Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

do ranked?
/15 charrs with apples

why do we still have courtyard...

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Got any stats for your general consensus? My experience is that it gets picked almost every time it shows up…

The real question is, why doesn’t it have its own queue yet?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I agree, courtyard should have an opt out. It’s best for specific classes and builds.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I miss stronghold beta weekends; no courtyard.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its deathmatch, deathmatch is not a gimmick. Maps like skyhammer are far more gimmicky.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

I love courtyard!

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Courtyard should have his own queue, honestly i don’t see any reasons why people who don’t want to play tdm are forced to play tdm if the map is chosen.

Same like people Who want to play only tdm.

Basically is the same issue stronghold had before anet (smart move ) decided to split the queues.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

I think OP should change the title to….
Why we want more courtyard….

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I like deathmatch but am not a fan of courtyard. To avoid it, play ranked though. But ANet, when we get Stronghold, please add more DM maps and add a queue for DM, Conquest and SH.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I like deathmatch but am not a fan of courtyard. To avoid it, play ranked though. But ANet, when we get Stronghold, please add more DM maps and add a queue for DM, Conquest and SH.

this!

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

+1
[x] Team Deathmatch
[x] Conquest
[x] Stronghold

TDM can be a big hit if it was done right.

• Courtyard – same game mode that can be voted on.
  • Courtyard – best out of 3 mini rounds – 5 minute time limit – lowest health loses
  • 2v2 if duo queued – Implement rounds and a 5m time limit – lowest health loses

The way 2v2 can works is, matchmaking will take 10 players inside the queue as usual. If 2v2 game mode is voted/picked then it will split the 10 players into individual 2v2, 2v2, 2v2, on their own separate maps.
If Anet wants to take this a step further, it could be Red vs Blue vs Green (team vs team vs team) on the same map and they all have to stomp to get points.
/takemymoney

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

So its only people who play some kind of tanky/cele/bunker builds that don’t like this map?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

So its only people who play some kind of tanky/cele/bunker builds that don’t like this map?

Hey dont put us in there, courtyard is my favorite map and i run staff ele and zerk warrior most of the time when it isnt a daily. Easily the most fun map to me since you can do it all. You can range dps, you can bunk in the mid of there zergs if they dont spread out, heck today i ran my trap ranger in there and they just sat in there little 5 man pack and ate my trap damage. Its almost like people brains shut off when they see death match.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanther Deathbringer.4762

Zanther Deathbringer.4762

No, its pve players who dont like pvp to begin with who cant get their dailies or reward track done that dont like this map. This is why foefire (the pve map) is the most popular map for both trashpugs and pug stomping pre-mades.

in PvP

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

All I know is that as someone just trying to get in to PvP, I don’t shudder with revulsion when it chooses courtyard the way I do when Battle of Kyhlo gets chosen. I say that as someone who’s been pretty purely PvE focused since release.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No, its pve players who dont like pvp to begin with who cant get their dailies or reward track done that dont like this map. This is why foefire (the pve map) is the most popular map for both trashpugs and pug stomping pre-mades.

Pretty sure Foefire is the most popular map period primarily because of the massive size of the Graveyard point drastically weakening decap builds and basically forcing teamfighting to secure the point.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

No, those builds are the most successful on Courtyard. It’s the damage builds which hate because everyone blobs and spams and it’s so easy to die to cleave.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz