well mmr is working

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

soon has i got to silver it only took a few matchs for me to know for a fact silver is has far has i will ever go this season with my pvp skills were they are at the moment. i have to say i was sure i would get mad if i could not get to gold or higher. oddly enough its refreshing knowing were i stand. i can tell i will bounce back and forth between tier one and tier two silver. ill be just fine watching the bad kitten ranger/druids on youtube they have good sound tracks going most of the time..PS to all the legendary/platinum ranger/druids please make youtube videos of your matchs you guy are a blast to watch go at it

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Yeah same here I hit t1 plat and saw my win rate come down. Now I screw around duo queing with other players I might not normally play with if I really wanted to fight for a spot in the low 250.

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’d like to say it’s working, but when you bounce between bronze/silver you end up on a lot of teams where the other 4 players don’t understand what “home” is and eat a 20 rating loss every other match.

well mmr is working

in PvP

trunks.5249

I’d like to say it’s working, but when you bounce between bronze/silver you end up on a lot of teams where the other 4 players don’t understand what “home” is and eat a 20 rating loss every other match.

yeah i had a match a few hours ago. my team kept forgetting beasts and couldn’t fight off the thief an necro that kept steeling are beast by my self. i was a little surprised i would get that in silver. by the way anyone else been getting four guards in your team? i have had that happen to me three times already

master jedi david

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

oh geez… i had several matchups yesterday where half (4-6) the players were guards. i strongly agree with those asking to remove the profession specific win daily cheevos, and remove class tacking in matchmaking.

my queue times seem better this season than the last 4… but even then… i still (with a rating around 900 +/- 50 ) end up doubling the average queue times quite regularly.

– The Baconnaire

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

OK, solve me this riddle. I was at around 1900, won some games vs top 10s even and all. Did some games at late night, would gain 4 lose 20 pts. Then i had never ending loss streak for a week or so, i simply couldn’t win a game, it was constant 1v5 that i even dropped from plat 3 to gold 2. Ok, i guess i am bad and should be in gold right? Well, eventually loss streak ended and i got back to plat (plat 2 atm). MMR and matchmaking working? SSssssureeee.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

well mmr is working

in PvP

trunks.5249

OK, solve me this riddle. I was at around 1900, won some games vs top 10s even and all. Did some games at late night, would gain 4 lose 20 pts. Then i had never ending loss streak for a week or so, i simply couldn’t win a game, it was constant 1v5 that i even dropped from plat 3 to gold 2. Ok, i guess i am bad and should be in gold right? Well, eventually loss streak ended and i got back to plat (plat 2 atm). MMR and matchmaking working? SSssssureeee.

mmr does not count human judgment. pvp skill wise i can tell i am where i belong. zerging fighting off points forgetting lords,beasts thats all human judgment and map awareness. i guess i should put it like this when i am in a match where both teams are doing everything right on map and it comes down to pvp skill alone i am silver

master jedi david

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Small population hours doesnt allow the system to work properly, just dont do that.
Also the system worked, you are back at your place.

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

mmr does not count human judgment. pvp skill wise i can tell i am where i belong. zerging fighting off points forgetting lords,beasts thats all human judgment and map awareness. i guess i should put it like this when i am in a match where both teams are doing everything right on map and it comes down to pvp skill alone i am silver

It actually measure your performance as skill with its normal, high and downs. That means: Mechanical skills, map awareness, fluctuations in concentration, in game related jugment, overall mentality (game related traits), group fighting skills and of course build.

If the game was perfectly balanced the build component will not matter and will be more accurate as a skill system, because it will reflect your skills as a mean. Team effect die because of numbers of fights and similar enemies ^^, providing a big enough population.

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

i think you are correct. your skill level should have kept you steadily advancing but for some reason the MMR system seems to have hard capped you and put you in matches where you were meant to lose or hard carry. based on how the MMR evaluates it will subsequently make determinations that are “supposed” to reflect your skill level, but the last time Even posted about this, he mentioned matches you are either supposed to win or lose. when i read that, i took issue with the language because it intimates that the system makes it easier to win for some, while at the same time makes it nearly impossible or very hard for others to win.
the worst thing i ever did was go after the ascension in season 3. i totally tanked my MMR by playing other professions i am not proficient at, and as such it has not recovered – i played approximately 10 matches in season 4 (spent all my time in unranked testing and refining). Went 7 of 10 in qualifying matches ended up in high silver and now it seems that its going to be a grind to get out of gold (getting very little for wining and penalized stiffly for losing). not fond of grinding and i feel that’s there is no way for measuring or rewarding improvement in play. the “good” players always get an advantage and “average” or improving players get stuck in grinds.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

not sure if it’s working,

i had a bad start with 3 wins 7 loss (zerk staff ele team mate, lots of rage quit d/c)

got placed in bronze 3, tried to carry but what can you do when your team mates die in 5 seconds of a fight to some scrub zerk DH and it becomes 5v1? end up dropping to bronze 2, only reason I kept on playing was for the free ascended gear.

After 100 games im still in bronze 2. guess that must be my skill level right? as people posting here say after 100 game you will see your ture rating.

I keep going cause i cant accept im bronze 2 (staff zerk ele, bunker thiefs, team mates losing 3v1, dont know what decap means) I get into sliver and im playing with people who know how to fight but sometimes make mistakes, but at least they dont die in 2v1 and can last more than 5 seconds.

I go on a win rampage and now in gold 1. but now my win/lose is 50 50 so i think i might have reach my limit? im not 100% sure. there were people in bronze who kicked my kitten and there are people in gold whos kitten i can kick. my last gold match rank i tanked mid 3v1 and held off long enough to stop the decap, I stil feel i can go further as i win 1v1 in gold and tank 2v1.

so what am i anet?

after 100 game i was still in bronze now im in gold and can still win fights. am i a bronze rank being carried? or am i a legendary being held back by bad players? or is it all based on luck and not skill?

(edited by hypehype.9047)

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

after 100 game i was still in bronze now im in gold and can still win fights. am i a bronze rank being carried? or am i a legendary being held back by bad players? or is it all based on luck and not skill?

You are the sum of your team, ie 20% your skill and 80% RNG luck.

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

Good explantation, it is based more on luck than skill that is why the “pro players” team up to reduce luck,

So why is our skill being displayed individually in a team/luck game?

(edited by hypehype.9047)

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Good explantation, it is based more on luck than skill that is why the “pro players” team up to reduce luck,

Of course.

A good duo where both players are on TS or otherwise know how to complement each other is 40% skill and 60% RNG luck. That is a massive boost to your chances of winning.

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

you tilted babe, solved

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Of course.

A good duo where both players are on TS or otherwise know how to complement each other is 40% skill and 60% RNG luck. That is a massive boost to your chances of winning.

I would say 80% RNG since the other team can have a good comp to counter yours. I started gold 1 and quickly went to plat 2, was in play for a bit, then hit a 15 game loss streak that dumped me down to gold 2. I got either terrible teams, or we lost by 20-25. I’m 1 win away from being back in plat. Lost 15 games 3 days ago.

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

That’s not rly the mmr system’s fault tho. It’s more lack of players outside of prime time.

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I would say 80% RNG since the other team can have a good comp to counter yours. I started gold 1 and quickly went to plat 2, was in play for a bit, then hit a 15 game loss streak that dumped me down to gold 2. I got either terrible teams, or we lost by 20-25. I’m 1 win away from being back in plat. Lost 15 games 3 days ago.

Happens to me too. You go on a win streak, then you get knocked down by a long loss streak where at least 1 player is a potato. You don’t ever really reach your proper MMR (and you can tell when the players average on your team/enemy team are much worse), you only reach the MMR ceiling at which you can regularly carry.

well mmr is working

in PvP

Posted by: JahCool.3812

JahCool.3812

I actually like this season because players now really care if they win or lose that is why this is the saltiest pvp season ever and I can say from personal experience that my gameplay have improved than this season than all previous season combined.