visibility

visibility

in PvP

Posted by: Slan.5496

Slan.5496

Q:

I’m a fairly casual player. I’ve had a lot of problems getting ganked by thieves, wrecked by mesmers, etc. But I understand that most issues are likely to change with experience and or getting together with a good team.

But the thing that continues to plague me in this game is the crazy camera and how it whips around or sometimes zooms in to obscure your vision while you’re mid fight in a way that’s very damaging to success.

In the attached image, I had been knocked into a bush or something in the mine area on the forest map. My vision was blocked and for some reason I could not get out of it. Maybe I was immobilized by another player, but I have a strong suspicion that I was running into geometry that I couldn’t see. Thus I suffered a stupid death from unseen assailants while running in place like an idiot.

Am I missing something here? I changed the camera to manual rotation but that doesn’t seem to affect the zoom in any way. Are there any other adjustments to be made or is this just the way things are intended to be?

Attachments: