why do people spam in down state #1?

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Hey guys.

can any 1 explain the logic , or the reason why people spam #1 when in down state ?

I can understand it if the enemy is also very low, or both you and enemy is down. but when its a grp fight or even 1v1 and the enemy(s) has pretty high health why do people still insist on spamming down #1 skill, I have no kitteng clue. you are defeated – it’s over. (this happenes in wvw tooi know)

I am asking as I main thief in pvp and I regularly shadow refuge allies yet they still spam #1, even though i call it in chat! not only did the guy die, i lose my shadow refuge to sealth another allie.

SO why do people do it? i just don;t understand. this is not pve where we face ambient creatures.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Well if I feel I’m going to die, I may as well do some damage before I go and hope an teammate comes along soon to finish him off. Why wouldn’t you? Do you just sit there and do nothing? Or if my “heal” gets interrupted which it often does in a group fight and the only button left is #1 then yea I’m going to do damage. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: necrofail.7439

necrofail.7439

Necro downstate = lich with boon removal.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I sometimes do to try to clear any potential blinds on me before I use my CC or if I think I can break a guys Aegis that might help me get up, or if someone else is close to death. Other than that though, as a Shoutbow warrior I really don’t even try. On my Necro, it just helps me stay alive because it drains HP.

I try to be aware of nearby ally thieves though.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Because except the situation where an ally stealths you, it’s a good thing to do.
You keep the enemy in combat longer and certain downstates are pretty strong. The engineer one can stack a lot of chill which if they can’t remove it makes it very hard for them to run to another place and if they do remove it maybe they waste an important cooldown for that.
Also necro traited downstate.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

but when its a grp fight or even 1v1 and the enemy(s) has pretty high health why do people still insist on spamming down #1 skill, I have no kitteng clue. you are defeated – it’s over

it’s over

Speak for yourself. As a Necro I even let myself get downed against especially slippery Thieves when I can’t catch them just so I can kill them with downstate in wub. With PvE stats and Fire Salsa I can get my 1 skill to hit for 1.4k and it hits about 2 times a sec. This means you dun goofed when Chill of Death proccs or when Fetid Ground is up.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

but when its a grp fight or even 1v1 and the enemy(s) has pretty high health why do people still insist on spamming down #1 skill, I have no kitteng clue. you are defeated – it’s over

it’s over

Speak for yourself. As a Necro I even let myself get downed against especially slippery Thieves when I can’t catch them just so I can kill them with downstate in wub. With PvE stats and Fire Salsa I can get my 1 skill to hit for 1.4k and it hits about 2 times a sec. This means you dun goofed when Chill of Death proccs or when Fetid Ground is up.

Downstate #1 on my Necro can also proc fire and air sigils and maybe even spinal shivers trait. So it can hurt an enemy extremely. Most professions I’ll let bleed out but, Necro, Rangers, and sometimes Mesmers I do not.

For Shadow Refuge, a couple of times a nice thief has used it on me out of the blue. I’m downed and focused on machine gunning away at #1 looking for a rally. I’m going way too fast to stop in time before I break the stealth. We’d have to be in voice comm’s and call it out to prevent such a thing.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

What i don’t understand is..Ele’s/Thieves/mesmers…Have this thing stuck in their head that they ALWAYs need to mistform/port/stealth when in downed mode even when it’s 1on1 and there’s no possible way of ever getting up,nor is there anyone close to res them they Inisit on stealthing/porting/using mistform…It’s not gonna save you,it will only drag on your death a bit longer..When i notice them doing it and them having to know it’s practically pointless at that time…I’ll bleed em out as long as i can..You wanna drag it out…Ill drag it out a bit longer .

in PvP

Posted by: Mister TaCo.8135

Mister TaCo.8135

@Caedmon , try to use your brain on this one. If fighting on a point, you can delay enemy point capture by using downed skills(preventing yourself from being stomped).

Although stealthing/mistform doesnt prevent it 100%, it forces your enemy to sit there and have to autoattack you or perform the stomp again. but this example only applies to points that you own/are uncapped.

As what someone else in this thread said, doing extra damage is always a bonus, even if it’s minimum.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

What i don’t understand is..Ele’s/Thieves/mesmers…Have this thing stuck in their head that they ALWAYs need to mistform/port/stealth when in downed mode even when it’s 1on1 and there’s no possible way of ever getting up,nor is there anyone close to res them they Inisit on stealthing/porting/using mistform…It’s not gonna save you,it will only drag on your death a bit longer..When i notice them doing it and them having to know it’s practically pointless at that time…I’ll bleed em out as long as i can..You wanna drag it out…Ill drag it out a bit longer .

Clearly you’ve never played Mesmer. The downed #2 is designed specifically to PUT the Mesmer in harms way. If you’d of used it for any length of time you’d know this to be true. Other supporting evidence: devs clearly hate mesmer.

;D

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

@Caedmon , try to use your brain on this one. If fighting on a point, you can delay enemy point capture by using downed skills(preventing yourself from being stomped).

Although stealthing/mistform doesnt prevent it 100%, it forces your enemy to sit there and have to autoattack you or perform the stomp again. but this example only applies to points that you own/are uncapped.

As what someone else in this thread said, doing extra damage is always a bonus, even if it’s minimum.

I’m talking about the pointless situations where they’re just delaying their own death and increasing the time they can get respawned since there is No player near or coming towards that person.If you think delaying your own death when there is no way of getiing up again is a valid strategy…then use that Brain and go for it..

@Ross,please read…

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I’m talking about the pointless situations where they’re just delaying their own death and increasing the time they can get respawned since there is No player near or coming towards that person.If you think delaying your own death when there is no way of getiing up again is a valid strategy…then use that Brain and go for it..

@Ross,please read…

Totally did ;D

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

in PvP

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

@Ross,please read…

If they’re in the middle of nowhere, and you’re hanging around dragging out their death… yes, it’s longer before they respawn, but they’re also keeping you from doing anything as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

People who know what’s going on, stop attacking in downed state if they are sr’ed (unless there’s a specific reason for attacking). The same people don’t try to heal themselves unless there’s a decent chance they’ll get ressed. Oterwise you attack your opponent because any damage done can possibly help an ally coming a bit late to the rescue.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Hey guys.

can any 1 explain the logic , or the reason why people spam #1 when in down state ?

I can understand it if the enemy is also very low, or both you and enemy is down. but when its a grp fight or even 1v1 and the enemy(s) has pretty high health why do people still insist on spamming down #1 skill, I have no kitteng clue. you are defeated – it’s over. (this happenes in wvw tooi know)

I am asking as I main thief in pvp and I regularly shadow refuge allies yet they still spam #1, even though i call it in chat! not only did the guy die, i lose my shadow refuge to sealth another allie.

SO why do people do it? i just don;t understand. this is not pve where we face ambient creatures.

If you don’t 1 spam you’re bad unless a thief is there to res. Keeping people in combat as long as possible is one of the best things you can do before you die.

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

Hey guys.

If you don’t 1 spam you’re bad unless a thief is there to res. Keeping people in combat as long as possible is one of the best things you can do before you die.

this is my point lol, why??? spamming #1 dose not make the stomp cast time longer. like i said i can understand if the enemy was also low but when they are above 50%?

and that necro vid lol! thats a bit extreme isnt it :p

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Nope. If the Necro is power he has a flat +70% damage on the Spinal Shivers procced by Chill of Death. Necro downstate was always good, but since the patch fixed traits not working in downstate its absolutely based.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

it has to do with a complicated equation of salt pressure.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Hey guys.

this is my point lol, why??? spamming #1 dose not make the stomp cast time longer. like i said i can understand if the enemy was also low but when they are above 50%?

Try thinking about what I said.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Why not? You killed me I want to annoy you as much as possible, if a friend is near it’s worth it, if it has conditions even better you stay in combat longer as an necro downstate builds have meta potential.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Engies can stack the hell out of chill from downstate. It’s annoying or funny depending on if you’re the engie or the other person.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Engies can stack the hell out of chill from downstate. It’s annoying or funny depending on if you’re the engie or the other person.

That’s RNG just wait for the revenant slow fest I hope it doesn’t track in stealth.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I want to keep my enemy in combat and as low of health as long as possible. That way they either have to wait a couple seconds before hitting my team, or they are an easier target for my team.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

More than once I came from downed state by taking down someone with the downed skills.

What else would I do? Lay there letting them finish me off easily so they get 5 points they do not deserve? Yeah. As if.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

Hey guys.

Try thinking about what I said.

I can say the same to you, I main thief in pvp and its kitteng annoying when I call – even spam shadow refuge 3 times and yet my allies still get kittens clicking #1 when down

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

people seem to ignore the fact that I said in my original post that I main thief in pvp.

I have shadow refuge, I can stop a stomp, even turn a fight, my allies can see that I am a thief yet still ignore My shadow refuge.

I am only rank 43 but still, I play solo ranked mostly and I see a lot of legendary “chumpion” title’s. there is not much of an excuse for people to not see what I am going to do when they are down.

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

in PvP

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

They have to know when to stop attacking. It’s obvious when a thief is going to refuge.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I’m amazed by what I’m reading. If there’s a thief in your team, never AA in downstate while getting stomped! When the stomp animation starts, you have the choice between:

- A super week AA
- 3-4k damage on a necro untraited, if your opponent is very dumb
- 2s of chill (woo…hoo)
- doing nothing and NOT GETTING KILLED

Fat Disgrace is only rank 43, but he gets it. It’s so annoying, not only on thief, but also on mesmer and engineer, to risk a cc and time your stealth at the very end of the animation, and if 2 people are stomping, or one from stealth, it’s pretty much gg anyway. I know it feels unnatural to not roll your face over the keyboard all the time but this is not me playing Mortal Kombat: sometimes in this game you just have to wait for your team mates to do the job and not interfere.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Who said that autoattacking is all you’ll do? There’s 4 downed skills. You only autoattack when there’s nothing else you can do.

And you certainly won’t attack if you are cloaked or someone is popping a stealth, or someone with retribution, or under confusion. You can’t see the confusion effect icons, but you can see the visuals.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in PvP

Fat Disgrace.4275

More than once I came from downed state by taking down someone with the downed skills.

What else would I do? Lay there letting them finish me off easily so they get 5 points they do not deserve? Yeah. As if.

well yeah, you died and failed – and the quicker you’re finished so you can re-spawn to get back to another objective or your team the better. isnt that the right ?

If i am down on a point by my self then I will use #2 and #3 (if I get time) other wise i will do nothing. i would rather die, give them 5 points and get back to the game asap.

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)