sapphire was hard enough

now i’m facing better players, get worse players on my team and it becomes even
harder to rank up?

doesn’t quite make sense, does it?

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

It does, when you raise to higher rank and your skill level does not match the rank you are in you will stuck there or drop down. Unless you get better and carry your team then you would just be stuck there, that is as far as your skill ever goes. Just like most games with rank like dota and lol.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

i’m facing better players, get worse players on my team

I’d love to know where you are drawing the conclusion that ranking up means worse pugs. That’s not how the divisions work.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Actually it is true, worse players with low mmr to start with climb divisions faster than better players with high mmr. Divisions then account for 50% of matchmaking.

Just today i got matched with a ruby and 2 sapphires and all 3 of them had no basic idea of rotations, are inept mechanically, wolf rank and in a party. Needless to say, they told me to l2p once i tried to tell them how to rotate and who to focus. -shrugs-

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

i’m facing better players, get worse players on my team

I’d love to know where you are drawing the conclusion that ranking up means worse pugs. That’s not how the divisions work.

basicly what reaper said
and I still get emeral teammates, but now I face other ruby opponents
and still buttload of premades…

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Actually it is true, worse players with low mmr to start with climb divisions faster than better players with high mmr. Divisions then account for 50% of matchmaking.

^Just one more thing that makes me cry inside about the league system.

Ruby being harder could work, but the whole system is so utterly broken, it’s just one more thing added to the very salty diet that is the new PvP.

Broken meta (by FAR the worst in the history of GW2), broken MMR, ppl abusing the system in tons of different ways, good players being punished with longer Q’s, premade opponents, and bad player catching up cuz they tanked their MMR or just were able to play against easier opponents.

ANet really needs to act fast. I’m not saying stupid stuff like “I’m gonna quit if they don’t nerf X or fix this or that”, but I’m saying it’s not very enjoyable for me right now, which makes me a sad panda.

Atm I seriously think the game would be more enjoyable without any MMR whatsoever and only solo/duo-q.

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

darres.8203

welp…i dont know what to say

Attachments:

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

sapphire was hard enough

now i’m facing better players, get worse players on my team and it becomes even
harder to rank up?

doesn’t quite make sense, does it?

I think I’ll take back all my complaints about being stuck in Emerald…
My sympathies to you.

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

welp…i dont know what to say

I really think this picture defines how leagues are right now. I don’t mind losing tiers with that but if you’re up against all of them and they’re all partied up and then you’re all pugs, that’s just unfair. I’m sorry about that.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

darres.8203

got more where that came from

this game lol

Attachments:

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

^ 2 diamonds + 2 pro league ruby players, good lord.

I didn’t mind losing tier, but if we have to be matched up against pro league players 2 divisions above us, then I’m gonna support to allow Ruby to not lose tier.

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

darres.8203

my solution is much simpler

seperate team and solo q

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

my solution is much simpler

seperate team and solo q

The queues are structured as they are for a reason; splitting the populations cause more problems than it solves.

I have a hard time believing you can’t scrounge up a few friends, run premades, hop on Skype and shrek people. Try to make friends with competent people while you’re solo-queuing; before long you’ll start duo-queuing which is a massive improvement. Then trio-queuing then quad-queuing then soon enough you’re a full premade MLG superstar.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Boss Nomad.6487

Boss Nomad.6487

The queues are structured as they are for a reason; splitting the populations cause more problems than it solves.

+1

I would like to see this sentence to spread like all the sentences that make no sense at all.

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

darres.8203

@Sarrs
well it’s like this, I’m running into abj in soloqs, if I team up with people with decent mmr
then i’m sure to get them everytime

there’s a reason why these guys are in the PRO league,
they dedicate so much time and effort into their game plays, us normal/casual players can’t hope to match
if it were easy to put together 5 guys who can beat them, then they wouldn’t be so popular

right now most of the top NA players are working TOGETHER to farm pugs
abj, pz, spvp, you name it
they purposely group with 1 low mmr players or use alt accounts to low their over all mmr just so they’d get easier ques
and they play at least 10 a hours a day

they very well could just duo or solo q but they choose not to
i’m one of the few players who solo q (mostly) their way into ruby, and now I hit a wall

I understand not everybody should be able to hit diamond
it is competitive after all but
losing to them in this way is just vexing

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Just today i got matched with a ruby and 2 sapphires and all 3 of them had no basic idea of rotations, are inept mechanically, wolf rank and in a party. Needless to say, they told me to l2p once i tried to tell them how to rotate and who to focus. -shrugs-

I know that. But how does that make his opponent team automatically better, while making his team bad?

Also if low MMR climb faster does that not imply that the OP could be low MMR?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

darres.8203

@crinn

because I hit ruby and I get paired up against tougher opponents
you can gauge how high a person’s mmr is by his or her opponents

for example, if you consistently get paired up against say…(key word consistently)
oh…i don’t know, guys like these guys

you can bet that person’s got top mmr

Attachments:

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

If you are solo queing (judging from your rank you are not) Ruby is all your going to get to anyway.

remember: win one game get a pip, lose a game (with the same point total) lose 2 pips.

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

If you are solo queing (judging from your rank you are not) Ruby is all your going to get to anyway

I solo/duo que and im on my way to diamond..lel

To legendary 10x boisss

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

you are full of it..

why does ruby lose tier?

in PvP

darres.8203

If you are solo queing (judging from your rank you are not) Ruby is all your going to get to anyway.

remember: win one game get a pip, lose a game (with the same point total) lose 2 pips.

lol how am I not solo queing?

have you seen the screen shots