this power creep is boring

in PvP

Posted by: Argilla.8340

Argilla.8340

Honestly, it took 2 years to rebalance this game and all youre doing is destroying all the balance you had over this time

Just think logicly for a second, this won’t benefit anyone

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

It’s true, the game is probably the most balanced it’s ever been, and it’s likely about to start from scratch again.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

We need new stuff. This meta has been around too long and I am bored to tears of running the same spec for 2+ years.

But I agree that power creep might seem “cool” but uncounterable stuff will hurt in the long run as it creates a frustrating experience. Think grenade launchers from call of duty.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Honestly, it took 2 years to rebalance this game and all youre doing is destroying all the balance you had over this time

And you think ArenaNet is the only developer who has done this?
Riot says “hi, we do this and our game THE Esport.”

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

power is boring? lol…power spec are hands down unrivalled the least passive specs of all…viable or unviable but healing condi and cele specs are the passive aka boring ones….new to pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

power is boring? lol…power spec are hands down unrivalled the least passive specs of all…viable or unviable but healing condi and cele specs are the passive aka boring ones….new to pvp?

They mean boring in terms of reliance on passive fire/air sigil procs to facilitate burst on skills like autoattacks that shouldn’t burst on most classes.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

power creep =/= power spec

At this point, I really think you’re just trolling, it’s not possible someone would be serious and make posts like you.

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

They mean boring in terms of reliance on passive fire/air sigil procs to facilitate burst on skills like autoattacks that shouldn’t burst on most classes.

ah ok…then name these sigils more specifically…but yea I don’t mind those being nerved abit

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

At this point, I really think you’re just trolling, it’s not possible someone would be serious and make posts like you.

why? condi cele specs are like 10000000% more passive to play specs…why would I be trolling cause you don’t like it cause yr a condi or cele player? why?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Because people find game stagnant and they will leave.
They need something brand new to bring back players even if that means they have to rebuild balance from scratch.
Also, devs may like a chance to overhaul everything so that they can implement some of their more crazy ideas.
It’s more fun in the end for both players and devs.

in PvP

Argilla.8340

They need something brand new to bring back players even if that means they have to rebuild balance from scratch.
Also, devs may like a chance to overhaul everything so that they can implement some of their more crazy ideas.

It’s not fun if the meta took 2 years to estabilish in the ESL scene

All this is doing is destroying esports and make anet looks like bunch of idiots

in PvP

Laraley.7695

why? condi cele specs are like 10000000% more passive to play specs…why would I be trolling cause you don’t like it cause yr a condi or cele player? why?

Because you’re talking about something else. Power creep doesn’t mean power spec.

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Because you’re talking about something else. Power creep doesn’t mean power spec.

in that case ill wave the white flag and burn my ship.

in PvP

Argilla.8340

And WTS is also just around the corner and changing all of this before it.. just what are you thinking

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

And WTS is also just around the corner and changing all of this before it.. just what are you thinking

They are thinking that the enjoyment and future of the game is more important than a tournament that only about 100 people in gw2 care about.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

They can play it on private servers using an old build of the game if they want. Playing it with this new system would be a bad choice. Not that the new trait system concept is bad; the traits and numbers are just too unrefined.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

cele is getting nerfed with condi scaling, so youre not gonna keep running the current meta crap. you’ll want some new toys.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

cele is getting nerfed with condi scaling, so youre not gonna keep running the current meta crap. you’ll want some new toys.

Not really. The percent of stats in celestial vs. a triple-stat amulet is decreasing slightly, but the total stats on both are increasing to compensate for removal of stats from traits. Given that, the celestial amulet in PvP will probably end up with between 500-600 to each stat. The point where current condi scaling crosses new condi scaling is around around 700 condition damage. So the condition ticks from celestial builds won’t be that far off from where they are on live. If you have a celestial build which can stack might e.g. shoutbow, it might even eclipse its current condition damage.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It’s not fun if the meta took 2 years to estabilish in the ESL scene

All this is doing is destroying esports and make anet looks like bunch of idiots

If you think that GW2 is anywhere close to ‘established’ as a legitimate esport, then you’re just fooling yourself. Nothing about GW2 PvP is a solid and established esport, in any sense of the word. Anet has been throwing buckets of money at it in a futile attempt to make it work, and it hasn’t.

The meta is due for a massive shakeup, and that’s what this patch is going to deliver. It’ll ramp up interest in the game again, get new players back into PvP, and actually help rebuild the PvP community to an extent. The only people moaning about this are the 3 people that like stale metas. They’re loud, but not very common.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Not really. The percent of stats in celestial vs. a triple-stat amulet is decreasing slightly, but the total stats on both are increasing to compensate for removal of stats from traits. Given that, the celestial amulet in PvP will probably end up with between 500-600 to each stat. The point where current condi scaling crosses new condi scaling is around around 700 condition damage. So the condition ticks from celestial builds won’t be that far off from where they are on live. If you have a celestial build which can stack might e.g. shoutbow, it might even eclipse its current condition damage.

i believe cele’s condi ticks will be drastically lower than they are on live now.

in PvP

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The only thing that will really cause me any grief is having to replace gear. I’ve got 16 characters, each of which have at least two gear sets for builds, some have 3 or more…

Ugh. Luckily the majority of it should transfer over fine, but there’s a good chunk of it that doesn’t seem like it’ll fit anymore.

Mind you that doesn’t really apply in sPvP, perhaps this was the wrong thread to express this.

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

I really hope anet is just trolling and its a late april fools joke, just plain stupid to do these changes without having some actual players test this on a test realm or something

The live server is the test server, we’re all guinea pigs. The PvP leaderboard season was like that too, release it to players and watch the complaints about bad matchmaking as feedback to tune the system.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I love how when balances dont favor every class, its “Anet doesnt want to nerf their beloved op [x]” but when they do, its “power creep wow”.

Entertaining.

PvP was boring before. Maybe we’ll see some fresh new specs now.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

thief war mes ele will stay the same

dps guard might change slightly

engi will change

rangers and necros still bottomfeeders

^so no, not much will change, probably.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

Necros maybe, Rangers nah. Maybe Reaper will bring them up to par, and still have to see how the condi changes affect them.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.4701

Sweetbread.4701

It’s been pretty apparent that Anet doesn’t give a kitten about actually balancing their game. The fact that the current meta can be called “the most balanced it’s ever been” is REALLY sad since it’s basically just dominated by whichever builds have the least counterplay/the worst design. We haven’t been getting any actual meaningful balance changes so they might as well spice it up a bit and open up some crazy new build options instead. Who knows, maybe when everything’s overhauled they’ll actually commit to toning down the mind blowingly obvious OP kitten, but I’m not exactly holding my breath.

in PvP

Azure The Heartless.3261

I think they’re just breaking everyone until people give up with complaining and leave or adapt.

If thats the case they need to break necro more, but reaper might do that…

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Necros maybe, Rangers nah. Maybe Reaper will bring them up to par, and still have to see how the condi changes affect them.

then tell me what is the benefit of having a ranger (with the new changes) in your team?

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I really hope anet is just trolling and its a late april fools joke, just plain stupid to do these changes without having some actual players test this on a test realm or something

You are so completely wrong. The game needed some changes. It was getting stale.

Oh, and lol at your comment about killing esports. ANET needs to try something at this point to actually make it an esport. It’s just sad when big tournaments can only pull in 700-1200 viewers.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

then tell me what is the benefit of having a ranger (with the new changes) in your team?

I don’t think anyone can say what’s gonna be good atm. Things need to be tested first. Idk about rangers, but they should stop acting like they’re the most hurt profession in the game by these changes. Necros are.

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

No it isn’t heavy classes get nerfed they are the most boring ones anyway

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

It’s been pretty apparent that Anet doesn’t give a kitten about actually balancing their game. The fact that the current meta can be called “the most balanced it’s ever been” is REALLY sad since it’s basically just dominated by whichever builds have the least counterplay/the worst design. We haven’t been getting any actual meaningful balance changes so they might as well spice it up a bit and open up some crazy new build options instead. Who knows, maybe when everything’s overhauled they’ll actually commit to toning down the mind blowingly obvious OP kitten, but I’m not exactly holding my breath.

As much as I dog on I Arena net for their terrible balance, it might be a good idea to tone down on the hyperbole just a little bit.

You can’t make an argument that they don’t care about balance after releasing all these changes. Although I don’t like the changes for the elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.4701

Sweetbread.4701

As much as I dog on I Arena net for their terrible balance, it might be a good idea to tone down on the hyperbole just a little bit.

You can’t make an argument that they don’t care about balance after releasing all these changes. Although I don’t like the changes for the elementalist.

I can definitely make an argument based on their past performance though. Some of these changes are good and there’s a lot of useless traits being made more desirable, but there’s also a lot of stuff that makes absolutely no sense and a lot of long term, problematic skills/traits that have had nothing done to bring them in line or they’ve just been outright buffed for whatever reason. Unless they actually hunker down and do some meaningful balance updates on a timely schedule this is just going to be a bursty clusterkitten with insanely low time to kill on basically everything.

in PvP

Posted by: tyresias.2306

tyresias.2306

I don’t think anyone can say what’s gonna be good atm. Things need to be tested first. Idk about rangers, but they should stop acting like they’re the most hurt profession in the game by these changes. Necros are.

I am mostly playing an engineer, and sometimes Mesmer in PvP, and I was so happy reading the upcoming changes (especially for the cond builds I enjoy). I thought ‘’what a wonderful way to shake up our classes’’, everyone must have gotten the same treatment. And then I read the necro and to a lesser extend, the ranger changes. Wow. What a sad thing to behold. I respect seeing a good necro or ranger in pvp and I was rooting for you guys getting some justice after all this time to bring you back in the battlegrounds, but that was just….

What baffles me is the confidence of the developers about the upcoming GROUNDBREAKING necro changes. I laughed, but then I realized how many people were looking forward to that… only to get slapped in the face. I do hope power Reaper will get to see some play though, as it looks like a fearsome and fun enemy to deal with.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

They are going to use WTS to showcase the changes. I’ve been aware of your crude tactics since release anet.

in PvP

Posted by: swaghaft.1732

swaghaft.1732

Oh, and lol at your comment about killing esports. ANET needs to try something at this point to actually make it an esport. It’s just sad when big tournaments can only pull in 700-1200 viewers.

yeah gw2 is dead right now

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I am glad this is happening, the classes I play the most are not part of the meta, so I am glad there is a chance to “reset” and let see how things play out.

The people that are crying because their mains are part of the meta, that’s just too bad.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I am glad this is happening, the classes I play the most are not part of the meta, so I am glad there is a chance to “reset” and let see how things play out.

The people that are crying because their mains are part of the meta, that’s just too bad.

Really? What do you play? My impression from the changes is that they reinforce the meta (exception: mesmer).

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Really? What do you play? My impression from the changes is that they reinforce the meta (exception: mesmer).

Are you saying that mesmers either weren’t part of the meta at all or are you saying that mesmers won’t be part of the meta? Because neither is true. They definitely weren’t as common as thieves, but they were still played way more than ranger or necro. At least on EU.

in PvP

Salamander.2504

Are you saying that mesmers either weren’t part of the meta at all or are you saying that mesmers won’t be part of the meta? Because neither is true. They definitely weren’t as common as thieves, but they were still played way more than ranger or necro. At least on EU.

My comment was pointing out that most classes currently in the meta got buffed (Ele, Engi, Guard, Thief), and those that aren’t in the meta got nerfed (notably necro); I haven’t read up on the ranger/warrior changes yet. The exception to this is the mesmer, which was not meta and got a buff.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

My comment was pointing out that most classes currently in the meta got buffed (Ele, Engi, Guard, Thief), and those that aren’t in the meta got nerfed (notably necro); I haven’t read up on the ranger/warrior changes yet. The exception to this is the mesmer, which was not meta and got a buff.

What are you smoking? Mesmers got the most buffs of all.

in PvP

Salamander.2504

Yeah man, reread my post o0

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Oh yeah, I missed that. But still applies what I said before. At least on EU mesmers were seen quite often.

in PvP

Salamander.2504

Oh yeah, I missed that. But still applies what I said before. At least on EU mesmers were seen quite often.

I’m not really arguing that, just noting that the current meta (Yes to Engi, Ele, Guard, Thief, No to Necro) is reinforced: That is, meta builds were buffed, non-meta builds were nerfed). The exception to this** is Mesmers, because they aren’t technically meta (despite your numerous mesmer-sightings), and they were buffed. Cheers.

**I haven’t included warrior or ranger because I haven’t read their changes yet.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I’m not really arguing that, just noting that the current meta (Yes to Engi, Ele, Guard, Thief, No to Necro) is reinforced: That is, meta builds were buffed, non-meta builds were nerfed). The exception to this** is Mesmers, because they aren’t technically meta (despite your numerous mesmer-sightings), and they were buffed. Cheers.

**I haven’t included warrior or ranger because I haven’t read their changes yet.

Warriors and eles are part of meta and they didn’t really recieve that many buffs. Necros and warriors have it the worst, though. I seriously don’t think mesmers were in such a bad spot and needed these ridiculous buffs.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Engi ele thief got buffs. People overrate the mesmer changes by alot. Alot. Mesmer isnt even very good ATM and is used for portal and moa. The main reason mesmer can spike is because a thief stealths them. All in all, thief will hardcounter just as hard and ele and engi and thief got thr biggest buffs

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Engi ele thief got buffs. People overrate the mesmer changes by alot. Alot. Mesmer isnt even very good ATM and is used for portal and moa. The main reason mesmer can spike is because a thief stealths them. All in all, thief will hardcounter just as hard and ele and engi and thief got thr biggest buffs

Are you seriously telling me mesers didn’t get buffed? They got buffed the most along with engis.

The buffs to ele were medicore, I seriously don’t know what people are talking about. Either they do not understand the class and realize many buffs were to just replace nerfed things or the impossibility of taking some new traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Zunami.8560

Zunami.8560

No, power specs actually require the least skill since they can kill with less skills without worrying about counter play.

Power rangers usually find high ground and pew pew by themselves.

Mesmers will throw out phantoms and decoys and hide. Engaging only when 1 on 1 to do damage and then hide again.

Thieves attack and hide, over and over again… If they can’t win they run away.

Warriors and necromancers. Have Lich and rampage which are ridiculously strong as power spec.

Most power specs have no need stomping opponents as they can kill them just as fast bypassing the need for stability to stomp. They also don’t need to rez allies as they can burn down and kill any opponent trying to down your ally.

When it comes to power spec vs power spec, whoever gets the first hit often wins leaving little counterplay. In fact, there is more counter play when its cele or rapid vs a power spec then one power spec vs another unless its an actual duel and both opponents are aware of each other.

Why don’t all classes run power spec? Because other classes can’t engage and disengage like other classes or just can’t put out the same amount of burst as easily. Making them easy targets for other power classes.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

For the record, the only mesmer in NA thats even close to prominent in pvp these days is Supcutie, and I’m pretty sure he used to be a thief main and/or played many tournies in the past year as a thief.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Laraley.7695

For the record, the only mesmer in NA thats even close to prominent in pvp these days is Supcutie, and I’m pretty sure he used to be a thief main and/or played many tournies in the past year as a thief.

I don’t really watch the NA tournies that often, but pretty sure it was the other way around with Supcutie. There are several mesmers on EU appearing in tournies, though.