(video) ele vs necro post patch

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You’ve never played an ele, I can tell. Go ahead, roll a D-skin ele. I’ll laugh when you get steam-rolled.

Against a condition necro, (or heck, any condition build), it would be me doing the steam-rolling. Against anyone else, yeah, I’d get wrecked.

Get why this trait should never have existed yet?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Alot of people are bringing their spite for condition necro’s into this. But look at the big picture, instead of bringing a spec in line with everyone else, they gave another class a complete hard counter to deter it. Who’s next after this?

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

It isn’t a hard counter at all that’s the point. If you build entirely for direct damage against a Rabid or Settler’s build they have toughness and usually protection to mitigate your damage, extend the fight, and that hard counters every single power build in the game except for condi immune or heavy and easy condi removal builds.

Now that a full condi build has to fight an extended fight that they aren’t sure they can win, they throw a kitten fit like spoiled kids from Beverly Hills. It’s pathetic and shows just how bad those players really are.

I’ve wanted condi spammers to be able to be put in their place for a while now and that includes Engineers who, while do require more skill than Necros, are just as guilty of condi spam as Necros.

When you fight a good bomb nade Engi 1v1 you can’t beat him without using something that they’ll whine about, just like all of you average Necro players.

Here’s a tip: if you want to run condis, stick to teamfights don’t 1v1 people unless you know you’ve got it in the bag, like a guardian or something.

(edited by jmatb.6307)

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Alot of people are bringing their spite for condition necro’s into this. But look at the big picture, instead of bringing a spec in line with everyone else, they gave another class a complete hard counter to deter it. Who’s next after this?

Not warriors, I can tell you that.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Hopefully a hard counter for spirit rangers, minions, and phantasms.

We’d be well on our way back towards removing AI + passive play and re-establishing a power-vs-bunker meta where this game truly shines

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

We’d be well on our way back towards removing AI + passive play and re-establishing a power-vs-bunker meta where this game truly shines

Nothing more active than being immune to entire builds by equipping a trait. Yessiree, that there is some good ol’ active skillful play.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

Nothing more active than being immune to entire builds by equipping a trait. Yessiree, that there is some good ol’ active skillful play.

Well I mean the ideal option would be to remove bleeding, burning, the damage portion of poison, torment, minions, spirits, phantasms (clones can stay, they’re actual active play), and all proc-on-crit/hit/anything traits.

Until then I’ll settle for hard counters for these aspects of the game, even if they’re 100% passive (like this kittenty trait)

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Yes, this is the single worst decision I’ve seen ArenaNet make.

I know what the developers think about it

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Well I mean the ideal option would be to remove bleeding, burning, the damage portion of poison, torment, minions, spirits, phantasms (clones can stay, they’re actual active play), and all proc-on-crit/hit/anything traits.

Until then I’ll settle for hard counters for these aspects of the game, even if they’re 100% passive (like this kittenty trait)

They’ve been working pretty hard to remove the Necromancer class from the game, so half of that is coming true for you.

Unfortunately, judging by the new heal, Phantasms are here to stay.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

They’ve been working pretty hard to remove the Necromancer class from the game, so half of that is coming true for you.

Unfortunately, judging by the new heal, Phantasms are here to stay.

I think you underestimate how effective power necros can be (wells win games when the well is the size of a cap point and can make res attempts explode 3+ people, and 4k heat-seeking DS auto attacks from 1200 range are lolwut strong).

It’s just that unlike crazy OP bunker condimancer you have to be hyperaware of your positioning.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Why is a trait that counters an idiotic top-heavy min/max build that could kill by auto-attack stacking conditions…. a bad thing? Min/maxed builds and specs will always get “hard” countered because they are completely one dimensional in damage.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

Why is a trait that counters an idiotic top-heavy min/max build that could kill by auto-attack stacking conditions…. a bad thing? Min/maxed builds and specs will always get “hard” countered because they are completely one dimensional in damage.

