want to play with friend

want to play with friend

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Ya, im not active enough to really have a pvp team, but i would like to play with 1 or 2 friends when i log in.

How do i do this?

SPvP we can pick a server, and after a few tries we can be on the same server but usually opposite teams. Plus when the server dies (happens every 4th map it seems like…) it takes a while to find another not full not dead server and both get in.

So i tried tpvp, but since i just have the 1 or 2 friends, we get stomped every time and its no fun. Paid tournaments didnt help.

Im mad. My friends and i have all quit and they sort of begrudge me for the bad game recommendation. Im still a gw1 fanboy so ill be back when its fixed, but i doubt ill talk many of them into reinstalling.

How could you do this to us arenanet? Ive been interested in you since you hired former cavedog entertainment employees, you were the game developer i could trust. I feel really betrayed, and while ill forgive you in time… this wasnt a dubious decision to launch when you were nowhere near allowing friends to play together, you had to know this and decide it was ok.

That person, whomever said this was fine, and you know they had to argue their point… that person should wear a duntz hat to work and not be allowed to weigh in on these types of decisions during meetings anymore. If they cant convince a coworker to speak for them then their idea is probably not worth listening to.

Shame.

Edit: can anyone tell me how guildwars 1 pvp inspired and helped shape gw2 pvp? Can you convince me that these two games play similarly enough to be appropriately regarded as sharing a genre?

(edited by ryston.7640)

want to play with friend

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Just a small thing to consider since you played gw1: what were you expecting?

want to play with friend

in PvP

ryston.7640

Its a good point, that small one.

shrug i just think that if they were willing to set aside everything good about gw1 to innovate, why couldnt they innovate a match making system or a que with friend option?

want to play with friend

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

1. Get more friends = register a full team (or atleast 80%) to tpvp, its not a pub, its made for teams.
2. I have no idea why are you having trouble playing in spvp with your friends, join a server that has 5-8 people, then your friends can join you via friend list in couple of seconds.
3. It would be insane if they allowed you to join as a party and get in one team for spvp, how about i get my 6 friends and we keep farming 8×8 servers, what fun would it be for other team?

want to play with friend

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I think they will add ladder at some point, and I can only hope for you and your friends (as well as all of us) that it is sometime soon.

want to play with friend

in PvP

ryston.7640

I expected hall of heroes with an often shifting metagame (balance changes or expansions).this requires a system with distinctions like hex and condition and aegis chains and so forth. I did that with pugs all the time.

Its obvious gw2 will never be that. They’ve gone in a simpiler direction, one that requires an huge investment of time in the form of refined player skill, but not gear.

So now i want a good game that has asic features, if i cant have the masterpeice that made me love the franchise, the beautiful game where being able to think through builds while trodding through the boring parts of life could bear fruit in game… why did they waste all that?

want to play with friend

in PvP

Posted by: raesirecks.4325

raesirecks.4325

1. Get more friends = register a full team (or atleast 80%) to tpvp, its not a pub, its made for teams.
2. I have no idea why are you having trouble playing in spvp with your friends, join a server that has 5-8 people, then your friends can join you via friend list in couple of seconds.
3. It would be insane if they allowed you to join as a party and get in one team for spvp, how about i get my 6 friends and we keep farming 8×8 servers, what fun would it be for other team?

1. Agree… find a good guild, form relationships, get on voice chat. This is really your only option.
2. Disagree completely. What you described works for the first battle, but then you and your friends split. This is a big issue for people that are casual players and that just want to have fun with their friends. That’s all.
3. You mean like exactly what happens currently in tPVP? With no other way to play together (see point #2 where you got it wrong), casuals form PuG’s in tPVP and get their kittens absolutely handed to them. Currently, sPVP is far more balanced than tPVP for this very reason.

Note: If you don’t understand what it is to be a casual player then you’re not one. Applause for your efforts, skills and dedication to the game. Seriously, if you’re not a casual, then you’re probably much more of a kitten than any casual and that is a respectable thing. Note, however, that casuals still want their place and they still want to have play and have fun. Nothing wrong with begin casual, except that we’re having a hard time finding our place in sPVP currently.

want to play with friend

in PvP

Posted by: Trimlys.7091

Trimlys.7091

Sorry for the english in advance,

casual can be very good in pvp, i been playing pvp game since long time ,
me and my friend wish to play together in a match on the same side, but its far from happening i guess, because each time we choose the same server or join friend via the interface
he or me always end up on the other side,

of course we could make a 5 player team and play, but all we want is to have fun 1 or 2 hours , to play a good 8 v 8,

i know that balancing is important and like the guys above said having a group of friend face rolling the other team would be stupid too, maybe a limit of 3 friend or max 4 can be on the same team or maybe a bigger map and push the player limit to 20 or 30 to make good 10 vs 10 or 15 vs 15, i dunno but there should have something for everybody,

i have played game in this pass years that have battleground like wow, rift,war,swtor,
its a big shock to come here and its down to 8 player, and cant play with friend for a night and have fun in pvp,

i dunno why they are stuck with the 3 capture this and that thing map. they could make plenty of cool way to do pvp. like capture the flag, i mean this is 1 of the most popular mode in pvp since unreal tournament (red vs blue) and they totally ignored it,
now i have a bunch of friend that totally left gw2 because they could not play together
i mean yes they can make a 5 team and to tournament but we all know how this end up , they dont have any fun its end up people having bad time and swearing to each other because some1 did not do his job,
we had bad experience in those kind of arena like wow
, like i said casual and having fun is not in the tournament
anyway its was only my opinion, i just hope we could find a solution for everybody,

(edited by Trimlys.7091)

want to play with friend

in PvP

ryston.7640

Ill

I dont need to stack an 8v8 team, give me working free tournaments that are pub-able for fun. Option 2 just doesnt work well. Ive done it, its alright, but its not really good by any measure. As to making more friends…

Look im not saying the problem doesnt have solutions, im saying it shouldnt exist. The solution for this problem has been a common game element for about a decade. Its… a not nice word… that anet launched without these systems or without the resources to implement them very shortly after release.

Anet was progressive about things like monthly fees, a cash shop that is truly not pay to win… why are they so bassackwards about releasing an unfinished game and fixing it way way down the road with a patch. This is the kind of industry trend you would expect them to NOT follow, yet here they are doing the worst job of it ive seen yet except perhaps sto. (Thats star trek online)

Bottom line to me:

Anet released gw2 pvp that was not inspired in any way shape or form by gw1 pvp. It has nothing at all in common. This was not a sequel, this was a game under the same ip but in a truly different genre. They didnt advertise that, they just did it.

The new game also is bad at whatever it is. It lacks basic infastructure and has poorly implemented mechanics.

They basically said: screw the pvp, its a pve mmo… were just not going to publish that because it will alienate a lot of out base, and we want them to try our pve game.

Im mad.

Edit: okay this isnt fair of me, im sure anet is not that cynical or evil… m ashamed i wrote it, but its how i feel about things right now. They really dropped the ball a what i said about game inspiration isnt untrue, they did alienate their pvp fanbase. Yea i get that they wanted to move things forward, but…

It would be nice if they came out and said they wanted to date other people before asking us to pay for their boob job instead of just letting us figure out that they’re swingers now after the fact.

Im sure they meant well with the pvp, and maybe its good to some, but not to me. I feel like i ordered a nice steak, got served a burger, said what the hell its a 60 dollar burger but im hungry… then i find out its a garden burger, and the waitress wont be back with ketchup until the foods had time to get cold.

(edited by ryston.7640)