games. That may temper some of the balance suggestions from players who are still learning the game and have not realized the potential of certain classes relative to others.

Really looking forward to the update and fingers crossed that these important features will make their way into the game very soon.

- Atlas Ele [glhf]

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Ace of Spades.6325

Ace of Spades.6325

Pls just release it already…

Master of Disaster, team Super Squad
http://www.youtube.com/user/iamgrunt100?feature=mhee

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Tarisuca.3142

Tarisuca.3142

Time is running out. A lot of PvP-players already stopped playing because there is no rating or real tournaments.

GW1: Tarisuka The Monk, GW2: Warmonk Tarisuca
Get Ready Save Glory Boost [GrDy] RiP

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

“When it’s ready” lol

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

The PvP players that stopped playing went ….where? Back to WoW? Back to lol-Rift? Back to SWTOR? The good PvP players are still here as this is the best mmo pvp out there currently.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: spankproof.4618

spankproof.4618

just because alternatives are old or rubbish doesnt mean people haven’t stopped playing, i know 3 noobs who left as they got sick of being one shotted by thieves and warriors early on, and i played on a team of good guys for 4 nights, won 200 odd and lost 5 got bored and 3 of those 4 are now no longer interested .
If your losing people from both ends of the spectrum you have to at least give a sense of whats to come. I myself am fairly happy at the moment but the pvp has been released anything but ready for competition which wasn’t the impression given pre release,
The trouble with todays public is everything has to be now now now, Its how people are and the longer certain things aren’t fixed and the direction isn’t given the more people will leave. When your main competitor is bringing out a expansion crap as it will be, you’d think something to not lose so many people would have been set by now

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

Really can’t wait to see your ideas on Spvp because as it’s a good concept of pvp, there are just a lot of issues that break it. Hopefully you have fixes and ideas that address these issues. Thanx for staying on top of things.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Tommyvern.1943

Tommyvern.1943

It’s all too little, too late. How do you expect to stay competitive in the MMO market by releasing a game that doesn’t have some of the critical aspects of competitive pvp that others already have? I’ve played since launch and am already getting burnt out playing teams who I have no idea what rank or standing they are. Best of luck surviving Mists of Pandaria, ArenaNet.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Nisshoku.3479

Nisshoku.3479

Team Fortress 2 doesn’t have many of the aspects that it’s competitors have.

Just sayin’

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: uMad.5719

uMad.5719

I think an important factor most people seem to be forgetting is there is no sub for the game thus since you’re already hear I assume you paid already. This means you are free to come and go whenever you please you can play something else you deem better til the state of the game is up to your par. The game hasnt been officially launched for a month yet. They’ve done a goood job in terms of response to their players. Most gaming companies you dont hear any word from them for MONTHS, while Anet has almost been replying daily.

seriously be patient things actually take time to be tested and implemented. Especially since they have noted many of our suggestions and have been implementing them.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Really looking forward to it! Might i suggest bug fixing and doing away with the amulet system before major balancing changes to individual classes? Simply having better stat allocation could make builds currently impractical viable. I think the mesmer/thief/guardian work so well as a team backbone in large part because these 3 classes gain their survivability or damage somewhat inspite of their stats, and can concequently use necks more efficiently (beserker).

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

seriously be patient things actually take time to be tested and implemented. Especially since they have noted many of our suggestions and have been implementing them.

I just can´t be patient anymore. I was waiting for years, only hearing “when its ready” now “its ready” and there is missing the main part. The only reason i was buying the game at all. The reason i was organizing comunity and prepared launch of tournaments for this community.

Now i just feel cheated as there is not what was prommised and till now there is no ETA when it will be there. Well, i guess its my fault at all.. i had this strange feeling about it when no official information about the 5v5 tournaments / ladder / custom tournaments wasn´t relased before relase annoucement.

Dont get me wrong, i have a great time in game, i really really like the game. But it doesnt mean nothing as long as im not getting competition.. sorry but thats the reason i play..

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: uMad.5719

uMad.5719

Id rather them not release things when its not actually ready, again. I mean there has rarely been a game that was perfect on release. Stuff just goes wrong when such a large influx of players come in. I mean atleast it isnt in the league of D3. Do they even have pvp yet after how many months? I still give Anet an A overall.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: DalzK.9086

DalzK.9086

I don’t think you guys understand how awesome it is we have automated tournaments on release.

Do you know how cool that is? Its a dream for competitive games.

Sure you can’t host your own games/custom servers, but the game has barely been out so be a bit more patient and enjoy the fact we have automated tournies.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

Anyone have a link to aforementioned blog?

