so... is it true ? spirit rangers...

in PvP

Posted by: Lapserdak.9056

Lapserdak.9056

But its a elite, also it can be stunned/pushed to interupt rez, warrior rez banner cant be stoped and is instant.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

But its a elite, also it can be stunned/pushed to interupt rez, warrior rez banner cant be stoped and is instant.

Wrong. Battle Standard has a 2 second cast time and can be interrupted just like anything else. It’s also REALLY obvious when they start casting because of the animation.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

There is plenty of passive things in this game, But for some reason whenever a Ranger is doing it people are annoyed.

Because passively applying a 33% damage reduction and passivity applying the most damaging condition (next to high confusion stacks) is a bit much, when you are already dodging and stacking bleeding and poison and reneging health.

Classes with Multiple Passives for Burning and Protection
Elementalist
Engineer
Guardian (Passive Burns)
Mesmer (Protection
Necromancer (Burns)
Ranger

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Wrong. Battle Standard has a 2 second cast time and can be interrupted just like anything else. It’s also REALLY obvious when they start casting because of the animation.

those 2 elites arent even comparable
Spirt:

• Heals 480 per second
  • Point wide ress on a 30s cd
  • Full party wide condi clear
  • Procs ress/condi clear when it dies…
  • Self ress
  • Another pet, large health pool and high amounts of regen

Banner

• Affected by posion (if down player is low, he wont ress)
  • Can’t Self ress
  • Doesnt heal
  • Doesn’t remove condi

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Banner can’t be killed either

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

google.3709

comparing single target passive to party wide passive with powerful active effects isnt really fair.

and true, but why would you wanna kill it anyways. that 1 stacks of might is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

hahahah OP ranger elite defenders..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

its not as simple as countering them.. the problem is way bigger

spirit rangers and necros are pushing condi meta over the top…

• people hate condi meta
  • people hate fighting pets.. its not enjoyable to play against/watch

the meta is sooo terrible ever since these classes became fotm. most teams started “taking a break”, the PvP community has greatly died out and like myself i thought that this would change with the next big patch and that just had to endure the struggle until PAX was over…

But if they are really not gonna fix it… i doubt most people/teams would wanna come back and with school/college starting soon, gw2 pvp might just die out for a couple of months… until Anet starts making rational decisions

I’m not disagreeing at all.

When I made my “counter” post, I just meant that in a meta where Rangers and Necros are running rampant, the least teams can do is take something to counter it, which warriors seem to do pretty darn well, albeit, not necessarily in a teamfight setting.

I’m not going to say I have a multitude of experience here, but from observations alone, it looks like classes that take the responsibility of maintaining home point lack stability, and are overall fighting an uphill battle against a mace/shield greatsword warrior (or similar stun variants). So in the current meta, it seems like sending a warrior far point could be extremely advantageous, given that they should be able to 1v1 the “meta” defender builds and win most of the time, especially with cooldowns.

I mean, it sure beats ragequitting the game, but I guess not everybody shares that optimism, which I can totally sympathize with.

But teams won’t send a warrior home point because their are better options. This apparently “God Mode” insane op wqrrqir build can be easily stopped.
1. Dodge.
2. Predict for christs sake you know what he is going to try to do it is your own kitten fault if you get caught with the stun.

Although i will say that healing signet combined with cleansing ire is pretty ridiculous. Use poison to counter the sig but it will just get cleansed right off.

You guys are missing the point its the fact that the meta is terrible and easy to play in anyone can play a kitten warrior, spirit ranger, and necro. The skill floor has become so low its insane. In this meta everyone looks good and team fights are all about ai and sustain which could be the most boring thing to watch and play against. I wish they would revert back to the double arcana ele meta it was so much better. I frankly don’t even care if warrior was not viable it was way more fun back then. Also there would not be so many cheesy warriors out there. It would be nice going back to axe shield greatsword and longbow greatsword pure zerk.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

(edited by apt.9184)

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Come on man, you should know as a Warrior that we are probably one of the more difficult classes to play. IDK why you would want to go back to old zerker builds because they probably required the least amount of thought and creativity. The builds we run now have a way more complexity and thought put behind them. I don’t see how CC builds that require you reacting to the situation is “cheesy” compared to the old Zerker builds were you always used the same combination no matter what.

