tempest ele's can you explain this?

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

So, doing some casual stronkhold games tonight and we was getting rekt, first time I found this ele and it was in a team fight and I didnt target him to see what boons he had. but come, as a marauder staff thief, I should do more then 5 dmg from steal lol?

here is a screen shot of my combat log.

Attachments:

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Guys, someone is still playing thief! It’s still OP wtf Anet get your balancing team on the job!

/s

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Most likely he had some dmg mitigation from teammates, with 40% prot, frost aura, while u also had weakness on u (maybe he had it traited on shouts). Otherwise nothing i can think of right now

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Stealing is still doing damage?
ANET NERF!

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

Dat 8 hitting Vault tho. OP, plz nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

are you playing settler’s thief?

joke’s aside, ele can get very strong damage mitigation (-40% protection, -10% from random earth magic trait, -10% from frost aura), but this looks quite strange.

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

yeah, they can – ele’s are a pain when it comes to tankyness and finding a window to open a burst with, but come on lol! 8 dmg vualts and 3 dmg AA? thats not right is it.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in PvP

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Looks balanced to me.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in PvP

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

was an enemy hero up? Turai Osso can block some attacks or reduce player damage:

Shield of Elona (war cry) — grants a protective shelter that blocks all incoming attacks on all player allies and their Lord

could have been this, but not sure

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I never thought it was possible to hit that low and on a marauder no less. Woah, OP, I feel like you’re holding back or misinterpreting some details. Also, Lady Lysanna. Try blocking the names out better next time :P.

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I’m diamond 4, played hundreds of hours on Tempest.

Even if you were using Magi’s Trinket, under weakness while the ele had Knight trinket, frost aura, protection, Rune of the Scrapper, Rock Barrier, under the effects of Phantasmal Defender and attuned to earth; you should be doing more than 8 damage vault, I’m thinking the elementalist was hacking. I can understand if vault hits in the mid hundreds given the example I mentioned above, but in the single digits? You’d have to have ~10,000 toughness to achieve something that extreme.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

I never thought it was possible to hit that low and on a marauder no less. Woah, OP, I feel like you’re holding back or misinterpreting some details. Also, Lady Lysanna. Try blocking the names out better next time :P.

this was at their home mist champion spawn bit. as you can see there was also a rev. I did not notice the champion spawn as we was still fighting for it, i was marauder thief using deadly arts/tricekery and DD. even if that champion did spawn, there is no way that it should reduce dmg that much. i know it spam agis of some form, bot not 99% dmg protection.

Oh and about the name – I missed a spot >.<, this isnt a “look i found a hacker ele” i was more interested in what actually happened.

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Working as intended. “Kappa”.

Am I cool now?

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Was the rev running jalis?

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You guys know combat log is buggy right?

On the other hand, I do remember a game yesterday in conquest against an Ele and I complained that “Fire Grab” only crit for 260….

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

You guys know combat log is buggy right?

On the other hand, I do remember a game yesterday in conquest against an Ele and I complained that “Fire Grab” only crit for 260….

I can understand that, without burning, ton of defense, it can hit rather low.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

That would have to be it:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rite_of_the_Great_Dwarf

Throw in 40% reduced from protection, 10% from frost aura, and another 10% from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Geomancer%27s_Defense, and you are over 100% damage reduction. Guess he was either missing one of those things or there is a cap so you don’t do litterally 0 damage. Kind of dumb that damage reducing traits stack by adding instead of multiplying like with damage increasing modifiers, but that is the result. Fortunately Rite of Great Dwarf is rarely used, though that may change in the future.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Throw in 40% reduced from protection, 10% from frost aura, and another 10% from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Geomancer%27s_Defense, and you are over 100% damage reduction. Guess he was either missing one of those things or there is a cap so you don’t do litterally 0 damage. Kind of dumb that damage reducing traits stack by adding instead of multiplying like with damage increasing modifiers, but that is the result. Fortunately Rite of Great Dwarf is rarely used, though that may change in the future.

