we melt each other

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

disagree, if your melting its because you dont have defensive skills in your build. Im running a zerker warrior with stances and i can survive for a little bit.

For the first time in this game zerker/Sin classes cant go running around freely. If your attacking a bunker and a zerker comes up and bursts you, you should lose.

People cried for high risk high reward game play and now that its here, the crying has begun.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

disagreed as well…. yes, dps is higher, but so are the defensive capabilities, we just see them played much less in random pvp…..

Also, the glass-cannons won’t run zerker in competetive pvp either, it’s just another random-groups thing: If ppl actually play together, they can just dish out a few autos at the same time and the zerkers will burn trough all their CD’s, deal no dmg cuz they have to run/evade and then die.

It’s similar with conditions: Just add a shoutbow/shoutguard/ele to your team with good cleanse and time the cleanses right (yay – AoE-cleanses now might even have to be timed other than mindlessly spammed :P) and condis will be fine as well, most likely.

I really really like the current patch, but yes, hotjoin-heroes will certainly have sth. to whine about for quite a while – le’ts hope they don’t ruin it for everyone else, like so often.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

kdaddy- I didn’t ask for high risk high reward. I did not ask for my build to be heavily disbalanced. I did not ask for THE MAJOR DEFENSE MECHANIC OF MY BUILD (healing) to get nerfed in the face by being forced to toss out my toughness and have everybody around me be extra zerky.

It is an issue. It needs to be fixed. Bruiser type builds are highly difficult to do right now because of the displacement of stats. Melee builds are twice as hard to zerk because getting within damaging range is a death sentence.

Also, your running a warrior, with the highest HP pool, highest toughness, and DEFENSIVE utilities and you say you last a LITTLE bit. THAT is exactly whats wrong right there.

People are crying because pvp is messed up right now. Pointing the finger at people and telling them to change their build is wrong. We would change our build -If We Had Access To More Stat Options-

Thank you that is all

P.S. I got nothing against super burst people. More power to the mesmers and theives but goshdarnit give us heavies are tankiness back

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It’s all fine adapt.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Like the others have stated, I think it’s fine.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I live WAY longer with same spec as before. The changes allowed me to pick up abilities that I can’t get before patch to stay alive…

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Yeah I’m living longer on a necro than I was before. Also winning 1v2 fights like a champ. Only class giving me trouble right now is mesmer, and one particular warrior build.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

we melt each other

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

kdaddy- I didn’t ask for high risk high reward. I did not ask for my build to be heavily disbalanced. I did not ask for THE MAJOR DEFENSE MECHANIC OF MY BUILD (healing) to get nerfed in the face by being forced to toss out my toughness and have everybody around me be extra zerky.

It is an issue. It needs to be fixed. Bruiser type builds are highly difficult to do right now because of the displacement of stats. Melee builds are twice as hard to zerk because getting within damaging range is a death sentence.

Also, your running a warrior, with the highest HP pool, highest toughness, and DEFENSIVE utilities and you say you last a LITTLE bit. THAT is exactly whats wrong right there.

People are crying because pvp is messed up right now. Pointing the finger at people and telling them to change their build is wrong. We would change our build -If We Had Access To More Stat Options-

Thank you that is all

P.S. I got nothing against super burst people. More power to the mesmers and theives but goshdarnit give us heavies are tankiness back

Im sorry you feel this way but once again i feel its you. Right after this patch i made a cele bunker guardian with shouts and a cele necro bunker and there great at taking dmg and surviving fights. I had a friend tell me he didnt die once in 6 matches with his staff ele build. I also had a guild mate make a bunker build with mace shield/longbow and it has 1 banner with shouts and he said its working to perfection with shouts still healing/ removing condi/ healing teammates and his banner applying regen and toughness and to team mates.

I dont think the game is imbalanced i think people are refusing to change there runes/sigils/ ammys and still expect it to be the same as before. I honestly feel this is the most balanced the game has ever been.

I hated making dps character who couldnt kill squishy thieves,mesmers and rangers because they have lame escapes and i for some reason didnt do enough dmg when everything i used was for dps.

Im sorry you feel this way but im gonna say its more you then the game.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

disagree, if your melting its because you dont have defensive skills in your build. Im running a zerker warrior with stances and i can survive for a little bit.