How is Mace/Shield + GS any cheesier than Mesmer shatter builds, many Ele builds, and the thief class as a whole? I think using the Mace as a way to make up for the GS’s weaknesses is pretty cool.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in PvP

apt.9184

Come on man, you should know as a Warrior that we are probably one of the more difficult classes to play. IDK why you would want to go back to old zerker builds because they probably required the least amount of thought and creativity. The builds we run now have a way more complexity and thought put behind them. I don’t see how CC builds that require you reacting to the situation is “cheesy” compared to the old Zerker builds were you always used the same combination no matter what.

How is Mace/Shield + GS any cheesier than Mesmer shatter builds, many Ele builds, and the thief class as a whole? I think using the Mace as a way to make up for the GS’s weaknesses is pretty cool.

I don’t think mace shield/gs is cheesy, I used to play that along with few other warriors even before the quickness nerf (which I think warriors should of had a frenzy stay 100%)… but the buff to it making it 4 secs almost with para sigl, zerker stance plus healing signet and cleansing ire is completely cheesy, due to the fact thakittens pretty much an immunity where there is no counter play you can just walk about to a person and skull crack then hb it is a pretty 1D spec if you ask me like zerk hb build was. But, what made the previous zerk hb fair was the fact that there was counter play since you did absurd damage, but had zero sustain. Now even if you check out helseths rant about counterplay he brings up points about warrior was the most balanced class and now having no counter play and it being easier to play due to how forgiving it became. The class has become so forgiving to failure its ridiculous. For example if you miss a skull crack its alright you will just wait the cd while you use your defensive abilities. There is no way a class should have so many defensive abilities I mean you have mace 2 block which is block on a 10 sec recharge, then shield 5, zerker stance immunity to condis for 8 secs (great escape tool), stability, and some warriors choose endure pain too. I mean even ostrich eggs never played warrior before put on a longbow hammer spec with zerk stance healing sig endure pain and pretty much was winning 1v2s and being effective in team fights. The reason there are so many warriors out there right now is because of the fact thakittens easy to play well with. I try to play diff classes now cause I am kind of kitten ed off that all those months perfecting warrior and playing other classes so I could learn there abilities went to waste because of a update that made it one of the easier classes to play. I mean if you warriors don’t want to believe me its fine, but the class has become face roll and along with spirit ranger, s/d thief, and necro needs to be nerfed.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

(edited by apt.9184)

in PvP

apt.9184

Thief only thing I have a problem with is s/d because of the fact that it is one of easier specs to play and you have so much utility its absurd, shatter mesmer is not good in current meta right now but in general I think mesmers damage can be toned down a bit. Ele only problem I have was the fact that most of there skills are instant cast kind of like skull crack, it makes it harder to counter play, but there are still counters to them. Also, ele is not viable in current meta.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

(edited by apt.9184)

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

Before we continue this thread, lets correct some common misconceptions:

Nobody is going to roll a spirit ranger and mop the floor with anyone more experienced than them unless they get really lucky. A skilled spirit ranger will do really well against anyone less skilled – as will a skilled player with any class.

Spirit rangers are completely worthless once their spirits are killed. Compared to every other class, they have no defense, no damage, no stun break, and little condition removal. The key is killing the spirits and not just rushing in on top of the ranger and spamming everything at once. I know people like to play that way, but it simply won’t work against anyone with any skill.

Who really cares if a class is easy to play anyway. That just makes it easier to attract more new players and gives less skilled players a little better chance to survive past 5 seconds. I’m starting to get the impression that most people in this game don’t have fun unless they can spec glass cannon, spam all their abilities and drop people in 5 seconds. Now that would really would be a messed up meta!

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Spirt:

• Heals 480 per second
  • Self ress

Banner

• Can’t Self ress
  • Doesnt heal
  • Doesn’t remove condi

Doesn’t the banner heal with traits?
Doesn’t the poison reduce nature spirit’s heal?
Doesn’t the pet have a much longer cooldown?
Can’t the pet be killed?

in PvP

google.3709

Nobody is going to roll a spirit ranger and mop the floor with anyone more experienced than them unless they get really lucky. A skilled spirit ranger will do really well against anyone less skilled – as will a skilled player with any class.