QFE

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Amitabh Bachan.4385

Amitabh Bachan.4385

Heaven forbid a condispam necro have to use their brain and do direct damage before rolling their face on the keyboard.

in PvP

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Necro is just 1-1-1-1-1-1 scepter.

Well obviously.

in PvP

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Please, go on about that one trait that completely stops Zerker Backstabs, or that other trait that completely wrecks CC-Spam Warriors. I’ll be waiting.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

So much terribad from the Suckromancer community

Yall just go back to your class forum and hug your ugly minions until they slap you in the face enough to realize that your class does not revolve around condis

in PvP

Balefire.7592

Yall just go back to your class forum and hug your ugly minions until they slap you in the face enough to realize that your class does not revolve around condis

I’ll be sure to do that on the day thieves admit their class doesn’t revolve around stealth and are willing to accept a trait that nullifies all damage from stealthed enemies above 90% health. As far as I’m aware, that would fix all “8k Backstab” problems, and would also nerf the Thief’s kiting capacity to the same level as invalidating a Necro’s cripple, chill and fear.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

in PvP

Vena.8436

Please, go on about that one trait that completely stops Zerker Backstabs, or that other trait that completely wrecks CC-Spam Warriors. I’ll be waiting.

CC-spam warriors are stupid.

Zerker backstabs are paper, they sacrificed everything for that backstab.

The condispam necro that cries about this trait sacrificed next to nothing because they could still slap you silly with endless condition pressure even while wearing nigh-complete tanking gear. Now they cry because they sacrificed offensive power and one completely team-play negligible trait made their bunker spec bad for it.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Just one problem: our class DOES revolve around condis. Not all of them damaging, perhaps, but it very heavily relies on conditions, whether it’s Bleeds for damage, Weakness for defense, or Fear for control, necros rely on conditions to function properly. We don’t have a single weapon that doesn’t apply conditions. All of them have a cripple, chill, or immobilize to be used in varying ways. Condition immunity outright negates the necro’s defensive capability as well as a good portion of their offense.

Berserker’s Stance can at least be waited out.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in PvP

Balefire.7592

The condispam necro that cries about this trait sacrificed next to nothing because they could still slap you silly with endless condition pressure even while wearing nigh-complete tanking gear. Now they cry because they sacrificed offensive power and one completely team-play negligible trait made their bunker spec bad for it.

The issue isn’t making the spec bad, it’s invalidating choices. Frankly, I wouldn’t mind moving to a meta where hybrids are only slightly worse than mix/max, but min/max gets screwed every so often. But a hybrid Necro, even a slight off-condition hybrid, simply isn’t up to par. The loss in condition damage isn’t equated by the gain in power.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in PvP

Vena.8436

The issue isn’t making the spec bad, it’s invalidating choices. Frankly, I wouldn’t mind moving to a meta where hybrids are only slightly worse than mix/max, but min/max gets screwed every so often. But a hybrid Necro, even a slight off-condition hybrid, simply isn’t up to par. The loss in condition damage isn’t equated by the gain in power.

Auto-attack choices that get the best of both worlds (offensive pressure from conditions and tanking stats) shouldn’t be valid choices. Conditions are notoriously low investment for their potent return vs. anything even remotely physical based.

The fact that necro could 1-spam people into submission in tanking gear, should tell you how stupid it was.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Balefire.7592

Auto-attack choices that get the best of both worlds (offensive pressure from conditions and tanking stats) shouldn’t be valid choices. Conditions are notoriously low investment for their potent return vs. anything even remotely physical based.

The fact that necro could 1-spam people into submission in tanking gear, should tell you how stupid it was.

I agree, but Necros can’t do anything about that – ANET made Necros the way the did by choice. We shouldn’t have to be punished for bad design decisions. Necros have been complaining about our lack of capacity in other areas for ages now, and diddly squat gets done about it. Now, one of the few good things we had going for us got stripped, so you bet your kitten we’re upset.

The issue isn’t just 1-Spamming either. Try catching an Ele as a D/D Necro without Chill, Cripple or Fear.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

WHAT? This statement is so ignorant its just… well its astounding.

Next you’ll say thieves don’t revolve around stealth, and mesmers don’t revolve around spewing kitten loads of clones and phantasms.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Given that I’ve been running Dire Condition build in WvW without food, crystals, or any of the “Guard Leech” buffs and every so often I get beaten (varying from close matches to totally destroyed), I don’t think that the “tanky 1 spam” is really as dangerous as you make it out to be. If they were literally killing you by just auto-attacking, then maybe you’re just bad. You can’t fight a condi necro with the same playstyle as you use against other builds and expect to do well. There are strategies out there to bring them down (and most of the time, you don’t even have to change your skills or traits to do so!), so look around and think. Hint: Everyone can escape a necro, so try limiting your exposure to his scepter 1 between your bursts. This doesn’t require changing anything about your build, just the way you approach the situation.

Diamond Skin, however, the condi-necro just loses as was demonstrated in the OP’s video. Doesn’t matter how they approach the situation, they just lose.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

This is similar to many other “issues” with the game.

In the grand scheme of things, diamond skin may be balanced, but it’s the type of ability that shouldn’t be in the game.

It’s useless in tons of instances and way too hard a counter in other situations.

Just because these average out to be “balanced” doesn’t mean this type of delta between uselessness and OP is the right “fix”.

In fact, it makes it a pretty lame and lazy way to"fix"things.

I would think you’d want the game to showcase differences in skill versus who simply picked the right build/profession.

Some advantages should be given by your build, but not to a ridiculous extent.

Mesmers are even more ridiculous in how their builds hard counter some specs 1v1, but it’s “justified” based on some perceived weaknesses in group play and 1v1s against other classes.

Tone down the ridiculously abilities for each profession and the game will truly showcase skills > build.

in PvP

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

The issue isn’t just 1-Spamming either. Try catching an Ele as a D/D Necro without Chill, Cripple or Fear.

This. As a Dagger Necro I already have a tough enough time staying on target. When I can’t even chill/immobilize/cripple an enemy to catch him how am I suppose to hit him hard enough to get him below 90% in the first place? Maybe the trait is more in line in SPVP, but I can tell you its overpowered as all get out in WvW.

Maybe the larger problem is the devs refuse to see the game outside of their sacred SPVP meta that they blatantly steer what should/shouldn’t be valid from patch to patch. Maybe if they worried more about making other builds actually viable we would see a broader meta that would balance itself with diversity.

(edited by Draehl.2681)

in PvP

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

From a dueling stand-point this game has always been broken.

From a team fight stand-point, yes, it is a strong trait against condi but if the necro has a thief take down some of the ele’s HP, his Diamond Skin trait will be rendered completely useless while likely sacrificing some of the team support he can offer from Arcana/Water or direct dmg from Air only to gain the selfish ability to deal with a necro in duel.

The condi necro still works as long as the team can support him. When I play necro I understand that I probably cannot be an unbeatable duelmaster with it, but I know that I can also put out more pressure from condi dmg and control than any other classes as long as I play with a half-decent team.

This ability has gone nowhere even with a few bleeds taken away.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in PvP

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Consider this:

It isn’t a hard counter at all that’s the point. If you build entirely for direct damage against a Rabid or Settler’s build they have toughness and usually protection to mitigate your damage, extend the fight, and that hard counters every single power build in the game except for condi immune or heavy and easy condi removal builds.

And then consider this:

The evidence is overwhelming, either he’s ignorant of what he’s talking about or deliberately trolling.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in PvP

jmatb.6307

I over simplified my statement about condis. I meant condi builds.

You can’t get away with going full kitten and do the same 30/20/0/0/20 build in the new balance cycle and expect to compete in 1v1s against Warriors, Eles, and Mesmers. You’ll get trained and deservedly so when you bring barely any defenses or sustain.

Consider running a Dagger/Warhorn as your second set if you want to 1v1 with your precious Scepter/Dagger. Need power damage to get the Ele’s health down, and you can CC them with the longest single daze in the game.

Consider running a power build with Dagger/Focus Staff. Good teamfighter.

Or Axe/Focus Dagger/Warhorn for a Power 1v1 type build.

Necro players are some of the least creative and whiny people in this game and spend more time QQing on the forum than playing it seems like.

And if you open with condis on an Ele in this meta you’re as bad as you secretly know you are.

(edited by jmatb.6307)

in PvP

Balefire.7592

I over simplified my statement about condis. I meant condi builds.

You can’t get away with going full kitten and do the same 30/20/0/0/20 build in the new balance cycle and expect to compete in 1v1s against Warriors, Eles, and Mesmers. You’ll get trained and deservedly so when you bring barely any defenses or sustain.

Consider running a Dagger/Warhorn as your second set if you want to 1v1 with your precious Scepter/Dagger. Need power damage to get the Ele’s health down, and you can CC them with the longest single daze in the game.

Consider running a power build with Dagger/Focus Staff. Good teamfighter.

Or Axe/Focus Dagger/Warhorn for a Power 1v1 type build.

Necro players are some of the least creative and whiny people in this game and spend more time QQing on the forum than playing it seems like.

Seeing as how you don’t include yourself in that statement, it seems safe to assume you don’t play a Necro, and hence don’t understand why we complain as much as we do.
I couldn’t care less about Diamond Skin blocking bleeds, burning torment and poison. Most reasonable Necros agree that Condi spam was broken with tanky gear. But this nerfs more than just them – good luck trying to land that daze on an Ele without chill, cripple, fear or immobilize. Necros already have THE worst mobility in the game, while Eles have some some of the best. If you strip our capacity to mess up your mobility, where does that leave us?

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

It is to show how bad of a design choice this is. No build should be completely unable to do anything to another, no matter what.

This only shows how stupid OP is, nothing more.

He didn’t use corrupt boon to rip off regen and protection, instead of focus (3 more boons remove) he took dagger. This idiot didn’t even try to take bone minions (1,6k damage against 2600 armor each). Well of blood + blast for retaliation? Too easy.

I can clearly see that most players in defense of Diamond Skin completely ignore the fact that it is not skill based.

The same as condition spam. It is passive, condition’s are passive too. You just stack them and mostly it hurts as hell.

Lets look at it from other side. What if i don’t want to take any sort of condition remove and still want to win against necros? As an ele, for example. Do you think that it is possible? I guess you will say “take some condition remove or it will be nearly impossible”. So, when you’re crying about diamond skin, I will only say “take something to deal 2k damage”.

I am so frustrated about how stupid this thread is. People discussing about duel between nearly-pure-1×1-anti-condition-build against sad-condi-necro and how hard is to win this for necro without any efforts or decent changes in build. Uuu, bad design! I have an interesting fact for you: you won’t be able to win any 1×1 meta builds with your tpvp build. Facepalm. Go to your profession forum and cry there.

• golf clap * Its about time somone said it straight to these peeps. Took the words out of my mouth. ITS ABOUT TIME ELES GOT SOMETHING decently USEFUL!!

After the summer of Dumbfire, I have absolutely no sympathy for condi necros whatsoever and am glad they have to actually think about giving up some survivability to win 1v1s, invest in blood magic, or maybe do axe or dagger instead of staff.

This.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

This is similar to many other “issues” with the game.

In the grand scheme of things, diamond skin may be balanced, but it’s the type of ability that shouldn’t be in the game.

It’s useless in tons of instances and way too hard a counter in other situations.

Just because these average out to be “balanced” doesn’t mean this type of delta between uselessness and OP is the right “fix”.

In fact, it makes it a pretty lame and lazy way to"fix"things.

I would think you’d want the game to showcase differences in skill versus who simply picked the right build/profession.

Some advantages should be given by your build, but not to a ridiculous extent.

Mesmers are even more ridiculous in how their builds hard counter some specs 1v1, but it’s “justified” based on some perceived weaknesses in group play and 1v1s against other classes.

Tone down the ridiculously abilities for each profession and the game will truly showcase skills > build.

Exactly.

The thing is even before this change I made a thread on it and LITERALLY dozens of top players came in to say this change was a terrible idea. But they dont listen to people who understand how the game works (the top players). They just listen to the bitter people who got rolled by a necro and now qq about it.

If they have the humility to fix this trait then I will respect them. I suspect they will try to balance around it which will lead to more power creep. The fact is, staff and scepter on the necro need more damage in their attacks to counter things like this, But this would be a bad idea for the game generally.

Anet really dropped the ball on this one. AND what is worse is that they were warned this would be the case. Warned by elite players…lots of them. They really really need to have no respect for their player base, and to stop thinking they know best all the time. This change was horrendusly bad for the game. Absolute disgrace of a trait. Makes the game seem like a joke.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

It’s exactly like every knowledgeable player said it would be. Even with carrion amulet, 300 power from traits, and flesh golem, a condi necro just can’t do enough damage to break through diamond skin’s threshold. On the flip side, when it’s not broken OP it’s worthless.

Now they’re going to think ele has been fixed and do nothing about the rest of ele problems.

This all goes back to the whole “ANet is listening to the wrong players” rant.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I mean, really? Staff necros with Dhuumfire are bad and cheesy, but there are condi builds that don’t even dip into the Spite tree at all, and all the hate against “condition spam” is misguided. Can we say the same thing about all the cheesy direct damage spam?

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Lol all these people complaining only do 1v1 or only play on a team with 5 condi necros

in PvP

Balefire.7592

Lol all these people complaining only do 1v1 or only play on a team with 5 condi necros

No, it’s just that everyone complaining would prefer:
A) Better active gameplay
B) Not to be carried by their team
C) A trait that is not 12.5% God-Mode and 87.5% useless (it messes with 1/8 professions)

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

The necro stands more of a chance against that Ele then an Ele did against a Necro pre-patch.

That necro still stands more of a chance against that Ele then an Ele does against a Healing Signet Warrior or Mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I laughed so hard.
gooood gaaaame…
guess all necro’s can go buy tome’s and reroll other classes.. this is another one of those great example of “we honestly have no freaking clue how to balance for necro’s”

cheers.

#wtbbalance

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I will give 15g to anyone who can make a viable build out of the diamond skin trait.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I really expected this from necros.I mean this was as perfectly prevedible like them stacking rabid gear and spam scepter auto in complete safety of full toughness paired with two healthbars.

I just wonder that instead of complaining, anyone considered rampager? I a using it on my warrior since a few days and works nicely.Except i need to actually know what i am doing because no armor at all.Why instead of free easymode nectos would venture into a more risky/skilled play? Someone might even find fun to actually have to do other except facetanking and spam condis/ds/condis/leech form/condis i win.Just saying.
Some risk maybe?
Wars were nerfed into less than useles for spvp again and still don’t complain as muh. (Probably because they got back to their necro main afwr they saw the patchnotes).But then they realised diamond skin said hello.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

I will give 15g to anyone who can make a viable build out of the diamond skin trait.

Make that 30 if it is better than another class at any role.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I really expected this from necros.I mean this was as perfectly prevedible like them stacking rabid gear and spam scepter auto in complete safety of full toughness paired with two healthbars.

I just wonder that instead of complaining, anyone considered rampager? I a using it on my warrior since a few days and works nicely.Except i need to actually know what i am doing because no armor at all.Why instead of free easymode nectos would venture into a more risky/skilled play? Someone might even find fun to actually have to do other except facetanking and spam condis/ds/condis/leech form/condis i win.Just saying.
Some risk maybe?
Wars were nerfed into less than useles for spvp again and still don’t complain as muh. (Probably because they got back to their necro main afwr they saw the patchnotes).But then they realised diamond skin said hello.

