the Perfect Duo

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

HI all, me and my friend recently started playing together, i always used Elementalist in pvp since day launch, and he loves Engineer.
So right now we want to create a perfect duo, our guild is almost only PVE, so we’ll join tournaments in 2.
Monday we did 7 tournaments, in temple of silent storm, just running in the enemy base and defending till the end, we won 6, so i think engi and ele make a good duo!

I want to ask to you guys: what classes make a “perfect duo” for roaming or defending?

for example: i once met a warrior/thief duo before the quickness nerf, they whiped out 3 guys in seconds!

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Ele and Engie already sounds pretty good. Good healing, AoE, direct damage, conditions, boons and conditions.

You have probably nailed one of the best duos already, keep at it.

I personally like hybrid dps guardian with hybrid dps Ele. Some great combos there.

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

Ele and Engie already sounds pretty good. Good healing, AoE, direct damage, conditions, boons and conditions.

You have probably nailed one of the best duos already, keep at it.

I personally like hybrid dps guardian with hybrid dps Ele. Some great combos there.

Yeah, guardian, ele and engie are pretty good, i can give to my friend 15 stack of might in 6 seconds, what’s another class that give a lot of boons to allies?
Mesmer have some cool aoe like null field, time warp and staff #5, but i think is better in big fights with 3+ people.

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I play a bunker DD ele (in WvW I play hybrid) and what I like most with me would a mesmer. They bring a lot of chaos to the table, just like an elementalist does and together they do seem like a small army, instead of just 2 people.

I’m pretty much fine for any class though. Except maybe thieves. While they are great finishers and can wreck havoc, I dislike the constant stealthing, this means the other group will all focus me or the thief will SR and you take full focus.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

2 DD Elem

</thread>
Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Shatter Mesmer + Power Necromancer = Strong

Support Guardian + Condition Necro = Strong

Necromancer + Necromancer = God

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

2 DD Elem

</thread>

Pretty much. Too hard to take down and more damage then other tanky builds.

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

I’m pretty much fine for any class though. Except maybe thieves. While they are great finishers and can wreck havoc, I dislike the constant stealthing, this means the other group will all focus me or the thief will SR and you take full focus.

I actually find this to be an advantage when running a thief + bunker duo. While the bunker flashes around drawing focus, he can survive the hits while the thief slinks in the background, and drops a target fast.

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Perfect Duo? 2 Engis
Perfect Trio? 3 Engis

Why? because they just have so much fun together!

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

ele & ranger = heal condicleaner tanky cc damage and lots of pets

the Perfect Duo

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Tbh ele +engy is quite good. Guardian +any roamer is also good (ele , thief).
Or side point holder +roamer or bunker. Ranger/guardian. Ranger/ele. all are good.

But, engies are good defensive roamers, and eles are the best far point pushers in the game, so this is not a bad combo at all.