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: merry.3247

merry.3247

I apologize in advance if this subject has been brought yet I was wondering why there is no real GvG/HoH like guild wars 1 ? is it scheduled at a future date or not at all ?

The magic of guild wars (atleast to me) was the competitive GvG and the fun in HoH

World versus World is great but let’s face it , it becomes boring, there is no rank to reach in wvw in terms of end game scenario (without forgetting to mention, atm there is just no way to join it, it is always full high populated server or medium server => same scenario, you just can not join unless you wait hours)

The current tournament spvp are no different from the random battlegrounds and the objectives are just dumb as hell as far as I’m concerned, giving the advantage to some classes (like guardian/mesmer/thief/engineer ^^) sup guys let’s make one thief 2 engineer 2 guardian : <

I seriously hope there are other modes of competitve pvp scheduled soon or I won’t stay long

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Zyd.4352

Zyd.4352

Arenas could be fun for doing duels and stuff like that, but for competition it’s a bad idea, it’s better from the spectator point of view to see objectives going on than watching healthbars fighting.
Still can’t believe we are doing all this fuzz for a blog post.

Zyd – Zydness – Anvil Rock

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Traverse.2315

Traverse.2315

So apparently “very soon” means longer than 5 days?

When Colin said he was announcing the WvW blog soon, it only took 1 day to post info about it.

This all makes me sad panda

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Qtin.6940

Qtin.6940

So ? Any news ? This game is dying already…

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Jogyn.1370

Jogyn.1370

such a bad idea to open official forums. No doubt they are regretting this decision.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Traverse.2315

Traverse.2315

So ? Any news ? This game is dying already…

I don’t think it is dying quite yet. I’d give it until Friday with no word from ArenaNet on sPvP, and people will start really getting fed up and simply leaving. Nothing is worse that getting told news is coming “very soon” and having to wait for it…

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Emoqt.1853

Emoqt.1853

It takes 5 days to make a blog appparently

www.youtube.com/emoqtguildwars2

www.getstomped.com (GandaraEU)

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Ventari.8257

Ventari.8257

Its so funny all of you are a bunch of whiners. 12k people have viewed this thread and maybe 200 have posted? Clearly the other 11k people read this post said aweswome im going to go back and enjoy the pretty sweet pvp/other aspects of the game. You are saying the game is dying like are you serious. Your trolling abilities are unmatched.

LoL now the largest e-sport game in the world and possibly of all time did not have ranked queues for at least a year I believe? They Just recently implemented a limited spectator mode.

Get real people Anet have done a dern fine job. The pvp is fun and i personally see lots of potential for competitive play. Anet had great spec mode in gw1 as well as ranked ladders. I have complete faith that these systems or “other” great improvements will happen to spvp and they will happen fast.

I predict things such as 10 man servers. Paid tourneys etc happening within weeks or even a week. Spectator and very precise 1 in world 5 in world 324 in world ranking within 3-6 months. Arenanet is good havefaith.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: SHIND TV.2481

SHIND TV.2481

this game is far from being finished imo, there are so many common and basic mmo-features that aren’t implemented yet (duel function, solid dungeon browser/search function, some kind of pvp ladder/elo system where ppl can progress and compete or something similar, whole expl. dungeon lottable is a joke for such an effort etc etc…), its kinda sad and demotivating at the same time, although i loved the leveling part and of course the whole spvp system (still loving it) but all is starting to get rly boring.
my motivation is fading day after day

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

this game is far from being finished

I love how he takes all the hard work, innovation, and polish that have gone into the game in all other respects for granted.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: NIEKler.8046

NIEKler.8046

this game is far from being finished

I love how he takes all the hard work, innovation, and polish that have gone into the game in all other respects for granted.

You don’t have to think that people take everything Anet did for granted. But take a look at PvP. No ladder, no paid tournaments, no custom servers and not even a basis ‘need’ as a template function. You can hardly call this “When it’s done”.
I understand that in the first place a good PvE-experience will be the most important. It just feels like PvP could have used a bit more polishing before release.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I agree NIEKler, pvp needs more polish, but we’re in the home stretch at least. The heavy lifting’s been done, now they need to close the deal.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Keosz.8462

Keosz.8462

I am PVP player, I always looked to smash people’s faces in games, AI destroying wasn’t that fun for me neither that chalanging. My PVP experience started with Diablo I and battle.net, I tried most of the MMORPG’s released since WoW vanila (Guild Wars 1, Rift, SWOTOR, TERA, AION, Warhammer, Conan). Always playing with arround 5 real life friends. None of mentioned products didn’t come even close enought to be remembered for us as fun as WoW’s 2v2 and 3v3 arenas s1-s3 (not meta combos, you could see anyone competive on arenas).

Now, I dont know if any of you saw Bloodline Champions game, it’s free to play, arena based mmo-rpg-arcade with very interesting fight system, in which you need to target you object with mouse, in oppositive way to standard target and unload system. After playing a lot – game is kidna hard – I came to conclusion this is my second-place-fun experience for PVP in my lifetime. I hoped for the new MMO with implemented this system. And it came in TERA, but besides this system game is terrible.

Guild Wars 2 – game has a lot of potential, but I see people’s worries about keeping interests in playing.

1 ) Reward system is first, I know that saying, cosmetic rewards are TRUE prizes for the skill and we shouldn’t look for stat boosting has many sooth in, and after many discussion I agreed – but I think not everybody will – but, the new skins should be really different and visually easy to recognition from others, to this work.
2) I dont really see any point of NOT bringing Arenas or (name it anything you want) competive SPVP 2v2 or 3v3. It should be done and it should be done fast. Anet, kitten the ballance, just bring them, then you will slowly polish builds. Smaller PVP are really needed, people will get bored very soon with this 5v5 and 8v8. Anyway this game works very nice when you face 1v1 or 2v2 fights.
3) Duels – you said if we want, you will add it. WE WANT, add them and do it fast aswell.
4) ranked tournys – as said many times on this forums, you claimed GW2 as e-sport, then tournys should be placed as fast as possible aswell.
5) competition – please bring possibility to inspect people (items/traits)

Tl;Dr :
More kinds of pvp challanges =- more to do = slower borrines,
Smaller PVP competitions = easier to manage within groups = less chaos = less zerg = more strategies = more single person skill dependence = more fun.

thank you,
Anet I hope you will listen us and bring what we want, we payed for this game and we should have some kind of voice what we want to be implemented in future, we all are creating this game from now.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Just so everyone realized…. Even if 1v1 2v2, arenas, pink unicorns are put in, the game won’t be balanced with those modes in mind.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Nosfe.4062

Nosfe.4062

a week after the announcement of the blog and still no news. its just pure text, we are not even waiting for a patch adding the features, a-net needs to speed up things if they still want to make this an e-sport.

twitch.tv/nosfeh

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Tea Eye Ay.6248

Tea Eye Ay.6248

Guild Wars 2 – game has a lot of potential, but I see people’s worries about keeping interests in playing.

1 ) Reward system is first, I know that saying, cosmetic rewards are TRUE prizes for the skill and we shouldn’t look for stat boosting has many sooth in, and after many discussion I agreed – but I think not everybody will – but, the new skins should be really different and visually easy to recognition from others, to this work.
2) I dont really see any point of NOT bringing Arenas or (name it anything you want) competive SPVP 2v2 or 3v3. It should be done and it should be done fast. Anet, kitten the ballance, just bring them, then you will slowly polish builds. Smaller PVP are really needed, people will get bored very soon with this 5v5 and 8v8. Anyway this game works very nice when you face 1v1 or 2v2 fights.
3) Duels – you said if we want, you will add it. WE WANT, add them and do it fast aswell.
4) ranked tournys – as said many times on this forums, you claimed GW2 as e-sport, then tournys should be placed as fast as possible aswell.
5) competition – please bring possibility to inspect people (items/traits)

I agree with the you. Primarily, I feel like an arena system would do wonderful in the GW2 system, and dueling allied players is to me a staple of the MMO, whether you’re a PvPer or not. And if you’re concerned about duel spam harass or whatnot, just add an option to disable duel requests.

I also really like what the you said about the PvP reward system. I feel like the reward system isn’t very intuitive. Sure you can go on the wiki to learn some things, but there needs to be some more readily available knowledge on it. Perhaps I’m not looking in the right place, but it seems very scattered to me. There’s nothing wrong with using the salvage and forge system to get rewards, but I had no idea what I was doing. I had to ask some other players to figure out how to go about it. Perhaps there should be an NPC who explains it to you and has a list of recipes for rewards (or perhaps there already is and I don’t know what I’m talking about).

I’d also really like to see some type of inspection system implemented. Countless times I find myself looking at another player and wanting to see their build and gear setup. It might just be that I’ve come from WoW, but that seems like a basic thing to me.