Spirit rangers are completely worthless once their spirits are killed. Compared to every other class, they have no defense, no damage, no stun break, and little condition removal. The key is killing the spirits and not just rushing in on top of the ranger and spamming everything at once. I know people like to play that way, but it simply won’t work against anyone with any skill.

Who really cares if a class is easy to play anyway. That just makes it easier to attract more new players and gives less skilled players a little better chance to survive past 5 seconds. I’m starting to get the impression that most people in this game don’t have fun unless they can spec glass cannon, spam all their abilities and drop people in 5 seconds. Now that would really would be a messed up meta!

• but it is possible for a meh spirit rangers to be decent+ players on different professions after playing the build for 20 mins
  • Yes you can kill them, but on team figts on node, your entire team will be hurting after spirits proc twice and they happen to get off guard, and then the ranger can just kite around on their 3k armor and perma protection and wait a few seconds until spirit are back up since they start recharge the moment they are casted…
  • if you’re 1v1ing, unless you have strong AoE and decent heals, you will have taken a little too much damage, and used up alot of cool downs, before you’re ready to attempt to take the bunker down….

AND THIS IS WHATS HAPPENING DUE TO THE META…js

1. lots of good/top players/teams are taking “breaks” due to the brainless condi/pet spam/meta
  2. The remaining players are stomping and face crushing any new comers on tPvP since no one really teamQ’s anymore, so its soooooooooo commmmoooon for a decent team to get match up with people who just started pvp’ing, and then those people get stepped on and dont come back to PvP

there is no problem with easy face roll builds, the problem is that thisbuild is poison and is quickly killing the game by promoting brainless play and forcing players to just spam AoE in order to deal with all the pets being thrown around… its not enjoy able to play, to play against or even watch since the game just became spam wars 2, spam pets, spam AoE and gg

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

I am just going to go ahead and call you completely wrong here.
1. Yes anyone can make a spirit ranger and beat people well above their skill level.
2. Spirit rangers without their spirits are still annoying and can still do damage. Its not like spirits give them a passsive 50% damage increase. They will still dodge and kite
3. Thats exactly how spirit rangers play. They roll the class and spam all of their buttons.
4. Stop pretending they are balanced.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Derps.7421

Spirt:

• Heals 480 per second
  • Self ress

Banner

• Can’t Self ress
  • Doesnt heal
  • Doesn’t remove condi

Doesn’t the banner heal with traits?
Doesn’t the poison reduce nature spirit’s heal?
Doesn’t the pet have a much longer cooldown?
Can’t the pet be killed?

The banner doesnt heal that much with the trait. Thats why theirs a trade off with it being unkillable also the banner can only rez people when its summoned.

in PvP

google.3709

@Atherakhia.4086

yes, banners can grant the regen boon if the spec 30 points into an akward build, and since its a boon, it wont stack with your party regens and at low healing power you will be getting 215+ at best

and nope, the full condi clear happens before ress so spirit ress is unaffected by poison

nope pets have a 60s cd which starts from the moment u summon them, while banners have a 120s cd

you get heavily punish by killing spirit since their active effects will proc on death. and normally it’ll take just a few secs before they can be summon again

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

Just give it time, you’ll be able to faceroll rangers again very soon. Trust me on this one..

Phew! Thank you sir, you have put my mind at ease.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

• but it is possible for a meh spirit rangers to be decent+ players on different professions after playing the build for 20 mins
  • Yes you can kill them, but on team figts on node, your entire team will be hurting after spirits proc twice and they happen to get off guard, and then the ranger can just kite around on their 3k armor and perma protection and wait a few seconds until spirit are back up since they start recharge the moment they are casted…
  • if you’re 1v1ing, unless you have strong AoE and decent heals, you will have taken a little too much damage, and used up alot of cool downs, before you’re ready to attempt to take the bunker down….

