this meta sucks

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

Could we at least get paid for sitting through these boring as kitten matches?

Is anyone else bored of facing 2 bunker gaurds/cele necro/dd ele comps?

Or fighting against burning builds, and I’d like to point out Burn Guard is now the meta..

Really Anet? This is the new meta? These builds are easier to play than shoutbow, cele engi, etc.. OK maybe not shoutbow but I remember cele engi duels would end at a certain point with a victor, as opposed to watching two eles kite off and on the point and sustain the kitten out of it in a battle that generally lasts over 2 minutes…

I don’t understand how this is acceptable?

And if you’re going to ignore how kittenty this meta is could you at least recommend some other games with PvP that we can play until you get around to fixing things that are broken?

It only took you six months to fix the turret engi…

At this point I don’t even see a reason to buy the expansion if you’re just going to introduce more aids mechanics or broken classes, and not even fix the meta that we’re in…(Including slow and taunt… I thought setting up a burst, getting people to use their dodges..etc is more exciting then seeing someone use a daze/taunt combo and get a full 10k burst off in the time that taunt lasts, sorry if that offends you but never has it been so easy to set up a burst as it is now)

4 D/D eles competing in new tournaments is considered esports right now? You’ve got to be kidding

Dusty Dawg

(edited by jbondo.9817)

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Well, the problem you are reporting here is DD ele (as always), not the meta itself. I mean, two cele necros dueling dont last that much

M I L K B O I S

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

+1 to op

This is so much kittening worse than the last meta. Either all bunker guards and dd eles or kittening zerk classes with 3 kittening invulns to save their kitten from any spike damage. I honestly didnt thinm that it could get any more passive than the last meta but there is anet again, always suprising us

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Current meta is the outcome of the stat removal from trait line. Remember these threads? and how everyone thought it was really good to have high damage?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Damage-is-way-to-high/page/2#post5206670
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Does-damage-seem-a-bit-high-after-the-patch
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Damage-Condition-overload-clutter
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/warrior-rant-damage-rant-pvp-rant-ele-rant

Basically in a conquest game, surviving and holding nodes are more important than killing and fighting off nodes. The higher the damage from marauder/zerker amulet, the more people would want bunkier specs to hold onto nodes. Now we have bunker guards back in the meta with d/d eles, although in previous meta d/d eles were called out for their toughness and sustain, and now its just sustain.

Reflect on this people. The more damage in conquest, more defensively people will build.

Tour

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

just wait for the celestial berserk warrior long bow torch builds.

We shall fight fire with fire!

BURNZERKER!

Im sure everyone will be happy then…

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

You forgot to include the Condi mesmer in your list, that stuff needs to get out asap.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I think it’s also the fact PvPers have been playing nothing but conquest…and the build variations have never really changed. The only reason necro is even in right now is because it’s the only class that can keep Ele in check.

Hopefully stronghold will give us a nice game mode that utilizes and capitalizes on multiple roles.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

flips mullet

Cele ele isn’t the entire meta game brah.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

I don’t know… I’m having a lot of fun still. At least you know that 90% of all those ele are really bad at it. Hahaha

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It was funny how many clueless people came to the forums and whined about the dps when the patch first game out.

The fact is that this is the most boring meta yet given that bunkers > DPS. I just played my absolute most boring match ever. It is not fun

this meta sucks

in PvP

jbondo.9817

it was a bit broken with mesmer/engi/rampage sort but honestly it was a lot of fun, and I’d prefer a dps themed meta over a bunch of bunkers..

it really has dragged this game down quiet a bit I believe this game would shine if it had that FPS feel to it, if they had balanced out the classes so it was possible to kill eachother on zerk/mar what have you and still give classes that can’t teleport a way to travel just balance out the mobility it’d be a lot of fun, but we’re probably going to be stuck with this soldier engi/cele necro/ddele/bunker guard kitten for the next couple of months

Dusty Dawg

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

Bunker guard… I feel like the only one in the game; most I see are burns. 2 bunker guards is actually pretty bad and can be easily out-rotated too.

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I don’t understand those complains.

This is high quality eSport.
Competitive and balanced.

And this is definitely l2p issue.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

What happens you will have 2 shatter Mesmers in your team against the comps you stated.

If they are coordinated and open up from Stealth to D/D Ele’s they will instagib him.

So your actual problem is your team is not built to counter the other team and while this is solo queue there is no coordination.

So it is not a META thing but solo queue problem.

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I understand these complaints, I’ve ran into a few games where both teams were too tanky and the game dragged on forever. It was really dull. However, I think the core of the problem is more about build diversity than anything, the fact that often you can’t beat profession X with profession Y, or you need a specific build to counter profession X. Viable builds are only a few per profession and some professions will always be stuck in a dps role while others have more choices. Burning dmg and how easily you can stack it up on certain professions is also a problem imo.

And while I’m at it, I don’t see what exactly thief is supposed to, or able to counter these days.

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Doesn’t ranger have more burns than guard?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

More stats combos for amulets (4 combos please)

conditions should be icing on the cake unless youre built around conditions ( threatening but not lethal after a few seconds)

Celestial amulet should have a portion of its defensive stats put into offensive stats instead.

RNG traits removed from game.

Fix useless abilities on weapons

Is this too much too ask? Maybe next year plz?

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

As soemone else put it the other day.

People don’t like blowing up, so instead of squishy builds they have divided into bunker,bruiser(less) and zerker.

Lower raw stats a bit and matches will be more exiting again.

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Necromonger.4970

Necromonger.4970

What happens you will have 2 shatter Mesmers in your team against the comps you stated.

If they are coordinated and open up from Stealth to D/D Ele’s they will instagib him.

So your actual problem is your team is not built to counter the other team and while this is solo queue there is no coordination.

You mean something like this(only two mesmers and the necro were in party)
I don’t now what’s more fun, getting instagibbed from stealth or tickling each other to death.

Attachments:

(edited by Necromonger.4970)

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I don’t now what’s more fun, getting instagibbed from stealth or tickling each other to death.

Yep, when I see that much Mesm in a match, I directly switch to Stonehart build (I have a 2nd Ele), but what would you do this is solo queue.

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Daaaaaayum seems like you took damage like a champ Top PLayer in damage taken. Target practice? xD

I feel your point

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

Hahaha I still can’t believe I haven’t run into more matches like this… If I saw that, I would just sit back and enjoy the ride. I mean… How often does this happen? Gotta love that comp.

this meta sucks

in PvP

jbondo.9817

I don’t understand those complains.

This is high quality eSport.
Competitive and balanced.

And this is definitely l2p issue.

Yeah I suppose I should get on thief and spam auto attack like you do, then I’ll learn the game, or perhaps fail at the mesmer/thief burst some more.

Dusty Dawg

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

if a 4 mes comp team (and by the way 2 mes or 2 ele comp teams are extremely common) doesnt raise a flag in the Department of PvP Statistics at ANET, i dont know what will.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

this meta sucks

in PvP

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

if a 4 mes comp team (and by the way 2 mes or 2 ele comp teams are extremely common) doesnt raise a flag in the Department of PvP Statistics at ANET, i dont know what will.

Dailies have an influence on the statistics as well. So I wouldnt say it flags anything.