TLDR: this guy is right. Do what he says.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: DaddyDaz.5193

DaddyDaz.5193

plan to add… yeah, and i plan to be rich by this time next year!

there are so many bugs and issues in game, i really don’t want Anet to add anything till they fix what’s already broken. with that said, the list of things that are broken is pretty big.

all plans for esports sooner then later are flyin out the window imho. i’m tryin really hard to keep with it, but there’s just no way it’s going to be ready anytime soon. anything that’s being built is just being built on sand. fix the foundation, then worry about building some more structure please.

experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: cyrealkylla.7145

cyrealkylla.7145

You got guys clicking one button and doing 75% of a players health…things to come server’s shut down.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

Very soon, I’ll be posting blogs about the things we plan to do, so watch for those. You know our policy – we try not to make empty promises, and we try to tell you about things only when we feel they’re ready to be talked about.

Like blog posts?

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: BluBla.8630

BluBla.8630

It should be ready before release and still its not

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: shiNn.2571

shiNn.2571

but ncsoft need money

Mighty Shinn
Jealous Much [JM]

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

You can’t have rankings/ladders/competitive play at release. ArenaNet can’t foresee what balance issues, bugs, and exploits are going to arise until after the game is released. Nothing would be worse for a game with esport aspirations than players exploiting their way to high ranks. They are doing the right thing by sitting back and observing for a while. We just need to make the best of what we have while this game develops.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

You can’t have rankings/ladders/competitive play at release. ArenaNet can’t foresee what balance issues, bugs, and exploits are going to arise until after the game is released. Nothing would be worse for a game with esport aspirations than players exploiting their way to high ranks. They are doing the right thing by sitting back and observing for a while. We just need to make the best of what we have while this game develops.

they could still make that post ready if they already know what they are making?

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

they could still make that post ready if they already know what they are making?

Agreed. They do need to get that blog out as soon as possible so we can see what direction they want to take this game. This blog is a pretty big deal for the pvp community so I bet its being reviewed and revised multiple times.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I am a patient person. I know that the things the community is crying out for takes time. The only thing I want is something that lets me know which direction we are heading. If they say, “So, were going down this path and making this change and nerfing this class and buffing this one..” and so on, I’d be fine with that. I just want to know that they acknowledge the changes that I want. If they don’t agree with me, that’s fine, I just want to know. My opinion is only one and for all the people who agree with what I want there will be an equal portion that hate it. I just want to see where were going to know if it’s for me.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: fiesta.3964

fiesta.3964

Hai there…. Nothing in the patch for spvp/tpvp(except wolf finisher) what a surprise…. and still no blog post!

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: BLU.8961

BLU.8961

“Very soon” implies “at any moment” according to dictionary.com

Thats a lot of moments…

Want your Games Casted, Hit me up in game!

My Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/blu42

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

You know, if you guys told me that you’d spent months fixing dungeons, trading post, adding story voices, and getting rid of a million bugs that somehow went unnoticed (yeah right), i wouldnt have bought this game already and i wouldnt have felt ripped off like i do now.

Five weeks so far and not a single patch that was worth the wait for me. Next one is at 10/1, so that makes it six weeks. All we ask for is a blog post even, to give us a little hope that you understand your own game. Most of my friends already quit and so has my brother, the game already wont live up to my expectations anymore, yet i’m still playing but it gets less every day.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Kukki Monsuta.2086

Kukki Monsuta.2086

Dictionary is wrong.

“Very Soon” is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the “now” half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than “soon” there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.

Now -------------- Very Soon -------- Soon --------------- End of Time

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon (it’s article on wow site, but it applies for all companies)

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: keroksi.3076

keroksi.3076

Judging from the time its taking to be written, im starting to think that they will sell this masterpiece along with the expansion. Maybe as a bonus for preordering the exp?

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Derpastan.8269

Derpastan.8269

I don’t think you guys understand how awesome it is we have automated tournaments on release.

Sure you can’t host your own games/custom servers, but the game has barely been out so be a bit more patient and enjoy the fact we have automated tournies.

You are acting as if actually having a finished game on release is an amazing accomplishment, Not that this is anywhere near a finished game.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Discordian.7906

Discordian.7906

Also, while competitive gamers do love the tournament style of game play, it is exceptionally boring. With no rating system in place, any competitive team just runs out of reasons to play. I did nothing but tournaments for a long time now and its getting old. Every match you play ending at 500-200 isn’t really competitive or fun even if it is done in the tournament style of gameplay.

sPvP - things to come.

in PvP

Posted by: Lilbeezy.8134

Lilbeezy.8134

You are acting as if actually having a finished game on release is an amazing accomplishment, Not that this is anywhere near a finished game.

Well, It is! releasing a game at all good or poor is amazing and very hard to do. but if you have 100% completed video game(s) you made that are done (by your definition everyone playing your game love it and cant add anything too it) please tell me the name it sounds amazing and i would love to play it