1. lots of good/top players/teams are taking “breaks” due to the brainless condi/pet spam/meta
  2. The remaining players are stomping and face crushing any new comers on tPvP since no one really teamQ’s anymore, so its soooooooooo commmmoooon for a decent team to get match up with people who just started pvp’ing, and then those people get stepped on and dont come back to PvP

there is no problem with easy face roll builds, the problem is that thisbuild is poison and is quickly killing the game by promoting brainless play and forcing players to just spam AoE in order to deal with all the pets being thrown around… its not enjoy able to play, to play against or even watch since the game just became spam wars 2, spam pets, spam AoE and gg

My team seem’s to do fine, we just kill the protection spirit and get one of our team mate’s to almost one shot him while other 2 finish him off.

I’d be happy to put you in touch with this guy lol…..

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Derps.7421

My team seem’s to do fine, we just kill the protection spirit and get one of our team mate’s to almost one shot him while other 2 finish him off.

You say your team does fine but its taking 3 of you to kill one spirit ranger?

in PvP

Sol.4310

You say your team does fine but its taking 3 of you to kill one spirit ranger?

Maybe I should of added “Team Fight”. Figured I didn’t need to dumb things down that much.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

google.3709

he sounds like a kitten , would love to meet him! he’s prob the biggest noob tho

in PvP

Sol.4310

he sounds like a kitten , would love to meet him! he’s prob the biggest noob tho

You and him would get along well, he also from Google lol.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Anet is basically saying have a taste of the future! Spirit Ranger is here to stay, since it represents a skilled build needed for the game.

For me personally, if spirit ranger is indeed a glimpse of what is to come for gw2 pvp, then I’ll pass. I’d much rather find a decent pvp game rather than make posts saying how shallow gw2 pvp is.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

Spirit ranger is easy and we all know it, move on.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Check this out for some ranger game play.

Now picture GW2 with this type of game play….

Now that is awesome!

Too bad in GW2, a ranger either spams shortbow 1 in your face and/or evade skills the crap out of you until all Evade texts are blurry and let their pets and spirits do all the nasty stuff on opponent.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

its not as simple as countering them.. the problem is way bigger

spirit rangers and necros are pushing condi meta over the top…

• people hate condi meta
  • people hate fighting pets.. its not enjoyable to play against/watch

the meta is sooo terrible ever since these classes became fotm. most teams started “taking a break”, the PvP community has greatly died out and like myself i thought that this would change with the next big patch and that just had to endure the struggle until PAX was over…

But if they are really not gonna fix it… i doubt most people/teams would wanna come back and with school/college starting soon, gw2 pvp might just die out for a couple of months… until Anet starts making rational decisions

I’m not disagreeing at all.

When I made my “counter” post, I just meant that in a meta where Rangers and Necros are running rampant, the least teams can do is take something to counter it, which warriors seem to do pretty darn well, albeit, not necessarily in a teamfight setting.

I’m not going to say I have a multitude of experience here, but from observations alone, it looks like classes that take the responsibility of maintaining home point lack stability, and are overall fighting an uphill battle against a mace/shield greatsword warrior (or similar stun variants). So in the current meta, it seems like sending a warrior far point could be extremely advantageous, given that they should be able to 1v1 the “meta” defender builds and win most of the time, especially with cooldowns.

I mean, it sure beats ragequitting the game, but I guess not everybody shares that optimism, which I can totally sympathize with.

But teams won’t send a warrior home point because their are better options. This apparently “God Mode” insane op wqrrqir build can be easily stopped.
1. Dodge.
2. Predict for christs sake you know what he is going to try to do it is your own kitten fault if you get caught with the stun.

Although i will say that healing signet combined with cleansing ire is pretty ridiculous. Use poison to counter the sig but it will just get cleansed right off.

I don’t think I said anything about a god mode build, or anything all the super powerful. I was just making mention of the fact that at least there exists a counter to the meta.

No, Spirit builds aren’t any fun to play against, and speaking mainly from a ranger perspective, they really aren’t that engaging (the class itself really just lacks skills that offer complex functions or do interesting things).

But I’m saying that AT LEAST you can counter comp. Within the lifespan of this game, I’m sure we’ll eventually see a build that can’t even be counter comp’d, given how fantastic the progress of the balance updates has gone in the last year.

@Everybody; isn’t it time the ranger class was discussed in general? Over the past year, basically every spec the ranger had has had the reoccurring response of it being too strong, or too easy. Some builds have been addressed, some have just fallen out of the meta, but either way…

Isn’t it about time a conversation was had about why exactly the skill ceiling for the ranger class remains low, so low that when strong enough tools are given to the class, the class immediately jumps to being over the top?

It seems to me to be a combination of passive mechanics, basic but effective weaponsets that don’t offer a large enough challenge to be efficient (no real rotations necessary, strong effects with simple effectiveness requirements on low cooldowns, etc), a lack of interactive utilities, and the ones that are the most interactive (Traps, Survival) are either weak, or just weak for the current meta.

Oh, and a pet mechanic that by design doesn’t offer much counterplay to opponents, or interactive play to the ranger. It’s kind of just tacked on damage that is mostly out of the players control, and runs around with minimal management needed to be effective, and offers players no other way to use pets, other than for passive damage (granted a few have useful active skills, or RNG useful skill rotations, but it’s a small percentage of the overall population, and RNG AI skills being useful is just bad for competition all around).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Get outta here lol. It is TOTALLY possible to roll a spirit ranger and dominate players with a much higher skill level. I commonly see 4-5 spirit rangers in every tournament I play in Solo queue. Please, tell me how all these people are original rangers.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Anet is basically saying have a taste of the future! Spirit Ranger is here to stay, since it represents a skilled build needed for the game.

For me personally, if spirit ranger is indeed a glimpse of what is to come for gw2 pvp, then I’ll pass. I’d much rather find a decent pvp game rather than make posts saying how shallow gw2 pvp is.

I agree. I spent 20 solo queue games playing spirit ranger as a complete newb the other day and I was rapidly approaching the top 500 on leaderboards before I stopped. Because spirit ranger is cheap. Boring. And overpowered.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I don’t understand. When I was playing GW2 people laughed at me when I rolled spirit ranger, has the spec had some huge buff in the last few months? (I looked around but couldn’t see any big changes….)

in PvP

Yasha.5963

Now that is awesome!

Too bad in GW2, a ranger either spams shortbow 1 in your face and/or evade skills the crap out of you until all Evade texts are blurry and let their pets and spirits do all the nasty stuff on opponent.

I tried that game and uninstalled it soon after. The controls/movement are really slow and clunky and you can hardly see anything. It looks awesome, and is an awesome idea for a game, but its just crap at the moment unfortunately.

in PvP

Sol.4310

Now that is awesome!

I tried that game and uninstalled it soon after. The controls/movement are really slow and clunky and you can hardly see anything. It looks awesome, and is an awesome idea for a game, but its just crap at the moment unfortunately.

Not sure when you played it, the movement can be fixed via the settings and your control’s are almost same as Guildwars 2 well atleast for me anyways. If anything the controls are faster in that game which is what I like. Only part can be real pain is I hate jumping in any game.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Now that is awesome!

It’s the concept of a Ranger that’s seen from the vid that I enjoyed – long range snipe and kite that relies on aiming and precise usage of skills to hit opponents. GW2 combat and gameplay is pretty much the most fluid of all the games I’ve played. However, certain aspects of some class mechanics tend to spoil and corrupt this marvelous game like how a Ranger is played in GW2 compared to the Ranger in that video. Too much reliance on AI and passive stuff is not fun to play with nor play against, IMO. Unfortunately it’s the class design (add to that the fact that Conquest Mode requires you to stand and stay on a point and how easy it is to spam condis whether through AOE or passive proc) that is basically the culprit in how the Ranger class evolved from the supposedly agile power snipers into bunker condi AI passive playstyle.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Yasha.5963

So can anyone tell me why the ranger spirit build is suddenly all the rage? Like I said, I used to play that build from time to time when I was playing GW2 a lot, but back then most people laughed at me for running a spirit build.

When I played it had good sustain and team synergy, but with no stun breaker and limited damage. I stopped playing actively around the time elementalists were seen as OP and trap ranger or maybe beastmaster were the favoured ranger builds- what has changed with the spirit build since then? I had a look but can’t see any major changes, can anyone fill me in?

in PvP

Sol.4310

So can anyone tell me why the ranger spirit build is suddenly all the rage? Like I said, I used to play that build from time to time when I was playing GW2 a lot, but back then most people laughed at me for running a spirit build.

When I played it had good sustain and team synergy, but with no stun breaker and limited damage. I stopped playing actively around the time elementalists were seen as OP and trap ranger or maybe beastmaster were the favoured ranger builds- what has changed with the spirit build since then? I had a look but can’t see any major changes, can anyone fill me in?

Trait merge, pet nerf, Storm Spirit buff. That’s basically the hole reason.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

google.3709

and because it ( and necro) killed PvP (Q.Q) kitten condi meta

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

snip

Im so sorry for QQing. Please forgive me

Anyway, you’re argument about rangers having no choice in how to setup traits because other builds are crap also applies to most if not all other classes so it’s basically mother of kittens (for a lack of better word).

And yes balance patches tend to dictate the meta more rather than the community having the initiative in countering the dominant gameplay however one cannot argue that if it’s easier winning with faceroll classes and builds handed out to you in every balance patch on a shiny silver platter, why on earth would you try to go against the flow only to find out you’re only gimping yourself or your team because as you have stated, other builds are not viable? So the only option is to qq in forums to nerf the latest fotm and hope for the best in the next balance patch because L2P ain’t gonna cut it if you’re against a build that does not require L2P to be very effective with to begin with.

That’s actually bullkitten, the ranger is one of the only classes where if you take away spirits/spirit viability, it has virtually nothing else to provide to a team fight at ALL except sitting on a point by themselves with BM which got gutted as well months back – still somewhat viable but easily countered because that’s what the GW2 community likes is guaranteed 1on1 wins without any competitive play, they want ‘send a class here to take out that class’ and that’s the straight line of gameplay that’s obviously desired here in this game, so kitten it… Also, if these changes were to ever occur to spirit , it would have to be in PvP ONLY as spirits in WvW/PvE are complete kitten and nerfing them there would make them over the top COMPLETELY useless (affects only 5 targets, die from zergs, etc) , while this isn’t WvW i’ll steer away from that but just wanted to make that was clear. Give us more team actives with almost the same effects and take away the passives from spirits, will you still cry or not? Is it the meta or what the ranger has that’s the issue?

Alot of other classes have options because their traits allow for it (mesmers , I understand your limitations on condition removal as well speccing specific ways), rangers are stuck between 2 thresholds, both of which have been under nothing but constant attack by the community as a whole, spirit builds and bm builds. I think it’s time we realize Anet is at fault for this and not rangers themselves. Does anybody get mad because they now see tons of warriors and necros in PvP now since those changes? Seems like spirit ranger is the ONLY culprit here and one of the only ones that gets constant complaint threads regarding it. How much is the ranger going to get nerfed without seeing anything in power builds/hybrid build viability? If condition meta is overhauled, ranger will never be a class played in PvP at all let alone tPvP and will be overrun by warriors/burst engis/burst eles.

Rangers quite literally get everything we viably need in one trait line, Wilderness Survival. Shaman amulet w/ 30 in WS is just insane, and should it be looked at? Yes, but I don’t think ranger needs to be GUTTED for it. I think we need trait synergy elsewhere. We need more condition removal in another line so we don’t have to rely on going 30 in Wilderness Survival in EVERY BUILD to get it (which also forces most rangers to run something like shaman amulet for kitten to work for them). Rangers are literally FORCED to spec 30 automatically into that trait line, which is also the trait line that completely caters to this current kittened up meta, if we don’t , we have no condition removal to counter the said current kittened up meta.

It’s a vicious cycle for us and Anet needs to allow for better options in our trait lines and a look at either the condition meta in general and whether or not that gets an overhaul. If it does, we definitely need more power / hybrid options or ranger in a team environment and not just in kittening duels (5-10% of the entire community duels) and if it doesn’t like I said, we will be a class that will never get played , ever, anywhere, not just PvP.

