what was the ele useing?

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i run a condi ranger with runes of balthazar/rabid amulet.in a match i was fighting a ele he ate up my traps.bonfire, everything i threw at him.his hp never went below 95% and he just slowly picked me apart.i know eles are tanky now but wow.anyone who knows condi ranger know bonfire alone can hurt bad.to be honest i think the first time he killed me i swear it looked like is hp never even went down at all. at first it crossed my mind that he could be hacking tell i saw a warrior kill him..how ever that guy was set up was pretty impressive

master jedi david

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

it was diamond skin. That’s a bad matchup for a condi ranger, but if you go celestial or carrion and focus on your direct damage skills until he gets below 90% health then start your condi burst then you might be able to beat him.

That’s a duel I wouldn’t engage in if I were you unless you were defending your own point either way, though.

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

But still another great testimony to Ele OPness.

Even during the nuclear burn meta, the Ele is uncontested vs. condition builds.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Not really… the meta cele ele build doesn’t even run earth most of the time. Diamond skin is a problem for pure condi builds, but if you can’t get an ele below 90% before blowing all your cds, then you kinda put all your eggs in one basket and payed the price.

Even if the meta build swapped in Earth(which they sometimes do) it is usually taking Stone Heart to protect against builds heavily reliant on crits for passable damage, which is most marauders.

Ele is fairly strong in many matchups for several reasons, but Diamond Skin is not one of them.

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

it was the hidden elite skill from ele, because all elite from ele are op, like all skills with zero recharge.

1/4 cast time : “go to the forum and cry how OP all of the ele skills are” zero recharge.

… ah.. again .. anti ele thread..
… for your information: condi Ranger is lame, play melee ranger.
or l2p

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

trunks.5249

it was the hidden elite skill from ele, because all elite from ele are op, like all skills with zero recharge.

1/4 cast time : “go to the forum and cry how OP all of the ele skills are” zero recharge.

or l2p

what are you talking about crying? i said the guy was impressive.i just wanted to know what he did.has for melee vs condi ranger that’s a matter of a persons play style. no reason to be trolling on a legit question on a thread

master jedi david

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Not really… the meta cele ele build doesn’t even run earth most of the time. Diamond skin is a problem for pure condi builds, but if you can’t get an ele below 90% before blowing all your cds, then you kinda put all your eggs in one basket and payed the price.

Even if the meta build swapped in Earth(which they sometimes do) it is usually taking Stone Heart to protect against builds heavily reliant on crits for passable damage, which is most marauders.

Ele is fairly strong in many matchups for several reasons, but Diamond Skin is not one of them.

That’s a poor excuse to justify a broken mechanic that shouldn’t be in the game. No trait mechanic completely counters another build in GW2. It’s not that it’s OP, it’s a mechanic that needs to be completely reworked.

I guarantee you that if Ele meta swapped to earth, they would go Diamond Skin instead of Stone Heart if they were going against a full condi team. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been any successful condi teams yet in the ESL. Every single person in the ESL/WTS with the exception of maybe, burn guards, are power builds.

You have very little argument to justify DS being in the game.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

or l2p

what are you talking about crying? i said the guy was impressive.i just wanted to know what he did.has for melee vs condi ranger that’s a matter of a persons play style. no reason to be trolling on a legit question on a thread

Dont care about him, and as said, he was probably using Diamond Skin, bad luck there :/

M I L K B O I S

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

trunks.5249

or l2p

Dont care about him, and as said, he was probably using Diamond Skin, bad luck there :/

yeah everyone has said diamond skin i just don’t know why that guy thought i was crying OP

master jedi david

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

or l2p

yeah everyone has said diamond skin i just don’t know why that guy thought i was crying OP

Regardless of your intentions, the majority of ele players feel rightfully on the edge, we all know that the gw2 devs are incapable (unwillingly?) to properly balance their game and therefore most professions end up with 1-2 PvP worthy builds at any point in time.
That one build will be ofc the center of the nerf/buff cycle promoted by “active forum discussion” typical of every MMO; you must realize that as soon as you mention D/D in your thread for whatever reason..you will soon receive visit from people with blood in their eyes and white foam on the sides of their mouth…don’t take it personally

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

or l2p

He really didn’t do anything impressive his build is just hard counters condition builds harder than any other hard counter matchup in the game. Diamond skin makes him immune to conditions while his health is over 90% so basically if you don’t have any decent direct damage to break that threshold all of your conditions will do absolutely nothing. Because 90% is a pretty small margin for a non condi build, the trait is largely used for trolling condi builds, such as your self.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

it was diamond skin. That’s a bad matchup for a condi

The ranger-pet alone brings enough direct damage to take care of dimond skin.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

trunks.5249

it was diamond skin. That’s a bad matchup for a condi

The ranger-pet alone brings enough direct damage to take care of dimond skin.

lol in this case nope he was really good dodged every pet attack like i said dude was impressive to watch.nothing like feeling like your being toyed with .in the end he will make me a better pvp player for it

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

or l2p

Regardless of your intentions, the majority of ele players feel rightfully on the edge, we all know that the gw2 devs are incapable (unwillingly?) to properly balance their game and therefore most professions end up with 1-2 PvP worthy builds at any point in time.
That one build will be ofc the center of the nerf/buff cycle promoted by “active forum discussion” typical of every MMO; you must realize that as soon as you mention D/D in your thread for whatever reason..you will soon receive visit from people with blood in their eyes and white foam on the sides of their mouth…don’t take it personally

I remember when the cele meta just started, I was using 3 cantips for condi cleansing, allowing me to make a lot of stupid mistakes.

A month later, I started to realize how much cheese was carrying me. Unable to understand certain escape tricks, using skills badly like Earthquake whenever in a fire field, Updrafting on recharge, missing Burning Speed and Ring of Fire.

I wasn’t really punished for those mistakes.

Yet, this one necro got kitten, challenged me to duel him with HIS mirror build and I just laughed. I watched him make every mistake I used to make, running the same cheese I used too.

_

I think I was the ONLY skilled Tempest in the beta. I would run into every fight and just start wrecking because I understood the core mechanics of every skill and how vital it really is to hit your skills.

I want the cele ele meta gone because players have NO idea how to play ele, they use their skills on rotation, whether the skills hit or not.

The biggest issue with Elementalists is their lack of punishment, it was exactly what was wrong with Engineers last meta. You could just eat attacks, miss attacks but recover completely.

what was the ele useing?

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

That’s a poor excuse to justify a broken mechanic that shouldn’t be in the game. No trait mechanic completely counters another build in GW2. It’s not that it’s OP, it’s a mechanic that needs to be completely reworked.

I guarantee you that if Ele meta swapped to earth, they would go Diamond Skin instead of Stone Heart if they were going against a full condi team. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been any successful condi teams yet in the ESL. Every single person in the ESL/WTS with the exception of maybe, burn guards, are power builds.

You have very little argument to justify DS being in the game.

I am using Settler Amulet and I know how to break another elementalist’s Diamond Skin. Perhaps something is wrong with your set-up, or perhaps it is just burn guard?

Try Sigil of Leeching: it is 975 damage unmitigated.

Alerie Despins