zero reason to play pvp

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Pug vs premade.

Seriously you made hotjoin more fun than competitive play.

WHY. I know your population sucks but you picked a way to make it worse.

I didnt watch the full vids on HoT but i srsly hope leagues remove this crap.

Jindavik

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

what I really hate about pugs vs premade is when you know and have beaten every member on their team 1v1 coz theyre really not great but when teamed with other average people, they seem more dominant.

and not much you can do coz matchmaking put you in with crappy players.

I don’t mind pugs vs premades if they at least improved the quality of pugs you get.

I’ve beaten full premades with a full pug team of veteran solo queuers.

EU since Aug 2012

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Anet’s response to low pop:

While I’ll let the PvP team respond to the other points here, I do want to take a moment and address this:

PvP has steadily grown in population and play hours going on nearly a year now. It’s sky-rocketed since the game went free, and the two weeks before this have been our best weeks literally since the week the game launched. We anticipate this week will be the best week login/play wise PvP has ever had in the history of Gw2.

I don’t want to trivialize your points – and our competitive team has some great reasons why things operate the way they do they’ll lay out and explain in relation to leagues soon: I do want to call out you’re using false population data to support your point.

From an ArenaNet perspective, PvP is the fastest growing part of Gw2 and had more success for us as a business in the last year than it’s had by far in the history of the Guild Wars franchise. Next year is going to be even bigger because of that success.

I’m really proud of the work the team has done and the work our amazing player community who has helped grow competitive PvP just as much as our dev team has and would hate to see that lost in this discussion.
-CJ

So they didn’t remove solo queue because of the population. They removed it because they hate us.

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

It’s REALLY annoying especially when going against a full premade of tourney players. Went against a team of 5 premade rangers in SH. Not at all enjoyable.

Seriously why cant we have solo queue. Pure solo queue based on our MMR. Imagine how much fun that would be.

It’s just so unfair to make solo people sacrifice into getting fed to these premade teams. If they want to compete, they can join weekly tourneys or go in a private server. It’s not right to make the majority sacrifice just so the minority premades get accommodation. These people can disband and play solo. That’s a lot more fair than having us go against them

So tired of feeding these premades.

They are sucking the life out of my enjoyment of this game.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

#soloq2015

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

+1 to this. Needs to go back to solo q. This is just stupid and forcing hardcore elements on a very casual friendly game.

Team q for premades, solo q for solo players.

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Yea im tired of premades too. You can enter with max another person because if you enter with 3 people you will face 4man or 5 man premades. Even if you enter with duo the chance is too high to face 3-4man premade anyway but duo is better than solo by far.

And the answer to why pvp has increased so much lately is ofc due to free to play and the fact every single player has beaten the pve content several times already since the release, people are bored, so they go to farm their pvp ranks for achievements. Simple explaination, it has nothing to do with a “success”. You cant even compare it to gw1 when gw1 never went free to play. I remember gw1 had like 18+ districts (servermaps if you will), in Heroes Ascent only. You cant forget gw1 had SO MANY different pvp modes. You cant even compare it. Dont buy all the talks…because its just numbers that doesnt explain anything other than people are bored with the game (due to no living story updates), so they go pvp instead to farm their titles and achievements before hot comes.

And yea i want soloq back pls!

(edited by sanctuary.1068)

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Solo players make up the heart and soul of pvp.

Most of these tourney types only queue in a team because they are afraid to queue solo. Why? bcoz they know theyre not that good w/o their buddies to back them up.

Therefore if they cant queue a team, they don’t play.

So why should anet accommodate cowards that don’t play with out a team? Theyre investing in the wrong people. However, the premades will always queue up no matter what. Even when they are abused to pieces and being fed to flaky team/tourney types.

EU since Aug 2012

(edited by cakeonroof.7385)

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

You guys do know that pvp is a team sport, right?

Anyway, I only solo queue, and I rarely run into problems with this…

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yeah, we do. Working with 4 other strangers to beat other 5 strangers.

Working with 4 other strangers to beat a dedicated experienced team who is organised, talking with eachoter on teamspeak, have a planned strategy, and where everyone knows his buddies playstyle is NOT a game.

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Yeah, we do. Working with 4 other strangers to beat other 5 strangers.

Working with 4 other strangers to beat a dedicated experienced team who is organised, talking with eachoter on teamspeak, have a planned strategy, and where everyone knows his buddies playstyle is NOT a game.

pretty stupid to que with four strangers over four pals. it’s a team game where you can que as a team, pretty obvious that you’re supposed to be doing so.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I honestly don’t see pug’s vs premades as a problem at all. Just because they are in a party, doesn’t mean they are well organized with a premeditated comp. I have tried joining a few pvp focused guilds so I can try to find new people to play with. And in these guild groups you so frequently get weak players, that I generally find it easier to get wins while solo qing. Sure if you run into an esl level team all qing together then gg but generally the premades I run into aren’t much stronger than pugs.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: mishkamba.6358

mishkamba.6358

I honestly don’t see pug’s vs premades as a problem at all. Just because they are in a party, doesn’t mean they are well organized with a premeditated comp. I have tried joining a few pvp focused guilds so I can try to find new people to play with. And in these guild groups you so frequently get weak players, that I generally find it easier to get wins while solo qing. Sure if you run into an esl level team all qing together then gg but generally the premades I run into aren’t much stronger than pugs.

Not to offend but this kind of reply brings the suggestion of majority to “0” chance. Arthur, not to be rude but you know there is a problem with the whole thing. what your saying is not completely wrong in my opinion but your only referring to 30% un-organized premade vs 70% well premade groups.

sad part is ANET will not do anything about it. not to mention the lame and stupid reporting system. like what the hell, people rage quitting and afk’ng without getting any consequences.

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Not to offend but this kind of reply brings the suggestion of majority to “0” chance. Arthur, not to be rude but you know there is a problem with the whole thing. what your saying is not completely wrong in my opinion but your only referring to 30% un-organized premade vs 70% well premade groups.

sad part is ANET will not do anything about it. not to mention the lame and stupid reporting system. like what the hell, people rage quitting and afk’ng without getting any consequences.

Where are you getting those numbers from I ask? This is my experience from both sides of the coin, both joining groups, and fighting against them while solo. Sometimes you find well organized groups, but this is quite rare. The match making isn’t perfect but it does attempt to match premades with less skilled players against more skilled soloqers. I do find that it generally does a decent job of this, not perfect naturally but it is barely a problem.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Arena should have just add another segregation pvp system for beginner and solo pvpers.

Rank 1-15, Rank 16-30 , Rank 31-50, Rank 51-70, Rank 71-80
This way beginners would not be trashed, veteran pvpers only play with players same par with them.
But then again, is the pvp populations are sufficient enough to support this system? xD

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

But then again, is the pvp populations are sufficient enough to support this system? xD

It sounds to me like leagues is basically what you’re going for. The F2P model was probably also made to try to solve this issue.

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

with response to the ragequit/afk

why should i not afk when i try to guide the pugs i am with and they just flat out ignore me and i watch them fight off point or leave the 2 points we have to try get far for no reason only to lose what we had? i am not going to keep feeding the enemy team when i am stuck with that and the score is at 100-300 stuff that.

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

Arena should have just add another segregation pvp system for beginner and solo pvpers.

Rank 1-15, Rank 16-30 , Rank 31-50, Rank 51-70, Rank 71-80
This way beginners would not be trashed, veteran pvpers only play with players same par with them.

the rank farming servers would invalidate this idea instantenously….

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

If you rarely run into this then either you don’t play much or have a low rating. If I play 8 games I’ll see this at least twice on average. Maybe not a full 5 but at least 4 of 5.

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: JuiceboxHero.9463

JuiceboxHero.9463

It’s really simple, see…. Make a premade too. The only major factor in MMing should be rating. A team of casuals should still play against casuals, even strangers. In no world should casuals be forced against veterans.

zero reason to play pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Mordecai.6318

Mordecai.6318

Most of my teams in pvp consist of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hug0bIuGd4Q