ventari OP what about radiant hammer guard?

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

ventari OP cuz of kb?
this build oneshots you gg

in PvP

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

Does it? I don’t believe I have fought against one.

in PvP

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

wut

/15characters

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in PvP

Amityel.5324

new build for base guards you will whine about soon I am sure ;-)

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Is it the one that gives you 10 stacks of burning instantly?

in PvP

Amityel.5324

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

common now ppl will find out and gonna QQ about it too…. till i find some niche builds to play with

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Core guard is pretty good… Arken & mo0bz both use it in ranked… I’ve tested out different core guard setups, and the DPS is pretty good. The survivability is somewhat questionable. Not having F2 leap or F3 shield can cause you to get fudged up pretty quickly in some cases. Having contemplation of purity is amazing though! I wish it was possible to make it work with meta DH. I feel like we might see more core builds pop up

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

(edited by mrauls.6519)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This specific hammer build wont (shouldn’t) make the metabattle cut.

• GS > Hammer by a long mile. It offers more retal through Light Aura and higher burst damages. Hammer is just way too slow for the minimal windows of Retal we receive. Glacial Heart critting is the only thing worth while on Hammer.
  • Scepter > Sword because we can cast Symbols then GS#2 Leap for Light Aura. That and we can’t afford to stay in group fights. Scepter’s auto is still quick and powerful and best at setting up Retal.
  • Only thing good on Hammer is Glacial Heart. A niche aspect of the slow weapon that isn’t even a 100% hit.

tl;dr Swap Hammer with GS, put Sigil of Agility on GS, then this will be a strong Core build variant that Metabattle should approve.

my build can swap SYG for COP

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

kitten and Arken are very good players they could beat 99% of the scrubs left playing with just about any guardian build that isn’t complete rubbish. I wouldn’t recommend Hammer or GS builds for your average player. They really weren’t good in the past im not sure what changed to make them particularly good now.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

kitten and Arken are very good players they could beat 99% of the scrubs left playing with just about any guardian build that isn’t complete rubbish. I wouldn’t recommend Hammer or GS builds for your average player. They really weren’t good in the past im not sure what changed to make them particularly good now.

What makes them decent now in PvP was the change in the Radiance line. You can now take Retribution and Righteous Instincts in Radiance and then use Valykrie amulet.

They’re kind of yolo builds but if you have a good supporting team, you can 100-0 unsuspecting players rather quickly.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

This build most definitely does not one-shot you unless you are unsuspecting and the guard opens up with a burst that involves focus 5. I 1v1ed someone running this build 3 times yesterday, running marauder’s amulet (17k hp and 2.2k armor). At best, this build took off about 40% of my health in a well-timed burst but it definitely was not enough to put me down and fell off quickly as soon as their heal was on cd.

A note on that build: I agree with what Saiyan said. Old-school medi-guard with GS and x/focus would make better use of these traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

It hits very hard. GS does too but GS lacks a ranged option, and can’t decap.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Hmm. Melee knockback and melee circle cc thing, vs LB 3, 5, and chain pull.

Chasing with melee vs constant ranged pressure and the ability to block points with traps.

Reliance on vitality instead of blocks and offensive pressure

Waiting on retaliation cooldowns to do damage instead of always having access to full potential, or access to continuous burn pressure.

I used to run this build a lot in the past, but the added crit chance under retaliation still doesn’t bring it up to its competitors. It’s not a support build, its not a tank, and its not a high pressure build either. It would also likely lose any 1v1s against any non-support meta class.

In higher tier play, any time you charge up your ham2 or 5 before judge, they will always see it and dodge, block, or stunbreak. From there, this build literally has nothing going for it. It’s like the mesmer’s one shot mantra build. If you miss your shot, you’re done for, but it’s shot isn’t nearly as good as the mesmer’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Chasing with melee vs constant ranged pressure and the ability to block points with traps.

Waiting on retaliation cooldowns to do damage instead of always having access to full potential, or access to continuous burn pressure.

I used to run this build a lot in the past, but the added crit chance under retaliation still doesn’t bring it up to its competitors. It’s not a support build, its not a tank, and its not a high pressure build either. It would also likely lose any 1v1s against any non-support meta class.

In higher tier play, any time you charge up your ham2 or 5 before judge, they will always see it and dodge, block, or stunbreak. From there, this build literally has nothing going for it. It’s like the mesmer’s one shot mantra build. If you miss your shot, you’re done for, but it’s shot isn’t nearly as good as the mesmer’s.

So it’s basically mantra mes but every 4 seconds?

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Been running this build since the patch hit, I still use scepter focus, sword shield though, more sustain, ranged attack and no judges intervention. I use that retal signet instead.

Oh and adjusted traits of course

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

So it’s basically mantra mes but every 4 seconds?

Half a mantra mes every 40 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

This build most definitely does not one-shot you unless you are unsuspecting and the guard opens up with a burst that involves focus 5. I 1v1ed someone running this build 3 times yesterday, running marauder’s amulet (17k hp and 2.2k armor). At best, this build took off about 40% of my health in a well-timed burst but it definitely was not enough to put me down and fell off quickly as soon as their heal was on cd.

A note on that build: I agree with what Saiyan said. Old-school medi-guard with GS and x/focus would make better use of these traits.

Valkyrie amu is better for that build though. You have more power, vitality and ferocity. Presicion from marauders isnt needed when you get 70% critchance from furyretal.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I prefer marauder’s. Why? Because with retaliation you get at least 100% crit chance and nobody will evade auto-attack. However, with all these boons and sometimes with might stacking runes+sigils one AA hit from hammer is 3k hit. On point let’s add that with protection symbol slam and it’s a second mighty blow.
But yet, it is a one trick pony. It can even carry games sometimes due to it’s out of combat mobility (rune) and teleport mobility. Still, this build shines best when roaming and entering fights. If you find yourself in a situation where you are attacked first, it’s a little handicap. Of course ranged damage is a hard counter when you don’t have teleports and CC’s on you, and power necro with well also can get hard to beat as it forces you to be in melee range.
As for GS, perhaps I am not used to it that much, but it requires a good team or a bad enemy for it to work. I’ve found myself in many situations where my whirling wrath combo was interrupted even with stability (condi corrupt or steal) or just got into a blind wars situation. While with hammer it is a half a second burst that can even change the outcome of a team fight.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I play meta chronomancer and I have more trouble against the GS version of it.

My clones can’t survive past 1 sec against that build and there is absolutely no chance to do any damage w/o clones.