what if... theres no hotjoin...

in PvP

Posted by: ReiKen.9783

ReiKen.9783

im not sure if anyone already suggested but im thinking if theres no hotjoin?
only custom arena, solo queue, team queue? will that be better? this will add more players to solo queue and team queue.. this will also prevent hotjoin strategies that they will carry to solo queue and team queue because it is 5v5 team not 8v8 and definitely not 10v10 team..

(edited by ReiKen.9783)

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

it would have been good if they launched like this. But now it’s too late.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I think it would be way better. Hotjoin is completely unnecessary. Anet should host few custom arenas and name it: “for beginners”. That way Team Arena and Solo Arena would have higher populations and matches would be more “fair”. More players = mmr works better. And if you’re good enough you won’t be matched with those beginners anyway, so there is no need to cry about that.
I think this is a great idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

hotjoin is fun. you can kill people at random places not worrying about your ranking. it’s the most enjoyable part of pvp.

stop suggesting to delete it.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I think they all have their place but it’s true that having 3 different PvP systems does segment the player-base.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

if you don’t want hotjoin then dont play on it. it’s really easy. i use hotjoins to try out new builds.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Rezz.8019

New builds could be tried out in Custom Arenas. Anet could host few just for that.
Point of removing Hotjoin would be to have more enjoyable and more fairly matched Solo and Team arena games.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Honestly it wouldn’t matter if they got rid of hotjoin as it is today simply because Anet failed to allow friends to hotjoin together. Though I would rather they fix hotjoin to allow people to join together since, as it stands you only have 2 viable options to play: either play solo, or be in a group of 5 people all on voip. There is literally no viable option for playing with 2-4 people since, if you don’t have 5 (and the limited number of people that even play it) you will likely get curb stomped in team arena.

If Anet wants the pvp community to grow, they are going to have to make spvp more approachable to people who don’t have 5 friends on voip that want to play together. They should also hurry up and make some different game modes (CTF, deathmatch, etc.). Even if those game modes aren’t great for competitive play, they can at least just put them into the hotjoin list for players to have fun.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

i say let it stay. enough said.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Theres thousand posts of players that hate spvp because when they do tournaments they find n00bs that make them lose matches and matches.
Have you idea what would happen if we eliminate the tournaments?
All that “n00b” players whould come in tournaments.
And that’s not a good idea.

Hotjoin was been created for player that don’t know how to play in spvp.
They play hotjoin, learn how to play and then they go in tournaments.
It’s not the main rule of a large number of players that play tournaments at rank 3, but for a large amount of players that’s the reason why there’s the hotjoin.

P.s. sorry for my bad english

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

ANet has stated many times that they will not remove hotjoins.

Best to focus feedback on areas of the game (balance for example) that have a slim chance of getting better with player feedback.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Amitabh Bachan.4385

Amitabh Bachan.4385

Solo q is less enjoyable at this point than hot join might as well delete that too

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

they won’t remove hotjoin because all games need a clustercrap game mode where players can just stack in a group, kill people and tell themselves that they’re good at the game if they succeed. but hotjoin is a cancer

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

I spend half my time in hotjoins taking it easy and testing stuff out to alleviate soloq nerves. However I am sure that an unranked normal queue with hidden mmr would be an amazing substitute.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hotjoin = casual, hop in and drop out any time.
you can’t remove hotjoin servers.

tournaments (solo arena, team arena) = sit in the match from start till end.

removing anet’s public hotjoin servers will make things worst, not better.

people have more fun in hotjoin than in tournaments.

It’s a neat idea and I’ve suggested it many many times before but they won’t change it for dumb reasons.

Tbh, though, there would need to be an unranked arena for the casuals to play in. You can’t just remove hotjoin and tell everyone they have to play ranked only—it wouldn’t be fair.

it is a very bad idea and you should stop suggesting it because it will only hurt sPvP more than help.

again, hotjoin = freedom, the ability to hop in and drop out anytime, no strings attached.

tournament games does not have that flexibility.
not everyone who plays sPvP wishes to participate in a tournament environment, especially when the community has serious elitism and arrogant attitude.

remember, guild wars 2 is a game made for casual players.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaorune.2347

Shaorune.2347

if any changes need to made to hotjoin, its making the standard room size 5v5 and nothing bigger. and possibly remove the money reward.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

if any changes need to made to hotjoin, its making the standard room size 5v5 and nothing bigger. and possibly remove the money reward.

no. there are already plenty of empty 5 vs 5 anet’s public hotjoin rooms.
more casual players prefer 8 vs 8 anet’s public hotjoin rooms anyway. not sure if they fixed that “8v8 preferred when clicking play now button” bug or not yet though.

the money rewards is fine. it will stay.
do remember that glory will be removed in the future.