You realize the guy used a carrion amulet and had 30 points in his power line. That’s 944 power, which is more than a zerker amulet. He still couldn’t put out enough damage to get the ele under the diamond skin threshold.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

The sad part is, it feels like this is the thought process of the devs as well

If you spent any time on the “suckromancer” forums you would see why we are so frustrated. People who care about the class despised the dhuumfire patch. People who play other classes ALSO hated the dhuumfire patch. The only people who liked it were fotm trolls

The problem is, rather than admit they were wrong about giving us easy access to burning and rolling back the patch or moving traits around so that you cannot spec for both burning and terror, they have systematically shaved the skills that were not op before but now people question, ostensibly because of the reprocessions of giving us easy access to burning.

Now, they are introducing a hard counter to the viable build. All this could have been avoided by rethinking dhuumfire

Also, other builds are now indirectly being nerfed because of changes meant to shave down one build. For example, I play a power necro. It is a berserker build because with the way things are now , speccing more toughness or vitality does not allow you to burst the enemy quickly enough and you are ultimately wasting stats. One of the main forms of survivability in thus build was weakening shroud (causing weakness as an okay survival mechanic), but now that has been nerfed to 2s of weakness, making this arguably up build less viable.

All because of a change the necro and non-necro community did not want

And please, don’t be so disrespectful towards our community. We are passionate about the class but those comments were just immature

Edited for word filter filtering 2 words that were not profanity

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

(edited by Sepreh.5924)

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

Some risk maybe?

You realize the guy used a carrion amulet and had 30 points in his power line. That’s 944 power, which is more than a zerker amulet. He still couldn’t put out enough damage to get the ele under the diamond skin threshold.

People see what they want to see and I am sure my post will be drowned in the sea of ignorance, but, if you have an open mind and still clicked this thread, look at the duel starting at 6:25 in the video. That duel shows everything you need to know about the mechanics of Diamond Skin, if you know what to look for.

The Necromancer wins the duel and he is using rabid, which is a perfectly fine choice for a condition build.

What people need to understand about Diamond Skin is that an Elementalist, while seemingly unaffected by conditions over 90% health, is using every cool down to stay above that threshold in the same way, he would be using it, if he didn’t have Diamond Skin. All that changes is that he is front-loading them rather than using them throughout the fight.

This front-loaded cool down usage comes at the expense of being defenseless, once the Necromancer overcomes that barrier. The particular duel I am referring to at 6:25 in that video illustrates that rather well. The very second the Necromancer breaks through the barrier, the Elementalist is out of cool downs entirely and drops like a stone without being able to defend itself.

Expand your horizons and realize that a fight and kill doesn’t always have to involve slowly and steadily taking health out of your opponent, till he succumbs to your damage, the fight and kill is just as legit, if you can force your opponent to use all their skills to keep themselves at close to full health and then kill him in just a few seconds, when an opening has presented itself.

This video and thread is nothing more than Lordrosicky or his buddies from Team Team Team or whatever their name is trying to manipulate developers and readers into thinking the trait is overpowered and/or passive and quite frankly it is neither.

(edited by Slim.3024)

in PvP

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I wish someone would acknowledge this is a problem for dagger (power) Necromancers to even reach the Ele in the first place. We are designed with low mobility. We catch enemies by chilling/crippling/immobilizing them. The only real mobility skill we have is Dark Path and it’s easily dodged, especially when we can’t combo it with Doom (fear) so they can’t dodge when it reaches them. How am I to catch a Scepter Ele in the first place?

in PvP

Vena.8436

Aside from the rather nonsensical proposition of discussing a staged fight…

You realize he killed the ele? Right? He got through that threshold, and the ele melted.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Yeah before u kill them now you qq

it was exactly the same before people started playing cantrip-bunker. Eles were freeloot but most players switched to 0-10-0-30-30 and the class suddenly was competetive. People cried because no free bags anymore → ele nerfed … and the cycle continues

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

The offer is still out there.

ANY decent DS ele build and I will pay out 25g!

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

The offer is still out there.

ANY decent DS ele build and I will pay out 25g!

viability is subjective, but i’ve already made an ele build which is potentially good, not too sure yet though. we’ll see.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

dunno what the point of this video. i can always make a specific two builds where one would trump the other to ground. so what?