For the first time in this game zerker/Sin classes cant go running around freely. If your attacking a bunker and a zerker comes up and bursts you, you should lose.

People cried for high risk high reward game play and now that its here, the crying has begun.

what if all my defensives got nerfed or are not even usable?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

i dont like the new patch becose the dmg is way too high. we melt each other in pvp.Mesmer class have to change name to god’s and thief’s to Kamikazi.(suggestion).
survivability 0 for most of the class i thing.The Previous patch wash much better more balance

Nope.. most ppl love this new patch. & your right, with the old meta squishy builds everybody can onslaught & 1 shot everybody. Good news is the old meta has just bin changed. Players are now learning they have to build a tankier build to be able to survive. Meaning less damage but more survivorbility. Work around it. you’l find the build.

Fyi: there is no easy prey now. you gonna have to work for your meat!

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Its fine if you are a mesmer warrior or necro because they melt everyone now xD

I wouldnt ask for nerfs too if I were playing them.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Everyone melts everyone.

Stats from amulets are gonna get shaved first before anything else is done ( if anet is smart)

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Also the skill requirement was raised somewhat. Reacting to burst and applying the appropriate countermeasures is more important than ever now.

NSPride <3

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Rethink your build and don’t melt?

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

I agree, I play a tanky build in PvP, and I just got melted without me being able to do a reaction time heal to a mesmer, and a thief. I won’t play anymore of this until its balanced out, please don’t tell me to adapt, games just unbalanced atm (to be expected after a big skill change patch)

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

so many good bunker builds kicking around now. guards, necros and staff eles are mega strong. I think ranger as well, with the right build. of course, any bunker should die to a 2v1 against very good opponents. that’s how it should be.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Jon Peters already said that damage is too high and they are looking at shaving it across the board.

Thank. Kittening. God.

I know you can’t predict everything when making changes in a patch, especially one as game changing as this, but this was pretty rediculous. >.>

Legendary Defender of Casuals

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

If they nerf the physical damage and condition damage, the fun will be gone.
So far this game is super duper fun to play. The skilled one will not get 1 shot by thief mesmer combo. Bunkers who really build into tankiness are really tanky. Zerkers who build themselves into bursty are super squishy.

Celestial amulet, aka hybrid build isn’t op anymore due to the condition changes + stats changes + boon duration changes +they will get easily shut down by a well-coordination burst combo. (Unlike pre-patch, a Celestial setup is tankier than any other builds that actually build directly for tankiness, and deals 100x more damage).

To be honest, the game is super fun now, and the patch only hits for like 3 days. Please stop complaining and let the meta roll for a while. Burning stacking might need to be looked at, and Mesmer’s Elite “Moa” should be able to moa rampages/tornado/plague/lich form these types of Elite skills to make counter play.

Right now, a well-coordination burst setup can possibility take out “real” bunkers within 30 sec. If the damage gets nerfed, I assume that the bunkers will never die. And that towards to another problem, Celestial rise again and people only will play low risk high reward builds.

Even now with the damage we have, Bunker Necromancer takes forever to kill.

Here is what I want to say, I hope devs saw this and hope they don’t do some bad decision.

I get these feeling from scrimming high-tier tPvP teams and that’s what I feel and what I can tell.

Peace.

Tarcis- Apex Prime

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

we melt each other

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

what if all my defensives got nerfed or are not even usable?

you would have to explain cause i have a handfull of friends who came up with some good bunker builds. So far the best bunker build ive seen has been a staff ele.

we melt each other

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I agree, I play a tanky build in PvP, and I just got melted without me being able to do a reaction time heal to a mesmer, and a thief. I won’t play anymore of this until its balanced out, please don’t tell me to adapt, games just unbalanced atm (to be expected after a big skill change patch)

Please dont tell me to adapt? Seriously? Your in pvp and dont want to change your game at all? What next you want to be the worlds strongest man but dont want to have to lift weights or be the greatest basketball player ever but not have to practice?

Seriously go to utube there is already good bunker builds for the new patch

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

When the tides of change come some people adapt and swim and some don’t and get swept under it and drown.

I think the damage for the most part is fine. The first day I did alright with the new changes. The second day I noticed I was dying too fast with a Rampager Ammie for hybrid damage and crit procs from sigils. But after eating one too many Rapid Fires with only 11.6k HP I knew had to change. So I went back to the drawing board and worked on finding a new combination of amulet, runes and sigils. Sure I lost some of the crit chance, about 50% of it actually, but gained more condition damage and about 9k hp.

Basically there are those crying for the game to change and there are those who changed to win at the game. And those who changed to win at the game are happy to feast on your tears.

we melt each other

in PvP

Razor.9872

When the tides of change come some people adapt and swim and some don’t and get swept under it and drown.

I think the damage for the most part is fine. The first day I did alright with the new changes. The second day I noticed I was dying too fast with a Rampager Ammie for hybrid damage and crit procs from sigils. But after eating one too many Rapid Fires with only 11.6k HP I knew had to change. So I went back to the drawing board and worked on finding a new combination of amulet, runes and sigils. Sure I lost some of the crit chance, about 50% of it actually, but gained more condition damage and about 9k hp.

Basically there are those crying for the game to change and there are those who changed to win at the game. And those who changed to win at the game are happy to feast on your tears.

Tears are ascended quality, I’ll give them that. They make fine crafting mats.

NSPride <3

we melt each other

in PvP

Shadow.1345

Tears are ascended quality, I’ll give them that. They make fine crafting mats.

LOL XD

we melt each other

in PvP

Squee Squashington.5189

I think the damage for the most part is fine.

But after eating one too many Rapid Fires with only 11.6k HP I knew had to change.

Wut?

The real problem with changing your build to combat the current state of burst is that at the end of the day Build Diversity suffers, which will make for a very stale PvP environment.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Are you sure you don’t mean I can’t kill with my bunker spec?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

If they nerf the physical damage and condition damage, the fun will be gone.
So far this game is super duper fun to play. The skilled one will not get 1 shot by thief mesmer combo. Bunkers who really build into tankiness are really tanky. Zerkers who build themselves into bursty are super squishy.

Celestial amulet, aka hybrid build isn’t op anymore due to the condition changes + stats changes + boon duration changes +they will get easily shut down by a well-coordination burst combo. (Unlike pre-patch, a Celestial setup is tankier than any other builds that actually build directly for tankiness, and deals 100x more damage).

To be honest, the game is super fun now, and the patch only hits for like 3 days. Please stop complaining and let the meta roll for a while. Burning stacking might need to be looked at, and Mesmer’s Elite “Moa” should be able to moa rampages/tornado/plague/lich form these types of Elite skills to make counter play.

Right now, a well-coordination burst setup can possibility take out “real” bunkers within 30 sec. If the damage gets nerfed, I assume that the bunkers will never die. And that towards to another problem, Celestial rise again and people only will play low risk high reward builds.

Even now with the damage we have, Bunker Necromancer takes forever to kill.

Here is what I want to say, I hope devs saw this and hope they don’t do some bad decision.

I get these feeling from scrimming high-tier tPvP teams and that’s what I feel and what I can tell.

Peace.

Tarcis- Apex Prime

I mostly agree with but the burns on the cele eles are much too strong considering how tanky they are. and im sorry but Rampage needs it’s damage cut by about 15%, it’s just crazy now. grenade barrage as well. but overall I agree with your points.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

I really feel like damage being high is both a good thing and bad thing. Some of us who play tankier specs are still able to survive using active abilities while others are dropping like flies. Yes, the damage is high, but everything needs adjusting period. Why push damage low enough that its way more viable to go celestial again? zerker damage should be good, just not so good that its redic. conditions should have decent damage, but not have a situation where you either bring burning or are doing nill to nothing. Tankiness should be a factor, but not to the point where we have shoutbow 2.0 basically passively carrying the games in solo queue so hard.

Im in favor of balance, but straight up nerfing damage across the board will take something that is starting to be entertaining again and making it redic (heck, even WvW is fun for once sometimes. thats really kitten new)

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

I wonder how many people who get downed immediately are wearing Zerker amulets and not marauder or crusader? True that damage overall could do with a slight tweak / tone down but in reality people need to start reinvesting in vitality and toughness because finally a glass cannon is now actually glassy.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Collero.7963

Collero.7963

apart from Mesmer & Rampage, I don’t see any problem with the outgoing damage at the moment. It’s far more fun to play this way…

Top 10 TeamQ // Rank 1 & 2 SoloQ // 12,000+ sPvP Games
…and what a waste of time it all was.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

apart from Mesmer & Rampage, I don’t see any problem with the outgoing damage at the moment. It’s far more fun to play this way…

Rampage warriors are the most interesting 1v1 i have fought so far, thinking about your opponent’s stance c/ds where one mistake can land a painful hit, where either can win. Love it! Rampager wars are my favourite to fight for that reason alone. (Medi Guard)

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

may as well just embrace the splatter. 100nades and goku guardian rock and are super fun.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Glass cannons are no longer made redundant by passive defenses, and an over abundance of healing.. <- For the health of the game this is not a bad thing.

btw I don’t quite get all the people crying about defenses being underpowered I can live forever with my condi war unless like 3v1. It was funny, at one point I literally walked up to a mesmer trying to kite me and when he ran out of c/ds for his cleanse he just kind of died… :3

You just have to doge/stability/block the right things even as a bunker or brawler.

Maybe he was bad, or perhaps cuz I play mes so I may understand the class better than another war, but if your losing due to game sense then that’s a L2P issue.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

we melt each other

in PvP

Silhouette.5631

So when my build gets screwed up from an update. Instead of “adapting” and changing to something else, how about I just stand my ground and say “Fix this and give me my defense back”

P.S. Love the new glass cannons. Hate the fact I’m forced to be one of them

we melt each other

in PvP

Shadow.1345

But after eating one too many Rapid Fires with only 11.6k HP I knew had to change.

Wut?

The real problem with changing your build to combat the current state of burst is that at the end of the day Build Diversity suffers, which will make for a very stale PvP environment.

I disagree because I am running with a Carrion Amulet for hybrid damage and 20k hp. I tossed on Lyssa Runes and Sigil of Accuracy for a little boost to crit chance (about 20%). Meanwhile a lot of traditional style burst from stealth Thieves are running with Marauder Amulets. Then with those Mara thieves we are seeing those choosing between CS and SA and even with SA not all are doing it for passive heals in stealth because some are choosing venom sharing.

Outside of the people being vocal about wanting to go back to the way things were there are people out there trying new things and finding they can finally use weapon sets that were garbage in PvP before because instead of crying about change they looked at is opportunity. Right now, with this shake up PvP is like chaos and many out there are taking the Littlefinger view and seeing it as a ladder instead of a big black gaping pit.

we melt each other

in PvP

Shadow.1345

So when my build gets screwed up from an update. Instead of “adapting” and changing to something else, how about I just stand my ground and say “Fix this and give me my defense back”

You know what else didn’t adapt and decided to stand their ground and wanted an outside force to fix it? Every. Single. Extinct. Species.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin

we melt each other

in PvP

Squee Squashington.5189

Wut?

I disagree because I am running with a Carrion Amulet for hybrid damage and 20k hp. I tossed on Lyssa Runes and Sigil of Accuracy for a little boost to crit chance (about 20%). Meanwhile a lot of traditional style burst from stealth Thieves are running with Marauder Amulets. Then with those Mara thieves we are seeing those choosing between CS and SA and even with SA not all are doing it for passive heals in stealth because some are choosing venom sharing.

Outside of the people being vocal about wanting to go back to the way things were there are people out there trying new things and finding they can finally use weapon sets that were garbage in PvP before because instead of crying about change they looked at is opportunity. Right now, with this shake up PvP is like chaos and many out there are taking the Littlefinger view and seeing it as a ladder instead of a big black gaping pit.

Many people, as you said, are also not very happy, and are being painted into a corner to adapt and not being able to play builds they have previously enjoyed. Compared to the rest of this games history, pvp is pretty much a 1 shot fest. And Anet’s even said they’re going to look into adjusting it between now and HoT.

And as much as I respect Darwin, most if not all extinct species didn’t have the choice to deter or alter their cause of extinction.

(edited by Squee Squashington.5189)

we melt each other

in PvP

Shadow.1345

Wut?

