what counters a DS Tempest?

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

topic

any build currently in the meta or close to meta terms can counter a DS tempest tank without needing to 2v1 for longer than 2 mins?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: ActionRadius.3792

ActionRadius.3792

Scraper, Viper Rev. Necro with small assiste.

in PvP

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

A good offensively-focused hybrid build like: cele reaper (axe/dagger, staff is effective for me) or cele rifle engi. The idea is to burst them down below 90% health with power-based attacks and then apply chill and poison along with other damaging conditions.

However, when you get 2 DS tempests on a point together, or 1 supported by a druid, or even a scrapper, it becomes much more difficult to do this.

I do think something needs to be done about the current bunker meta, as these DS tempests and bunker mesmers are incredibly annoying to fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Takanashi.6548

Takanashi.6548

sick the power rev shiro on him and he is toast

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

what is a DS tempest?

Anyways, best 1v1 build is druid, he beats everything in 1v1’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Shiro/Glint sword/sword + staff marauder revenant.

in PvP

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

people its only doing 10% damage to a DS that you have achieve, thats 1700-2000 damage in most cases or 2 AA from any power build, sorry it stops the overwhelming amount of 1 trick pony condi overload builds 3/4 of the people are running

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Shiro/Glint sword/sword + staff marauder revenant.

I’ve not lost a 1v1 against any rev in weeks on my D/D ele, diamond league, high MMR….

dodge sword3, shocking aura against the melee-pressure, kite him while overloading, don’t waste CC on stability, don’t atk into infuse light…. really not that hard of a MU.

@Topic:

Staff MetaEle is beaten by Druid pretty handily and is heavily pressured by Scrapper and power-rev and can be beaten by them as well.

D/D-Ele is IMHO only beaten by druid.

D/F Ele is so bad I’m not even gonna talk about it. :P

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Condi build? KY Jelly

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There’s only one option: Complain in the forums until it gets fixed.

If there was report options for “cheating” instead having to use ‘botting’ (which is only used by very few who know you are supposed to use that because they read the forums), then those abusing such broken builds would get reported so much that the developers would realize the build is so broken way too many people think they are hacking. That would be the second option.

The third option is bringing a profession that can both deal lots of direct damage and almost permanently remove boons. Necromancers and mesmers are the ones that best remove boons, but their removal can’t even come close to the Tempest’s boon spam, so that won’t work very well.

The fourth is brining another DS tempest, and then either they leave, bored, or you spend all the time throwing stuff at each other until someone else from your team comes.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Practically anything can kill a tempest 2v1 as long as you’re not both bunker. 1v1, you can’t kill a tempest that doesn’t mess up. But he probably can’t kill you either.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

what is a DS tempest?

A tempest that has fallen to the dark side.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: eureeka.5368

eureeka.5368

tempest has 2 choices in earth master tree. 1 he sees necros and revs, he will probably choose diamond skin (no conditions over 90%hp), or if he sees a lot of direct damage , scrappers, warriors, guards and he will most likely choose not to be crit while attuned to earth. really annoying teams will have one of each healing each other in mid point. you need to have a bit of diversity on your team and focus targets.

in PvP

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

what is a DS tempest?

A tempest that has fallen to the dark side.

I think it’s a temptest that only plays in dragon stand (DS). Obviously these other replies are from corrupted slyvari mordrem trying to figure out how to kill temptests. Poor mouth of Mordy keeps dying. All the temptests in the pre events wreak through the mordrem hoardes with all those aoe. The actual trick is retal. Corrupted Mordy posters you need more retal for those meteor showers.

in PvP

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

DS is diamond skin. Diamond skin is a skill that negates all condi’s if health above 90% the only thing that counters diamond skin is extreme burst. Full zerk at times. if hybrid you could keep them down with burst and then apply condis to make the healing not as effective. not many hybrid builds though.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in PvP

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

what is a DS tempest?

Anyways, best 1v1 build is druid, he beats everything in 1v1’s.

It’s a just hybrid tempest that can use death shroud.

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

any necro with more than 20% brain function can take down a DS tempest, which coincidently is about 20% of the players that play necro…

all you have to do is switch amuulet to give you some extra power with the sacrifice of a small amount of that condi burst (and i do mean small) whenever you see an ele on their team, and then AA them for 3-5 seconds and they’ll be below 90%. after that condi bomb away and watch them melt. they’ll either die quick or around 20% health they will run away.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

any necro with more than 20% brain function can take down a DS tempest, which coincidently is about 20% of the players that play necro…

all you have to do is switch amuulet to give you some extra power with the sacrifice of a small amount of that condi burst (and i do mean small) whenever you see an ele on their team, and then AA them for 3-5 seconds and they’ll be below 90%. after that condi bomb away and watch them melt. they’ll either die quick or around 20% health they will run away.

This. All you really need is to corrupt the boons after hitting the tempest a few times with a power build. Tempest simply can’t cope with losing all their boons, especially protection, and getting a ton of conditions on them at the same time. They either have to cleanse the condis or focus on reapplying boons, both of which take time.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

This. All you really need is to corrupt the boons after hitting the tempest a few times with a power build. Tempest simply can’t cope with losing all their boons, especially protection, and getting a ton of conditions on them at the same time. They either have to cleanse the condis or focus on reapplying boons, both of which take time.

never ever ever gonna happen…..

I play main tempest and tested out tons of necro builds with various amulets and none of them stands a chance against a decent D/D-Ele.

The Necro would basically blow all his CD’s to even get the ele below 90% and the Ele would re-sustain above 90% within seconds.

The sustain and dmg-mitigation of a D/D-Ele is just so high and the counterpressure decent, that necro’s simply don’t stand a chance.

Any necro that thinks he’ll beat me in a 1v1 (on my normal D/D-build) is welcome to try.

*edit: lol, hitting him a few times…. with my DMG mitigation of prot and ice aura alone I mitigate 50% of the dmg, and I can confortably heal against any auto-atk pressure without blowing big CD’s. I probably won’t even have to kite. But plz show me this build of your’s, I’m actually curious.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Exactly how can you make the tempest unable to heal(also with a simpe aura), move, dodge, CC , when you’re dealing all that damage as a Condi Reaper?
I find a lot of bad tempests and I was able to kill them really easy also with a condi build.
But if you find a good tempest that know how to heal a little and clean conditions, and inflict it’s really good damage, you’ll never be able to kill him. Not as a condi build.

Viper or Sinister can help for shure, but what’s your weapon of choice?
If you use the classic condi build you’ll never be able to deal good direct damage (or only while in RS, but then the tempest need only to stay away with some leap or teleport and strip you away from the RS).
Do you use dagger or axe to deal enough damage to take them down 90%hp?
Is more or less 10k of hp if they use auras and weapon heals, more if they use the Overcharge of heal or they’re main heal.
How can you deal all that damage while the enemy is moving and all your conditions don’t affect him? (and attacking you)

You’ve find really bad daily tempests or you’re really the best condi reaper ever.

But I’m talking of a 1vs1, if you talk about group vs group is different why the other team members can join you to take down the tempest hp.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Something as cheap as minion mancer – no brain power is required – can beat a tempest. Minion mancer builds make me dislike necros in general. It’s annoying AF and the people that play that build are the slowest thinkers

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

There are so many builds that can beat a DS Tempest, ranging from favorable matchups like Scrapper, Druid to less favorable ones like power Rev/hybrid Reaper (you need to be as good as the Tempest).

The ones who complain about DS are the low MMR ones that expect to win every thing using their condi spam without power/rotation. And it’s not like they will die to a full bunker Tempest anyway (if they die to those wet noodle hits, they have no right to complain)

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.