to many noobs in tourneys

in PvP

Posted by: StRaWberryCrEaM.4875

StRaWberryCrEaM.4875

I hate them with all my heart a net should make a certain ranked cap for unlocking tourneys

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

^This.
I have four champ titles and have never seen so much well….noobness in pvp up until now.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

If you hate noobs you must want this game to die off completely, or are dumb as anything.

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

I’ve never seen so many PU mesmers though.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

jportell.2197

I’ve never seen so many PU mesmers though.

That’s because someone heard that it was good for capturing the point. Oh wait.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

According to Anet, our job is to teach them. Because…that’s why we play. To teach.

in PvP

StRaWberryCrEaM.4875

but why would they go in a tourneys without knowing how to play thats why we need a certain rank to unlocked ranked matches

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i would rather have more players in pvp having fun even when they are noobs than you toxic guys posting in this tread here

when you think you should get better teammates than you should play better to get higher MMR – when you can´t than this people are exact like you

have a nice day

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

jportell.2197

i would rather have more players in pvp which have fun even when they are noobs than you toxic guys posting in this tread here

when you think you should get better teammates than you have now you should play better to get higher MMR – when you can´t than this people are exact like you

have a nice day

See the thing is people start out with a high MMR. And THEN it goes down when they start losing. Don’t believe me? Look at the top of the leaderboards. The highest person had something like 13 wins and 6 losses…. Yeah that’s pro…. The MMR is broken and will continue to be broken until there is some barrier to entry to soloques such as a minimum rank.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i would rather have more players in pvp which have fun even when they are noobs than you toxic guys posting in this tread here

when you think you should get better teammates than you have now you should play better to get higher MMR – when you can´t than this people are exact like you

have a nice day

See the thing is people start out with a high MMR. And THEN it goes down when they start losing. Don’t believe me? Look at the top of the leaderboards. The highest person had something like 13 wins and 6 losses…. Yeah that’s pro…. The MMR is broken and will continue to be broken until there is some barrier to entry to soloques such as a minimum rank.

i know this – people start with to high MMR and this need to be fixed BUT than you guys should write this

and not call new players noobs – this is not what we need

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80! I am posting on my frand’s account!

The PvP community is TINY! If you want it to grow, it needs new people. New people are bad. But they will get better. They’ll probably be better than you very soon!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

jportell.2197

have a nice day

i know this – people start with to high MMR and this need to be fixed BUT than you guys should write this

and not call new players noobs – this is not what we need

We also don’t need people that have never ever played any pvp outside of wvw zergfest/roaming (and that is not as hard as people think), in ranked solo tournaments with people that are actually trying to enjoy the game. However the game is very difficult to enjoy when you are in what should be a ranked match and the people on your team ALL go to home at the same time and then all subsequently leave home just to be backcapped…. And they wonder why they lost when “we got so many points I scored so many more points than these people!” Meaning they clearly don’t get where the points come from. And it is not something that should be explained IN THE MIDDLE OF A RANKED MATCH!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

StRaWberryCrEaM.4875

having fun is wining

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

thats what happens when they remove all of the 8v8 servers and add a cap to progress in hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

The pve folks want the pvp rewards now, removing the hotjoin cap for tracks might help this.

in PvP

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Only rank 10+ should be able to do tourney’s IMO.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Rank 10 may be too low. However it would be a start.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

StRaWberryCrEaM.4875

30 plus would be great

in PvP

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

What will a rank req change? People that never played tourneys/ the point cap game have obviously no clue how spvp works and by putting a rank req to do tourneys that won’t change.

Hotjoin and custom arenas are no learning place, all people learn in there is how to zerg. Now you want to have a barrier of entry so people have to zerg longer?
They won’t learn how conquest is played by having them zerg longer. The only way they will learn the game mode is by having them play it.
Atleast as long as there is no better system in place than hotjoin/tourneys to teach people.

The current situation is certainly not ideal but having a req only to meet rank 10/30/ w/e players that still have no clue about conq won’t help a lot….

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I have to agree. Its pretty evident that in the last couple of days the influx of inexperienced players in sPvP has reached a level where its almost impossible to have a reasonably good match. Its especially frustrating in ranked matches.

There really should be some kind of barrier which prevents that like a rank 10+ requirement to enter ranked or something similar. To be honest I miss the old tournament ticket system where you actually had to earn the right to enter ranked arenas

Hotjoin and custom arenas are no learning place, all people learn in there is how to zerg. Now you want to have a barrier of entry so people have to zerg longer?

That is only correct to an extent. You still learn some of the very important basics like special map features (orbs, buffs etc.) Not to mention that the removal of ANet’s custom 8vs8 arenas actually almost completely removes zerging as an option if you want to win.

(edited by holodoc.5748)

in PvP

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

Now that HOTJOIN is 5vs5…yes…maybe this game-mode can help players to have IDEA what is tattic.

So…r30+, than welcome in TOURNEY. In those 2 days I have played 80% of my matches with people that cap a point in 2 people or not defending a capped point (RUN AWAYYYY!).

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Anet still does a crappy job of directing new players to hot joins rather than tournaments and now we can’t even do so ourselves as rank is obscured.

But, relax and give it some time because these things will happen:

1. Some of the new players keep playing and become experienced players.
2. Some of the new players stop playing PvP so frequently.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Hello frands! Vee Wee here #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80! I am posting on my frand’s account!

The PvP community is TINY! If you want it to grow, it needs new people. New people are bad. But they will get better. They’ll probably be better than you very soon!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I completely agree with this. Help the people, don’t call them noobs. We need them or we will never have “esports”

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I completely agree with this. Help the people, don’t call them noobs. We need them or we will never have “esports”

We have esports. Twitch “BLU42”, he’s the streamer from ESL.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

A little poorly worded, but yes the quality of pvp has gone into the gutter since patch. Everyone who has grinded pve endlessly is swanning around pvp with no clue what to do and it’s horrendous in solo que, it’s worse than any hotjoin I’ve ever seen.

Matches are so volatile, most end up being a 500-100 type ending, people are making the most ridiculous plays, don’t have any pvp awareness and that ‘mentor role’ thing is BS, people do not want to be mentored, you just gave them a shiny title that used to have some amount of prestige credited to it and now they think they are the mut’s nuts/too good to be told to stay at close.

I hate what this patch has done, I hate it so much

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

The amount of falsely self justified elitism in this thread is hilarious considering this game mode is a kittenization of competition

in PvP

Posted by: Akeif.7491

Akeif.7491

I’ve played over 900 hours and rank 25 in PvP and you guys just want to win for points. You kitten everybody when you don’t win.
Since the patch i’ve been in loosing team and there’s always someone who kitten about ‘noobs’ and rage about something.

Go in team arena and tournaments if you want stiffer competition. Anybody can run serious tournaments with custom arenas.

But you wouldn’t want to loose there either. If you want to win, help your fellow team mate instead of raging and kittening.

in PvP

Akeif.7491

This patch is awesome by the way, and of course PvErs will come and try PvP. Try recruiting them and helping them out instead so they can actualy enjoy the game.

And hot join was always a mess so it doesn’t matter much anyway. I wanted to do PvP only since the start but didn’t cause I wanted some character progression.

PvEers that don’t like PvP will leave someday. And I’ve been in quite a few hard matches.

You guys should look forward instead of behind. It’s gonna be fine in a few weeks.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I’ve played over 900 hours and rank 25 in PvP and you guys just want to win for points. You kitten everybody when you don’t win.
Since the patch i’ve been in loosing team and there’s always someone who kitten about ‘noobs’ and rage about something.

You can get to rank 25 in 1 week of playing, but rather than put you down I will say that yes we play to win and yes we do do team tournaments, which are also full of new people that leave points. No ones perfect but when people simply refuse to read chat because they don’t like being told what or how to play, that’s the problem. I wish I could try and teach new players the mechanics so they can improve, but most of them don’t listen and one person told me to stop telling him what to do as he knew how to play…:)

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

(edited by Benjamin.8237)

in PvP

Akeif.7491

I agree. I played this game for 2 years and played 460 sPvP games. Used to enjoy using chat before.

There’s a difference between tutoring people and just shouting out insults. Tutoring also need learning and it’s a skill that few have in sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I played a match on Foefire last night and none of my teammates would fight on point lol. They’d cap sides and 10 seconds later enemy would decap both because they all pushed mid. Or I would call target on an enemy condi necro and no one would take my target, or call another target. Miraculously we won 500-400 not sure how.