Many people, as you said, are also not very happy, and are being painted into a corner to adapt and not being able to play builds they have previously enjoyed. Compared to the rest of this games history, pvp is pretty much a 1 shot fest. And Anet’s even said they’re going to look into adjusting it between now and HoT.

And as much as I respect Darwin, most if not all extinct species didn’t have the choice to deter or alter their cause of extinction.

Yes they are going to adjust some thing but it’s not going to go back to how it was before. The days of the old stale meta are gone and many players are happy for it. People not like being forced to change is an all too common trait in humans. Why have to change when you can just stay comfortably stagnant. They can cry and moan all they want but it’s changed and that is that. They are going to tweak the numbers on conditions and nerf some OP things but condi is here to stay. They want it viable and people have to accept that. Also the zerk meta is gone. If people are getting one shotted it’s because they failed to realize the zerk stats changed and to just pick a new amulet, like Marauder. I was getting one shotted at first too but then I made some adjustments and I am having fun.

As for the Darwin quote it’s more about being adaptive is necessary to progress. I could have quoted Bruce Lee who was stating the Taoist principle of being like water, which is basically saying be receptive to change and adapt. Sun Tzu states that being adaptive to alter strategies to win is necessary to victory as well. I’m sure plenty of others have said similar things as well. The reality is you can adapt and overcome or remain stagnant and get left behind.

we melt each other

in PvP

Squee Squashington.5189

I think you’re confused as to who has to adapt in grand scheme of things.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: jax.5679

jax.5679

I melt people with my ranger. Guess Rangers should be nerfed too.

we melt each other

in PvP

Silhouette.5631

You know what else didn’t adapt and decided to stand their ground and wanted an outside force to fix it? Every. Single. Extinct. Species.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin

You know what we call people who constantly adapt and never stand their ground?
Words that I wont be posting on this forum

we melt each other

in PvP

Shadow.1345

I think you’re confused as to who has to adapt in grand scheme of things.

Oh, I’m aware of who has to but you’re mistaken if you think you’re in the majority opinion here. People in the weeks before were frothing at the mouth to get rid of the old stale meta and to introduce something new. With all new releases it will be tweaked but the old days of just taking zerker stats and relying on other things to carry you is over. Condi competes with power now. You need to think about taking defensive stats from amulets and runes now if you don’t want to be glass.

You know what we call people who constantly adapt and never stand their ground?
Words that I wont be posting on this forum

The salt is strong with this one.

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]
[…]
I dont think the game is imbalanced i think people are refusing to change there runes/sigils/ ammys and still expect it to be the same as before. I honestly feel this is the most balanced the game has ever been.
[…]

That’s a lie if I’ve ever seen one. I picked the most vitality and toughness among all amulets and runes and every single defensive trait in the most defensive/support specializations. Every other enemy could take the guy down in 2 seconds alone, without the help of other party members, when such a defensive setup on a warrior should let the guy live at least 10 seconds against 2 enemies just standing still doing nothing.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

we melt each other

in PvP

Razor.9872

[…]
[…]
[…]

That’s a lie if I’ve ever seen one. I picked the most vitality and toughness among all amulets and runes and every single defensive trait in the most defensive/support specializations. Every other enemy could take the guy down in 2 seconds alone, without the help of other party members, when such a defensive setup on a warrior should let the guy live at least 10 seconds against 2 enemies just standing still doing nothing.

Now this is a lie if I’ve ever seen one.

1) my bunker guard can last in a 1v2 against a glassy ranger and thief for a solid 60-90 seconds.

2) no bunker spec, no matter how tanky, should be able to last longer than 10 seconds by just doing nothing. Tanking is an active roll in combat. The resulted tankiness is should be a result of skills used, not passive stats.

NSPride <3

we melt each other

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

What I found was that while it is really fun mechanically by playing zerker specs and having fast paced fights, there is very little to no rotation at all. Now instead of playing for points its more like cap a point, have a major battle, and then snowball. Most games end in 50-500 after the initial fight and its really difficult to comeback. Basically there is no push and pull rotation of conquest from previous meta since most fights end very quickly.
I still have no solid opinion on whether I like this meta or not, but I feel gw2 conquest has turn into arenas with respawns.

Tour