unranked match, what did I do to deserve this

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

On almost 4/5 games when I solo Q unranked, I become paired with people that literally run builds that they made up on spot and have at least 3 of them standing on one node.
I’m assuming that my mmr is somehow really low that I shouldn’t play pvp unless with a full team or my mmr is the greatest in the world that match making thinks I should be able to 1v5 and win every single encounter.

I’ve seen all signet kill shot warriors, p/p SA thief, PU mesmer, and almost all kinds of builds that do not benefit in conquest mode anyway, and they are always stacked on my side. The matchmaking is so bad that either I’m on a winning team that wins by majority without trying or on a losing side where people have no idea how to rotate or even play their class.

If this is the case where I am constantly with people that do not try to win at all, I have to either quit pvp or run some cleric thief healing build and throw the game since I will be losing whether I am trying or not.

Tour

(edited by TheFamster.7806)

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

My unranked matches have been great today – people trying to win and very close matches. I have crap matchmaking days too, so I know how frustrating it can be. If you whisper me in game I’ll be happy to queue with you if you want! I don’t know that it’ll help, but it’s one of my superstitious ploys to get a good match, and sometimes it works for me on the off days (queueing with someone else, that is).

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

I wouldn’t think meta-builds are something you should expect in unranked. It’s more casual, so I would assume more people are willing to play whatever they want and experiment, instead of going with what is most optimal.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: CruleD.7380

CruleD.7380

You are aware the MM doesn’t take into account ones build, only the class+other MM variables?

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

I wouldn’t think meta-builds are something you should expect in unranked. It’s more casual, so I would assume more people are willing to play whatever they want and experiment, instead of going with what is most optimal.

if they want to play whatever build, there is Hotjoin or Pratice to play it
unrunked and ranked arena are place wher ppl know what to do and what build/class they need/want to play and not random build with random class just for daily reward
this broke the matchmaking system and ppl who want to take some rank up play with ppl who dont know what to do

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

don’t play unranked. apart from the horrormaps unranked is more a “i hope my team will carry me for daily”x5-place.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

if they want to play whatever build, there is Hotjoin or Pratice to play it
unrunked and ranked arena are place wher ppl know what to do and what build/class they need/want to play and not random build with random class just for daily reward
this broke the matchmaking system and ppl who want to take some rank up play with ppl who dont know what to do

unranked is a place where one goes to have the structure of playing an entire game, casually. if your team isnt meta, get over it. play ranked for tryhards. play hotjoin for cheesing the dailies. dont cry about casuals being casual in a casual game mode.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

On almost 4/5 games when I solo Q unranked, I become paired with people that literally run builds that they made up on spot and have at least 3 of them standing on one node.
I’m assuming that my mmr is somehow really low that I shouldn’t play pvp unless with a full team or my mmr is the greatest in the world that match making thinks I should be able to 1v5 and win every single encounter.

I’ve seen all signet kill shot warriors, p/p SA thief, PU mesmer, and almost all kinds of builds that do not benefit in conquest mode anyway, and they are always stacked on my side. The matchmaking is so bad that either I’m on a winning team that wins by majority without trying or on a losing side where people have no idea how to rotate or even play their class.

If this is the case where I am constantly with people that do not try to win at all, I have to either quit pvp or run some cleric thief healing build and throw the game since I will be losing whether I am trying or not.

People that I speak with are sick of the meta, many want to experiment variations on it. As for unexperienced players there is nothing you can do about that unless the matchmaking system takes that into account. There are some cool builds possible also if you can think outside the box.

Also, you can’t just player’s skill by their build or their gear. When I join an unranked match I respect that the other people there have the right to try whatever they want.
75% of the time when you lose it is due to bad rotation more than anything else.

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Its not even about builds. Its about having common sense as a gw2 player such as do not try to engage in outnumbered fight by yourself or rez the teammates or even learn to stomp people on points. I do not expect everyone to win 1v1 fights, but at least try to disengage since it is almost impossible to communicate. However most of unranked players that I play with have no idea how gw2 pvp works or what to do. This has everything to do with Anet’s lack of beginner’s tutorial for pvp.

I also need an explanation for the match that ended on 7:32 pm Est. I was teamed up with people who never played pvp, thus 4 people camping the home node in the beginning and everyone zerging from points to points. Why am I getting paired up with people that never played pvp?

Tour

(edited by TheFamster.7806)