sincere questions about the stronghold post

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

if you (the devs) want players to have “more reasons to try different builds” and were “very cognizant of keeping the focus heavily on player-vs.-player combat”, why are you not doing anything about the current limited amount of viable pvp builds per profession?

are there finally some meaningful balance and build updates coming that we don’t know about?

working on the poorly designed stealth and counter stealth mechanics?

what are you doing about condition bombing and immobilize stacking?

any changes to some over the top burst abilities?

are you making more weapons sets and attacks, skills, elites, traits… viable in pvp settings?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Allowing more stat customization in PvP? It limits build options and is a major reason why people, especially WvW’ers don’t like PvP.

Reducing the power of sigils and runes to put more emphasis on profession skills and traits?

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Allowing more stat customization in PvP? It limits build options and is a major reason why people, especially WvW’ers don’t like PvP.

That’s because flexibility on stats makes a lot of really broken stuff viable. WvW also uses bonus broken things like condi duration food.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Assuming that HoT adds the specializations for each profession into spvp, its entirely possible there will be a large number of new builds for classes opening up.

Perhaps a little optimistic, but at the very least the first few weeks should be fun.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

That’s because flexibility on stats makes a lot of really broken stuff viable. WvW also uses bonus broken things like condi duration food.

Not talking doing Dire or Nomad. WvW also has a lot more stats due to WvW buffs and ascended. Just want to be able to get something between Berserker and everything else.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

I wouldn’t be surprised it things don’t change too much now until the expansion.

Here’s why. All the balancing they would do for now would likely not be valuable come the expansion.

Let’s say they come out with a balance patch in the next 2-3 months to shake some things up. Who’s to say those changes are even good come the expansion? With specializations and a new game mode coming through, certain balance changes now might not even be the correct call come time of the expansion.

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yeah like said already, the specializations will probably blow the whole meta apart, so a big balance pass before HoT is unlikely to happen.

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

OP, don’t forget that the exp pack may as well bring up completly new metas…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Personally I’d like to see a lot more build diversity in pvp along with the use of ascended stats and foods. Even being able to choose a mix of stats for my armor and runes would be better than the ’that’s it, go play’ restrictions that currently exist.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)