will ranked pvp help me?

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i have a druid ranged right now have two builds going. i have a con sword torch/staff build and a staff/gs cliric build. they both seem to be really good but the problem is i can go 10-12 match winning streak then strait to a 10-12 losing streak so at the moment i have no idea if i am good. so for me its hard to tell if its me fighting bad or good players. i have to say though its super easy to know when i am in a team that has no clue what they are doing. so in ranked is it just good players or does it have bad players and people that have no idea what to do has well? because i am dieing to find out if im great,good,ok or just suck

master jedi david

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

When ranked is available, you should never queue for anything else. Are you on NA or EU?

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

When ranked is available, you should never queue for anything else. Are you on NA or EU?

i am on NA

master jedi david

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Posted by: ShadowHunter.5173

ShadowHunter.5173

I would suggest playing ranked ONLY when:
1. You believe you can win depending on your own skill (rather than RNG/MMR).
2. You are able to handle loss. (When in ranked it hurts more).
3. You are not on a long lose streak (in which case a day break is good).

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

OR make a new account that has never played pvp before, then you’ll have good mmr which means you get put on the best teams in ranked( if you’re lucky) cuz of the new match making system. Then with a little luck you’ll be farming nooby teams with 1 or 2 vets on them in no time! (ranked atm is all about luck unless they change it before next season) happy hunting

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

OR make a new account that has never played pvp before, then you’ll have good mmr which means you get put on the best teams in ranked( if you’re lucky) cuz of the new match making system. Then with a little luck you’ll be farming nooby teams with 1 or 2 vets on them in no time! (ranked atm is all about luck unless they change it before next season) happy hunting

^This guy is super bitter since he got stuck at sapphire and ragequit the season. Ignore his blabbering.

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Ellie.5913

^ This guy just called me a guy so you know he’s SUPER confused. Also hes been stalking and trolling me all day… must not have anything better to do…..Ignore his blabbering.

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

^ This guy just called me a guy so you know he’s SUPER confused. Also hes been stalking and trolling me all day… must not have anything better to do…..Ignore his blabbering.

How can he know if youre a guy or a girl?

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Duh by my name… or am I the only one who uses their real name on here……I’d feel really weird using a girls name if I was a guy but that might just be me >.<

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

supvil.3470

Duh by my name… or am I the only one who uses their real name on here……I’d feel really weird using a girls name if I was a guy but that might just be me >.<

Its the internet barely anyone uses their real name.

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Oh really, well I don’t know I don’t talk to a lot of internet people. Most of them turn out to be trolls, pathological liars, or schizophrenic so yea my bad. I don’t take back what I said though he really is blabbering.

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

supvil.3470

Oh really, well I don’t know I don’t talk to a lot of internet people. Most of them turn out to be trolls, pathological liars, or schizophrenic so yea my bad. I don’t take back what I said though he really is blabbering.

He is actually right tho. Ive read your post history about “MMR hell”. You are writing these somewhat bitter posts to vent your anger due to your lack of succes during the season.

Quite childish to be honest.

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Dude I couldn’t care less about the season, most people started playing ranked pvp becuz they wanted a silly lookin back piece. I played ranked pvp because that’s all I’ve ever played…but the matchmaking was better back in those days so it was fun for me and I won a lot. But now it’s not fun with the uneven matches so I quit. Sure I was a little upset at first because it was a shock that things changed so drastically that made me not have even or fun matches anymore, lots of people were upset over that and quit the game completely so its understandable. I quickly got over it though and just stopped playing ranked which was really weird at first but the more I got used to not playing it the more ok it felt. But you won’t find any ranting or raging or venting of non existent anger from me…(I save all my raging for more important things like real life) that’s just a troll remark. AND I’m done talking with trolls have a nice day

(edited by Ellie.5913)

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

ShadowHunter.5173

So as I said, when you start believing your win/loss depends on MMR you should quit before mentioned ‘anger’ rises (:
Truth be told you can carry matches with a druid regardless of whatever hell ppl are ranting about, that is only if you believe you can obviously.

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Yes totally listen to him, carry your entire team that doesn’t have a clue what they are doing against a full team of people who know exactly what they are doing, sounds fun. Hope you lift weights you’re gonna need a really strong back for it. But I believe in you, you can do it! ( If it works you should rename yourself to Hercules )

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Posted by: Ooops.8694

Ooops.8694

All the bickering aside…

I have two accounts. One did it’s first ranked game at the start of season 2, the other i play pvp with since forever. So with the same player playing the same builds it took me less than 6 evenings to reach legend on one account, while being stuck with with afks and brainless pve zerkers in sapphire on the other.

You may not like it but this post is absolutely accurate.
Or perhaps that’s just my personal fault for not being good enough to carry teams with 1 afk at start while the others manage to lose a 3vs1 fight, then ragequit. Who knows :-)

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

ShadowHunter.5173

Somehow I doubt this would happen multiple times only on your team.. Although I keep seeing people who are proud of duo carrying their friends from being stuck in emerald to ruby ruining the devision even further.
Generally speaking if you play good 1-2 meat bodies won’t make you lose at lower division as they at the very least distract some of the enemy team..

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

ShadowHunter.5173

Besides its more about when you should and should not play ranked.. So you think you should play a game that >you believe< has nothing to do with your personal skill contribution? I think its a waste of time.. And it effects your performance and the team dynamics.
How can you know for certain that you were not carried by a positive minded player in your team on your successful alt account?

will ranked pvp help me?

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I have been duoQing with my girlfriend whole season. Most of the times I was matched with VoIP premades and still prevailed while my teammates were nothing more than a fodder. Got “stuck” in last tier of ruby.

Went in the soloQ and carried myself to diamond and I didn’t lose there. Sadly, the time ran out and I couldn’t farm the legendary division :c (i did take a few week break, should’ve just soloQed)

With that being said, I don’t think it’s right to match duoQ who are on win/loss/win/loss streak for sometimes with a full premade. Or at least not every game.

Either way, those divisions are a joke. There’s no prestige being diamond either, I might miss season 3 allthogether just as I missed season 1.

No, OP the ranked wont make you feel any better or worse. Although competition is a little bit more fierce than unranked. I can’t win 3v1s as I do in unranked. People know their dps rotations in ranked. Although in S2 that was just necros basically spamming chill)))

Infact, with all the elitism in this game, there’s practically no difference between diamond and emerald. So you either legendary or fodder.

Keep in mind there are baddies in legendary that got carried there one way or another.

Also knowing when to “rotate” trumps mechanical skill. Basically what this means is, you should “sense” when to give up a teamfight to go and capture an unprotected capture point with as little risk as possible. Or stalemate a capture point. The first sentence is more suited toward thief/mesmer/revenant as they have better mobility and are more likely to win their 1v1

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)