Gabriell.4856

yeah dat DCs, EU lag, crashes, bugs…. so skill~

ESPARTS guize

You forgot ragequit!

wow! great comeback oRNG!!

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Come back? It was double elimination which is great for a team that changes their comp every map to find a counter to their opponents. They got beaten fairly, then won after the introduction of lag, two TCG disconnects over two games and in the third a stuck bug - each while TCG arguably had the upper hand - and finally a massive mistake by TCG cost them their place which it wouldn’t have if not for the losses resulting from the bad luck in the previous games.

All oRNG did was show they have more reliable computers and internet connection, and that comp wars/build wars is apparently completely fine during a tournament that big. Of course, at WTS personal computer/connection doesn’t come into play. EU just lost our best chance at winning WTS.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

great matches.

LOL FUNNY ONE.
The only great matches were the ones before the DC’s and counter comping.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Dunno I would have prefered seing TCG win aswell and I think they deserved it more but why the kitten are you complaining about counter comping? You want to tell me you wouldn’t let people from your team that multiclass switch their class to adjust so you can win money?

Bullet Punch

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I seriously don’t get why counter comping is allowed. With the roster they should submit the builds they are going to play – maybe switch an utility or two but drastic changes like amulet wapping / rerolling should not be allowed.

in PvP

Posted by: blenheim.6489

blenheim.6489

Ya, counter comping is pretty lame. Would be more interesting if meta builds for different classes were presented followed by a round of picks and bans.

Gawdwyn

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Dunno I would have prefered seing TCG win aswell and I think they deserved it more but why the kitten are you complaining about counter comping? You want to tell me you wouldn’t let people from your team that multiclass switch their class to adjust so you can win money?

They switched their comp after losing 3 times in the same tournament and only won once they had switched their comp. I wouldn’t have been as annoyed if they had decided a counter comp before their first match vs TCG and stuck with that, but switching as a last ditch effort after losing 3 matches just seems like a really low blow.

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Anyone want to trade 3ds friend codes for pokemon?

:<

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

We saw the real, pre-customizing results in the first matchup of TCG vs. orng! Da only true ones, mon!

Also, we really have to make some kickstarter action for Sizer’s new PC.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Build wars 2 Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

medi guard won’t cut vs abjured…… and d/p won’t be anywhere near a useful…

gg abjured, sorry orng….

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

^ /15characters

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Great game? is this we play until Orng win,this is crap they don’t deserve win!
GG Tcg, you are only winner of this !

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

GZ to oRNG, and well played TCG. While DC’s are unfortunate, getting a blue-screen from playing on a potato is entirely on the player.

Also, I think that oRNG made good comp/strategy adjustments, and I am not mad about “counter-comping.” Complaining about that is like whining when a football team decides to switch to a no-huddle offense or a rush-heavy attack at halftime because their initial plan isn’t working. Adjusting your strategy/players/builds is a part of EVERY GAME EVER, so I don’t know why people are whining about it. The Patriots beat the Colts by exploiting their weakness against the run. Do you see anybody complaining they didn’t just keep running fruitlessly against the Seahawk’s elite run-D? No, they used different setups, schemes, and players on their roster to get the job done.

oRNG realized they needed someone who could spike down TCG’s squishies, and they lacked mobility with 2x medi guard. They switched to thief. In response, TCG ALSO SWITCHED from 3x ele to 2x ele + engie.

I think oRNG has a lot of talented players, and I think they will show up to PAX East and put on a good show.

in PvP

Posted by: Lastdrone.6387

Lastdrone.6387

Reminder that TCG also changed their comp mid series for anyone complaining about build wars.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Complaining about build wars is hysterical limiting the builds and whatever else would just force an unfair advantage to whoever everyone else decides doesn’t have an unfair advantage in turn giving then an unfair advantage. No limits is the only truly fair way.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

medi guard won’t cut vs abjured…… and d/p won’t be anywhere near a useful…

gg abjured, sorry orng….

they can run medi guard but only one and he has to play a sw gs spec for countering the necro. unfortunately that takes about 100x more effort than the current hammer scepter kitten meta which is just spam 1 on scepter and then press 2 on hammer when wep cd is up.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

Come back? It was double elimination which is great for a team that changes their comp every map to find a counter to their opponents. They got beaten fairly, then won after the introduction of lag, two TCG disconnects over two games and in the third a stuck bug – each while TCG arguably had the upper hand – and finally a massive mistake by TCG cost them their place which it wouldn’t have if not for the losses resulting from the bad luck in the previous games.

