season 5 NA scene...

season 5 NA scene...

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Do any players in NA see season 5 a success or epic fail? before the season ends they banned couple of players but im surprise that some of them still at the top 20, those players are w/ the players who got banned for reasons. i think Anet didnt clean the leader board enough. kinda easy to tell because they in same guild or play w/ each other… if someone is guilty of Match manipulation do we really think the other person has no idea?

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

season 5 NA scene...

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I saw that it was a pretty decent success in EU. Which caused me to look at s5 in NA in a different light.

The NA scene was plagued with people who seemed more than happy to discredit the system (And in doing so take a kitten on the competitive spirit of every OTHER player in NA). And I feel it took too long for arena net to really respond to it. By the time others started to take the season seriously after the rise of smurff accounts and decay manipulation the season was almost over. But in the weeks BEFORE those situations arised I saw more interest in actually playing competitively than I noticed previously in other seasons.

So as far as a TEST season goes. Im pretty happy with S5. And it APPEARS that Anet has identified the main problems and can work on fixing them.

I will say the meta this time seemed a bit dull. Though it was definitely more balanced than we usually get. There was A LOT of defenses being thrown around. And for any class who didnt have many tools to bypass said defenses. Many fights on side nodes became waiting games. On the other hand I never really felt that any fight was IMPOSSIBLE to win as you sometimes had in previous metas between near equal skilled players.

I personally am looking forward to season 6. I want to see what it has in store.

Ghost Yak

season 5 NA scene...

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Season 5 was a huge success NA in my mind. Our community is full of idiots however who ruined the leaderboards.

season 5 NA scene...

in PvP

Posted by: dmndbcK.3425

dmndbcK.3425

Season 6 will be a huge success if either of the following happens.

1) Ranked queue is changed into SOLO queue only and the system DOES NOT pair golds with people in Plat 2+

2) Ranked queue is changed into two seperate queue’s for Team(5 man) and Solo queue.

3) Leaderboards are locked by IP Address to only allow for one account per IP (to eliminate smurfing/alting to take multiple places on the leaderboard)

4) Bring a balance patch that brings diversity to other classes to follow the example that DH brought this season which will allow for a wider variety of classes and builds to choose from on each end of our balance spectrum.

5) Find ways to discourage AFKing and throwing to the point of maybe implementing a system that reads your stats if your team loses and if you didnt do anything or not enough to have a top stat and didnt meet a minimum requirement on each state, that it gives you more lost pips.

6) Make it to where if you are the TOP player on your team in terms of MMR, and you get more then 4+ top stats that you dont lose over 50+ MMR in a game if your team is just garbage.

That is my only thoughts to improve the system which could be seen as a ray of light.

season 5 NA scene...

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

im pretty happy with season 5 overall also…

-good rewards
-prestige
-difficulty
-was ok balance

my only grievance is w/ Match making, the broad scope of how it looks for team mates is ridiculous just to lower the Q times. at 300 rating diff is really big plat players should not be team or go against someone in silver. or legendary against gold. lets be honest season 5 is very harsh on solo player.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

season 5 NA scene...

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I dont know how you could say the NA scene was a success. I had matches in gold 3/plat 1 where i was the best player on my team vs 4 of the top 100 players on the other team.

Other people had pics and made threads of being in low gold/ silver playing against multiple top 250 players.

So boom match making is already messed up. The NA scene was plagued with pro league players duo queing/dodging/ alt accounts. The Leader Board is not a legit top 250 players since there are multiple alts etc etc etc.

I know Lord Hammder already made a note of it but here are some of the most important things to me for a competitive scene.

1- Fair match making
2- Fair Leader board
3- Fair rating system
4- Fair class balance
5- Fair rewards

If you are a 145lb fighter you dont want to fight the 205 champ which happened in NA, after losing you were heavily punished whiched happened and you dont want to hear that the 205 fighter is jacked on juice which also happened. Then you find out that the commission punished the fighters manager and cut man because not everyone who cheated was removed from the leader board.

For me only rewards of S5 were a great new item from the first 4 seasons.

season 5 NA scene...

in PvP

Posted by: GladConcept.4650

GladConcept.4650

I dont know how you could say the NA scene was a success. I had matches in gold 3/plat 1 where i was the best player on my team vs 4 of the top 100 players on the other team.

Other people had pics and made threads of being in low gold/ silver playing against multiple top 250 players.

So boom match making is already messed up. The NA scene was plagued with pro league players duo queing/dodging/ alt accounts. The Leader Board is not a legit top 250 players since there are multiple alts etc etc etc.

I know Lord Hammder already made a note of it but here are some of the most important things to me for a competitive scene.

1- Fair match making
2- Fair Leader board
3- Fair rating system
4- Fair class balance
5- Fair rewards

If you are a 145lb fighter you dont want to fight the 205 champ which happened in NA, after losing you were heavily punished whiched happened and you dont want to hear that the 205 fighter is jacked on juice which also happened. Then you find out that the commission punished the fighters manager and cut man because not everyone who cheated was removed from the leader board.

For me only rewards of S5 were a great new item from the first 4 seasons.

I agree with all of this. The system put in place by ArenaNet, in conjunction with a toxic NA community, ruined the entirety of Season 5.

There will be no successful PvP season until matchmaking is fixed. I don’t mind losing 400-500 in a close and intense match. I do mind losing 50-500 in blowouts against a team filled with players I should not have been matched up against, including those who were gaming the system, then lose 50 rank points to with zero decay.

Someone in my other thread accused me of exaggerating when I said I lost 50 points in a loss to a top 25 ranked duo when I had zero decay, but the fact is I did and I believe there was a previous forum post about this as well.

Spotted Cow