thief vault

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

So I went to cap far on a map and was standing there. While capping I hear a thief trap go off then I was downed. A thief hit me for 22000 vault while stealth. This a bug or what ? If not a bug then something needs to change. Getting hit for 22k and not seeing it come is bs. Anyone else have this happen?

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Vault = DMG = reveal Thief. And 22k DMG single Vault ? Maybe in another fairytale

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

(edited by Evilek.5690)

thief vault

in PvP

Methods.4023

I didn’t see the thief till I was downed and he stomped me. So the whole vault animation was stealth. All I saw in combat log was 22k vault hit. I’ve been playing this game for 3 years have at least one 80 in every class and never been hit for 22k by anyone till tonight. This only happen once maybe because I moved when heard his traps go off but still no one should be able to hit for 22k with one hit stealth

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

How much health did you have by the time the vault hit?

I believe a 22k vault could happen if all the stars aligned in a once in a life time moment.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

22k seems not true but I got hit for 8k in WvW by vault on my warrior with 2.8k Armor. The skill was an evade and done in stealth I also think its unblockable. Very Broken skill.

Good Job ANET at balancing have a medal.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

22k seems not true but I got hit for 8k in WvW by vault on my warrior with 2.8k Armor. The skill was an evade and done in stealth I also think its unblockable. Very Broken skill.

First to OP: there’s combat log you know? Next time don’t rush to forum writing nonsense but take 2 seconds of your life for a screenshot so we can actually take you seriously.

#Warlord: vault can actually being blocked/interrupted with a good timing since the evade doesn’t last for the full skill animation. Also do you think it’s unblockable? How about checking the skill tooltip before posting false things on the forum?

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

(edited by Kolly.9872)

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

First to OP: there’s combat log you know? Next time don’t rush to forum writing nonsense but take 2 seconds of your life for a screenshot so we can actually take you seriously.

#Warlord: vault can actually being blocked/interrupted with a good timing since the evade doesn’t last for the full skill animation. Also do you think it’s unblockable? How about checking the skill tooltip before posting false things on the forum?

I don’t understand what difference it makes. It’s in the same category as sword 3 on Rev. If you don’t like that I’m sorry. Whatever little counter play you claim the skill has it’s still very little.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

I don’t understand what difference it makes. It’s in the same category as sword 3 on Rev. If you don’t like that I’m sorry. Whatever little counter play you claim the skill has it’s still very little.

You do know that you can quite literally walk out of the way of a vault right? Or just place aoe damage on your feet. Or dodge it. Or block it. Or interrupt it.
Not to mention Vault roots you to the ground for a brief period of time, has no Cc/knockback, and definitely not unblockable.
And 8k damage on vault means either the thief has might stacks, you have vulnerability on you, and he is running full glass. One whirlwind attack from you will take out half or more of his hp.

Any half decent player can win a fight against a staff theif.

And to OP, as a staff thief in full dps gear and traits, in PvE, with 25 might stacks, 25 vulnerability of the target, I hardly ever hit more then 15k per vault. So unless you have a screenshot of the damage log, as far as I know you are grossly exaggerating.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

thief vault

in PvP

Azure Prower.8701

If it is OP as you claim. Try it and come back to us. Good luck trying to land a hit by the way.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Screenshot or fairytale.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

thief vault

in PvP

Kolly.9872

I simply hate when ppl that clearly don’t know anything about thieves, that don’t even take a bit of their time to read skill tooltips before posting, not even trying by themselves what such skills actually do, well decide to come here and claim this or that skill is OP without any proof of their statements nor screenshots.
Want to know what an evidence realy is? check my screenshot!! But still I laughed at it and didn’t come here stating bersekers are OP cos I know they aren’t in the current state.
And that was taken in PvP where probably dmg is lower than WvW where foods and gears can make a huge difference.

Attachments:

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

Ah yes, Rev Sword #3… the weapon skill so OP that just autoattacking does more damage. Are you sure that’s the comparison you want to be making?

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Ah yes, Rev Sword #3… the weapon skill so OP that just autoattacking does more damage. Are you sure that’s the comparison you want to be making?

