why report for afk is a must

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

So this is how it went down.

I went home the other 4 went far. This is kylo and 3 of them died on far from a treb shot. The thief on my team pulled out and came back to help me at home. So i was fighting a guardian from the start of the match and the enemy thief free capped mid. The enemy thief then came to me.

At this point ive been fighting 1 vs 2 for about 10 sec and all my utility’s are on cooldown except rampage. I see the thief on my team come and he jumps onto the other theif. I go rampage and down the guardian. I go for the stomp and he gets picked up. I look up at the top left at the health bar screens and the thief on my team is almost dead. He then went into hiding the whole match and afk. He and the mesmer on my team didnt leave the match but hid in stealth for decaps to get points until the match ended.

They didnt full cap, they each got 20-30 pts and just sat in non fighting areas of the match. It was crazy to see 2 players quit when the game score was around 80-5 and sit there for 8 min and do nothing while me and 2 other players just kept playing for the sake of it.

Seriously Anet, this is a huge problem especially if your solo queing

Attachments:

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Anet definitely should bring back a penalty to leaving the match early or simply AFKing at spawn till the end.

It really annoys me when a sour loser decided to give up and AFK even though we still have a fighting chance to win the match. It’s easy to recover from a 80-5 if you get your kitten together and it seems ridiculous to me to AFK that early in the match because you think you’ve lost.

I really would like to see a ‘report for AFK’ function in PvP and I want someone who AFKs and gets reported for it to get temporarily banned from PvP, maybe permanently banned if it happens more often.

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

I went home the other 4 went far. This is kylo and 3 of them died on far from a treb shot. The thief on my team pulled out and came back to help me at home. So i was fighting a guardian from the start of the match and the enemy thief free capped mid. The enemy thief then came to me.

At this point ive been fighting 1 vs 2 for about 10 sec and all my utility’s are on cooldown except rampage. I see the thief on my team come and he jumps onto the other theif. I go rampage and down the guardian. I go for the stomp and he gets picked up. I look up at the top left at the health bar screens and the thief on my team is almost dead. He then went into hiding the whole match and afk. He and the mesmer on my team didnt leave the match but hid in stealth for decaps to get points until the match ended.

They didnt full cap, they each got 20-30 pts and just sat in non fighting areas of the match. It was crazy to see 2 players quit when the game score was around 80-5 and sit there for 8 min and do nothing while me and 2 other players just kept playing for the sake of it.

I asked for a surrender button so I don’t have to deal with the kind of stuff you’re describing and had someone tell me that no match is unwinnable and even if he’s losing by 300 points and he has FUN fighting 1v2’s. Does that person sound familiar?

If you want I can go back to your old post and quote you about how fun it is to play in a match like this.

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

YOu really did not have to explain why AFK report is a must. It seems more like Arena net was too busy and it hedging all their PVP resources on leagues. This also means it might probably be in leagues and if it isn’t, this post is far too late for HOT.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I asked for a surrender button so I don’t have to deal with the kind of stuff you’re describing and had someone tell me that no match is unwinnable and even if he’s losing by 300 points and he has FUN fighting 1v2’s. Does that person sound familiar?

If you want I can go back to your old post and quote you about how fun it is to play in a match like this.

I have absolutely no problem fighting 1 vs 2. I have actually won a few and though i would of lost this one i wouldnt of been upset had the thief just kept playing. He got outplayed and quit. He cried about treb and did nothing about it. The mesmer followed in his foot steps because quitters ban together.

You also realize that me and 2 other players kept playing? I dont need a surrender button, i need players who que up in ranked/unranked matches to actually play the game. The score ended up around 500-200 since we decided there was 3 of us we just keep running to a single point after dying and just fight it out. Its in my game history, the problem isnt having a surrender button. Its that people who quit go unpunished in this game.

in PvP

TorsoReaper.8530

The reality of the situation is that this kind of thing happens all the time in solo queue. That’s the whole reason I suggested a surrender button. I would much rather have people just leave in an orderly fashion than go AFK and waste my time putting me into an unwinnable match (which you think is always winnable no matter what from your previous arguments). The sooner I can get out of a match like that, the sooner I can queue for a new match that hopefully isn’t f’ed.

I still don’t understand how you deal with the cognitive dissonance of coming on here to QQ about how you got screwed in a match while in another post say “no such thing as an unwinnable match, you can always make a come back” and “I love to just keep playing even if I’m losing”.

For the rest of us who live in reality, there will always be people like this who F up a match, who either AFK right away or DC when things look bad. I don’t want to waste my time, I’d rather be able to leave and queue up another match. You said you feel differently, so if you do, don’t come on here and QQ about it.

(edited by TorsoReaper.8530)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

When you solo que and your facing other solo que players anything can happen if you keep playing. Also i never brought up a dc which happens and im ok with that.

All i want is the ability to report people who quit just because. Your talking everything else which isnt the reason i post it. I truly dont care if the players im with arent as good, if they dc, premade etc etc as long as everyone keeps playing and keeps trying to win.

The way i see it, is if we get rid of all the people who want to quit for any reason it makes it so you only play with people who attempt to win no matter the odds which is all i want. Yes i dot feel differently because you sound liek you want to quit over any little thing. If someone dc and comes back in 1-3 minutes im ok with that. I only want for people to keep competing.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Having a surrender button sounds good to me but I’m not sure if we will be granted that.

So for now, the least they could do is give us what we had in the past and that’s activating a dishonor program.

I just feel that something should be done to prevent people from AFKing w/o trying first. When your teammate abandons and leaves you for imminent failure, they must answer to consequences or some punishment for wasting everyones time.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

TorsoReaper.8530

I only want for people to keep competing.

Well you know what they say. Crap in one hand, wish in another, and see which fills up first. You can wish for a perfect world where everyone tries hard but that’s a fantasy land dream.

The REALITY of the situation is there are plenty of people who afk or d/c at the first sign of losing. Then there are people who shouldn’t even be in the match they’re in and are just feeding the other team. Then there’s the entire solo q vs premade q issue where people are getting blown out 50 to 500. If you think that dishonor is going to stop these people, feel free to keep living in your childish fantasy land. People will do just enough to not get reported or will just take the dishonor on the chin. Your “solution” won’t actually solve anything in the real world.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I don’t want a surrender button. There will be one troll that won’t surrender.

Instead, I rather have the game end early if the team is ahead by 200 points. So I don’t have to suffer through trolls.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

You afk or leave a match, your account gets deleted. Watch how fast that would solve the problem. But I guess we can make do with Dishonorable. Need to make it harsher with competitive cool downs or something at the least and not like a minimal 5 min. but like 30 min. to and hour.
/Surrender was needed ages ago.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

You afk or leave a match, your account gets deleted. Watch how fast that would solve the problem. But I guess we can make do with Dishonorable. Need to make it harsher with competitive cool downs or something at the least and not like a minimal 5 min. but like 30 min. to and hour.

I guess it would solve the problem. If there are no players around, no one would afk.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Free accounts exist lol just could make another.
CSGO does it right to an extent, when you queue up you’re committing to a match regardless of its outcome. If you leave, you have some leeway but if it’s too often then you get a match cool down for a duration of time starting with 30 min and increasing from there.

Säïnt

(edited by SaintSnow.6593)

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Honestly, this feature would be abuse as much as does who afk’s. It’s not a good idea.

in PvP

TorsoReaper.8530

Yes that’s a very realistic solution outcome. I’m sure it would work exactly the way you expect. Nobody would just screw around for the remaining 5 minutes pretending to try. That wouldn’t happen. Also just deleting people would definitely help increase anet’s revenue. Yep, no unexpected consequences in your plan, it’s really well thought out.

You must be a politician in real life to have come up with such a great plan with no unintended consequences.