I think people having a high starting MMR can be a problem if they have to face really good teams, maybe start them off lower on the leaderboard. More importantly there has to be a mandatory guide that explains how to fight on point and rotate. The basic tutorial about stomping and shooting the treb is not good enough, they need to learn map awareness. Maybe post a link to Josh Davis’ guide and make it available as a link in the game

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

I played a match on Foefire last night and none of my teammates would fight on point lol. They’d cap sides and 10 seconds later enemy would decap both because they all pushed mid. Miraculously we won 500-400 not sure how.

I think people having a high starting MMR can be a problem if they have to face really good teams, maybe start them off lower on the leaderboard. More importantly there has to be a mandatory guide that explains how to fight on point and rotate. The basic tutorial about stomping and shooting the treb is not good enough, they need to learn map awareness. Maybe post a link to Josh Davis’ guide and make it available as a link in the game

My biggest woes are; stomp/res awareness there’s so many times when we’ve basically won mid but someone needs stomping or ressing and the guy you are shouting at through your screen is just swinging their hammer and suddenly the other team get a player back up and the fight you’ve just essentially won takes a 180.

But yeah people abandoning points/using hotjoin tactics etc are big problems atm

in PvP

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

It doesn’t help that hotjoin is lower in the menu than the game browser, I can understand people getting fed up if they do go into Hotjoin and are only able to spectate due to the new 5v5 format then decide to go for arenas instead.

in PvP

Posted by: Angel.4581

Angel.4581

Easy fix for this, team up with people you know are good players, go to tourneys and enjoy the wins

I’ve been having a blast the last matches I played.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

Easy fix for this, team up with people you know are good players, go to tourneys and enjoy the wins

I’ve been having a blast the last matches I played.

Gee man, no one ever thought of that, what a true genious idea…

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

I hate them with all my heart a net should make a certain ranked cap for unlocking tourneys

You sound like a mean person, I don’t really like you much. But I agree with the flood of newer players into tournaments. The problem is the fact that newer players are forced to go into it if they still want to go down the rank track, past the daily limit.. If A-Net stops the limit we wouldn’t have a flood of newer players in Tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

10 rank – solo
20 rank – team

its not so much, you can achiev 10 rank in 1-3 days relax playing.

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I played a match on Foefire last night and none of my teammates would fight on point lol. They’d cap sides and 10 seconds later enemy would decap both because they all pushed mid. Or I would call target on an enemy condi necro and no one would take my target, or call another target. Miraculously we won 500-400 not sure how.

Another thing I have noticed is mid tier sPvP players yelling at people making good decisions because they don’t understand them. For example if I was on your team, and were in a team fight and you were standing on the point, I would not be until you started to get lower in health and needed to move out of the AoE. Having everyone (even your squishies) stand in the aoe on the ring is a rather bad strat. If you were on the point they did right in not taking the damage as well as long as they stayed very close to the border of the point.

Not necessarily saying that is the case, but I’ve noticed a lot of ok sPvPers all of the sudden think they are gods and tell everyone what to do, even when they are wrong.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

All it takes to know who will win is going to http://www.gw2score.com/PvP and seeing how many people have less than 50 games or don’t even show up on each team, the one with the most loses every time. Bonus points if the PvE hero has a legendary.

in PvP

XacTactX.6709

I played a match on Foefire last night and none of my teammates would fight on point lol. They’d cap sides and 10 seconds later enemy would decap both because they all pushed mid. Miraculously we won 500-400 not sure how.

My biggest woes are; stomp/res awareness there’s so many times when we’ve basically won mid but someone needs stomping or ressing and the guy you are shouting at through your screen is just swinging their hammer and suddenly the other team get a player back up and the fight you’ve just essentially won takes a 180.

But yeah people abandoning points/using hotjoin tactics etc are big problems atm

You are right, sometimes a downed enemy has 10% health and my teammates do a 3 second stomp. Or they stomp without stability against classes with CC on downed. Or they try to stomp a teleport class like a thief or mesmer instead of cleaving the corpse, or they try to cleave down warriors and necros instead of stomping. I have to give kudos to ANet for making it a deep and complex system but some players throw away fights when they screw it up.

We should release a guide that explains health pools and skills in the downed state, it would help new players alot.

we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

All it takes to know who will win is going to http://www.gw2score.com/PvP and seeing how many people have less than 50 games or don’t even show up on each team, the one with the most loses every time. Bonus points if the PvE hero has a legendary.

You can have a legendary and still be good at PvP…. :P

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

ANet just needs to force players to player 50-100 hotjoin games before they can enter solo/team queue.

Either that, or hide the arena button and make it harder for new players to wander into solo/team queue.

The past week has just been an absolute mess, with most of the time spent teaching people not to stack on home at the beginning, how to rotate, how to player their class, and that you can’t go back to PvE until the match is over(lololol this happens way too often, with people leaving then reconnecting and going “wtf”).

in PvP

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Simply remove rewards or make them all the same wheter you loose or win.

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

Simply remove rewards or make them all the same wheter you loose or win.

and what is a point to win?
just stand afk>lose>get your same reward as winner>repeat>?>profit

and i dont want to be rewarded as newbies from hotjoin. reward must be based on painstaking and results.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Go in team arena and tournaments if you want stiffer competition. Anybody can run serious tournaments with custom arenas.

But you wouldn’t want to loose there either. If you want to win, help your fellow team mate instead of raging and kittening.

Wow… I’m sorry but r 25 isn’t the most difficult thing in the world….. and I agree on helping teammates out. However the middle of a rated match is not the time to type a long thoughtful explanation about where to rotate and when, which points are more important in context of the map (mid on foefire, sides on nilfhel, etc.). About the only thing you have time for is one or two words and maybe some exclamation points.

Also being r25 doesn’t make you an uber elite pro on soloque I’m rank 74 and have 4/8 champion titles and would not claim to be a godly expert on tPvp tactics but it’s safe to say I know more than the people that are flooding solo que. Also for those that think soloque=spvp no. Soloque=solo TOURNAMENT pvp and team que= team TOURNAMENT pvp so stop calling soloque spvp. Spvp is hotjoins.

People need to listen to the guy shouting at the beginning of the match “hold on to your points seize theirs.” It doesn’t say “zerg around off point and focus on your own score and kills.” The game mode is conquest….. not TDM

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

XacTactX.6709

LOL I never read the post by Akeif, how did you get r25 in 900 hours, did you put another 0 by accident?

in PvP

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

If that had been in place, I’d never been able to join team queue with some guildies who are really into tpvp and actually learn some tactics. They had the patience to teach and actually wanted to teach. Through them and tournament queue I learned a lot.

in PvP

Akeif.7491

LOL I never read the post by Akeif, how did you get r25 in 900 hours, did you put another 0 by accident?

Played the game for 900 hours. Played 500 matches. Did a lot of PvE. Always got into PvP once in a while to have some decent skills and know what’s going on when I watch shout casted tournaments.

in PvP

Akeif.7491

Wow… I’m sorry but r 25 isn’t the most difficult thing in the world….. and I agree on helping teammates out. However the middle of a rated match is not the time to type a long thoughtful explanation about where to rotate and when, which points are more important in context of the map (mid on foefire, sides on nilfhel, etc.). About the only thing you have time for is one or two words and maybe some exclamation points.

Also being r25 doesn’t make you an uber elite pro on soloque I’m rank 74 and have 4/8 champion titles and would not claim to be a godly expert on tPvp tactics but it’s safe to say I know more than the people that are flooding solo que. Also for those that think soloque=spvp no. Soloque=solo TOURNAMENT pvp and team que= team TOURNAMENT pvp so stop calling soloque spvp. Spvp is hotjoins.

People need to listen to the guy shouting at the beginning of the match “hold on to your points seize theirs.” It doesn’t say “zerg around off point and focus on your own score and kills.” The game mode is conquest….. not TDM

I agree with you on everything you said. You are right. I think we’re facing a problem where people want to help each other but doesn’t really know what to do in the middle of the match since they want to focus on winning the match.

There’s a lot of people who want to get into sPvP but they don’t really know where to start. And the MIST lobby isn’t a good resource.

I think one good solution would be to build a super well maintained list of blog posts that really help different level of players getting into PvP and sharing this around in order to educate new comers.

I’ll do some good research, throw something out and look for good feedback so I can start building like the “Essential guides to the starting/amateur PvPer”. If it’s good enough it could get a sticky :P

ANET may have plans but building stuff ourselves, as a community will show them where we want to head, and they will follow.

And thanks for all the replies. There was a lot of constructive discussion.

I’ll post the link to the blog post here so you guys can follow up if you’re interested.