your thoughts on tournament restrictions

in PvP

Posted by: Shaorune.2347

Shaorune.2347

how would the pvp community feel about a restriction of having only one type of class on a team? i am specifically talking about having two warriors on the same team stacking blasts on the football field range of combustive shot. im aware that its a legit strategy or meta and whatnot and im personally not complaining about the class itself cuz i like playing warrior myself but seriously i only watched like one game of the tol and got entirely bored watching hammer time and petting zoos. its either this or have a tournament with zerker amulets only. i would like to watch gw2 tpvp match and be excited to watch, not close the tabs when i see 2 warrior/1 guard/1 ranger/1 whatever comps. warriors just make it more awful to watch with how cheesy it is.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Not warrior…Hambow…

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

In serious tournaments I think its a bad idea to have any arbitrary restrictions on what you can use. In a for-fun tournament like the 1v1/2v2 games, where you’re playing something that there is no question isn’t going to be balanced, then sure. But otherwise, banning away comps is just bandaiding and hiding a deeper balance problem.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I would be fine with a “no warrior” tournament since they are obviously OP. I would not be ok with any other restrictions though.

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

They are OP against scrubs , yes.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I tried to search for you on top 1000 leaderboards but I couldn’t find. However, I would like to know more about your expert opinion. Could you please elaborate it more?

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

In serious tournaments I think its a bad idea to have any arbitrary restrictions on what you can use. In a for-fun tournament like the 1v1/2v2 games, where you’re playing something that there is no question isn’t going to be balanced, then sure. But otherwise, banning away comps is just bandaiding and hiding a deeper balance problem.

Some restrictions would actually help the game be more interesting to watch. Some people really get creative when they are put in a restrictive box.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

A restriction like that only hides the larger balance issues with the game.

GW2 needs more big tourneys like the ToL to truly expose what the balance of the meta is.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

You don’t restrict classes or builds from 5v5 tournaments, that’s just silly. It forces people to find a way around a particular comp that seemingly dominates everything. People found their way around spirit ranger, I’m confident people can find their way around other builds.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Some restrictions would actually help the game be more interesting to watch. Some people really get creative when they are put in a restrictive box.

For fun, yes. For competition, no.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Shouldn’t ban classes, should ban asura. Helps viewers see whats going on.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

They should force everyone to use a Human instead of Asura.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Prophet.1038

Prophet.1038

i agree with OP, the tournament was boring – the finals were boring. Even the shout casters didn’t have the energy to pump it up at the end. Would love to see some non meta stuff in these tournaments, if only there were some restrictions. Lets be serious next tournament, teams will duplicate the winning comp (kpex/apex) to stay competitive. Put some restrictions.

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

I tried to search for you on top 1000 leaderboards but I couldn’t find. However, I would like to know more about your expert opinion. Could you please elaborate it more?

I tried to check what kind of people get killed by a warr, it turned out it was only bads. Also since the ladderboard means so much to you , you can 1v1 me anyday. Any spec except PU.

(edited by a t s e.9614)

in PvP

Posted by: Fourth.1567

Fourth.1567

Or they could balance the game? The only restriction I would like to see is getting rid of asura.

Longbow seems to be a prevalent weapon on warriors because it just covers too many of a warriors weaknesses. Easy way to clear blind, easy way to land a condition removal burst skill, easy way to give yourself some distance from all the aoe. I would say either tighten the initial damage radius of the first blast on the burst skill or add a clause to cleansing ire where it doesn’t effect ranged weapons. Need to be manly!

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

- They should not alow 2 or more of each class in each team.
- Classes with AI Builds should not enter PvP.
- Asuras not alowed.

With those 3 points PvP should be much better.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

No. With all the problems this game has stopping people from playing what they want for some semi-nonexistant competitve scene is a stupid idea quite frankly. If they want to do it for one off tournaments like tournament of legends fine but anywhere else would actually cause them to lose players.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I tried to check what kind of people get killed by a warr, it turned out it was only bads. Also since the ladderboard means so much to you , you can 1v1 me anyday. Any spec except PU.

Interesting that you say this. Seeing as I can kill most of the top players in this game on my warrior, does that mean there are only a few people in this game you don’t consider bad? If that’s the case, you need to reconsider your definition of bad.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

warrior needs to be reworked before it should be allowed in competitive play. it has a disproportionate lack of counterplay compared to other professions. it also gets too much survivability and damage thanks to traitline stat/trait distribution. if thief got crit damage on trickery instead of condi like warrior does from burst mastery you would never hear the end of the complaining.

all player models should be forced human/sylvari so asuran racial advantage is removed.

there needs to be stronger counterplay to team support, counters to fire fields/water fields.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Interesting that you say this. Seeing as I can kill most of the top players in this game on my warrior, does that mean there are only a few people in this game you don’t consider bad? If that’s the case, you need to reconsider your definition of bad.

You have to also keep in mind that this is the same guy who complains about every other build that he can’t kill. He’s so pro he’ll “1v1 anyday. Any spec except PU” because he’s a scrub and can’t beat it by his own set of definitions.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

I would love it, I would also demand a new rank restriction and anyone who is against it has there account banned. Total dictatorship.

I would also add in, a fine of 5 gold every time someone afks/leaves.

I would also like to ban players from the game entirely, in fact, all games int he world, if they are a rank 4 in SoloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

These type of restrictions are stupid; it should be the devs who make playing double of one class a bad idea.

Double ele meta, Double necro meta, Double warrior meta… :/ These point to the Devs Failing balance to such a degree that whole classes become useless and subpar.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?