why is invulnerable stomp still a thing?

in PvP

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

do you not balance?

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

If they use an invuln for a finish, they have a long cool down before using again.

Mist Form: 75 seconds
Obsidian Flesh: 50(?)
Distortion: 60

Let your team know those are down and fighting them is a bit better.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

thief, mesmer and elementalist can counter invuln stomping if they are the downed.

Necros can help any downed player counter it, but nobody brings that trait.

besides, constantly rezzing downed players is a kitten and prevents op players like me (just joking here) to kill people when in numerical inferiority, so even though my necro cannot invuln stomp, i am all for it. .

in PvP

Posted by: IQGoesgwii.9273

IQGoesgwii.9273

Traited obsidian flash is at about 30secs… 33 I think.

Then again though, why is stability a thing?

Regards,
IQGoesgwii

in PvP

Posted by: ranciddy.8243

ranciddy.8243

Safe stomping has been part of the game since launch. Most classes have ways to stomp without being interrupted. Even the thief can use shadowstep to get away from most CC when stomping.

I don’t see this as an issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Bring a Druid for rez. Case closed.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

do you not balance?

It is still a thing because stomping is very hard to achieve otherwise. But I do not see the problem with it to be honest considering the cost of doing so.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

“invulnerable stomp”

Most of them will prevent you to cap the point. So, when you use this, you need to have another team mate on point, if not a decap can occur.

Stealth Stomp is more effective than invulnerable stomp because you don’t know where the stomper is.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

Traited obsidian flash is at about 30secs… 33 I think.

Then again though, why is stability a thing?

Without stab it would just be a contest to see who can spam the most cc, and believe me, we have enough of that flying around as is.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

um….because invulnerable rez’g is a thing.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Obsidian Flesh is actually only 33.5 seconds with the Earth trait. And yes, that is way too short.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Obsidian Flesh is actually only 33.5 seconds with the Earth trait. And yes, that is way too short.

While I teeter on this issue. I actually don’t like invuln stomping, I think it’s a cheap tool not everyone has access to, but nevertheless, it can be argued with cooldowns and what-not.

Obsidian Flesh though is absolutely insane. It blows most other damage mitigation skills out of the water and allows full damage while being unable to CC/Blind/etc, on a cooldown that’s close to half of other less effective tools.

My little rant for the day, that skill is a bit crazy.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

While I teeter on this issue. I actually don’t like invuln stomping, I think it’s a cheap tool not everyone has access to, but nevertheless, it can be argued with cooldowns and what-not.

Obsidian Flesh though is absolutely insane. It blows most other damage mitigation skills out of the water and allows full damage while being unable to CC/Blind/etc, on a cooldown that’s close to half of other less effective tools.

It’s easy to say that when you look at the skill in a vacuum. But when you consider how few non-situational hard mitigations that eles have, you realize that even such a good skill isn’t all that impressive in actual play. You bait out the OB and then they’re open to nuke.

Compare that with revs or scrappers who can chain one defensive move after another to continuously avoid damage. This was also why pre nerf chronos made better bunkers than pre nerf tempests.

in PvP

Posted by: Plykin.5764

Plykin.5764

If they use an invuln for a finish, they have a long cool down before using again.

Only thing with this is Continuum Split + Signet of Illusions you can literally use Distortion 4 times in a very short amount of time if done correctly. Or use it twice to finish one person then use it twice to finish another. here is the math(i think) feel free to correct me if its wrong.

split you have 4.5 seconds until you go back in time
shatter
3 seconds Distortion
finish (lets say you get interrupted at 3 1/2 seconds)
Illusions = 1.25 cast time. 4.5 total
shatter quickly gain 3 seconds Distortion
split go back in time
and this is without calculating the Alacrity you get.
shatter and Illusions are reset at this point you can finish another player.

(edited by Plykin.5764)

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

They could change it, then bump eles up to 15k base hp.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They could change it, then bump eles up to 15k base hp.

HP pools should have always been 15, 17, 19k and rebalance sustain to be closer together. The 11→19k gap has repeatedly caused issues.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Only thing with this is Continuum Split + Signet of Illusions you can literally use Distortion 4 times in a very short amount of time if done correctly. Or use it twice to finish one person then use it twice to finish another. here is the math(i think) feel free to correct me if its wrong.

shatter
3 seconds Distortion
split go back in time

I haven’t delved into Mesmer much since Heart of Thorns, but if you use F5, doesn’t that shatter your clones? So wouldn’t you have to summon more before you can Distort for more than 1 second?

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in PvP

Posted by: Plykin.5764

Plykin.5764

shatter
3 seconds Distortion
split go back in time

I haven’t delved into Mesmer much since Heart of Thorns, but if you use F5, doesn’t that shatter your clones? So wouldn’t you have to summon more before you can Distort for more than 1 second?

Correct but with traits such as Illusionary Reversion, Chronophantasma, Persistence of Memory, Mental Defense + sword/shield skill. You can pretty much have 3 clones/phantasms up during and entire fight.

(edited by Plykin.5764)