Another major problem is that PvP changes dictate how the ranger plays in all aspects of the game when some classes only see changes in PvP only and that discrimination is kittened up. BM nerf unnecessary in WvW , and now is complete kitten there as it was never really that good in that environment anyway (it’s a strict 1on1/roam build nothing more). Trap builds do good there but somewhat not as effective in PvP, etc etc etc.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

(edited by Ryan.8367)

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The elite has a cooldown of 240 seconds .

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

The problem is that people actually run 2 spirit rangers because the elite is so good and can actually cycle their elites for mid fights, the spirits themselves are great, the ranger is an exceptional duelist, what’s not to love about an over performing prof?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

My team is shameless.. We run 2 spirit rangers, 1 necro, 1 engi, 1 Guard and win a constant basis at top 100 level team tournament gameplay.. We repeatedly tell people when they qq and cry after we beat them.. You are free to run 2 spirit rangers yourselves.. The problem is finding Pro spirit rangers that can consistently beat their counters, CC warriors, Gs/Mace shield warriors, Automated Response Engi’s.. When you are lucky enough to have 2 spirit rangers in your guild who are skilled enough to resurrect your whole team in a midfight without having their spirit interrupted due to positioning and map awareness, provide ridiculous sustain to the midfight, win every single 1vs1, and are smart enough to save their storm spirit to spike with the rest of your team when you call it.. Why not run 2 of them? We realize it’s total B.S. Not fair, and ridiculously overpowered…. But like i said before people are free to run 2 of them themselves.. Lots of teams have tried to copy our exact comp.. Like for example Gods Sacred’s team.. He copied our comp to the letter we still beat them 500-150.. It’s not just about having spirit rangers, but having above average rangers.. Their are many teams that counter my teams comp hard as well.. Genyens team and FML (Got Mights) team counter it pretty effectively

The Official GW2 Esports Drama Reporter

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

My team is shameless.. We run 2 spirit rangers, 1 necro, 1 engi, 1 Guard and win a constant basis at top 100 level team tournament gameplay.. We repeatedly tell people when they qq and cry after we beat them.. You are free to run 2 spirit rangers yourselves.. The problem is finding Pro spirit rangers that can consistently beat their counters, CC warriors, Gs/Mace shield warriors, Automated Response Engi’s.. When you are lucky enough to have 2 spirit rangers in your guild who are skilled enough to resurrect your whole team in a midfight without having their spirit interrupted due to positioning and map awareness, provide ridiculous sustain to the midfight, win every single 1vs1, and are smart enough to save their storm spirit to spike with the rest of your team when you call it.. Why not run 2 of them? We realize it’s total B.S. Not fair, and ridiculously overpowered…. But like i said before people are free to run 2 of them themselves.. Lots of teams have tried to copy our exact comp.. Like for example Gods Sacred’s team.. He copied our comp to the letter we still beat them 500-150.. It’s not just about having spirit rangers, but having above average rangers.. Their are many teams that counter my teams comp hard as well.. Genyens team and FML (Got Mights) team counter it pretty effectively

I honestly think you wouldn’t be worth anything at all if easy mode mechanics did not exist in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

The best part is we PUG random rangers and are still pretty effective.. we only have 1 core spirit ranger atm.. Isn’t this meta wonderful?

The Official GW2 Esports Drama Reporter

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

I honestly think you wouldn’t be worth anything at all if easy mode mechanics did not exist in this game.

C’mon man. I hate spirit rangers as much as anyone, but don’t hate the player, hate the game. Particularly in the case where a dev has the balls to say that it takes a huge amount of skill to play spirit ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Just a notice – what are spirit rangers built for? Are they, in comparison to other classes, built around their weapon sets providing as much evade as they can, all while having random on hit boon procs from every attack?

I think a way to balance spirit ranger is to have the on hit effects have a global cooldown, let’s say around 2-3s for each proc per player – but that would defeat the purpose of spirit rangers. Another fix could be reducing the duration of the on-hit effects, as the ranger might be able to boon stack easily.

To counter the change, improve the ranger’s longbow so that it has better power scaling options. Currently, shortbow > longbow since you have ok conditions with it. What if longbow was boosted back to good power, but only if – and only if – the range was >600 or more? Realigning traits to improve the ranger’s power options at a good distance might make rangers excellent ranged DPS but once you do get close, a ranger is effectively gutted.

