why is foefire so popular?

in PvP

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

why is foefire so popular, i seem to play over half my matches on it?

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Because its a straightforward, flat map without any real gimmicks. Its the purest conquest PvP map there is because the secondary objective in foefire is the least distracting and least rewarding one considering the time it takes to kill the gates and then kill the lord.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Forest is popular for similar reasons. The Beast mechanic is simple and doesn’t interfere much with the game unless two teams are trying to get the kill. Maps like Temple and Kylo have Stillness, Tranq, and the treb. Stillness and Tranq can drastically change the outcome of a game. One team a couple hundred points ahead can lose if the other team gets Stillness with Tranq for a 6 cap. Kylo is just terrible with pugs. Usually some terrible player will hop on treb and stay on it as long as possible all game while the other team caps points. You can only hit one point at a time and the treb is slow. It’s situational, but too many players don’t understand when to use it. Hell, I don’t even know when to use it aside from being too far from an important point and your own team needing to get the point quickly. It’s good for helping get decaps too.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

treb is only good for trebbing mid if the other team eat all the trebs at mid.

otherwise it creates a 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

treb is only good for trebbing mid if the other team eat all the trebs at mid.

otherwise it creates a 4v5

I didn’t think there was a treb in foefire, or did you not read the title or OP

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

I didn’t think there was a treb in foefire, or did you not read the title or OP

Read the thread, dude. They’re talking about why Foefire is better than other maps, such as Kyhlo.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Because people can rush NPC to win….

Nearly a third of total score can be accomplished by doing PvE… In a PvE orientated game it only makes sense, even if it should be player vs player.

Best map is Khylo for me, take out treb, no map mechanics left, just players vs players.

(I like my PvP against players without trebs, NPCS or map mechanics though)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

If you allow the other team to cap your lord on foefire, you’ve got a pretty disorganized team.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

because its a huge map with a fairly difficult but powerful win condition (lord kill) that rewards both strong teamfight and rotation presence

likely the best map currently, forest of niflhel is close second although it suffers some flaws such as clunky/uneven map and terrain design and easily killable beasts that reward a rather significant buff apart of points

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

I pick foefire because it has the potential to be over the soonest. Best for grinding out dailies… I used to be a hardcore pvp player but this is what it has come to.

in PvP

Posted by: Drussthelegend.2630

Drussthelegend.2630

I never vote for Foefire because its garbage. The Lord is too weak and worth too much. I would imagine its voted for because feebs think killing the Lord is going to guarantee them victory.

(edited by Drussthelegend.2630)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I hate that map the most tbh. It is stupidly hard to get decaps there vs half decent druid. If your team can’t win mid, it is extremely hard to win match since you have to go through mid or rotate around it to get between side points. Lord is really weak and is stupidly easily to kill on condi builds.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The mid point is also the easiest to bunker because it’s such a large space – plenty of room to move around. Some professions like the lay out of the sides because it allows them to safely attack from range on a ledge, but this is pretty much non existent because the current meta is all bunkers and projectile hate.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

as said, foefire and forest are the favourites because the devs didn’t try to hard to add annoying extras like catapults, trebuchets, skyhammers or insta death fall mechanics.

simple maps with none of the annoying extras

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

no its not ! i keep selecting other map, but that wheel keep landing on foefire and then forced its way into my favourite map …

Guild Wars 2 Forever