will there be something like Random Arenas and 8v8 HoH in the future like in gw1?

will there be something like Random Arenas and 8v8 HoH in the future like in gw1?

in PvP

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

i really liked those aspects of pvp, and i’m kind of getting burned out on point capping style like Alliance Battles and FA/JQ from gw1.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/ paid tournaments its same as tpvp but with rewards. custom choose your map. that’s all no deathmatch.

in PvP

Posted by: BLOODBIRD.9386

BLOODBIRD.9386

yeah! Exactly

Untill they bring something like 8 vs 8, ladder and not this (Point capping bunkering) i might get back to the game, paid tpvp is just nothing new…

Am really disappointed, i told my guild that i will quit the game yesterday… it’s becoming a waste of time.

in PvP

Posted by: merry.3247

merry.3247

yes sir, you are not the only one disappointed by the LACK of pvp mode. I mean we are playing guild wars, really ? Because it’s 2012 and we still get the same thing from mmo (no offense taken there tho) which is you gotta cap points in order to win. If Jonathan Sharp is around, I hope he will enlight us with the poor objectives of pvp modes which are embedded to gw2 currently.

I mean where are you thrilling in that ? I remember when I was playing gw1 or even daoc I had to be so focused on the game where one mistake could kill me instantly. Well atm, on gw2 I don’t feel that at all. You want to know why ? Each class got a ton of stupid invulnerability skills, most of the players are building bunker builds on tpvp in order to win (they don’t even care about the kills in fact, are we sure we are playing some pvp there ? it seems to me we are playing a BvB bunker vs bunker with some poor biased off strategy)
So, yes when I’m in pvp I’m telling myself, I can do some mistakes who cares I got a ton of skills to carry me because I’m bad : >
Not so amzing if you want my two cents…

(edited by merry.3247)

in PvP

Posted by: uFail.1587

uFail.1587

I still dunno why they didnt take the GW1 concept? It was so unique and loved by most of the PvP’ers..
We need something which fits into GW2 by the background of GW1-PvP..
Otherwise this pvp wont get far :/

in PvP

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/ paid tournaments its same as tpvp but with rewards. custom choose your map. that’s all no deathmatch.

Paid tpvp is not very diff from free tpvp. The best thing about gw1 pvp was thag it was 90% death match, 10% holding/capping points.

Ppl want death match not sit and wait for points match.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in PvP

Posted by: Piippu.2938

Piippu.2938

Ye, this BvB mode is something that is too much for me. I’m still going to give GW2 a change and keep on playing, but the time is running out. Capping the points and ignoring the actual pvp… well… I dont know.

in PvP

Posted by: merry.3247

merry.3247

what’s the urge to add the paid tournament while the whole concept of those objectives in tournament are so so so so wrong ? I really don’t get it….

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

there are 2 types of pvpers.

1.) Those who want to pwn noobs and farm their title.
2.) Those who want to pwn better players and give them the middle finger.

Game mode doesn’t matter.

So this paid tournament is for the #2 type of players.

in PvP

Posted by: jazx.7319

jazx.7319

I think custom arena should come first instead of paid tournament…and i really hate current game mode