unacceptable advantage in downed mode

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

if the game have the downed mode, and every class has his own 4 skills to deal with it, why ENGINEER has the chance to use ELIXIR R to AUTORES himself? it is not fair.
remove the 6seconds duration or remove the option on himself.

in PvP

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

warriors get back up from downed state too.

People just need to get over this whole downed state thing.

Maybe when we can rent servers we can initiate a mode (death match) that has no downed state.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

warriors dies after vengeance finishes if they dont spec it in traits.
engi resurrect with a skill that is not in downed mode state, but used before dieing.
i am over downed mechanics, i really don’t care.
if i was rageing at elite banner of warrior ressing all around him, i was a fool. but warrior can’t use banner to res himself.
engi can, and in a game where downed mode is part of tactic, strategy, mechanic of the game, allowing this 5th skill to help downed mode is , as i titled it, unacceptable.

in PvP

Posted by: Noctred.6732

Noctred.6732

There are a lot of problems with the downed state, but this isn’t one of them.

in PvP

Posted by: DoubleUnder.9052

DoubleUnder.9052

There should absolutely be a #5 ability for every class that lets you die and start respawn timer. I realize that the down state give you a fighting chance, but in some situations I just would rather die and start the timer.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

There are a lot of problems with the downed state, but this isn’t one of them.

it is not a downed mode problem, and i think downed mode is quite fine. this is a collateral effect of a skill which should not works with downed mode.

in PvP

Posted by: sami.3801

sami.3801

Rangers can do it too with the nature spirit. Engi has to sacrifice an ability slot. That’s a lot cause a weapon kit are 6 abilities, and engi can’t switch weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Hopeless.8195

Hopeless.8195

Bring a counter to it:

You can stop hitting the engineer when he uses this skill.
You can use a ‘blowout’ and knock him away from the res.

I am certain that there are more counters to this res mechanic.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

actually the real counter to it is to continue hitting him so he doesn’t res.

in PvP

Posted by: Hopeless.8195

Hopeless.8195

actually the real counter to it is to continue hitting him so he doesn’t res.

This would be the obvious way to counter if you’re playing a high dps spec. I believe the heal ticks for around 3k so you will need to do quite some damage.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

@Hopeless, yes. The only other way to prevent the res is to get a stomp off immediately. You’ll need stability to do this.

in PvP

Posted by: Michola.4532

Michola.4532

Also, a Ranger that has the Spirit of Nature, the elite that reses everyone within a certain area can get away with clicking it before death and immediatly coming back.

There is a downside to doing stuff like that though. For each time they down, they come back with less and less health in downed state. In a way, it works for your favor.

in PvP

Posted by: Bbaghi.8934

Bbaghi.8934

If you like an other classes downed skills: REROLL. Every class has its pros and cons (atleast point of view is different for eacht person.)

in PvP

Shukran.4851

If you like an other classes downed skills: REROLL. Every class has its pros and cons (atleast point of view is different for eacht person.)

most stupid sentence i have read . good job. so why dont everyone roll thief because, for every noob who die at them, they are op?
so why waste time balancing a game if everyone should roll another class.

please stop write in forums