drastically increase winning rewards for solo arena / team arena instead of asking for removing the participation gold rewards in hotjoin. your proposal reeks of elitism and is extremely un-casual players friendly.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Hotjoins are where I go if i wanna farm some quick glory. It’s also fun pulling kitten that wouldn’t work in top 200. It’s hilarious making people QQ by camping skyham with a terror necro

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

People have been asking for this since solo queue was added. It’s common sense, honestly.

errr no. it is definitely not “common sense” but more to “selfishness” and “elitism” that is quite abundant within the sPvP community.

removing anet’s public hotjoin servers will not help the situation.

these are some better fixes:
- much better winning rewards for solo arena
- better tutorial for conquest mode
- advanced tutorial for conquest mode

please stop blaming anet’s public hotjoin servers for solo arena’s and team arena’s problems. the problem lies with the toxic sPvP community, especially those elitism “veteran” purist 100% sPvP only players who thinks their opinions matters.

the welfare of casuals players will always be a priority.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

People have been asking for this since solo queue was added. It’s common sense, honestly.

errr no. it is definitely not “common sense” but more to “selfishness” and “elitism” that is quite abundant within the sPvP community.

removing anet’s public hotjoin servers will not help the situation.

these are some better fixes:
- much better winning rewards for solo arena
- better tutorial for conquest mode
- advanced tutorial for conquest mode

please stop blaming anet’s public hotjoin servers for solo arena’s and team arena’s problems. the problem lies with the toxic sPvP community, especially those elitism “veteran” purist 100% sPvP only players who thinks their opinions matters.

*the welfare of casuals players will always be a priority. *

what elitism? do you even know what elitism is? Hotjoin is broken. it should be removed and replaced by a 5v5 (it makes 0 sense to have an 8v8 when skills are capped at 5 targets) solo queue-like queue, except with no rating. This way people could practice without destroying their rating (in case anyone still cares) and actually learn the game without having to deal with so much imbalanced games.

And why do you keep saying that hotjoin is the place for casuals to go to? Hotjoin is super anti casual. It’s frustrating. Solo queue IS for casual players. It’s the best way for those that just want a few games and don’t have time to find a team to play the game. Solo queue is just as casual as it gets. You’re mixing casual play with “i don’t want to know how good I actually am” play.

Oh and btw THIS " *the welfare of casuals players will always be a priority. * " is elitism in its most obvious form.

(edited by ahuba.6430)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what elitism? do you even know what elitism is? Hotjoin is broken. it should be removed and replaced by a 5v5 (it makes 0 sense to have an 8v8 when skills are capped at 5 targets) solo queue-like queue, except with no rating. This way people could practice without destroying their rating (in case anyone still cares) and actually learn the game without having to deal with so much imbalanced games.

And why do you keep saying that hotjoin is the place for casuals to go to? Hotjoin is super anti casual. It’s frustrating. Solo queue IS for casual players. It’s the best way for those that just want a few games and don’t have time to find a team to play the game. Solo queue is just as casual as it gets. You’re mixing casual play with “i don’t want to know how good I actually am” play.

examples of elitism in this forum from my point of view:
- “hotjoin is cancer”
- “hotjoin is broken”
- “hotjoin is super anti casual”
- “hotjoin produces bad players”
- “hotjoin is the reason i get bad team mates in solo arena”
- etc

that’s elitism, at least that is how i see it.
oh, you are wrong. hotjoin is not broken. hotjoin is working as intended. well, at least the 8 v 8 hotjoin servers are. it is a place where people can join in and drop out anytime, no punishments, no commitments. you cannot find such freedom in solo arena.

have you played casual games of counter strike or team fortress before? players come and go in those games. 8 vs 8 hotjoins is exactly like that, a place for casual players to come and go. you cannot deny casual players their right of play since from beta weekends, from launch, anet’s public hotjoin servers have existed, way earlier before solo arena was introduced.

“it should be removed and replaced by a 5v5 "
no. because auto team balance works better in 8v8 than in 5v5. there are much more players playing in 8v8 than in 5v5 anet’s public hotjoin servers anyway. still not sure if the play now button bug is fixed or not though.

“(it makes 0 sense to have an 8v8 when skills are capped at 5 targets) solo queue-like queue, except with no rating.”
it makes sense because the auto team balance is more effective in a 8v8 room. because in hotjoin games, players come and leave without restrictions.

forcing people to queue for a tournament environment is very selfish. leave the queues for solo arena and leave hotjoin alone. not every player who players sPvP wishes to participate in tournament environment. please remember that.

