so i just found this and was like what the..

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

after watching some gw2 tournament vids i stumbled upon a gw1 factions championship video from 2006. i watched it and i really wondered if i am playing the sequel to that game…

especially the match starting at 20:15 blew my mind.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: ExpelHax.8012

ExpelHax.8012

best documentary of all times!

Y Iisey Y, desolation EU
Fifty Five Hp Monks [ELE]

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

It make me sad to watch this =\ I wish we could have had something like that…

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

i think thats a video of 2016

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So, I never played Gw1, but what game mode is this? I can’t really tell from the video and if they are fighting NPCs or other players.

in PvP

Lux.7169

So, I never played Gw1, but what game mode is this? I can’t really tell from the video and if they are fighting NPCs or other players.

GvG

Think of legacy of foefire with more NPCs and if you killed the guild lord then you win and that’s the only way to win.

[SoF]

in PvP

style.6173

Sounds fun. I like the idea of killing the guild lord to determine a victory. I don’t really like the idea of other NPCs than the guild lord though.

in PvP

Lux.7169

Sounds fun. I like the idea of killing the guild lord to determine a victory. I don’t really like the idea of other NPCs than the guild lord though.

The NPC aspect was fun because it didn’t allow teams to go straight for the lord. If you wanted to push the lord you had to clear npc’s, so if you made an agressive push to the lord the other team had NPC support to push you back. If you could clear the base though you’d have the advantage in VoD.

If there weren’t any NPC’s it would just be a pure rush to lord which honestly wouldn’t be fun. With NPC’s a team could defensively turtle at lord and defend it. This also allowed for ganks and really unique splits.

Although, it’s more of something you would have to have experienced to appreciate. At least that’s my impression from having played it.

[SoF]

in PvP

style.6173

True.

At this point, I am pretty much open to anything that isn’t conquest!

in PvP

Lux.7169

True.

At this point, I am pretty much open to anything that isn’t conquest!

honestly with the way gw2 is set up with no monks it would make GvG REALLY interestign with the variety of splits and ganks that would arise. I would LOVE to see that format in gw2.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

that format should’ve been in the game on start tbh…

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

War Machine [WM] continued for a bit in WvW, but I think they quit. War Machine was actually pretty good at WvW, and I think they were one of the first guilds to actually try and establish some type of strategy beyond just plain zerging. You should see the veil lineups they accomplished, or how they might empowered, and blasted ONLY water fields while doing it, during a massive battle (instead of pulling back and empowering) – very mobile and organized. Idiot Savants [iQ] used to do some tPvP, but again they quit. Team Quitter [QQ] took one step into GW2 and said, “nope.”

(edited by Chicago Jack.5647)

in PvP

Posted by: Vence.6974

Vence.6974

GVG hype!!!!!!!!! Plz make this in gw2 asap.

The Yellowflash of GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Why is it even called GUILD wars 2?

#ELEtism

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Personally, I played a lot of Team Arenas – which is probably why I still play spvp. I loved the 4v4, first team to go down, aspect of Team Arenas. Usually you would have 1 or 2 damage dealers (usually warriors) a support character (like a cripshot ranger – which was my favorite build of all time) and a healer (which had to be a monk). Sometimes you would run with another support character in place of the second damage dealer (I personally loved the spirit weapon ritualist healer).

It’s kind-of funny that the same ridiculous topics pop up even now. Everyone complained about how Warriors in gw1 was so dominant as THE go-to damage dealer. Naturally, since Izzy was the head-honcho on the balance team, he played warrior so everyone accused him of making the Warriors so prevalent. It’s funny to see the same stupid topics being brought up today. Especially since Warrior in gw1 was so incredibly balanced, and had the capability to do much more than just line up spikes.

During the end of the years, with more classes joining the fold, the game became more and more cheezy. Usually in GW1, anything that was a one-trick-pony was deemed a cheese strat. There was lighting orb spikes, which about 4 eles would try and spike people down with lighting orbs. Orbs did about 150 damage, and the average amount of health any player would have is around 400 to 500 health so yeah. There was also ranger longbow spikes where the rangers would place down nature spirits and spike people down – one trick pony. Or IWAY in which a virtually all warrior 8-man team would equip ranger pets to generate the most clutter possible on screen. The entire Assassin class was a one-trick-pony. Same can be said for most ritualist, and paragon builds. At its best state, the ritualist was the flag kitten runner.

Personally, it’s sad to see the same thing happening to my favorite class in this game – the thief. So many of the builds being played today are one-trick-ponies. Only one spec, in my opinion, isn’t this way and it’s d/p trickery.

Sigh.

Se la vie with games.