Posted by: Backpack.8517

Backpack.8517

congratz boyz, this is it

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

now we need a bigger pvp team for faster balance updates

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Speaking of esports…all stars tournament in 10 minutes!

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Europe vs. China

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Replays, mang. I think GW2 needs a replay file that can be saved after a match and then shared to anyone who’s interested, something similar to SC2. But I’m thinking that it would be hard to implement.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

gw1 had this afaik

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

Its obvious that the only reason Anet suddenly cares about the competitive side of the game is to promote sales in Asia.

String pvpers along for two years with vague promises and poorly implemented competitive systems then finally throw them a bone when you can USE them for marketing a two year old game in a foreign market.

(edited by Jacobin.8509)

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Its obvious that the only reason Anet suddenly cares about the competitive side of the game is to promote sales in Asia.

I don’t care. It serves the purpose: we’ll get more updates.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

esports will be a fail until we can get balance updates faster than once every 5 to 6 months. The balance team really needs to step up their game.

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Did we reach 100,000 viewers on a live stream?

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Replays, mang. I think GW2 needs a replay file that can be saved after a match and then shared to anyone who’s interested, something similar to SC2. But I’m thinking that it would be hard to implement.

Gw2 needs a lot of these types of basic kittening if you want to be an esport features.

we launched without a spectate for kittens sake.

kitten anet for lieing to us

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

dont see any E-Sports in this game

it is not done with some tournaments

a start would be a real ranking to see who is best – and yes for teamQ and with 5man teams only

• this mixed leaderboard we have now is useless where teams farm randoms

a start would be a ladder system to can see who is the best

a start would be INGAME Rewards for skillfull play and not just farming time

• i know arenanet fokus on casuals and so even the kittentiest casual clicker can feel like a hero while throwing his sox on screen

a start would be to make this game so people wanna watch it

• talk about game to fast/to much actions for human eyes
  • to much bullkitten clutter on screen
  • to much blink and shiny grafics
  • to much random effects noone see
  • castbars
  • combatlog (with things like how much dodged and how much dodge fails, how much interupt and how much interupt fails, how heal wasted how much protection wasted and so on …. )

a start would be a dev team who know anything bout pvp and has some experience in other games pvp before ….

a start would be not to trie to copy some egoshooter moba bullkitten …. we payd for an mmo

and a start would be to reduce team size – even blizzard understand 5 man team is to big

bye

(edited by Romek.4201)

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

Really do people make a living of playing gw2? Impressive

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

a start would be to make this game so people wanna watch it

First, your entire post was important but I singled out this part because I was just thinking along these lines.
I just watched the China vs EU match and the crowd just didnt care. People looked bored, uninterested, and there was zero energy. At one point one of the people doing commentary for the matches asked the crowd if they were excited for one of the teams, China I think, and there was NO response. None, not a single “wooo” or “yeaaah”. He even said after something along the lines of “well i guess theres a lot of EU fans” which still got no response. It was just sad.
And the people covering the game were terrible! One guy kept calling runes and amulets by their wrong names, they went over trait trees but didnt mouse over traits or explain builds very well at all. One of the guys was asked to explain how a hambow can lock down a target with their CC and he straight up didnt know. That was a first for me, I have never heard a commentator that unprepared. I ended up muting the sound and just half watched it on my laptop while I played on the desktop because it was just painful to listen to.
IMO this game will never reach a real esports stage. There is simply too much wrong with it and would require a massive overhaul and Anet knows it, its like 50% of the forum posts lol. EDIT: actually they might not know it since they have such a small forum presence >.<

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

That’s because the game is boring to watch. Don’t get me wrong it’s a blast to play, but watching is subpar. Too many graphical effects, and little no room for clutch plays or comebacks. I blame most of it on only one game mode, but that’s a different story. There’s just no tension or excitement in a match. I’ll use csgo as an example since ESL one is happening. Watching someone pull off a 1v2 and disarm is amazing, nothing even comes close to that in GW2.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

esports will be a fail until we can get balance updates faster than once every 5 to 6 months. The balance team really needs to step up their game.

Wasn’t the last balance update in December; over 8 months ago?

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

congratz boyz, this is it

Quit job → go full time nerd → lots of money women fame? :o

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Wasn’t the last balance update in December; over 8 months ago?

Feature patch in April counts – runes/sigils are a serious chunk of balance, and a number of skills and traits were changed too.

We even got hotfixes for Strength runes and ILoveMyParrot runes! Not nearly frequent enough balance patches to stop the meta from getting stagnant again (especially in soloq, where strong individual builds stand out all the more) but it’s much better than nothing at all.

Aaand with feature patch coming in September… that will have been 5 months between proper balance patches. That’s too long.

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Grouch is working Quality Assurance and we get pvp updates and a direct communication link to the devs.
Grouch works Event Manager and we get Gamescom and 50k tournaments.
I see a pattern here.

Fixi

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

we are kittening esports

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

true esports was in hall 7 at gamescom