Pretty sure damage reduction effects are multiplicitive, otherwise a Reaper should be showing hits of 0 frequently(Protection 33%, Rise 50%, Frost Aura 10%, Cold Shoulder 10%).

This, though, is some seriously strong reduction. That Tempest had to have the perfect storm of reductions on them at once to get single digit crits.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Pretty sure damage reduction effects are multiplicitive, otherwise a Reaper should be showing hits of 0 frequently(Protection 33%, Rise 50%, Frost Aura 10%, Cold Shoulder 10%).

This, though, is some seriously strong reduction. That Tempest had to have the perfect storm of reductions on them at once to get single digit crits.

Pretty sure it is additive, if it is multiplicative, then the total damage reduction for the ele would be .5*.6*.9*.9=.243 so about 75% damage reduction (there is a rune set that can knock that down a bit more but because multiplicative, it doesn’t make much of a difference). So if we assume the extremely low estimate that vault non crit does 1k on a cele with light armor after damage reductions that becomes 243 damage which while extremely low is still magnitudes higher than the 8 vault from op.

Additionally I have heard from other sources that damage reduction does stack to 100%, I am not sure of the validity of that but it would imply additive reduction. This evidence would suggest it is additive with perhaps a hard cap at maybe 99% reduction.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I would be more concerned about your Punishing Strikes crit for 2.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Looks balanced to me.

Yep, unless it’s a Mesmer, then we need to start more nerf threads.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

It’s possible that the damage reduction is being stacked in a weird way with other class skills, like Rite of the Great Dwarf.

If normal protection + frost aura + RotGD are stacking additively, you’ll end up with that damage.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Pretty sure it is additive, if it is multiplicative, then the total damage reduction for the ele would be .5*.6*.9*.9=.243 so about 75% damage reduction (there is a rune set that can knock that down a bit more but because multiplicative, it doesn’t make much of a difference). So if we assume the extremely low estimate that vault non crit does 1k on a cele with light armor after damage reductions that becomes 243 damage which while extremely low is still magnitudes higher than the 8 vault from op.

Additionally I have heard from other sources that damage reduction does stack to 100%, I am not sure of the validity of that but it would imply additive reduction. This evidence would suggest it is additive with perhaps a hard cap at maybe 99% reduction.

But Diamond skin is the problem lol. Who cares about all that damage negation, I can’t hit an Ele for 1,700 damage because they have Diamond skin equipped…

#amidoinitrite.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I’m really curious if anyone has tested Rite of the Great Dwarf + Tempest aura/protection boons. If it’s really possible to reach 99% damage reduction, that would explain why the tempest + DPS rev combo is so powerful.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Idk about ele for its possible for rev to reach 100% reduction with following;

-Rite (50%)
-Vengeful hammers (20%)
-Determined resolution (10%)
-Protection (33%)

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

regarding the rev, i wasn’t sure what he was as I have not even touched 1. but all i could say that he was an inexperienced rev because I slaughtered him in seconds more then once, he was also hammer sw/axe. i know the combat log dosnt tell the whole story, I should of took the screen shot in the fight but I was kinda busy :p

It just seemed odd because i have never hit that low at all, not even as a lvl 1

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

I’m diamond 4, played hundreds of hours on Tempest.

Even if you were using Magi’s Trinket, under weakness while the ele had Knight trinket, frost aura, protection, Rune of the Scrapper, Rock Barrier, under the effects of Phantasmal Defender and attuned to earth; you should be doing more than 8 damage vault, I’m thinking the elementalist was hacking. I can understand if vault hits in the mid hundreds given the example I mentioned above, but in the single digits? You’d have to have ~10,000 toughness to achieve something that extreme.

I agree, I just did testing on my tempest and cannot get anything to hit me that low.

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Retribution GM can proc Jalis’ Rite. It affects nearby allies and seems to be additive. That + Tempest’s 40% protection alone is 90%.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144