why so many past legendaries in sapphire

in PvP

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Just have seen a lot of primordial legends and s2 legends in sapphire recently. I guess skill doesn’t matter if there’s a premade 50/50 w/l ratio.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Only a week in to a 3 month season…

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

There is no incentive to rush for legend this season when a lot of people have already got all the rewards they want.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Day 8 rant: People are complaining that legendary players are ruining their sapphire party

Apparently queue times are ridiculous in upper tiers right now. So why rush it right?

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

You don’t wanna rush. The queue time is nightmare at upper divisions.
Especially if you play at non-prime time

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I made legendary 2 season 1 and could of gotten alot higher in season 2. Im about to hit ruby but i honestly except yesterday for like 5 matches have done all AP hunting for classes.

I know a few people who havent been playing much at all. 2 people i teamed up with in season 1 havent even set foot in PvP since they are working on fractal back pcs.

IDK either its they were not worthy of legendary and got it because of Bunker season 1 and above average MMR season 2. Or for alot of us, there is not a whole lot to play for.

in PvP

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

Oh forgive us for actually having to start the grind SOMEWHERE!? lol

Everyone has to grind, no matter what past exp/skill.

I find it the other way round. Where you are annoyed at us being in YOUR division, im annoyed i have to put up with idiots who cannot rotate/know class roles, until i hit upper divisions.

It’s not your fault, it’s the mmr but i only just got to ruby last night thanks to a 6 win streak after having bad matches due to clear sapphire scrubs hehe

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Just have seen a lot of primordial legends and s2 legends in sapphire recently. I guess skill doesn’t matter if there’s a premade 50/50 w/l ratio.

Some people don’t play often and since they’ve gotten to Legendary before, they don’t feel the need to rush?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Already got my legendary wings, don’t really care about division, just play 1 game a day for the daily, then off to enjoy fallout 4 with all the modded content.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Theres just not much intense to play anymore. I already got my wings(never cared about them because i find them ugly anyway so i hide them) and lots of my friends already quit the game, so i have to soloq now, which is much less fun than playing with friends.

Anyway, yesterday i played a lot of matches for the first time since season 3, it ended up in a 17 wins streak. So where´s your “50/50 w/l ratio” mythos?

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Theres just not much intense to play anymore. I already got my wings(never cared about them because i find them ugly anyway so i hide them) and lots of my friends already quit the game, so i have to soloq now, which is much less fun than playing with friends.

Anyway, yesterday i played a lot of matches for the first time since season 3, it ended up in a 17 wins streak. So where´s your “50/50 w/l ratio” mythos?

How many losses have you had?

The match making is, by ANet own admission aimed more at a 50/50 win chance. Sometimes a 50% chance is all you need to get a win. Sometimes it’s not. I’ve won 19 games out of 33. Yet only have 9 pips. It’s all about how your wins fall.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

The league system is mainly about grind, not skill. Thus they need some time to grind their way back to legendary.

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

I made it to legend in s2.
Im finding I have really bad MMR in sapphire right now and games are a nightmare.
For me, meta changed and what I was playing before became unviable, I had to try to become ‘proficient’ with a new build against other legendary players right off of the bat being placed immediately in sapphire, vs. being able to work out the qwerks in my build in amber against are wider range of player skill.

For me this resulted in a lot of hard games off the bat for myself, while other legends who maybe played mesmer or revenant and didnt really have to change their playstyle necessarily, probably would have had an easier time.

Essentially last season i was slowly able to build momentum from the beginning with matches, and this season its just been hard from the get-go. Hopefully this will balance out later on, it will probably just be a slow season for a lot of us!

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

The match making is, by ANet own admission aimed more at a 50/50 win chance. Sometimes a 50% chance is all you need to get a win. Sometimes it’s not. I’ve won 19 games out of 33. Yet only have 9 pips. It’s all about how your wins fall.

None. And its not that anet exlusivly aims for a 50/50 winrate, its basically the whole idea behind any ladder. Any player will advance till hes in the right spot with similar skilled players, thats where the “50/50 mythos” kicks in.

For me i.e. its been quite easy in sapphire, i guess most good players are already in higher divisions. Im not a supergood player by all means, but if i face necros who are completly overwhelmed if i kite their shroud 4/5 while they spam all their big hitters into nirvana, its obvious thats theres a huge difference in experience(im at 7500 matches now).
Surely i got similar bad teammates as well, but its quite easy to outplay your opponents in sapphire, just by experience. Some matches we won because i completly wrecked the opponent team with trebuchet, some matches i just tanked an ele + someone else on a neutral node for like 5 minutes while my team wrecked the other 3 on 2 nodes. Its basically all about experience in sapphire. Read your opponent and adapt, thats usually enough to carry your team in lower divisions.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

None. And its not that anet exlusivly aims for a 50/50 winrate, its basically the whole idea behind any ladder. Any player will advance till hes in the right spot with similar skilled players, thats where the “50/50 mythos” kicks in.

For me i.e. its been quite easy in sapphire, i guess most good players are already in higher divisions. Im not a supergood player by all means, but if i face necros who are completly overwhelmed if i kite their shroud 4/5 while they spam all their big hitters into nirvana, its obvious thats theres a huge difference in experience(im at 7500 matches now).
Surely i got similar bad teammates as well, but its quite easy to outplay your opponents in sapphire, just by experience. Some matches we won because i completly wrecked the opponent team with trebuchet, some matches i just tanked an ele + someone else on a neutral node for like 5 minutes while my team wrecked the other 3 on 2 nodes. Its basically all about experience in sapphire. Read your opponent and adapt, thats usually enough to carry your team in lower divisions.

I agree that is true. I had a match today where I was holding a Ele and guard on there close. Every time I killed them both and each time they came back I’d do the same thing, sadly the other 4 member of my team couldn’t seem to be able to handle 3 people. We lost the match 500-kitten .

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

As someone who has reached legendary for both the first 2 seasons, I have found climbing divisions very hard this season. I admit I haven’t played as much as a should have but I only just today reached Ruby after playing over 110 games in the last week. I think that may be partly because I have been playing Rev a lot which is a class I have just started learning, however I feel that I am fairly good at it already and win most of my rev vs. Rev 1v1s. I have started using ranger again though which is what I played last season and I haven’t had any more success. I think it may be the matchmaking stopping everyone but the very best from advancing this season.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I consider myself an average player, and I have not made the effort to get past ruby during these season because I didn’t want to put in the pip grind, knowing I had 4 seasons to get the backpiece, decided to pace myself as I was heavy into raids.

Got to say this season has been the most odd matchmaking wise. I feel like that people that think this is a testament of skill have some pretty wishful thinking considering my experience.

Season 1. Was okay. I got to ruby without to much stress as even if you were totally outmatched the system considered this. It took alot of matches, but got to ruby in about 2 weeks and stopped.

Season 2. This was wildly unbalanced, start of the win streak idea. Took me about 3 weeks and a whole lot of matches to reach ruby. It seemed luck based because there wasn’t any kind of consistency.

Season 3. Seems like…. That you get locked into a pattern. I went from emerald to ruby in under 100 matches. After I spent the first 2 days doing almost nothing but losing. The nights after that, I would suddenly streak 2-3 tiers at a time then go back to losing hard again. Got to ruby last night on a 9 game win-streak. 8 out of 9 matches were really close, had good fights, and some saucy plays.

It seems like luck more than anything since you have to have your wins arranged in a certain order. As much as I lost, I probably shouldn’t be in ruby with around a 40-45% win rate. But, because the way my matches happened to be ordered here I am.

Seasons 1 pip system felt vastly superior as even if you were outmatched/rated. People still had reason to play hard. Your order of wins didn’t matter, just if you were rated to beat that team you had more to lose if you didn’t win. If you were rated to lose you had more to gain by playing your best. There was less of a degree of luck involved because all the emphasis was placed on the matches, not the order of the result of matches played.

Currently at ruby, have my backpeice because of that fortunate bug. I apologize to the ppl that get matched with me as I will be finishing out the AP for classes I have no Idea how to play.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

I’m currently at slightly over a 60/40 win/lose ratio. I got to ruby the last 2 seasons without pvp’ing that much. So this season I’m actually trying to be very active in pvp. But even then both emerald and sapphire have been extremely frustrating compared to past seasons. But I did enjoy s1 more than s2. But even with over a 60/40 win/lose ratio that’s still barely basically 50% on average, only really helps if you grind grind grind to eventually get a nice streak bonus. Thus when you combine the extreme dc rate (almost 1 every match on either team), the random horrible teams, the solo que vs the team ques, and the mmr hell, and now legends in sapphire its frustrating to the point of pulling your hair out. Not to mention that condi is meta and power builds lag far behind currently (scrapper is decent, shiro is good but gets shut down by cc and condi, and thief is decent again but hs got nerfed and while dash/sb = great decaps, also requires team to change strategy and not just go for home/mid all the time, which most pugs don’t know how to adopt a new strategy, and decapping far just doesn’t work if your mid keeps getting slaughtered b/c of #’s and especially if they have a mesmer with portal) So every match is basically a mirror match 1-2 necros, a ele, a druid or warrior or rev, a scrapper, and maybe a chrono or DD every now and then too. Normally a mirror match would be ok but with pre-determined winners its usually decided beforehand. Would be different if it was completely random thus each team would have a chance of having all bads, or all pros, or a few pros and a few horribles, thus truly balanced in a more fair way.

in PvP

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Less incentive to play because a lot of people finished their wings/achievements. Also queue times are garbage because lot of people just stopped playing. Sapphire sometimes gets to like 15 minutes.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Or… maybe… they didn’t belong at legendary in the first place.

This season has good matchmaking compared the steamroll version of season 2 and the true 50/50 system of season 1.

in PvP

Posted by: odstninja.1468

odstninja.1468

Or… maybe… they didn’t belong at legendary in the first place.

This season has good matchmaking compared the steamroll version of season 2 and the true 50/50 system of season 1.

This maybe true especially with the MMR streaks and op reaper and op dh and op tempest, of the previous seasons.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Two possible reasons:
1. They have all the rewards they want and are busy with Overwatch. They play a match or two a day to get the daily.
2. They played mesmer during the first two seasons and are having trouble adapting to having to actually play.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

What I hear from most people is that they don’t really care anymore.
People are fed up finally.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.