say no to useless cooldown reductions

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

most of the stuff i’m reading in the patch notes is… “reduced cooldown by 5s, 10s, unsplit from PvP and on a global cooldown of Xs”.

guildwars is already way too spammy, why are you reducing cooldowns to make it even more spammy?

if a skill has a long cooldown, instead of reducing it, buff the skill so the cooldown is worth it… by reducing cooldowns all over the place all you promote is skillspam. it makes dodges less valuable and forces you into damage mitigation and invuls…

balance team, wake up!

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

The changes to eles are completely meaningless, you just can’t go toe to toe with current HoT powercreep on a d/d ele.

Between reapers, druids, chronomancers etc etc, you get filled up with condis within a second, playing d/d ele in this times and ages..it’s suicide

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

They hit the things they had to. Purification was slightly nerfed, Adrenal Health was nerfed, Signet of the Wild was fixed, and both engi and rev saw some buffs. Last season was remarkably well balanced. We just needed more checks against DH and Berserker, and with condi engi being buffed we may now have one.

Besides, most of today’s balance is related to PvE changes, not PvP.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

They hit the things they had to. Purification was slightly nerfed, Adrenal Health was nerfed, Signet of the Wild was fixed, and both engi and rev saw some buffs. Last season was remarkably well balanced. We just needed more checks against DH and Berserker, and with condi engi being buffed we may now have one.

gw2 is everything else than remarkably well balanced.

and i wouldn’t call these changes good, they’re lazy and uninspired:

Frost Aura: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.
Cleansing Wave: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds. The number of conditions cleansed has been increased from 1 to 2.
Earthquake: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds. Fixed a bug that caused the blast finisher to occur around the elementalist’s selected target rather than around their current position.
Frozen Ground: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.
Healing Rain: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.
Static Field: The recharge of this skill has been reduced from 40 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only.

in PvP

Posted by: yolo.6201

yolo.6201

disappointing like always .. gg anet

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

What did you feel was so egregiously overpowered last season?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

the whole game is in a state of overpoweredness and spam. core specs are basically useless, half of or even more of all skills / weapons are useless and should in no way be buffed with cooldown reductions. gw2 pvp used to be all about dodging high impact skills/combos or baiting dodges so you can land yours. this aspect of the game is close to nonexistent these days. balance looks different. just because it is playable doesn’t mean it’s well balanced.

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

the whole game is in a state of overpoweredness and spam.

So nothing, then.

Okay.

Good talk.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

This was one of the worst patches ever with zero real nerfs to anything and a bunch of nonsense buffs. I mean really. They must have a tiny staff working on this game. 10% nerf to warrior healing and 16% nerf to the heal trap for Guardians. WTF is wrong with these people?

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Amen brother, last thing this game needs is more spam.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Between reapers, druids, chronomancers etc etc, you get filled up with condis within a second, playing d/d ele in this times and ages..it’s suicide

Condi necro is dead idk what your going on about.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Crinn.7864

This was one of the worst patches ever with zero real nerfs to anything and a bunch of nonsense buffs. I mean really. They must have a tiny staff working on this game. 10% nerf to warrior healing and 16% nerf to the heal trap for Guardians. WTF is wrong with these people?

To be fair, the balance discrepancies where not that big and where only really a issue at low MMR. Stuff is a lot more balanced out at the higher levels. Larger changes would have just cut those classes out of the meta completely.

YouTube

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

A 16% reduction to a healing skill is one of the biggest single-patch nerfs to a healing skill I’ve ever seen. That’s literally a Rapid Regeneration-level nerf.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I think you have huge problems of l2p if you can’t do anything on reaper..like are you kidding?
The class has been used by every single esl team- 2/4 of wvw zergs ar made up of reapers…

You complain a lot about necros…but the problem it’s just you

in PvP

Posted by: shadowthejedi.3089

shadowthejedi.3089

the whole game is in a state of overpoweredness and spam.

So nothing, then.

Okay.

Good talk.

Yea had to plus 1 that. Quality kek right there my lad

Shadow, the legend Myth.
Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One of The Avengers
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/109982102

in PvP

Crinn.7864

I think you have huge problems of l2p if you can’t do anything on reaper..like are you kidding?
The class has been used by every single esl team- 2/4 of wvw zergs ar made up of reapers…

You complain a lot about necros…but the problem it’s just you

There haven’t ESL tourneys in half a year. We are in a different meta now. Power Necro was already more popular than Condi Necro before today’s patch and with the changes Condi Necro cannot keep up.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: BigKev.1927

BigKev.1927

the whole game is in a state of overpoweredness and spam. core specs are basically useless, half of or even more of all skills / weapons are useless and should in no way be buffed with cooldown reductions. gw2 pvp used to be all about dodging high impact skills/combos or baiting dodges so you can land yours. this aspect of the game is close to nonexistent these days. balance looks different. just because it is playable doesn’t mean it’s well balanced.

You nailed a very important concept here. The dodge mechanic of this game is so unique and is really what made it special for pvp. They keeping giving more and more block/evades to the point where dodges are becoming less and less relevant

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

You nailed a very important concept here. The dodge mechanic of this game is so unique and is really what made it special for pvp. They keeping giving more and more block/evades to the point where dodges are becoming less and less relevant

Yup, it used to be clever use of dodges was key. Now you simply have to chain all your dodges/blocks/evades as much as possible because all skills are spammable with short cds and hit so hard.

Too many dodges, blocks and evades which are just spammed to avoid the massive damage skills on low cd with hugely powerful passive traits behind them.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Yup, it used to be clever use of dodges was key. Now you simply have to chain all your dodges/blocks/evades as much as possible because all skills are spammable with short cds and hit so hard.

Too many dodges, blocks and evades which are just spammed to avoid the massive damage skills on low cd with hugely powerful passive traits behind them.

Well…. from a main Necromancer point of view, dodges are still EXTREMELY important to keep me alive in PvP…. in fact, it’s almost the best way of doing so… sad times XD

~ The light of a new day

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Well you have to admit the buffs to ele CDs were needed. Eles have insanely long CDs on skills that aren’t very powerful. I think Mist Form could have stayed at 75 seconds, but Armor of Earth was kitten with a 75 second CD. Now it’ll at least stand a chance at getting some use. Staff CDs were incredibly long too. Frozen Ground was a bit overbuffed (35 second CD would be fine IMO), and but HR is fine where it’s at. All they need to do to complete staff is make Shockwave good, lower the blast timer on Erupt, and drop down a few cast times. Part of why staff wasn’t used is because damage is so insane right now that you have to run focus for its lower CDs, faster casts, projectile protection and immunity. And this is also partly a problem with focus giving too much. It pretty much has a skill for every situation, and it’s just not healthy for the game to have one weapon do so much. It’s why SotM needed the damage nerf. It was one skill that did too much. Eles wouldn’t need to run their best weapon if the game’s design didn’t force them to. Lowering damage over would help give staff more of a presence because its damage would be comparable with others and you wouldn’t need to run the most defensive setup possible. And right now, eles can’t run scepter because scepter isn’t that great and dagger provides more defences and utilities. But since you are stuck running a melee range setup, you have to run Earth and Water with high healing to survive. These lowered CDs with staff are the right step to help make staff a more competitive and even defensive weapon. It helps give a ladder out of the pit that is the D/F support spec. But that ladder won’t reach down far enough until overall damage and spam that we see in today’s metas is reduced. And then Anet can reduce the quantity or strength of the more powerful blocks and evades and increase CDs on those skills.

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

This, so much. So much of this. People who fail to see current spvp as very balanced make me lol. Like, they should really show the s6 badges next to the forum posters. Most are probably bronze.

I am a teef
:)

in PvP

Posted by: gw niko.1049

gw niko.1049

You are totally right. Don´t get annoyed by this ignorant pve bots like phineas poe.
They have no plan soever.
“Gw2 pvp used to be all about dodging high impact skills/combos or baiting dodges so you can land yours” and I totally agree with that.
But this spvp degenerated to a passiv pve grindfest long ago. So don´t bother.
Nothing will change. They basicely replaced the whole spvp community with a pve community playing spvp afterworks and for fancy skins and chest. Sad I know.

(edited by gw niko.1049)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I agree with OP,

I recently just watched Helseth first youtube video on him playing mesmer and running far on a core build.

Truly something nice to see the way he sets up everything, his ability to portal far away enough that they cant chase but just in time so he didnt die.

Even tarcis used to run old rifle builds in core GW2 and he would say stuff like “double dodge” then land a kill shot. Or he be fighting ad mid and say “ranger doesnt dodge” then land a kill shot.

The game is nothing like what alot of the PvP community liked about it.

It is a PvE game but you can see from WvW and PvP that the game has lust all its ability to hold a crowd in these areas because of the straight donkey punch to both scenes.

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Elite specs really sped things up, a lot of older utilities just can’t keep up. New utilities and mechanics are much faster to pop up while a lot of the older utilities are geared more towards the older style of playing. You can’t mix the two together, shorter cds are going to win almost every time.

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

I mean if you guys don’t like HoT PvP that’s absolutely understandable. I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying. But the crux of my post was that the balance between professions in season five was remarkably solid, and very little changes were expected by most players who saw all classes played at a high level. Braindead or not, balance in season five was among the best I’ve seen since this game launched.

The symbol damage buff concerns me, but beyond that I expect season six to be very similar.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

say yes to cd reductions and no to worse changes.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Just to counter some of the ‘most balanced state the game has ever been in’ comments.

If things are so balanced why is the population in PvP so poor? Clear example of this would be season 5 putting people over 2 leagues of MMR difference (out of 5 leagues!) together to make single games, also, WvW in general.

I understand the point people are making regarding ‘best spot’, and maybe it is, but shouldn’t a game thrive to increase population first and foremost? Minor balance tweaks taking 3 months (in Necros case far longer) just makes people, myself included, open the balance patch and continue not logging in/playing something else.

Change is good, like, hard change, draws people back in.

See y’all in 3 month o/

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Just to counter some of the ‘most balanced state the game has ever been in’ comments.

If things are so balanced why is the population in PvP so poor?

Oh, you have statistics on this? Care to share it with us? I’d love to see the numbers!!!!!

See y’all in 3 month o/

Kbyefelicia.

I am a teef
:)

in PvP

Posted by: gw niko.1049

gw niko.1049

But there are and were a lots of this threads already.
And It seems that there are getting threads opened, also some serious ones with good points. Just for everyone giving his oppinion, but beeing unrecognized by anet anyways.
The thread kind of dies just some days after anyways. New ones with the same core messange are opened, just to be unrecognized by anet again anyways.

I rly would have liked the game to get in line again. But I´m watching this process of the decay of spvp for years now and this is out of the window if you ask me.

Anet never rly cared about spvp and they won´t come up with something now.

Anet basicely replaced the original spvp community with pvelers playing afterworks some pvp to chill. Lureing them with fancy skins and chest and of course they like this
passiv kind of donkey play anyways more. So why would they even want to change something back to cometetive spvp.

It´s sad but true.