I don’t have any other ideas to balance out stuff, since this does not take into account pet stuffs, so yeah.

in PvP

Wombat.3510

Any ranger, spirit or not, who just macros and spams everything at random is not going to win against a ranger who times their skills.

Spirits have a 60 second cooldown starting at initial cast. That means rangers must cast the spirits when they spawn and run around avoiding anything but a 1v1 for 50 seconds because the minute they get into a team fight, spirits are dead in under 10 seconds (most of the time a second or 2). If they do get into a 1v1, they have to pray that their opponent is a complete noob and doesn’t know enough to kill the spirits.

Rangers have 30 points in the spirit trait line which is no longer valid in any way after the spirits are dead. They also have no signets and must rely on pure skill for survival. Few first-time rangers will have the necessary skills to stay alive once their spirits are dead, and even fewer will be able to recast them. Spirits take 1.5 seconds to cast x 3. During that time they cannot dodge or use any skills – they basically just stand there and die while waiting to be interrupted and have their skill delayed. If they do get their spirits back up, they are usually dead in a few second. Now they have to respawn and avoid combat until their spirits are back up (30-40 seconds).

I guess the spirit ranger is the strongest build in the ranger line so I can see how people who are used to killing rangers in 10 seconds or less would say that it is OP. Like the mesmer and necro, it’s an annoying build and that’s why people like to play it. In reality it’s is no more OP than steath, necro minions, mesmer phantasms, 100 blades, eng or ele skill spamming.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

In reality it’s is no more OP than steath, necro minions, mesmer phantasms, 100 blades, eng or ele skill spamming.

Right, and that’s why there are basically NO top teams running MM necro, phant mesmer, 100b warrior, or eles. Let’s get real here and face the hard facts, Spirit Ranger is overpowered. It can 1v1 well, it can teamfight well, and provides the team with one of the strongest res utils in the game. [SYNC] ran two of them and did incredibly well, and of course they’re very skilled players, but even not so skilled players can pick it up and top 500 the solo queue leaderboards pretty easily. It. Is. Overpowered. And does much more damage than it should compared to its TTK. So let’s not be diplomatic here and get the spec fixed, mmk?

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

why always noobs talk about balance in this game in nearly every topic?
dont find most of you bobs in the ladder and you think you know whats to strong and whats not?

first learn to play, then talk about balance, instead waste time on crying on forum.
i hope you get your spirit ranger nerf, so you can whine about next profession.
the good players dont waste so much time on forum like you guys
just play the next working builds after next changes which anet do for u crying babys and have fun.

in a 1vs1 situation its 50/50 who win spirit ranger as warrior, s/d thief, necro or engin
and to win 1vs1 situations is much time important
so nerf them also, because all of them are also strong in teamfight.

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I come back here many days later and the tears are still flowing. Nerf this nerf that blabbity blah blah.

Insults thrown left right and center as well I see. Nothing like a bit of emotions to throw into the mix.

I do not think devs will take anyone seriously with such kitten poor arguments.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in PvP

Wombat.3510

Let’s get real here and face the hard facts, Spirit Ranger is overpowered. It can 1v1 well, it can teamfight well, and provides the team with one of the strongest res utils in the game.

Unless the spirits are killed, then it is undeniably the most underpowered class in the game and completely useless in tpvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

In reality it’s is no more OP than steath, necro minions, mesmer phantasms, 100 blades, eng or ele skill spamming.

Right, and that’s why there are basically NO top teams running MM necro, phant mesmer, 100b warrior, or eles. Let’s get real here and face the hard facts, Spirit Ranger is overpowered. It can 1v1 well, it can teamfight well, and provides the team with one of the strongest res utils in the game. [SYNC] ran two of them and did incredibly well, and of course they’re very skilled players, but even not so skilled players can pick it up and top 500 the solo queue leaderboards pretty easily. It. Is. Overpowered. And does much more damage than it should compared to its TTK. So let’s not be diplomatic here and get the spec fixed, mmk?

Imagine how OP MM necro would be if the necro had access to ranger weapons. This is something i’ve said many times. Evade spam on ranger needs to be nerfed. Not their specs.