Yes and of course autoattack also has a 2s evade built into it and chases the target everywhere?

thief vault

in PvP

Methods.4023

I wish I took a screen shot but didn’t think about it at the time because I was in middle of a match. Also don’t care if people don’t believe me all I want is anet to look at this because something not right. I was on my thief with carrion amulet using d/d and have 20k health.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Only time I’ve hit 22k vaults is in Dragon’s Stand PvE.

This doesn’t happen in PvP. Even if that thief was running DA/DD/CS with scholar runes, berserker amulet, and full damage everything else, he could MAYBE hit 12k? 22k doesn’t happen. MAYBE if he had his teammates running banners and supporting him with tons of might, but you said he was alone, right? 22k vault didn’t happen.

Edit: Also if you heard a trap go off are you sure it wasn’t DH traps? They can definitely 100-0 someone.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

if he was trapper rune then is power was low as trapper rune are condi base.

and with 1800 armor of carrion you wear the dmg could be if its crit around 7k and with air and fire sigil another 2k.

but no 22k dmg

did you watch how many hits? cause it can state 22k dmg on 3 hits

thief vault

in PvP

Methods.4023

One hit from vault that’s it and he was trapper rune.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

what class were you?.
were you in full health?
did the thief use impact strike to finish you?

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: bbp.5762

bbp.5762

The crap that people complain about regarding thief is just insane lol! Almost every single other class is over tuned from the expansion and even warrior who is in a bad spot hit a 19k in that screen shot above ^^. Point being that every class has some high hitting skills right now but learn to counter play instead of crying nerf to fourms when we don’t even know if that 22k dmg even happened. If I were to complain id be posting about DH traps every day which are obviously overturned because they deff can 100-0 someone. Instead tho I took it upon myself to duel a few and figure out how to counter.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

That seems a little exaggerated considering vault has a coefficient of 2.25 where backstab has a multiplier of 2.4. The highest damage I’ve done in PvP was 16k on a might stacking build using signets with both DA and CS, precasting BS into steal with revealed training. Even if you could make up the coefficients frim DA, CS, or Trickery with havoc master, staff master, and dodging for the coefficient from Bounding Dodger+stacking might, I would find it hard to get all the way up to 22k. If it was trapper runes for the stealth, that means it didn’t even get power bonuses and coefficients from the runes.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

thief vault

in PvP

Methods.4023

I was on my thief with full health at 20k no one else was around. I’m gonna try tonight or tomorrow to replicate with my friend what happen. Check my past posts I don’t troll. There is most likely a bug to why he hit for 22k and again he was stealth and could not see it coming. Just a matter of time before people figure this out and they start using it. Then we will see the flood of cries coming in. So if you don’t upstanding the problem this possess don’t post.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Chances are he was hit with the AA full chain first, then hit with vault. This would show the 22k damage, but it’s from multiple attacks.

thief vault

in PvP

Methods.4023

It said vault 22000 funny thing is it was exactly 22000 and there were no other skills used

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

It said vault 22000 funny thing is it was exactly 22000 and there were no other skills used

You are lying. You have no proof. Stop posting BS to get something you personally refuse to handle unnecessarily nerfed.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

thief vault

in PvP

Methods.4023

Wow I said nothing about nerf , it’s most likely a bug

thief vault

in PvP

Kolly.9872

Then replicate it. Screenshot it or better record it. So we can discuss about something. Until then this topic is bullkitten.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

I guess it was only vault dmg showing up there but OP did forget to mention that it was more than one vault he was Hit by..

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Tercian.5709

Tercian.5709

Screen shot or it did not happen please 22k wow can’t hit more than 8k please troll got back to you cave.

thief vault

in PvP

Azure Prower.8701

Then replicate it. Screenshot it or better record it. So we can discuss about something. Until then this topic is bullkitten.

I’m going with this until OP proves otherwise.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

This thread has no sense w/o screenshots.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

One explanation could be a lag spike for 2 sec just when the thief attacked. In that time there could’ve been 3 vaults and combat log groupped them into single row. Log is often leaving data out.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Vault is the new backstab, where people increase the numbers double before talking about it it seems.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

thief vault

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

My personal guess: Your armor was completely broken and you ran around with 0 armor.

(The only two other options are a) bug or b) you are lying.)

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend