what is thief evade spam build? condi?

in PvP

Posted by: Aethercat.7906

Aethercat.7906

sometime i am to match up against enemy thief with questionable build. i wonder how to land hit on thief so many evade he to use bleed stacking, evade more. there to be trait also grant evasion i work out now.. Instant Reflexes… not fun fight against.

how to fight such build? having many bleed stack.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

theres 2, power with acro staff, and yes a condi version with d/d. U beat the condi version by ignoring it and forcing it into teamfights where it’s exceptionally useless, let it cap ur home point who cares outnumber mid and far right away. Unless ur a DH/mes/rev its gonna take forever to kill it and ur making it useful by letting it tie u up in a long drawn out fight. also Ele is a STRICT hard counter.

(edited by Vicariuz.1605)

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

one word : lucky
You may be have a little chance hit them between their dodge. But this is all about Lucky. No any skill there. And also you can watch them kill the lord of Foefire in the NPC stacking position but no way to stop them.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

When you see d/d condi teef. The ele and heavy cleaning is your hope. If not, this teef can beat any 1V1 except warrior. But the main point is warrior also can’t beat him in same level. Anyway, if you want to beat a good teef. Use teef is the only way in this season.

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

When you see d/d condi teef. The ele and heavy cleaning is your hope. If not, this teef can beat any 1V1 except warrior. But the main point is warrior also can’t beat him in same level. Anyway, if you want to beat a good teef. Use teef is the only way in this season.

this is so not true xD, DH mes and rev reliably kill the d/d dodge build, warrior just stale mates it. but to reiterate, ur most effective means of combatting this garbage build is to completely ignore it.

in PvP

Posted by: Aethercat.7906

Aethercat.7906

theres 2, power with acro staff, and yes a condi version with d/d. U beat the condi version by ignoring it and forcing it into teamfights where it’s exceptionally useless, let it cap ur home point who cares outnumber mid and far right away. Unless ur a DH/mes/rev its gonna take forever to kill it and ur making it useful by letting it tie u up in a long drawn out fight. also Ele is a STRICT hard counter.

ok i am to try playing more situational aware. the thief always to lure off side or focus me sole after CDs are up, still very hard landing hit.

team fighting does help. i thank your replies in thread for help! still very awful build fight to against.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’ve actually had a pretty easy time fighting these Evade Thieves as a Shoutbow Druid as well. I guess it’s mainly due to being able to attack from range and “Protect Me” being an easy cc to hit them with, which allows me to then cc them again or hit them with a good burst.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

tU beat the condi version by ignoring it and forcing it into teamfights where it’s exceptionally useless

Huh, I like to play dd condi thief because it actually does pretty well in team fights. Probably a l2p issue.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

You may be have a little chance hit them between their dodge. But this is all about Lucky. No any skill there. And also you can watch them kill the lord of Foefire in the NPC stacking position but no way to stop them.

self entitlet pros will said you that is a easy target, that their evade frames have holes and its only timing matter.
For normal players playing in normal computers and normal net acces is only a matter of luck, recognising their evade patrons+calculating cast time+net lattency+human reaction time to land your hit in the window of non evading in mid of evade is a matter of luck unless you have too many hours in game and a near than the firts part recognision an calculating cast time are pure by incstint and of course top tier computer and top tier net connection

in PvP

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

I trash them on my condi warrior and I’m no pro. They’re just below average players in terms of skill. My advice is to hang til they out of initiative using blocks, invul, dodges cleanses and then stun them… After that the real fun begins. If you can ’t do that just walk off the point. They have crap mobility.

To all of you, condi thieves <3

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Get them onto broken terrain. Like tiny ledges. And just kite that ledge.

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

tU beat the condi version by ignoring it and forcing it into teamfights where it’s exceptionally useless

Huh, I like to play dd condi thief because it actually does pretty well in team fights. Probably a l2p issue.

and what division are u in? this does not work in plat3+

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

and what division are u in? this does not work in plat3+

Myagi used it in NA plat all day and night earlier in the season.

Simply put, you need to have the counter build and timing and your fine. If you dont run else where.

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Druid – set a pet to attack him and shoot him from range
Engi – put acid bomb and thunderclap to make a big aoe radius. Use reflect, shock sheild and rocket charge use offensively.
Warr – if he use bandit defense smash him with unblock
DH – kite him and set traps
Rev – porting to him from range and run away
Necro- use chill

Condi thief is not good. I was trying it, it was fun, but this build have many counters if enemy can play his class well. So against this thief try to be at range except warriors and engis.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Have you considered things like traps, or ground-effect pulsing aoe, which don’t require “landing” a hit so much as the enemy being in the zone?

in PvP

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

I play this build.
Practice landing cc’s right when they come down off the spinning/jumping dagger attack. We are vulnerable then. Also, the build is very weak to other condi’s. If you land a condi bomb, stop attacking. Our condi cleanse procs off of successful evades, so no attacks to dodge=no cleanse.
Other than that, yeah, ranged attacks and not getting baited into chasing with 2 or 3 people is your best bet. We do have relatively low mobility on this build, so take advantage of that. Good luck!

P.S. Rev or power thief counters this?. . . lol, no.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

P.S. Rev or power thief counters this?. . . lol, no.

90% of Revs can be trashed with this build, but the other 10% will curbstomp this crap. Is just that Rev has 0 tolerance to mistakes, but once the skill is there is much better to fight against a team with a Thief with lowered mobility.

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Let D/D thief do the decap into a cap. Go 5v4 elsewhere and win the fights, sending 2 back to fight the thief if he/she is lingering.

The key is that D/D is absolutely atrocious for teamfights, their evade spam can be interrupted so much by multiple opponents. Their sole purpose in life is ‘breaking’ the meta of letting the usual “1v1 professions” who also can do their weight in teamfights, lose that 1v1 always.

The moment you +1 a D/D, they are toast essentially. And they should be only +1ed when it is safe for your other points to do so.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

roll a DH symbolic which has a lot of condi removal and kill him.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend