when are the grenades getting fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

engies are now running full bunker builds that can survive 1v2 or 1v3 while exploiting the grenades to still do burst damage

zzz

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Ranger bug? Fixed in one day after discovered

Mesmer OP traits? Fixed in 1 day after discovered.

Engi game-breaking exploit? 4 days now no fix.

The favoritism is real.
Anet, you should be ashamed.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

The favoritism is real.

You know based on that fact..
I honestly wonder if this is working as intended.

They obviously can fix things 1-2 days in.
I find it hard to believe that if this was truly bugged, like the mesmer or ranger, that they would leave it for as long as they have.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

The favoritism is real.

I find it hard to believe that if this was truly bugged, like the mesmer or ranger, that they would leave it for as long as they have.

If it’s intended, then this game’s pvp might as well just close it already.
Favoritism to the degree of disgusting.

in PvP

Solori.6025

The favoritism is real.

Makes you think.

I feel like, if this is going on, same with everyones burst being able to 100-0 you in seconds.
Maybe this is intended for engineer, like it is for everyone else.
And the problem wouldn’t be engineer. But the damage formula they have for skills across the board.

And their wont be a fix until everything across the board gets nerfed.

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

The favoritism is real.

Makes you think.

I feel like, if this is going on, same with everyones burst being able to 100-0 you in seconds.
And the problem wouldn’t be engineer. But the damage formula they have for skills across the board.

https://youtu.be/3lQbbUJQroM

Yeah right, 20k damage by clicking one bottom is so not broken…
And don’t pretend you sacrifice alot of survival for it. It only takes 2 traitlines + 1 utility to do it. You can still grab tool kit and elixir s for survival.
And also don’t pretend it’s hard to land when you can throw it while stealth /immobilize/ Moa form.

Also it’s not just tool belt, the #1 skill does double the damage too.
Stop using other classes as excuse, I already tested that broken build myself in ranked battle already. Now I refuse to que up before they fix it. Also stop JUSTIFYING this build. It shows alot about you if you do.

in PvP

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

this is hugely broken i got one shotted on mky ele with over 2k toughness and 24kh hp with all my boons up. thats unacceptable damage.

in PvP

Solori.6025

The favoritism is real.

Makes you think.

https://youtu.be/3lQbbUJQroM

Yeah right, 20k damage by clicking one bottom is so not broken…
And don’t pretend you sacrifice alot of survival for it. It only takes 2 traitlines + 1 utility to do it. You can still grab tool kit and elixir s for survival.
And also don’t pretend it’s hard to land when you can throw it while stealth /immobilize/ Moa form.

Also it’s not just tool belt, the #1 skill does double the damage too.
Stop using other classes as excuse, I already tested that broken build myself in ranked battle already. Now I refuse to que up before they fix it. Also stop JUSTIFYING this build. It shows alot about you if you do.

Simple things because you are hyperboling and being kinda childish.

1. I am not defending this, just saying that if it was a bug, then anet would have nerfed it along with the mesmer. But they havent.
So what IF it is intended?
I’m pretty sure I did say I wonder IF

2. I never said anything about survivability. Where did you get that from?
I actually never mentioned a specific build.

So drop the facade of pointing fingers to make a point. When the point is being made in game with EVERYONE doing insane burst.

3. The fact is everyone is powerful. My question is what if this is the one thing for engi that is also stupid broken powerful.
Look around. Guardians and ele doing 5-6k burning
Mesmer’s,thieves,engies,war doing high burst with little to no counterplay.

So the question What IF is a valid one.

If it gets nerfed it gets nerfed, but my hope is that if one thing on ANY profession gets nerfed, they take the time to look across the board and fix everyone.
not two professions every 6 months.

p.s.
Neat vid, maybe i can show this to everyone that keeps saying mesmer/ele is godmode.

(edited by Solori.6025)

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Has anyone not still considered they just may not know how to fix it yet? It isn’t just a magic button sometimes you know?

I mean, they nerfed Mortar Auto attack for goodness sake, so you’d think they’d fix a bug which makes 13 grenades fire instead of 6-7 and pierce.

I honestly believe they just don’t know how atm.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

I hate to say this but even with the grenade bug, it’s much better to fight that over slick shoes.

And if they do nerf the grenade bug, what build will engis go? I think a shave will be fine, more burst builds are better.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

engies are now running full bunker builds that can survive 1v2 or 1v3 while exploiting the grenades to still do burst damage

zzz

Believe it or not, but the people at ANet are human beings that don’t work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It’s the weekend. I wouldn’t expect anything until Monday at the soonest.

in PvP

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Well, it is the weekend

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

zzz

Believe it or not, but the people at ANet are human beings that don’t work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It’s the weekend. I wouldn’t expect anything until Monday at the soonest.

The point is the hypercritical attitude.

They fix many of the “not so broken” bug within a day (ranger’s tonic bug doesn’t even work in PVP, only WvW, and they fix within half day).
For all the Mesmer’s “potentially strong traits”, they fix them within 1 day too lol…

But this barrage thing, which is relatively game-breaking, they leave it their for a long time. This is somewhat ridiculous. Also like I said before, it’s not just Barrage, the first skill is bugged too and throw doubled the grenade as well.

Can’t they just hot-fix to reduce the damage by at least half first as a band-dage before they come out a solution of throwing less grenade? Surely doing a mere “number fix” wouldn’t be as hard as reducing the mokittenamage by 28% zzzz…
The hyperbole is real.

Oh, btw, people who use “no other build” as excuse to justify the bug, this is the most ridiculous argument either. You haven’t adapt and grasp the new system, yet you’re already pretending that you know it all. Maybe is because that you haven’t find the legit build that works FOR YOU, that you QQ about Engi being weak?

For swapping swiftness, it’s still there. If you don’t want to pick Tool, you still have the invention line, which has free 25% speed AND -33% soft cc duration. (That trait is much better than all the 25% walk speed traits and signets)
Ranger, for example, doesn’t even have a freaking trait that give perma swiftness or 25% walk speed. Engineer really has NO PLACE to complain about it whatsoever.
Engi is my main too, and from what I see you guys are just a bunch of spoiled brats to complain about how weak Engi has became, and use it to justify an exploit that shouldn’t be there.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

As i said in another thread i am not so sure it is a bug. If you try it in pve now eng is viable with nades as every other class. People don’t want engi in any pve party for their suppose lack of damage. This nades behaviour let engineer have the same dps pressure in pve which many other classes already have. It could be something Anet wanted to do, but it had a side effect on pvp

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

As i said in another thread i am not so sure it is a bug. If you try it in pve now eng is viable with nades as every other class. People don’t want engi in any pve party for their suppose lack of damage. This nades behaviour let engineer have the same dps pressure in pve which many other classes already have. It could be something Anet wanted to do, but it had a side effect on pvp

No, Engi used to have the 3rd highest dps in the whole game.
People don’t want Engi before only because there are so few of them who knows the class that can utilize it. The dps/blast rotation is more complicated than most classes, that so many of them suck at Engi and give people a false impression of Engi being bad.

in PvP

PierPiero.9142

I understand your point but it is really boring that i can not make a dungeon becouse people don’t want me in his party . And what is fun , is that the only dungeons i can find in lfg for an engi is fractal > 30 … becouse people who makes higher fractal know the game better and so they know eng can have good dps too … I don’t want this behaviour for pvp , but i’d really like to have it for pve .. .

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Its working as intended if it wasn’t they would have already fixed it by now. right?

Within 24 hours of patch release mesmer received a few nerfs with some of them being rather unwarranted with either why or how much they were reduced. However if another class has an unbalanced aspect it suddenly takes 6 months to see how things will play out….

Don’t take this as a all other classes that kill me are op post. Im all for my skills getting reduced for the sake of being somewhat balance. My anger stems from the issue that when its a mainstream profession skill that out of balance it takes an extended period of time to “figure out whats wrong” while other profession skills are immediately ground nerfed mere hours after a patch

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Its working as intended if it wasn’t they would have already fixed it by now. right?

Within 24 hours of patch release mesmer received a few nerfs with some of them being rather unwarranted with either why or how much they were reduced. However if another class has an unbalanced aspect it suddenly takes 6 months to see how things will play out….

Don’t take this as a all other classes that kill me are op post. Im all for my skills getting reduced for the sake of being somewhat balance. My anger stems from the issue that when its a mainstream profession skill that out of balance it takes an extended period of time to “figure out whats wrong” while other profession skills are immediately ground nerfed mere hours after a patch

Nice joke. They fixed many things like 2~3 years later, which they later stated it’s not working as intended.

Your argument is a joke. It just happened that Anet is ALWAYS nicer to Engi that they’d let them exploit things alittle longer than most classes, like Ranger, which is their least favourite class. They always nerf every aspect of ranger so quickly. (looking at spirit build and bm build, which neither of them are as strong as the current Engi or Mesmer or Ele)

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in PvP

PierPiero.9142

Nice joke. They fixed many things like 2~3 years later, which they later stated it’s not working as intended.

Your argument is a joke. It just happened that Anet is ALWAYS nicer to Engi that they’d let them exploit things alittle longer than most classes, like Ranger, which is their least favourite class. They always nerf every aspect of ranger so quickly. (looking at spirit build and bm build, which neither of them are as strong as the current Engi or Mesmer or Ele)

I belive instead it was an intended behaviour , in real life nades are piearces a lot …and probably they made this thinking at pve and did not evaluate how it could be OP in pvp. This let me suppose it is not so simple to change it now for pvp only. From a pve point of view nades now are correct and if you remove them you have to give something else ( they also downed mortar ) . I am not saying it is not OP in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

It is without doubt bugged, and the reason we didn’t have a “nerf” before the weekend is probably because this needs a mechanical fix, namely causing the grenades not to pierce.

How did this happen? Well they where planning to make coated bullets for pistols baseline, and yet here we are without that pierce and suddenly grenades pierce. Hmmm. And to my fellow engineers please do not abuse or “defend” this, theres nothing to defend. Its a bug, and hopefully we can get the pierce back where it was supposed to be. And its not a small bug. Its like when rocket turret only fired overcharged rockets in its auto attack. Grenade kit is going to be just fine without this.

And on the other hand for the people using the favoritism argument. You know how long it took them to nerf mortar kit? And who even complained about that? And yeah maim the disillusioned was a strange kneejerk nerf, what with the out of nowhere buff to PU still going strong.

in PvP

echo.2053

I belive instead it was an intended behaviour , in real life nades are piearces a lot …and probably they made this thinking at pve and did not evaluate how it could be OP in pvp. This let me suppose it is not so simple to change it now for pvp only. From a pve point of view nades now are correct and if you remove them you have to give something else ( they also downed mortar ) . I am not saying it is not OP in pvp

^^ didn’t get the memo about the joke. Ill go ahead an get tammy to fax you a copy of a copy of the memo, also I need that TPS report so if you can go ahead and come in on saturday and sunday that would be grrreaaat.

grenade barrage is hitting double then what they should. Btw pierce in gw2 isn’t the same as pierce in real life

@toxsa LOL you got me I was being too lenient, I was caught in the monotony of anet just changing skill facts to suit needs rather then to face the problem head on. Expect a future patch to say “fixed grenade barrage skill fact – throws 12 grenades instead of six”

in PvP

echo.2053

Here is the prof to end all arguments about nades being bugged

watch this video and specifically pause the video at the 53 second mark and look at his combat log. From just 1 toss of his skill 1 he hits the light golem 5 times, none of the skills he is using gives him 2 extra grenades.

mortar skill 1 on release was too powerful it was doing 4k hits, but yeah your totally right engi’s 1 nerf within 24 hours compared to the 5 that mesmers received in the same time frame…. how selfish of us

in PvP

Posted by: Dothl Lai.5829

Dothl Lai.5829

Look at all these salty people LOL. As being said in the “So you are crying that Mes is too strong…” thread, there are counterplays called " blocking, invuln, immune to damage, stealth, kite, teleport, AoE blind." So put it up people, meanwhile enjoy your butt getting rekt by GB.

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

nearing the end of 1 business day after the weekend without fix.

in PvP

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Look at all these salty people LOL. As being said in the “So you are crying that Mes is too strong…” thread, there are counterplays called " blocking, invuln, immune to damage, stealth, kite, teleport, AoE blind." So put it up people, meanwhile enjoy your butt getting rekt by GB.

Blocking: blocks one hit of the attack, unless you are another engi, war or guard. Guard has to waste a healing skill to block it, Also, engineers have an unblockable pull, and stealth to make it so you cant even see the attack coming,

Blind: same as block, only effects one hit.

Invuln: works fine, is also on big CD skills, and once again, GB can done from stealth meaning that you might not even se it coming.

Kite: full range unblockable pull, can be done from stealth, not really an option.

Teleport: once again pull, stealth noticing a pattern yet?

But please, keep trying trying to protect your broken skill.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

now 2 days after the weekend with no fix, but hey we got new dyes and a new outfit in the gemstore!