solo q has become... trash.

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

solo q quality has always been questionable.
First it was matchmaking.
Now its pve heros.
still has 4v5’s everywhere.
This game has so much counter comp/hard counter.

O but wait we shouldn’t care about winning as just afking half way through match doesnt give any punishment and still gets rewards.

How can we make solo q better?

Play other MMOS.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

other than this, the game is losing its enjoyability.

I see bunker/bunkerish prof everywhere, TTK is slow and th game is dominated by wars/guards/engies/necros, with the last one rising even more now that godmode soldier hambows and thieves have been nerfed.

This is not only an issue in solo q, team q is horrible and there’s no way to overcome this issue.

As i said tons of times, rewards are not enough if the game is not enjoyable: and it is not anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

soloQ is fine …. but we are forced to play teamQ now so not enough player in soloQ and you get mixed with all rankings much more often
since patch i played only teamQ solo and im soon rank 48 (from 45) and no skyhammer is heaven^^

cant miss that

edit: but for the poster before me – it is not fun to play teamQ solo

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

You forgot about skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

I just got a login server error getting into SoloQ games. 4 mins later im able to login and my team was 4v5.

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

4v5 since the start, leavers and afkers are a serious problem and Anet must do something about it, effective immediately, or else I will cancel Wintersday until the problem is resolved.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

All is vain.
Gf gone

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It is still the matchmaking. They should just put all good players in the same team and newbs with newbs. That is how it should be. None of this ,, oh but poor casuals .. " It is also really sad that I have no time to practice 100 meter sprint that doesn’t mean I can participate in tournaments and only have to run 1 meter to compensate for my lack of practice.

Unrealistic to compare game to sports? What the hell do you think e-SPORTS mean and that alone should already tell you enough about this game never becoming one.

That’s how it was before and everyone complained. The population is too small for that. You just constantly had stack and high rated players, stomping new players.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I solo queue and I get thrown matches, absurd teams and skyhammer/spirit watch 4 times in a row. It’s not kittening fun, please fix, start by removing skyhammer which is something you can do NOW instead of something that takes loads of development.

All is vain.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I see bunker/bunkerish prof everywhere, TTK is slow and th game is dominated by wars/guards/engies/necros, with the last one rising even more now that godmode soldier hambows and thieves have been nerfed.

There are a lot more necros and engies as of late. I thought it was just me.

And yeah, as for the fun part, it’s slowly going away. At this point, I really don’t know anything that can save the game. Increasing population size by attracting PVE farmers is good. But the quality of matches has gone from bad to terribad. It’s just sad.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

There are a lot more necros and engies as of late. I thought it was just me.

And yeah, as for the fun part, it’s slowly going away. At this point, I really don’t know anything that can save the game. Increasing population size by attracting PVE farmers is good. But the quality of matches has gone from bad to terribad. It’s just sad.

match quality is just a side thing, the point is that balance is not BETTER after this patch, it just pushed people more into bunker crap meta.

At least i’m rediscovering the beauty of an S/P thief, but the game is simply not fun anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Just went into solo queue. Our team was organized, we made plans.. we capped points, we killed guys, we stayed alive. The other team was not organized, they kept zerging and leaving capture points unoccupied, they didn’t seem to know our builds well.

And they won.

Why?

Because they started with 5 players and we started with 4.

in PvP

Posted by: TNoD.8143

TNoD.8143

I’d be fine with mentally challenged teammates if I wasn’t forced to play spirit watch + skyhammer all day.

More “new”, “dumb” or “don’t know how to play” players in solo queue is actually a good thing. It means the pvp scene isn’t dying; it means there are new players attracted to pvp. I wish people would stop being elitist and are willing to look at the bigger picture.

Top MMR solo queues can sometimes be very good games.

Lord Vrael [ÆÆÆÆ] – Borlis Pass

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

I very much was enjoying soloq post November update (shuffling teams) but prior to the reset and definitely prior to the 12/10 patch. There are too many 4v5s and when they’re not it’s a blowout match. I don’t personally enjoy a match if I win by a blowout either, so I’m not currently enjoying the soloQ climate anymore.

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Removing pvp sounds like the most beneficial and cost-effective solution.
A new year, a clean slate…jingle bells, jingle all the way. Best start working on a special GW pvp-only edition, because the current pvp is beyond saving.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I remember the devs saying comparing this game to Guild Wars 1 was looking through rose-tinted glasses.

So I went back to Guild Wars 1, and it wasn’t rose tinted glasses at all.

Given, it still has it’s own problems, but the only “cheese” spec I can find in the game is a Wastrels spam mesmer, and with no real problems with GvG, the only other competitive issue in the game is in Random Arenas, where sync’ing was never truly fixed.

Still, guild wars 1 even already has a spectator mode and monthly tournaments. Honestly, if we could get some of the more dedicated PvP guilds from this game to make a push back to Guild Wars 1, and could get a shoutcaster to stream some games, I would honestly bet money that with enough community support it would get bigger than Guild Wars 2 is, at a faster pace, with more esport potential than what this game has (unfortunate but true) at this time, and probably until about 2016.

Unless balance updates and content updates for PvP shift into high gear, both in potency and date of implementation of course (hahaha I should be a comedian).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Depends on luck. only 5% of my games are 4v5.

I thought a lot about matchmaking system and i must say current one is good! If system matched only best players, it would take ages to create a match. Like it is on League of Legends, where u have to wait 20 – 60 minutes in que. System in gw2 is similar to sc2 in speed of matchmaking. I’am happy with solo que system.

However team que is totally different thing. Team que should be much more like League of legends que (20-60 min) becouse good teams get free wins when they face random people. Current team arena allowed alone players to que. I dont think it alone players sohuld be allowed to play team arena. At least there should be a pair communicating.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

I guess I’m just unlucky then. afkers seem to be the norm in solo queue. And I cant seem to get placed with team mates that are near my rank. I lost two matches a 3v4 and 4v5 in favor of the other team and since then I’ve been paired with kittenty players over and over again. I gave up on solo q. Team q is good because I can actually communicate with my team mates over voip and we win more than we lose.

in PvP

Romek.4201

dont have any AFKers or 4v5 at start and i palyed a lot

whats the point in writing all this nonsens here? you guys think arenanet dont have the numbers to see themself how many 4v5 started? dont you guyz think they see that you lie?

useless thread

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Grouping high ranked players with low ranked players? That’s the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard. You should group high ranked players vs high ranked players and low ranked players vs low ranked players. Sounds like you just want to noob stomp and win all day instead of a real challenge LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

The world ends with solo q
Sirius thread

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

dont have any AFKers or 4v5 at start and i palyed a lot

whats the point in writing all this nonsens here? you guys think arenanet dont have the numbers to see themself how many 4v5 started? dont you guyz think they see that you lie?

useless thread

In my case, i don’t complain regarding 4vs5 ( it very rarely happens to me). I complain about overall class balance, cost vs rewards ratio and skill spamming.

The most succesful builds are the most braindead, even in team q. Playing as a mesmer ( since thief is dead after this patch and almost unplayable, especially on solo q) i really suffer against professions that require a lot less effort than the one i put into the fight to give me hard times, and this is frustrating.

As a mesmer ( who can’t hold the point, altough winning the fight) your impact on the match, if your team is not playing properly and the opposite is full of semi-bunker proffs, is not that big and in solo q you would be better off with another profession in order to carry your teammates.

Mesmer is the clear example of a high risk/high reward case where the reward is not that high due to current balance.

In team q you can at least make them work, in solo q it’s just frustrating. And in team q such builds and comps are present in high end rating ( just take a look at what top teams are running).

The point is that the game is getting unfun.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

atm i play mesmer too and its anoying to face a warrior or necro on a node cause you can paly perfect and unload everything on him and hp goes only to 80% or something and he just smash face on board and done

I usually win against most necros and wars, what is getting annoying is the presence of bunker engies-wars-condi wars and the almighty spirit ranger.

As a mesmer you’re forced out of the point in order to do damage and it really takes TOO MUCH TIME to bring them down.

Unlike guards, which survivability is tied to boons easily stripped with a simple shatter, these proffs survivability/counterpressure is too high when faced 1vs1 ( by any proff, not only mesmer) and untied to anything aside passive healing and blocks ( traited toolkit gives you 3secs of blocks every 15 secs) and it just takes too much time to kill them by yourself ( if you can even do it) while the points slowly tick in their favor.

Bunker wars is unfun in any shape or form.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

atm i play mesmer too and its anoying to face a warrior or necro on a node cause you can paly perfect and unload everything on him and hp goes only to 80% or something and he just smash face on board and done

I usually win against most necros and wars, what is getting annoying is the presence of bunker engies-wars-condi wars and the almighty spirit ranger.

As a mesmer you’re forced out of the point in order to do damage and it really takes TOO MUCH TIME to bring them down.

Unlike guards, which survivability is tied to boons easily stripped with a simple shatter, these proffs survivability/counterpressure is too high when faced 1vs1 ( by any proff, not only mesmer) and untied to anything aside passive healing and blocks ( traited toolkit gives you 3secs of blocks every 15 secs) and it just takes too much time to kill them by yourself ( if you can even do it) while the points slowly tick in their favor.

Bunker wars is unfun in any shape or form.

I wonder how much of that would be solved by removing certain amulets from spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: xoom.4918

xoom.4918

I like the JinDaVikk vent. +1.

Too many PvE/WvW scrubs coming in, thinking they know kitten about the game, but end up being crap, nor know their rotations. Oh, don’t forget the Skyhammer farmers who decided to adorn themselves with nice titles like Ransacker or Marauder, but get taken down so easily in a 1v1.

This game’s balance is stupid, buffing PU mesmers because “mesmers are not viable in the condi meta”. Leaving Cleansing Ire Heal Signets warrior unchanged, so that warriors in general can choose to go Ranged and Melee and still outheal most classes’ normal attack damage. Necroes are coming out of their rabbit hole now because perma cc warrior damage were nerfed, and they get to stack fear/condis umpteen number of times on you.

We need #fireAnetBalanceTeam

in PvP

Romek.4201

@Pyriall
warrior with zerker is still bunkerish

and for the problem i think they did all this for wvw – make all classes bunkerish or they die in this monster-blobs when face enemys i bet thats reason too why all this classes get now team suppourt casue in wvw they want only warrior and guardian. I bet thats reason why gave engi the stability … so this classes are wanted too^^

i dont think arenanet balance anything for spvp anymore – its all bout “this class have to live in BLOBvsBLOB” and “class need enough suppourt so guilds take it in there builds”

and at the end we have all this bunkerish crap in spvp

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

This game’s balance is stupid, buffing PU mesmers because “mesmers are not viable in the condi meta”.

Again with this? PU mesmers were not buffed in PvP. Heck, I play one and wish I could find a way to make use of the changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

@Pyriall

and for the problem i think they did all this for wvw – make all classes bunkerish or they die in this monster-blobs when face enemys i bet thats reason too why all this classes get now team suppourt casue in wvw they want only warrior and guardian. I bet thats reason why gave engi the stability … so this classes are wanted too^^

i dont think arenanet balance anything for spvp anymore – its all bout “this class have to live in BLOBvsBLOB” and “class need enough suppourt so guilds take it in there builds”

really? Blame wvw? You do know that every craptastic bunker build is even more powerful in wvw right? I will say I don’t know what balance is done around but it sure ain’t wvw.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: Solo queue hasn’t changed. Your perspective of it has. These are all issues that many people have discussed for awhile now.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@Pyriall

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Warriors were already the preferred zerg class before some of the sustain changes to warriors. Zergs are called a hammer train for a reason. Warriors were also OP in PvE prior to these changes.

All of the changes were made with PvP in mind. That is the one area where people complained about the effectiveness of the class.