“Solo queue IS for casual players.”
wrong. solo arena is for players who wish to participate in a competitive environment but they do not have a team of players and wishes to join up with 4 other random players. they are locked down for 15 minutes or at least until the match is over.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

a friend from me is doing his pvp daily every day in hotjoin and i was trying to get him in tournament jsut to show him what he miss

he Qued for teamQ and said to me: “i have to wait to can play? No thx”

seriously – not all ppl care for ranking, leaderboards, fair matches … they jsut wanna jump in and play and with deleting hotjoin this players would NOT start to paly soloQ or TeamQ they would just leave pvp at all

stupid suggestion

they should make current teamQ to unrankedQ and add an 5ppl only Q

all others is uselss

would be than

• hotjoin
  • unrankedQ (Current TeamQ)
  • soloQ
  • ranked teamQ (full teams only) – when dont find a team than ask all 5 minutes “no team found wanna paly unranked while waiting?”

thats how the game should be

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Not trying to play the devil’s advocate, but at least one arena both unranked and with a self-sustaining playerbase is needed in any pvp format. Pity how ill it was implemented on GW2 though, because it is rather clear how objectives above the usual ‘annihilate the opposing party’ type are too much to ask for from your typical Joe Hotjoiner.
But it seems SoloQ isn’t much better off…at least not in the depths of ELO hell.

• hotjoin
  • unrankedQ (Current TeamQ)
  • soloQ
  • ranked teamQ (full teams only) – when dont find a team than ask all 5 minutes “no team found wanna paly unranked while waiting?”

thats how the game should be

Pretty much.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Romek.4201

and best with this would be they can make players have to win 20-50 unranked matches befor can join the others

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

A small prereq to entering arenas on higher level should be something amongst those lines, yea, although 50 is rather high…but given the objective-based game mode, it is somewhat warranted, I suppose.

As a matter of fact, I now remember than even GW1 has a requirement for new players to ‘unlock’ higher pvp arenas (RA—>TA—>HA) by winning a certain amount of matches in the previous arena. Must be another instance of a feature ‘lost in transition’.

On a side note, all the non-GW peeps out there should check out how the GW1 version of (unranked) soloq looks like: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Random_Arenas
…and die of jelly.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

custom arena kits would stop selling = no way this could ever happen not even in a gazillion years.

in PvP

Rezz.8019

I would never ever play unranked match. I like solo and team arena just the way they are. I can choose to enter any way I want, and there is ranking to keep me motivated. However, quality of games would improve a lot if hotjoin was removed and those players would enter arenas. There would be more people therefore matchmaking owuld work better.

in PvP

Romek.4201

people would play unranked when make it like this:

• rankpoints 200 – hotjoin
  • rankpoints 400 – unrankedQ (Current TeamQ)
  • rankpoints 750 – soloQ
  • rankpoints 1000 – ranked teamQ (full teams only) – when dont find a team than ask all 5 minutes “no team found wanna paly unranked while waiting?”

-with more than 20 games won in unranked it use MMR from solo,teamQ
- lower than 20 games won it use default MMR and find your start MMR for solo,teamQ
- to join soloQ or teamQ you need 20 games won in unranked
- to join unranked you need lvl 10 in hotjoin

simple and would fix ALL problems we have right now and would give some progress

solo + teamQ should than have some leagues like:

• 01% – 80% – bronze
  • 81% – 500 – Silver
  • 500 – 1 – gold

- matchmaking should only match people in their league
- rewards should be high in some seasons so people wanna play it

spvp fixed

thx^^

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

More than anything else – hotjoin is the reason this game died completely from a pvp perspective.

Hotjoin is miserable because there is no competitive element (winning or losing really doesnt rank you up faster and ranks are pointless anyway). It is also miserable for other reaons:

1, All games are unbalanced because people can drop in and out of teams which just makes it constantly an unfair match up.
2, You cant play with friends – really its 2013 – the whole world is based around connecting with people and your friends. But in GW2 – a mmo which is a genre based on player interaction – you cant play with your friends? That is ridiculous
3, It divides the player base – obvious and means everything just dies.

The point of pvp is competition. Hotjoin killed that. It was billed as a COD type system. But in reality it works different to that because people in CoD stay to the end way more often for reasons that should of been obvious to anet. Also a game briefly being 4v5 in cod doesnt matter because you can easily win 1v5 in cod if you are good enough. In an mmo that is impossible. Also cod has a huge player base of players who can then fill any spot which opens up.

Honestly, I hate to say it but the devs killed this game. Their design decisions didn’t work. That is a fact. And rather than reverse it, they dragged their feet and refused to admit that this game had utterly failed. Look at how long they resisted new game modes. Same with hotjoin. Same with much of their balance work. But balance is a minor problem, the biggest problems are much bigger than balance. And that is why its expansion or bust for pvp in this game. The pvp will never be born again (its currently totally and utterly dead) until an expansion.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

lol

i mainly come spvp aka hot joint to 1 v 1 only. So it’s better stay where it is …

I don’t really enjoy much spvp because people just build around circle thing. I would

love some like a death match pvp. something like GvG in Obsidiam but smaller scale

with huge space

BG

(edited by Sunt.6835)

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Relax. Hotjoin is good way for players that have limited time or no team to play some pvp.

Just today I found much better hotjoin games than solo-queue. There are more balanced games now than there was couple of months ago. Players in hotjoins are not all new to pvp. There are enough players to make some team effort and skill to count.