so i took a break from pvp and tried pve

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

got bored/frusterated with spvp’s many issues and I have nothing better to play.. so why not do pve as much as I hate it, maybe i’ll be able to play wvw eventually

- inc game crash every 2-3 waypoint i use
- inc 2-3 second lag spike every 2-3 minutes (thought it was only the spvp maps after recent patch)
- inc bottlenecked fps when I run much better games on higher settings
- inc lagfest world events
- inc lame end game

so what other games are there out right now? I signed up for elder online beta, poe is meh, quit wow after bc, tera sux, console gaming is a joke right now (inc cod 26)

not that gaming is my only hobby, but man, it replaces tv and I need something to fill this void

in PvP

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Sounds more like the fault of your system, than GW2. Though I’ll agree on laggy world events like dragons, those are awful.
Maybe try some single player games for a change?

in PvP

Posted by: Archer Henchman.2534

Archer Henchman.2534

Check some of the hardware optimization posts people have made. Some of the lower settings aren’t actually the most optimal for performance, oddly enough.

in PvP

dejay.2598

i sit at 65-70 fps everywhere i go until i turn the camera and it spikes down to 15 on medium settings

or it just shifts between 70 to 10 randomly

honestly doesn’t bother me nearly as much as crashing every 10 minutes, and having network lag spike every 2-3 minutes

and it’s not my isp, every other game runs fine.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Its not his fault, its called culling, its when too many things are there.

Don’t worry though, they will fix it for WvW but…. NOT FOR PVE.

in PvP

Posted by: mongolianmisfit.8350

mongolianmisfit.8350

Sounds more like the fault of your system, than GW2. Though I’ll agree on laggy world events like dragons, those are awful.

Or maybe….some single player….RPGs. :O

I am waiting for Defiance (mmo with third person shooter mechanics and a tv show!) atm. :X

I stopped pveing 2-3 months ago. This game is alt heaven for most folks, but after leveling two 80’s, I was all like…bleh. Same grind for gear. More grind for end game gear. Not interested. Laurel and dailies just aren’t my thing.

(edited by mongolianmisfit.8350)

in PvP

dejay.2598

Or maybe….some single player….RPGs. :O

I am waiting for Defiance atm. :X

I stopped pveing 2-3 months ago. This game is alt heaven for most folks, but after leveling two 80’s, I was all like…bleh. Same grind for gear. More grind for end game gear. Not interested. Laurel and dailies just aren’t my thing.

single player rpgs are boring man. nothing wrong with my rig. have a 550 ti card maxed out ram on a 32 bit and a decent processor. gw2 graphics are very low end.. if a ~800$ machine under 2 years old is having issues with this game something isn’t right

i hear people with 2500$ monster pcs bottlenecked at 30fps

fps isn’t even my problem honestly. the network issues every other patch that take weeks to resolve + lack of content + no pvp scene i’m over it mang

hoping for a good summer this year for titles. someone has to take over wow’s throne

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

wut, culling won’t affect pve?

gg

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Sounds like you hate every single game out there.
I dont think we can find a game that pleases you. You should become a game developer.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: neithan.9750

neithan.9750

Have you updated your video driver?

Sadly, it sounds like your issues are isolated to your computer. Something is not jiving between your comp and gw2. I wish I had more advice, sorry to hear you’re having those problems.

Neithan Turambar
Level 80 Guardian, Thief
Minions of Grenth, Jade Quarry

in PvP

Posted by: Air Rage.4870

Air Rage.4870

In terms of a different MMO you might want to have a look at the Neverwinter that’s coming out soon (F2P) It’s developed by the guys who made City of Heroes which I thought was awesome.

In terms of single player RPGs:

Kotor 1 & 2 (Screw the MMO)
Beneath a Steel Sky
Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
Fallout 1 & 2 (Screw the recent ones)

Since I’ve ditched GW2 I’ve been having a lot of fun with modding L4D2.

in PvP

dejay.2598

Have you updated your video driver?

Sadly, it sounds like your issues are isolated to your computer. Something is not jiving between your comp and gw2. I wish I had more advice, sorry to hear you’re having those problems.

ofc my drivers are up to date. yeah im so sure it’s my rig when i can alt tab from the game during a spike and load up a webpage in .5 seconds, come back in still be lagging for another 5- 10 seconds

in PvP

dejay.2598

Sounds like you hate every single game out there.
I dont think we can find a game that pleases you. You should become a game developer.

not my fault everyone falls short after cod took over platform and wow took over pc, the recent trend is appeal to the masses and not have any core or niche audience

same thing goes for anything in life really. all about them dollar bills. screw integrity

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

COD and WoW? Really?
Nothing to do here
flies away

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP