warriors are not overpowered

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

warriors are not overpowered because if warriors are overpowered, everyone would only play warriors in sPvP and nothing else.

happy new year!

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Warriors are boring and it really doesn’t matter what anyone runs in Hotjoint, it’s Hotjoint!!!

Felix Navidad

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

i agree. happy new year too!!!

i dont play warrior anymore btw.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

rofl terrible argument is terrible.

really grasping at straws with that.

Happy new year tho!

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Andyzorr.2175

Andyzorr.2175

Berserker stance and healing signet must be nerfed a bit though.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I don’t play warrior but if warrior has to be nerfed a bit than even mesmer has to be.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

eheheheeh happy new year 2014 everyone!

I don’t play warrior but if warrior has to be nerfed a bit than even mesmer has to be.

hmmm have you fought warriors and found them to be overpowered?

with your various engineer builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Warriors are not op but need a small adjustment to Berserker Stance and Healing Signet IMO.

Próspero Ano Novo!!

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Warriors are fine ATM, although healing signet is rather passive / boring

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Warrior would not be Overpowered if it did require more skill and had more advanced class mechanics to achieve these results

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Warrior would not be Overpowered if it did require more skill and had more advanced class mechanics to achieve these results

They do require skill,stop telling yourself otherwise to make yourself feel better.The amount of warriors i see who i steamroll with my own warrior is stupid,most are copy paste builds who got no clue what theyre doing.Also warrior is anything but overpowered,and if so its only because you people arn’t able to handle berserk or healsig..wich means waiting 8 sec before blasting condis away or making sure you can do enough to outdmg 400hp/sec….But that requires a brain and not spamming all your skills away without having to look.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

warrior is not that easy to play because it’s mellee. i gave up playing it. it’s just too hard for me. i prefer ranged classes (ranger, necro, mesmer and ele).

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

They do require skill,stop telling yourself otherwise to make yourself feel better.The amount of warriors i see who i steamroll with my own warrior is stupid,most are copy paste builds who got no clue what theyre doing.Also warrior is anything but overpowered,and if so its only because you people arn’t able to handle berserk or healsig..wich means waiting 8 sec before blasting condis away or making sure you can do enough to outdmg 400hp/sec….But that requires a brain and not spamming all your skills away without having to look.

To be a bad warrior, you shouldn’t even know the foundamentals of the game.

Hell, each time I jump on warrior my leaderboard rating skyrockets to the stars and I don’t even have 70 matches won on it. Stop pretening Warrior requires skills to be played properly.

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

To be a bad warrior, you shouldn’t even know the foundamentals of the game.

Hell, each time I jump on warrior my leaderboard rating skyrockets to the stars and I don’t even have 70 matches won on it. Stop pretening Warrior requires skills to be played properly.

I;m not pretending anything,im saying it how it is,learn to read if youre able to,i gave you a nice explanation as to how it does require skill.A skilless warrior vs a warrior that plays for a year,in your opinion shouldnt mean a thing right ? Because warr does not require skill to play,it would mean the new warr would be able to beat the 1 y playing warr ..This is your train of thought,and you couldnt be more kitten wrong.Every class requires Some skills to play,why would it be diff for warr ? because we have berserk and a healsig ? Man stop fooling yourself already.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I made my own warrior build, now I’m invincible.

No, seriously though. BS’d something, and I can’t tell you how much better I’m doing on a class I’ve played for an hour versus a class that I’ve played for 1000 hours.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I;m not pretending anything,im saying it how it is,learn to read if youre able to,i gave you a nice explanation as to how it does require skill.A skilless warrior vs a warrior that plays for a year,in your opinion shouldnt mean a thing right ? Because warr does not require skill to play,it would mean the new warr would be able to beat the 1 y playing warr ..This is your train of thought,and you couldnt be more kitten wrong.Every class requires Some skills to play,why would it be diff for warr ? because we have berserk and a healsig ? Man stop fooling yourself already.

No, the point is that the profession is completely shallow.

You don’t need to learn the profession, you just jump in knowing only the game basics and you kill other profession much easier as you do with any other profession in the game.

Of course Warrior vs Warrior is a fair match, when only the one with better knowledge of the game mechanic wins (read better dodges, better kiting etc). But put a Warrior against any other profession and then you’ll notice that skill doesn’t matters at all.

in PvP

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

This argument holds no validity. You can’t argue the point that a class is overpowered by testing it against the same class. If that new warrior can faceroll against any other class with a veteran behind the keyboard playing it, the warrior is overpowered. Simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

WvW condi warrior : 32k hp, 3.4k armor, 2000 condi damage, 400 hps.

But it’s not op.

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

At Caedmon.6798:

The amount of people who can read but not understand its huge… Give them time.

Hapy new year

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

No, seriously though. BS’d something, and I can’t tell you how much better I’m doing on a class I’ve played for an hour versus a class that I’ve played for 1000 hours.

This is true. Close to 1600 hours on a Thief, 100 hours on a Mesmer, 2 hours on a Warrior.

