tanking my MMR but not throwing match?

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

So from Yasi’s post which highlights how dumb this matchmaking is I just want to have quality match and I don’t care about backpiece or achievements. And in order for me to do that I have to tank my mmr to get fair fights and I don’t want to mess up other 4 random’s mmr but I have no choice. Also it doesn’t help the fact that my queues are easily over 5 minutes and sometimes extend to 12 min only to get me stomped kittening hard to the point where I just can’t play anymore.

So basically how can I lower my mmr? My account has 60% win loss ratio that is going down the gutter and as much as I love gw2 pvp I am sick and tired of getting bad players on my team and I’d rather lose a lot to get even match ups or get carried. I find it that there is no point for me to try anymore as I am being used as pip fodder and if that’s the case let those people move up their division faster since I really don’t care about moving up or down.

Tour

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

seriously anet if you’re gonna give me 5 min + queue then at least make even match ups instead of forcing me to lose every single game. I know i already lost in the first mid fight when I down 3 people and im the only one cleaving while rest of my team is doing their own thing and not even bother stomping or cleaving with me. Seriously what more can I do to salvage this matchmaking? If you’re gonna give me bad match ups at least reduce my queue time from 5 min+ to 30 sec by putting random people in the match with me.

That way at least I know I can play the game and still lose instead of waiting forever for the matchmaking to screw me over

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I was not suggesting you tank your mmr.

Dont play ranked… thats what I suggested. If you dont care about achievements… just stop playing ranked… because it will HURT your mmr. A system that forces a 50% winrate also forces an average’d mmr. I posted about this in season1 and why this kind of system is VERY bad.

You cant just tank your mmr, just as you cant just inflate your mmr. If you played regularly so far, your mmr is pretty much set and only decreases a little bit with each match you loose. Its not just… loose 10 matches et voila… mmr is down.

And the thing is… to get your mmr back up… you need at least just as many matches won. Which is usually way more difficult.

So, no… dont do it… its a stupid idea. Take a break. Play another pvp game. Play custom arena to improve your 1v1 skills.

Tbh, best thing to do atm… is try out new games. Theres a few coming that are interesting, theres Overwatch which is already established and is getting nice attention from blizzard.

You will NOT get quality matches this season. You get blowouts. Either you loose, or you win. MMR only defines if you are someone that has to carry, or if you get carried. Match quality itself stays exactly the same, since the system itself is horribly imbalanced.

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

I was not suggesting you tank your mmr.

Dont play ranked… thats what I suggested. If you dont care about achievements… just stop playing ranked… because it will HURT your mmr. A system that forces a 50% winrate also forces an average’d mmr. I posted about this in season1 and why this kind of system is VERY bad.

You cant just tank your mmr, just as you cant just inflate your mmr. If you played regularly so far, your mmr is pretty much set and only decreases a little bit with each match you loose. Its not just… loose 10 matches et voila… mmr is down.

And the thing is… to get your mmr back up… you need at least just as many matches won. Which is usually way more difficult.

So, no… dont do it… its a stupid idea. Take a break. Play another pvp game. Play custom arena to improve your 1v1 skills.

Tbh, best thing to do atm… is try out new games. Theres a few coming that are interesting, theres Overwatch which is already established and is getting nice attention from blizzard.

You will NOT get quality matches this season. You get blowouts. Either you loose, or you win. MMR only defines if you are someone that has to carry, or if you get carried. Match quality itself stays exactly the same, since the system itself is horribly imbalanced.

Yep I understand it and now I know exactly what to do. I have to bring other 4 miserable souls down on my team so that next season or whatever match making bs anet will try will at least keep me in check. I lost my competitive spirit today and now I don’t think I’ll ever care about getting better in pvp anymore.

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If you want to tank your MMR, start playing on a class you have never played and learn the build through a bunch of games in ranked.

You will almost invariably lose for quite a few games until you get the hang of it, as “you on a class you are still learning” can’t fight nearly as well as “you on your best class”

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I just want to be put on the winnable team. I’m tired of being assigned to the losing team. This matchmaking system just flat out does not work without the sdeason 1 pip-assignment system, and they need to fix this BEFORE it is too late to gain ranks over this season.

Why do they go full silence between seasons? They just bunker down and don’t even try to fix the current season, and then the season ends and they come out like “well, we kittened that one up royally, but here’s what we’re going to do next season,” no, next season is too late, do something about it today! Or maybe tomorrow, I’m not picky, but don’t wait until it’s too late to actually matter.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Zenral.3958

Zenral.3958

Why do they go full silence between seasons? They just bunker down and don’t even try to fix the current season, and then the season ends and they come out like “well, we kittened that one up royally, but here’s what we’re going to do next season,” no, next season is too late, do something about it today! Or maybe tomorrow, I’m not picky, but don’t wait until it’s too late to actually matter.

Anet knows they’ve messed up and yes, they’re often silent when it comes to issues like this, whatever they say might just do more damage than good in their eyes, especially with people as angry as they are now, which isn’t a surprise at this rate.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I just want to be put with players that aren’t obviously new. I had a team where the first team fight the rev died in 2 seconds. TWO SECONDS.

I’m not a pro player, maybe slightly above average but I played 3000+ ranked games. Give me some people who have some experience at least please?

#feelsbadman

This is my way of tanking MMR i guess, just keep losing playing naturally lol.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The best way to make sure you have decent players is to queue as a team. Anet even facilitated that this season by allowing you to group up with players from your match. So either find some players to queue with, or wait until you win a match and try to team up with those guys you won the match with.

Until Anet implements some sort of incredible matchmaking, solo queue will always remain a frustrating option. Instead of complaining about your teammates, take the initiative and get a team together before queueing.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

seriously anet if you’re gonna give me 5 min + queue then at least make even match ups instead of forcing me to lose every single game. I know i already lost in the first mid fight when I down 3 people and im the only one cleaving while rest of my team is doing their own thing and not even bother stomping or cleaving with me. Seriously what more can I do to salvage this matchmaking? If you’re gonna give me bad match ups at least reduce my queue time from 5 min+ to 30 sec by putting random people in the match with me.

That way at least I know I can play the game and still lose instead of waiting forever for the matchmaking to screw me over

You’re asking too much. 5 min queue times is not bad. Ask all the people in the past seasons that move their way up quickly, they would have 30 min to 2 hour queue times. AND you don’t have to sit in the mists anymore. Queue times are not the issue. And ANET is not forcing you to lose, that is just an excuse you people throw out because you lose a lot. Matchmaking isn’t good atm, but if you belong in a certain division, you will make it if you play good enough. So work on getting better.

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: Zenral.3958

Zenral.3958

You’re asking too much. 5 min queue times is not bad. Ask all the people in the past seasons that move their way up quickly, they would have 30 min to 2 hour queue times. AND you don’t have to sit in the mists anymore. Queue times are not the issue. And ANET is not forcing you to lose, that is just an excuse you people throw out because you lose a lot. Matchmaking isn’t good atm, but if you belong in a certain division, you will make it if you play good enough. So work on getting better.

Doubled edged sword when actual skilled people who are placed on losing teams lose motivation to play and/or change games to fulfill their PvP desire. That’s good competition thrown out of the window right there.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The best way to make sure you have decent players is to queue as a team. Anet even facilitated that this season by allowing you to group up with players from your match. So either find some players to queue with, or wait until you win a match and try to team up with those guys you won the match with.

Until Anet implements some sort of incredible matchmaking, solo queue will always remain a frustrating option. Instead of complaining about your teammates, take the initiative and get a team together before queueing.

I like the “team with your team” function (although NOT the “wait around 15 seconds with your loser team until the game gets bored with you” part), but it’s not a game changer. Even If you happen to win a match, and even IF most of that team wants to stick together (usually it’s only 1-2), it’s still likely that a match or two down the road they’ll slam you into a much stronger team, because Arenanet. It really doesn’t help.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

Okay then tell me how I could have carried my last game. My thief becomes a 1v1 hero who decides to 1v1 a minion mancer necro at far and keeps dying, my team loses 3v3 every time and every node so I am forced to match up 4v3 in which no one in my team cleaves the downed enemy or rezzes the team mate. And then since I have to 4v3 in order for the teamfight to stay EVEN the one member of the other team can freely full cap and kill us 4v4. Also after each wipe my team decides to trickle one by one into different nodes only to get slaughtered, and at the end while the enemies were at my Lord 2 of my teammates decide to double cap home while ignoring the lord rush because they wanted to get 10 points and get match credit.

Since you are so confident in your ability and proud of match making please do tell me and stream how you can carry the game in your favor. And guess what? These quality of games are 8/10 of matches that I have because I have higher than average mmr. How fair is this for me forced to break my back and attempt to carry 3~4 people at a time? You tell me if you can enjoy these kind of matches after minimum queue time of 5 minutes and above

Tour