All oRNG did was show they have more reliable computers and internet connection, and that comp wars/build wars is apparently completely fine during a tournament that big. Of course, at WTS personal computer/connection doesn’t come into play. EU just lost our best chance at winning WTS.

oRNG came back and won. Period. They had the players with the best skill. They were able to switch out professions to counter what TCG did. TCG had the same opportunities to switch out and counter…they were not able to do that. This was for serious money – they both brought the best they could do…unfortunately for TCG, they couldn’t “counter-comp” as well as oRNG this time.

Why did TCG split up anyway? Did they get in a disagreement regarding the direction of the team or something?

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Congrats orng.

No matter what anyone says Texbi or TCG (could’ve been a group decision) threw the last game. You guys can complain about lag and bug issues, but that last mistake was solo queue worthy.

in PvP

Wintersnight.3061

all in all, ROM is Messi level.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Lol everytime tcg loses its just excuses everywhere… and this wasn’t even tcg it was sizer helseth and 3 good eles. oRNG had more good players. ORNG is eus best chance but I am thinking Boston is gonna be a na 1-2 finish.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I thought both teams played really well, despite disconnect and PC issues, and I think oRNG will do the EU proud. Grats to oRNG for the win and good luck at Pax guys.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

all in all, ROM is Messi level.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

in PvP

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

Awesome games, pretty close but in the end oRNG served them up a nice slice of owned pie. So much ownage that Helseth “DCed” once (rage quit), told his team mate to alt f4 then claim it was a blue screen the next game, and figure out some way to “lag out” while passing through a gate to get stuck in yet another game!

in PvP

Posted by: Qeve.5743

Qeve.5743

Awesome games, pretty close but in the end oRNG served them up a nice slice of owned pie. So much ownage that Helseth “DCed” once (rage quit), told his team mate to alt f4 then claim it was a blue screen the next game, and figure out some way to “lag out” while passing through a gate to get stuck in yet another game!

I love it when ppl dont know whats going on.
The Bluescreen appeared when sizer and helseth went close to spike 1v2.
And everybody who cant see helseth lagging in foefire match either is just a kitten or never had laggs.

in PvP

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

I love it even more when people fall for really clear trolls.

in PvP

Impact.2780

oRNG came back and won. Period. They had the players with the best skill. They were able to switch out professions to counter what TCG did. TCG had the same opportunities to switch out and counter...they were not able to do that. This was for serious money - they both brought the best they could do...unfortunately for TCG, they couldn’t "counter-comp" as well as oRNG this time.

Why did TCG split up anyway? Did they get in a disagreement regarding the direction of the team or something?

One can just as easily argue that, were it not for the disconnects and bugs oRNG wouldn’t have won despite their counter comping, and, in WTS there won’t be a double elimination so they won’t have the time to fiddle around to find the right comp to beat them with; it’ll come down to pre-tournament planning, individual skill on the chosen classes, knowledge of those classes working together, collective strategic ability, and ability to make critical decision and strategic changes during matches instead of before the next match.

in PvP

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Anyone want to trade 3ds friend codes for pokemon?

Bullet Punch

in PvP

Wintersnight.3061

oRNG came back and won. Period. They had the players with the best skill. They were able to switch out professions to counter what TCG did. TCG had the same opportunities to switch out and counter…they were not able to do that. This was for serious money – they both brought the best they could do…unfortunately for TCG, they couldn’t “counter-comp” as well as oRNG this time.

One can just as easily argue that, were it not for the disconnects and bugs oRNG wouldn’t have won despite their counter comping, and, in WTS there won’t be a double elimination so they won’t have the time to fiddle around to find the right comp to beat them with; it’ll come down to pre-tournament planning, individual skill on the chosen classes, knowledge of those classes working together, collective strategic ability, and ability to make critical decision and strategic changes during matches instead of before the next match.

words words words….oRNG won, TCG lost. I bet Helseth and Sizer wish they didn’t break up with ROM and crew now.

in PvP

Quadox.7834

words words words….oRNG won, TCG lost. I bet Helseth and Sizer wish they didn’t break up with ROM and crew now.

LOL it was ROM, denshee and tage that left because they wanted to play / practice more in the team. Get yo facts straight!

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in PvP

Impact.2780

words words words….

What else do you expect from the forums?

in PvP

Posted by: st desnuss.5738

st desnuss.5738

Don’t complain about multiclass player who can reroll and counter comp, but complain about the lack of pick system and rules about counter comping.
I can’t really explay my point of view since my english sucks, but anet/tournament host have to work on this issue.
W8 to see orng vs new french pug (ign) where there is at least three multiclass for each team.
Gl making rules.

Ybobb [SmK]
Guard ~ EU

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

For how they played their previous matches, TCG plays were WAAAAY funnier to watch. oRNG were just boring to see. I honestly don’t know if the DCs happened when TCG had the upper hand, as they both happened when oRNG had more points and higher score.
Frae on his thief really impressed me though. He did an AMAZING job at keeping Sizer at bay – something that Chozen totally failed to do (imho).
Still, good matches. I honestly think that TCG could have won foefire if they pushed Lord with more people on their first attempt instead of just Sizer and Texbi, but meh, too late for “ifs”.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

honestly, having played a medi guard extensively and watching today’s games I cant say I understand why the spec would even be considered at this level of play. medi guard can be fun against lower skilled players, but it’s a subpar spec overall.

in PvP

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Well, some kind of pick\ban system would be interesting. To promote more thoughtful aproach to strategy.

But the problem is – it’s not applyable to general sPvP, cause people do it for fun, not for spending 5 minutes in picks\bans. And if that thing will be only in tournaments it will make competetive scene even more disconnected from regular playerbase – and Anet is kinda against it it seems.

Gz to oRNG anyways, good calls, better nerve.

EU Aurora Glade

in PvP

Impact.2780

honestly, having played a medi guard extensively and watching today’s games I cant say I understand why the spec would even be considered at this level of play. medi guard can be fun against lower skilled players, but it’s a subpar spec overall.

It’s because they win most of their team fights, and if your team can win all its fights, you control the map, and it’s easier to move your slower players to where they will need to be. In the first matches of oRNG vs TCG there, they weren’t winning their team fights and you could see that the meditation guardian was barely in the scene because he just couldn’t keep up in terms of mobility. First they made a mistake (although better than two shout warriors) of going two meditation guards, then made the right call of taking a thief. Being able to zip away, get decaps then zip back is a huge asset when you can’t be sure you’ll win your team fights, in addition to being able to better pressure another thief or a mesmer.

As I said before, they won’t have the potential dozen matches to trial and error their comp in WTS… They will need to think up in advance something like going one ele going staff, one medi guard possibly going with gs and one swapping to thief. I suspect the shout warrior will remain, and they’ll of course comp-wars before the match, swapping out the engi for another ele vs a team with a necro.

in PvP

Posted by: Maylo.5892

Maylo.5892

Congrats to the deserved win, the competition was so big that it must have been tough to win this qualifier. There were 4 teams, one of them i have never saw, one had 2 subs because of the age restiriction and one of them got DCs in every tournament since 4ever. But i really enjoyed it because you know what? THIS IS ESPORTS!!

Mr Maylo
Rank #1 Life

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Congrats to the deserved win, the competition was so big that it must have been tough to win this qualifier. There were 4 teams, one of them i have never saw, one had 2 subs because of the age restiriction and one of them got DCs in every tournament since 4ever. But i really enjoyed it because you know what? THIS IS ESPORTS!!

What happened to you and the pvp scene anyway? Never see you around.

in PvP

Quadox.7834

hahaha so true sadly

Yaniam [Mesmer]