Playing with the Warrior gets me the most wins in tPvP and is the most valuable class to most teams.

I agree that the whole CC-spaming is over the top, but the only serious balance-offender is Healing Signet which for some reason avoided a nerf on December 10th, for no good reason.

(edited by Dee Jay.2460)

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

This is true. Close to 1600 hours on a Thief, 100 hours on a Mesmer, 2 hours on a Warrior.

Playing with the Warrior gets me the most wins in tPvP and is the most valuable class to most teams.

I agree that the whole CC-spaming is over the top, but the only serious balance-offender is Healing Signet which for some reason avoided a nerf on December 10th, for no good reason.

Most valuable class = Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

Happy new yearr!!! Please Don’t feed the troll maybe you will lose an arm.

Elementalist – Necromancer

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

Honestly..if youre not able to outdmg 400 hp/sec there is something terribly wrong with your build.Poison/torment can deal with healsig alone.

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

Honestly..if youre not able to outdmg 400 hp/sec there is something terribly wrong with your build.Poison/torment can deal with healsig alone.

That’s not the point. We’re not arguing that warriors are unable to be killed (though doing so is extremely difficult, what with their heavy armor, 18k base health, and highest healing skill in the game). What we are arguing is that Healing Sig, along with all of the other natural defensive abilities warrs have, is the most OP healing skill in the game. Name one heal that can consistently outheal Healing Sig. In truth, there isn’t one. Even Mesmer’s new Signet of the Ether heals for 70 points less per second than HealSig with 3 clones out. That’s insane. Other heals, like thief’s Withdraw, are literally over 100 HPS lower than Healing Signet is. If I remember correctly, the next highest healing skill is Ether Feast with 3 clones out, and that still heals for ~20 HPS less than Healing Signet does. Mesmers don’t get the luxury of having 3 clones up all the time anyways, and spawning new ones takes time, even if that means just evading. Heck, in those calculations, I haven’t even considered cast times, which reduces HPS for all of those other heals by even more. It’s absolutely absurd that Warrior, somehow, is able to heal for so much more than every other class in the game when it already has the highest base health and heavy armor.

We can do more than 400 DPS (though it usually needs to be more like 500 DPS with Adrenal Health). Still, though, your heal significantly dampens our damage, especially when you compare with other class’s heals, and that’s why HealSig is completely OP.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

warriors are not overpowered because if warriors are overpowered, everyone would only play warriors in sPvP and nothing else.

happy new year!

Don’t you only play casually… and even then only hotjoin?
If that is the case sadly your point doesn’t mean much. I have seen people run hotjoins with all the trait points spent but no major trait points picked out…. Any thing will be overpowered to them.
From a tournament perspective warriors are overpowered because they can do almost everything with one build.
On top of that they have the most viable builds.

Some people have a thing called pride keeping them from rolling the FOTM (FOTY?) warrior builds.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

jportell.2197

Nope… people can roll without guardians on their team and still do well. Sadly a bunker warrior an have as much healing power as a bunker guardian and almost 4k armor without taking a shield.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Nope… people can roll without guardians on their team and still do well. Sadly a bunker warrior an have as much healing power as a bunker guardian and almost 4k armor without taking a shield.

Guardians are better in preventing cap/decap of points, better at team suport and have been mandatory on teams since the beginning.
Its your opinion, and i respect that.
Hapy new year.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Guardians are better in preventing cap/decap of points, better at team suport and have been mandatory on teams since the beginning.
Its your opinion, and i respect that.
Hapy new year.

Wow.. no way. Warriors have much better self stability… And They provide much better offensive support for the team while having THE ABSOLUTE highest armor and highest health.

Not to mention healing signet offers the most mind numbingly ridiculous amount of healing in the entire game.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Like i said, it is your opinion. Best regards

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Nothing like dying from AOE hammer attacks while not even being targetted #crazyskill

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

You are bad and have poor logic, uninstall plz.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Nothing like dying from AOE hammer attacks while not even being targetted #crazyskill

hmmm what is your health value and armor values when you died from hammer AOE attacks?

and happy new year again everyone!

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

That’s not the point. We’re not arguing that warriors are unable to be killed (though doing so is extremely difficult, what with their heavy armor, 18k base health, and highest healing skill in the game). What we are arguing is that Healing Sig, along with all of the other natural defensive abilities warrs have, is the most OP healing skill in the game. Name one heal that can consistently outheal Healing Sig. In truth, there isn’t one. Even Mesmer’s new Signet of the Ether heals for 70 points less per second than HealSig with 3 clones out. That’s insane. Other heals, like thief’s Withdraw, are literally over 100 HPS lower than Healing Signet is. If I remember correctly, the next highest healing skill is Ether Feast with 3 clones out, and that still heals for ~20 HPS less than Healing Signet does. Mesmers don’t get the luxury of having 3 clones up all the time anyways, and spawning new ones takes time, even if that means just evading. Heck, in those calculations, I haven’t even considered cast times, which reduces HPS for all of those other heals by even more. It’s absolutely absurd that Warrior, somehow, is able to heal for so much more than every other class in the game when it already has the highest base health and heavy armor.

We can do more than 400 DPS (though it usually needs to be more like 500 DPS with Adrenal Health). Still, though, your heal significantly dampens our damage, especially when you compare with other class’s heals, and that’s why HealSig is completely OP.

So your complain is that you want all classes to have the same base hp regen as healig ? Now thats pretty absurd.You shouldn;t even try and make comparisons with other classes,warriors needed the hp boost from healing signet + the added condi immunity for a plausible reason back then.There is nothing op about healsig At All.I dont have a problem dealing with another warr using healsig,Again… applying Poison/Torment…bye usefullness of healsig.You people beg for easy mode,its pathetic.

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

8/10

very good

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

8/10

very good

would read again

in PvP

Posted by: Adian.8756

Adian.8756

Is this not your 3rd thread with this title? Please stop this non-sense spamming of yours, and leave balance discussion to people who don’t play hotjoin.

Lyann Vail | 80 Mesmer
Aurora Glade [EU] | Leader of ‘The New Reality [NR]’
WvW Beast!

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

8/10

very good

it was indeed an 8/10, but then I scrolled down and read the following, and the thread suddenly became a 10/10.

warrior is not that easy to play because it’s mellee. i gave up playing it. it’s just too hard for me. i prefer ranged classes (ranger, necro, mesmer and ele).

Really good thread to start the year. Spvp subforum already delivering in 2014.

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Similar experience here, I theorycrafted a roamer in two hours and does practically everything my Thief does but better and with less effort. The only thing I miss is SB, lol.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Warriors are not op but need a small adjustment to Berserker Stance and Healing Signet IMO.

Próspero Ano Novo!!

this

compare it with the new mes healsig…

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Próspero Ano Novo!!

this

I would like that.
Lower the passive to the same amount and works with bars of adrenaline (just like the clones), Up the active heal to the same value and give a refresh stance/banner/shout/physical utilities.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Próspero Ano Novo!!

this

I would like that.
Lower the passive to the same amount and works with bars of adrenaline (just like the clones), Up the active heal to the same value and give a refresh stance/banner/shout/physical utilities.

900 every 3 secs would be equal to 300/s on full adrenaline. would be too much for a 1s tick, but if changed to a 3sec/900 tick it could work well i guess.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

warriors are not OP … if anyone would play without stances/immunity

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

happy new year!

how can one argue against such a bullet proof argument? are you like, an irl lawyer ?

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

So your complain is that you want all classes to have the same base hp regen as healig ? Now thats pretty absurd.You shouldn;t even try and make comparisons with other classes,warriors needed the hp boost from healing signet + the added condi immunity for a plausible reason back then.There is nothing op about healsig At All.I dont have a problem dealing with another warr using healsig,Again… applying Poison/Torment…bye usefullness of healsig.You people beg for easy mode,its pathetic.

It would do you good to listen to others’ arguments.

I’m not saying that all classes should have the same healing. However, warrior has the best base defensive stats in the game (highest health, heavy armor), already has a pretty good passive heal as a minor trait (which also heavily increases warr’s adrenaline). It only seems logical that the heal would offset these advantages, but it is in fact the best heal in the game.

It’s also a pretty bad argument to say that your warr can beat another. That had no relevance to how easily other classes can beat warr.

Warrs have the best condi removal in the game (Cleansing Ire is insane, especially with LB’s burst skill), and can get 8s of condi immunity anyways. Furthermore, not all classes can apply poison (Mesmer, guard, ele), and some of the ones that can can only get the condi in small quantities without either having to make a major build change or, for example w/ thief, spamming poison fields all over the place, which is highly inefficient. Plus, it’s not like poisoning HealSig is going to give you more benefit than poisoning a burst heal, which tends to be much more beneficial anyways. And even if you somehow managed to deal permanent poison to HS, it’d still heal you for nearly the same as, say, thief. With Adrenal Health, you’d still heal for more than most classes in the game.

Torment doesn’t affect heals, and it does just as much damage to everybody else as it does to warrs. In fact, warrs are better off than other classes against torment because of Cleansing Ire and the insanely high base health that warrs have anyways, which shores up condi damage.

Funny for a warrior to talk about “easy mode”.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Arganthium.5638

Similar experience here, I theorycrafted a roamer in two hours and does practically everything my Thief does but better and with less effort. The only thing I miss is SB, lol.

Dude. SB is, like, 80% of the reason I can’t get off my thief.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

^

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i had a match in yoloq with 6 warriors… i think we are getting there

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

i had a match in yoloq with 6 warriors… i think we are getting there

good. maybe we can see 10 warrior in yoloQ someday.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

happy new year!

how can one argue against such a bullet proof argument? are you like, an irl lawyer ?

Smart money says PvP Balance Team.

in PvP

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

happy new year!

When not everyone plays warrior, Warr not op no fix needed.
When everyone plays Warr, there is no more needs to fix.

Win

This game is only balanced when no one plays other 7 classes.